Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Private Meeting ~ Duchess and Lady

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer had sent a letter with details of the site to the Alder Duchess Twist a few nights before the meeting date. It was a quiet stand-alone one-story building, of modest size with an attached parking lot. The windows were covered in heavy rose-pink curtains, each pulled back slightly to allow a little light through. This was the site of Jennifer's former Flower Shop, and she had rented it out for a period to test out various aspects of the building.

Jennifer would be awaiting the Alder Duchess' arrival and would open the door upon her approach.
    Jennifer’s long brown hair was curled into ringlets about her face, a bit pulled and gathered up to cause cascading waves of hair in the back. A knit fabric in rich purple was wrapped around her neck, pinned in place with a spider pin in green and brown precious gems that she had worn to Court before. She wore a business style suit of white silk top, open blazer in a lighter, summery purple and knee length skirt.
    The light within was dimmed in the room, provided by an overhead light. There was a small end table for setting ones’ things at the entry way. It may be summer, yet a standing rack was provided for any wrappings. A light, gauzy fabric printed of colorful butterflies was already draped upon the rack.

There was a small electric light beside the seating place to set adequate light for speaking comfortably. The seating area was around a low coffee table. There were two arm chairs set at comfortable speaking distance.
    A small, hand carved wooden planter was set on the table. It was planted with a ring of herb one may recognize from the First Estate floral code as gentle balm. A few blooms of red carnation were tastefully arranged to bloom above the balm, a pleasing ring of red and green.
    A side table with an electric light and scent combination was set with a book: Plant Form by Adrian Bell. A pressed leaf shadow box had a light, showing various leaves artfully arranged. The rest of the room was stark, clearly not well furnished as yet.

Twist

Picture of plant
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Approaching the address listed, Twist was dressed casually. The dark fabrics of her outfit helping her blend with the night. The confident bold walk as she approached the building, not so much.

She smiled in greeting as Jennifer opened the door to let her in.

"Good evening," she starts as she steps inside. Looking around she takes in the space and the arrangements, noting the floral arrangment. "I do not believe I ever had the pleasure of coming her before," she comments conversationally as she turns back to Jennifer, still smiling. "I am glad to get the chance."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer welcomed the Duchess with a pleasant smile.
    "Good evening," She greets as she turns to survey the space.

"I am trying it out." She confides. "I managed to get a short time in the old building that I had before. I am hoping that I can arrange for the building permanently. I apologize for the stark conditions, this was arranged very recently."

She walks near to the sitting area.
    "How have the evenings found you, Your Grace?"
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled and waved a hand lightly at the apology.

"There is no need to apologize. Blank is not bad- merely a start. I believe the phrase has something to do with a canvases no?"

Following Jennifer, Twist pauses to consider before answering.

"They have been quiet," she said. A repetition of what she often said to the question of late. And despite what individuals knew of her, what she herself had no issue admitting, she was glad for it. And her voice carried that truth.

"I have been able to enjoy going out as well as working on some more personal matters as such." She laughed and glanced around the shop as they reached the chairs, "Much as you yourself."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiles as she walks to her chair.
    "Yes, I do find decorating to be enjoyable. I recently discovered shadow boxes and am playing with them a bit. I found one photo on Pinterest completely made of pressed leaves. It looks lovely."

"Yes, I have enjoyed time to invest in matters that are important to me." A hand indicates the shop.
    "Hopefully I can get this established soon.
    I am glad that you have had time to work on matters important to you. I have been meaning to talk to you for some time. It has been too long,"
    She lamented.

"Would you mind if we discussed Covenant matters?" She inquired.

She was very keen to discover everything that was going on, and a quite curious on the Alder Duchess' thoughts.
    Twist

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Of leaves? That sounds interesting and likely time intensive."

Twist's lips curl in a smile, "As do I, though I do not think you need to put too much pressure on yourself. A rushed job is not always a good job." Not that she was actually worried about such, at least not with Jennifer. Nothing about her shouted that she was the type of person to rush headlong into a conclussion solely to reach it.

Settling into her chair, Twist shook her head, "Not at all. What did you wish to discuss?"

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I agree." Jennifer states. "A shadow box only of leaves is going to be time intensive. Perhaps the finished look may be worthwhile."
    Jennifer glances around the room, possibilities were very inviting. This could be a very good space.
    Jennifer settled into her chair.

“There are two things I was hoping to discuss. I would love to learn what our strengths are in spheres of influence and where my attention could be of most use. Your Grace may remember that I have been studying Oath of Blood Service. Its consumed much of my time, as it is very involved. I was able to learn the majestic gift of Awe and the Mekhet’s heightened awareness when Prince Asa impressed upon others to help me continue my studies. My Blood resists my desire to push onward.”

She laments.
    “The Oath of Blood service being available to the Covenant needs me to continue learning of the majestic gifts of the Blood of the Rose. I happily provide a fair offering in return. Would your Grace have a suggestion? ”

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No doubt it will be. Even if only to teach what not to do. Does this mean that you yourself are going to attempt to create such a piece?"

Leaning back, in her seat Twist thinks on the covenant and the members for a moment. "Most of our covenant is quiet in their associations but I believe I should be able to give you a basic idea. The Prince's background is in the darker side of Sacramento. I believe she has significant power in those worlds. I myself tend to not deal there, so my knowledge is limited on what she actually does or how."

"No, my strengths lie in the social world. Entertainmet and clubs."
    A flash of a smile.

"You of course know your own strengths, but if you wish to share, I would love to learn."

"As a far as Mister Heinrich and Miss Lenora, I am afraid I know little of the worlds they move in."
    Her voice was musing, "Understandable for her given her recent welcome into the covenant but I should remedy that in regards to Mister Heinrich."

"And Mister Jacque is a lawyer so I imagine his social circles outside of Kindred run along a similar vein."

Blinking, she turns her focus back to Jennifer rather than covenant members not present.

"As far as where you could be the most use, I personally believe it would be where you have passion. Checking off a list is something to be done with neonates to be brought into the covenant rather than forcing an existing member of good standing to turn her efforts to something she has little interest in." Tilting her head she consideres Jennifer, "So it should be me asking you, where do your strengths lie?"

A nod, "Yes and I am not surprised. That particular Oath is rather ... powerful."

A single eye brow quirks upwards as she observes the lament, a small chuckle at it's conclusion. Shifting her her seat she is quiet for a moment, "How much of my clan's gift do you need to learn?" Her voice is wry, knowing what it was that Jennifer was asking. How much do you want.

Aside from herself the only other Daeva of note in the city was Edward.

Jacque paid equal in knowledge for his learning. What did Jennifer have to offer in her turn?

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"I shall do so. Attempting my own flair on the art would be enjoyable." She smiles a bit. "I never have gotten into pressing flowers until recently. I mostly send bouquets, and wear blooms myself. A new way to play in my hobby will be fun."
    Her smile moves into a look of interest as the Duchess explains what the areas of interest are. She nods slightly as the Duchess speaks to indicate that she actively listening.
    "I do believe I will delve into the spheres I was focused on in my time here. The Digital realm and the displaced people whom I speak with. I have spent so much of my life learning the craft if being a White Hat. Of ejecting unwanted intrusion into computer networks. I am keeping current as much as I can, and this will be an avenue that speaks to my passion."

Jennifer nods emphatically as the Duchess speaks of the Oath.
    "I have spent so much time devoted to learning its intricacies. Some interviews with the House members on what their Blood is able to achieve helped me get a general idea of what my Blood will need to strum up within. I have been meditating on the abilities that I do have.

"The Oath needs the ability to entrance. I am practicing my ability to Awe... very discreetly. As this would require a devotion of time and the beautiful gift of the Blood of the Rose, I am offering an equal gift of the same vein. I can "

The Nosferatu watches the Duchess' face closely. The Notary did not want to offend in any way. She continued to speak slowly and with great thought. She did want her Curse to interfere with her words, so she spoke in a measured pace to allow her slithering voice to be understood on this important matter.

"I have some moderate ability in obscuring. I am able to call on the Blood to cloak myself from sight. In the Family gift, I am able to call forth rolling Dread. I would be honored to teach you whichever Gift appeals to you."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I do not doubt it. And should your final piece be something you wish to show, I would be more than happy to volunteer." The offer was genuine and carried no strings. Not all of her performances made it to the stage.

Twist chuckles and spreads her hands wide, "A bonus- both an interest and an area the Invictus potentially does in fact need a presence." There was still the chance that Edward or Lenora dabbled in such, but she had no way to be sure. And if one Invictus was good, two would be better in this matter.

Sudden interest flared and Twist tilted her head to look at Jennifer,"House members?" Her echoed words lifting in inquiry and request for elaboration.

'To entrance'

Twist leaned back in her chair as Jennifer laid out what she wanted. It wasn't small. More than even what Jacque had wanted. But like his, her request to came in the pursuit of something more. Something that she could use. And that meant that in agreeing to teach, she already was gaining something, even before the offer of equal trade.

Or at least what was claimed to be an equal trade.

"I have seen some of your family's gift before... she mused, her thoughts touching lightly on a man oh so recently reduced to a catatonic idiot. "I will not lie that I would be intrigued to have such abilities myself." Dark eyes flickered to Jennifer, searching or weighing it was unclear.

A smile that didn't quite touch her eyes, "And the Covenant would be well strengthened with such an Oath at hand."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread