(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “That is true, the end result is usually worth all the hard work and hoop jumping. And I’ll make sure to let you know when it’s open.” She was looking for legit business, but there was more work in it then crime.

“Ah, well that should make for a wonderful evening. I agree, there are quite a few interesting Kindred in the city. I believe you’ll attract a good gathering.” Couldn’t really say crowd, as their numbers were low. “Miss Wood?” then mention of the Farm, “Oh.” Then shakes her head, “It’s been about a year since I’ve been there, and it wasn’t to view the plants.” It was a dog and pony show. “But I know she is quite proud of what she’s been able to do there, and would probably welcome the chance to have you over.” Least it was how it sounded to her.

“Well, I’ve never dressed any differently when I visit. It’s just a general theme I believe, they even have a lot of traditional drinks from the time. Makes for a fun evening. Speaking of, I should head there again some evening. Perhaps we can have an evening out.” Her way of inviting.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"That's a bit of a relief. I know so little of the era." She confided.

"I think I must try some of the traditional drinks. I would love to spend an evening there with you. You can tell me the best things to order." She smiled a bit impishly.
    She would look forward to spending the evening with the Prince. She was shattering Jennifer's expectations. It had been far too long since she had gone out to socialize and she was enjoying herself.

"It has been a minute since I've gone out. Have you been out lately?" She inquired.
    "I have mostly been indoors trying to get my plants established. It would be good to get out."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“It was a trying era in Italy. But, many good things came from it. I imagine it was the same for America, though I’m not sure.” Shrugging.

“A lot of them seem to include gin and whiskey, so if you don’t mind those, you’ll be good.” A smile, “I’ll give you a call when I’m able to head over there, it’ll be a fun night.” It would be good to get out again. Though it would be weird without Vivian there.

Shaking her head, “I don’t get out like I used to. But, I’m looking to change that, take more time for myself, get to know others better. It’s been too easy to withdraw into myself, and, well, that’s just not me.” She wanted to go back to how she was. Enjoying the evenings.

“So it seems it will do us both a bit of good.” And who knows, maybe she’ll have fun. “How are the plants coming?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiles, sincerity reaching her eyes.
    "I look forward to the night out, Your Grace."

She leans forward a bit, her interest and passion causing smile to become a look of interest. "The plantings I brought with me are thriving, thankfully. I had obtained a few seeds that I think would be most relevant to the First Estate. I do so love the subtle language of flowers and hope to see it thrive in Sacramento. I would need some time to see the seeds bloom, and I think they will be ready when I am prepared to move forward with the Flower Shop. Do you have a favorite flower, Your Grace? I am fond of the Blue convolvulus blooms."

We've spoken of the language of flowers a bit before. I understand the flowers are not for everyone's taste."
    A small smile of understanding was given.
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage listens, watching the interest on the Haunts face.

A shake of her head, “I’m afraid I don’t have a favorite flower. They’ve never really been my thing.” They never really served a purpose to her. “Don’t get me wrong, there are some truly beautiful flowers, but I’ve never really paid a whole lot of attention to them.” People used them for decoration and to try and smooth ruffled feathers.

“But I am open to learning more about them. You’ve mention how important they are to the First Estate, and I would like to know about that. As someone who would be considered still new to the Covenant, learning more about important symbols is valuable. So I would welcome the chance to learn about them from you.”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods slightly as the Prince speaks.
    "I see. Flowers are not for every one."

She smiles slightly as the Prince mentions learning more about flowers.
    "I am always happy to discuss flowers. I admit, I have been feeling out some others to see how receptive they are to the floral code."

The Lady had recently used flowers to see if a message was interpreted the way that she intended. She was still processing the reply around it.

"For example, one quality that I seek is repose. A state of peace. Blue convolvulus conveys sends very different messages than pink convolvulus. I think people might think differently of me if I wore the flower that says 'extinguished hopes'. If I may, your Grace."
    Jennifer reaches into her messenger bag and pulls out a journal. It is her Kine safe journal, styled in the sort popular with bullet journaling. It worked well with blending on campus.

She flipped the pages to the first grey ribbon and turned it to show three pressed flowers. One was the blue convolvulus and Jennifer indicated it with a finger.
    "This is the one you may have seen me wearing about."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Oh? And how has that been going? Has there been any interest?” aside from her own of course.

Repose? “A state of peace? Are you not at peace? Though I suppose in our world peace can mean different things to different people.” When she asked, Ale nodded, watching.

Leaning forward, the Savage takes a moment to look at the pressed flowers. “I’ve seen those before, it’s good to know what they’re called.” Not the prettiest flower, but, whatever. “And now that you mention it, I have seen you wearing it.” And a little at a time, pieces were coming together.

“Can any message be said with flowers?” the interest evident on her face.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"I have mentioned a shop to a few, and they seem interested. I will like to see if there is any use of the Floral Code in nights to come, Your Grace. I do believe I heard mention of it in Court some time ago. It is promising that it is known. "

"Regarding peace: I think some of the Kindred condition is tied into discouraging one's Beast from reacting in a negative way." She explained her feeling on peace. "Dealing with the Beast in one's cage. I strive to hold peace in myself, to be peaceful. When that is prudent, of course. It is only my own personal philosophy."

It was a personal goal of Jennifer's.

"I think a great many messages can be, Your Grace. Some of the language may be more difficult to send. I was just planting buttercups and was struck by' Childishness and Ingratitude' . That could be interpreted differently. Or whimsical and changeable being conveyed by the purple carnation. I tend to try and pair my primary message with one of two other flowers for context. I wouldn't want to give the wrong impression. "

She leans forward slightly.

"For example, I recently created a planter in my shop of red carnations and gentle balm herb. Alone, they could say admiration and pleasantry. I created it in the hopes of a pleasant meeting where my feelings of admiration for my guest were conveyed."

The Lady smiles, confiding. "I find it enjoyable. What are your thoughts, your Grace?"
    The Nosferatu was very interested in the Prince's questions. It was clear that she may have started the evening without care for flowers (as so many did), but now she was curious. Jennifer was very interested in what interested the Prince. She began to hope she could be creating a special bouquet for the Prince. She wanted to check in that she had not bored the Prince.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “It would be interesting to see it in use. And while I’m not opposed to flowers in Court, I am careful about keeping Court a neutral place. One where each Covenant feels welcome. So if flowers could be introduced into Court with keeping that in mind, I would be open to it.” It was always important to her to keep a neutral place.

“I know for me, joining the Invictus has shifted my views on my own Beast. I had always been one willing to give into it. But now? I hold it in check.” Not always the easiest thing.

Laughing, “Oh, I would have made a crown of that for some Kindred that have come through the Domain. We’ve had quite the childish and ungrateful Kindred, and the stories I have.” A small shake of her head. “See, that’s where I feel I would have difficulty, giving the wrong impression. There have been numerous times where what I have said has been not only misunderstood, but construed in a way for others to try and use against me. So that would be a concern I would have.” Because someone was always going to misunderstand her. She was just wasn’t as well-spoken as others.

“I have many thoughts, and a few concerns. Which I already conveyed. But I feel those concerns can be handled quickly and without issue. And I would like learn more about the history of flowers with the First Estate. And see them used more often, perhaps at meetings, and I may even look into something I can display here in my office.” Which could use some life and color. “But I would have to learn more as to not send the wrong message. Does that notebook of yours have a cheat sheet?” she asks with humor and a laugh.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

NOS
    PRE

"It is one of the benefits of the First Estate, I agree. The ability to soothe any insult to the Beast with our traditions." Jennifer agrees as the Prince mentions holding the Beast in check.
    "Holding the Beast in check is the core aspect of what I consider 'peace'. I want to be composed and at peace with my Beast."

It was very important to who Jennifer was and who she wanted to be. She was relatively young, in Kindred years. She used to worry an elder Invictus might call her a Breather for the facial expressions and gestures she still displayed. Her orchestra helped her remember how to display these things and how to pass among the Kine.

Jennifer gave a sincere laugh at the mention of a crown. "I would have loved to see that," She grinned. "- there were a few... mistakes... that I remember. I grew so tired of folks causing disruption because basic respect and courtesy escaped them."

No need to mention how many had been Nosferatu. This year and the ones to follow would be great ones for clan Nosferatu, she believed.

"These have a great bit of info," She smiled, turning the journal to face the Prince. "- mostly its the images so one can recognize them. Then what they mean.

I brought plantings of all of the roses, carnations and convolvulus flowers. Those flowers alone convey a lot of tone. You're unforgettable says the pink carnation. The red carnation speaks of Admiration. Even yes for a solid color carnation and no for a striped carnation."

"It takes time to learn the language, a bit of patience to arrange flowers together for a message. I would be glad to talk about flowers with you whenever you please. I enjoy my hobby a great deal. You could borrow the journal for pictures and definitions of all of the flowers."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread