Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

A Stranger in the Kitchen

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella's eyes did not leave Avis face as she spoke.

"Alright then," a defensive note of certainty lingering in his voice.

Then another sigh - a deep one one as the tension was forced from the Alchemist's body. Clapping his hands together he moved toward the plates.

"Well then. Breakfast it is then."

The gourmand eyed the hash and - perhaps oddly - didn't seem at all phased by the state of the sausages. He collected a plate, utensils, and found a place to eat while the conversation flowed around him. He took advantage of a natural pause in the flow to add his own voice:

"You might say I've come home. There was a successor Cabal to the Veiled Threats."

Hash was shovelled gloriously into his mouth.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"No." she says, loading up her plate. "Just because I want to know something, and this cabal thing is a cabal thing - assuming you're here for that, what with the married to Star thing - like wow. Didn't, but did kinda saw that coming - doesn't mean that I have a right to your secrets." she says, around a mouthful of hash. She gives a happy sound. Yum. Food.

But. [Rs]but.damn.cocksucking.fuck[/s] "You're a Warlock Master of Space? Or are you a fancy out of Path Master?" how much Mind did she have? fucknodon'tcan'tstop

"Looks like." she says, to Tyche as the subject is dropped, "Though dangling something juicy in front of us, then snatching it away." she clicks her tongue. "But, whatever. I'm Briar Rose. Shaman. Apostate. Blah." she makes a face. Labels. She rolls her eyes, then smiles.

"Yes, yogurt stuff, I definitely want the yogurt stuff." Avis, might have made enough for 8, but it looks like the piled plate, and how Briar Rose had already gnashed into the sausage, and hash before sitting, and also not bothering with mouth closed while eating manners, 8 was the perfect number.

"It was everyone gets a whole theatre to themselves part." and, keeping the Guardians close. Maybe if she was close. Too close. Their eyes wouldn't be turned towards her. Maybe they'd be focused outward...

But.

Her eyes look to the Former Hierarch.

She finds her own place to sit. And shovels food into her waiting maw. Only to cough, sputtering. "That bitch! Did you fucking hear!? Bitch wants us to keep fucking matching! Fuck. Like. Fuck. No. Goddamnit! Fuck."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

4. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Maybe Tyche was used to living around those she trusted, or maybe she was trying to push and prod and find Avis' buttons. Either way, she'd succeeded in finding one of the scarred woman's nerves. Avis visibly bristled as Tyche reached past her into the fridge, muscle pulling taught beneath those silvered memories of pain, though Avis resisted the urge to grab a glass bottle and turn on the woman getting so cozy right next to her.

"Glad you feel so comfortable around me," Avis said to the Guardian, "but I'm gonna need you to respect my personal space. I won't say it again."

That was about as nice as she could put it. Truly, because Avis wasn't one of those people that hated contact. No, instead, she was the opposite, as Star could attest. But the history written upon her skin also attested to the brutal education she'd gone through, one that had transformed a comfort into something to be feared, and cabal or not, she didn't trust anyone in the room well enough to get beyond the spikes of fear that proximity drove into her.

Still, warning given, Avis grabbed the big tubs of yogurt, and oatgurt, as well as bowls of ganola and berries. She set it out on the counter, removed the cling wrap, and walked over to throw it away, standing by the trash where no else was.

"A successor cabal? How many people have been getting their gunk all over the theater?" Avis asked, eyes focused on the dignified man chowing down on the little feast she'd prepared (and mostly didn't burn). If what he said was true, then she'd probably have to spend a week, at least, scrubbing sympathy from the building. And she'd have to see about the wards, too. Fuck.

"If she's trying to match, it likely means she has a tenuous hold on her identity, which is concerning for an Arrow," she tossed out next, trying to contribute to the discussion without really knowing much. It would be better to keep the conversation flowing, after all. Relationships weren't built in a vacuum. Of course, Star helping make introductions would go a long way towards that.

Guess she'd really worn him out the night before.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

6. Likes West, liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche was quiet for a bit, heading for her mug and slipping a dash of creamer in her coffee. She listened to Campanella's defensive tone, but didn't comment.

A chuckle even sounds as Briar goes on her brief rant about Skye.

Then comes the threat. Tyche glances up from her mug, her expression relatively indifferent and, most importantly, unbothered. Turning around to lean against the counter, raising a mug and finally taking that first drink, eyes closing as she savors the taste. Opening again, the gaze returns to the Warlock.

"Around you? No,"
    Tyche said, a nod indicating the other two in the space. The fact was Avis and Tyche were not alone. If they were, the Acanthus' comfort would not be present. "You were by the cream and I don't take my coffee black. Still, noted."

Was she looking for an apology?

Not my forte.

Settling into her spot at the far counter, Tyche seems to have no intention of dipping over to the feast itself.

"That's... actually a good question,"
    Tyche offers, "It'd be good to know if you wanna share, Campanella."

At the comments of Skye the Enchanter can't help but grant the assembled an amused smirk.

"You'll always be the bubblegum original to me, my dude,"
    she offered Briar.

A shrug to Avis.

"Big oof then,"
    she said, "She talks a lot too. From what I gather. So if that's not your game? That'd be another oof. I think you'll like Pheonyx though."

8. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella stopped eating when Avis bristled. His eyes were riveted to the two women, slowly releasing them and the scene that played out in the space between them.

He made to dig back into the hash. He got about one mouthful in before Tyche redirected the focus of the conversation on him.

"Niiddhog's Bane."

He moved the plate to one side.

"Tuesday. You remember Tuesday? Aurora. An Obrimos named Sand. And Myself. It was the darkest time in that whole Reality War sage. We joined together for mutual defence and fell back to the Theatre in order to take a final stand. We were the last Cabal... The last Pentacle presence in the city at the time."

10. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"That's so... melodramatic."

Look who finally showed up. Obviously freshly showered which explains the lateness. The t-shirt explains that the earth is flat. Nobody is explaining the purposeful delay because Avis. You either get her or you don't. Or that it's hard to watch someone wreck food without stepping in.

"I mean, sure. Dark times. That part's okay. But 'last cabal'? Isn't that like saying Netflix is 'only online now'?"
    Cue the grinning reproach before catching Avis' eye and fingers dancing. "Again, not making light of the End of Days," yes he is, "Just the 'last cabal'. You're gonna scare the fish off and we just got this place cleaned up again."

So. There was that thing. With Salt-n-Peppa. Fine. Mace. Pepper. The Spray Girls. Then Temporary Suds. Both fly by nights. And... whatever wack-ass thing all the crazy Arrow guys were trying to get off the ground. Too long, didn't read: Sacramento has more failed start-ups than Silicon Valley.

Side note: Yeah, kinda remember Tuesday.

"Also. Good morning. Are those mushrooms? Because I smell mushrooms in there. Oh, remember that thing in the very beginning? Where I said someone might visit? So, like. She's going to visit, but kind of an every-day-not-leaving visit. Just a head's up."
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

12. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

So, that's something. She ponders the sudden, but not really, Avis claiming her own personal bubble. Briar Rose wonders if that was become of Sympathy or something else. Maybe bother, but possibly something else, as the women hadn't answered again, which meh. Whatever. Briar Rose already said what she said.

"I'd better be the fuckin' OG." she near growls around her mouthful of potatoes and peppers.

Hearing that copy+paste was a talker, has Briar Rose rolling her eyes. "Phoenyx is okay. Not a talker or a drinker. But she seems like a, huh. How would you describe Pheonyx? She's a..." a shrug, more food, apply to maw, chew. Swallow. Repeat.

"Gee Star, thanks for the heads up, this is super new and surprising information that is completely and one hundred percent shocking to me. Yes. This is my shocked face. Look. I'm so shocked." she drawls, looking around the room, before she snorts and gnaws on a bit of sausage. It's crunchy. So. Very. Crunchy. Yum~
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

14. Likes Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Of course I still remember, Tuesday, I talked to her last week," Avis replied, a little bite in her voice, though her expression was more subdued. More of an "oh, right", than anything snarky. She'd known Tuesday was still in the threater, hadn't she? Yeah, totally. So... Guess she'd never taken the time to carry that idea to it's logical conclusion. Which was maybe understandable, given everything that she'd been occupied with.

Maybe not.

Either way, she was here now.

"And there's other places that need the pentacle. Still, I guess I owe you for holding down the fort, ya know?"
    she added, trying to lighten her tone, and mostly succeeding. It was definitely much easier to influence people by just reaching into their heads, or putting on a front, but she was trying for something a little more organic, here.

Kind of like the mushrooms.

Avis' expression lit up when Star walked into the room, at least, comparatively. There was no 1000 watt smile, not even a flash of teeth, just a flicker of something that was close to a grin. Still, her arms were crossed, the fingers of her right hand drumming rhythmically against the opposite elbow.

"Anyways, yeah, you're in my cabal now. So, much as I'd love to hear all the goss about the other kids on the playground, more concerned about getting to know all of you. So, how do you wanna do this? 2 truths and a lie? Questions game? Eat the liver out of a deer carcass together, what?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

16. Likes West, Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Campanella recounts Nidhogg's Bane with the dour drama expected of one of his Path, Tyche's eyebrows perk. Either he was telling the truth or...

Your Pride is showing.

Maybe he felt it was true, maybe the reality was less than what he remembered. Still the finer points of his words were not why they had gathered and, frankly, he had answered the question. Another cabal of mages Campanella had trusted had taken residence for a time. Cool. Handy to know as they established themselves.

Then came Star's arrival and announcement. Avis was sticking around long term.

"In that case, welcome back,"
    she said to the Warlock, her tone still relatively neutral. She did offer a small smile though, nothing wrong with being friendly. "If you decide you ever wanna use the doors instead of, y'know, popping in let me know. I'll get ya a key for the new locks."

"She's a soldier,"
    Tyche said of Pheonyx as Briar ponders how to describe her, "Though she does drink in the right situation."

Avis, though, was less interested in the others for the moment. It made sense, considering they were not sharing her home.

"Dealer's choice,"
    Tyche offered. She didn't care how they did it. Just that it was done.

18. Likes Cayce, , West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Avis' gruff response washed over Campanella. He picked up his plate and continued eating, pausing only when Star made his own entrance. The Moros continued eating, unconcerned as the Illusionist cut through the implied melodrama. Campanella shrugged.

"Glad to have you back," he said dryly. His eyes shot over to the Arrow, bounced off and landed back on his plate.

"Phoenyx is very competent and has served this Consilium loyally for as long as she has been here." His tone was matter of fact; there was no need for admonishment.

"You missed pizza and wine," Campanella risked another stare at Avis as he tried to lighten the mood. "Though to be fair we didn't get much past the pizza and wine that night. I gues it would depend if we want another night in or if we want to try something a little more adventurous. I hear some of you enjoy urban exploration?"

20. Likes Cayce, , West liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread