(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The center of the room contained a desk that was a rich dark mahogany. It was large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies were placed here and there, adding her own unique style to the room.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

The wall behind the seating area had a painting hanging, The Young Martyr, a small light hanging above it. Illuminating it softly.

Two new chairs sat in front of the desk, Italian made and a deep shade of brown. There was a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Ale sat behind the desk, and Cain laid at her feet, between her and the door. And while he might look relaxed, he was ever on high alert, ears twitching, eyes watching. Ale wore a light grey oversized gauzy shirt, one inked shoulder exposed, her long hair down.

Hanging on the back of her seat was her holster, two guns nestled in it.

The door stood open.
    Seryna Jennifer Hazelton
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Lady Notary Jennifer Hazelton arrived promptly. The Nosferatu wore a dress in chocolate brown, a dress of good quality. The cut was tailored to her figure and was much shorter than her usual dress, hitting at just above the knee. A shimmery gold colored scarf was discretely tied over the left side of her neck, a jeweled spider bearing Nosferatu colors was pinned there. In her hand she carried a moderate sized gift box. There was an elaborate bow tied that had been chosen for the Apex Predator it seemed, the ribbon and box in the colors of her clan.

"Your Grace." She made a graceful curtsy.

"I trust that you have been well?"
    She inquired politely as she rose. Her eyes took in the room for a moment, carefully observing the Apex Predator in a respectful manner. Her eyes paused at The Young Martyr painting. She looked at it with concentration that grew to exploration. The Lady studied the painting, wondering at the emotion seeing it invoked in the Kine. The Beethoven music was noted with a minute tilt of her head in appreciation. Her time with the Alder Lady Notary had fostered an interest in art and music.

"The piece is fascinating," She commented on the painting. "She appears to be both dead and alive. "
    She wondered if it was a statement on the Kindred condition.

Her hand moved politely proffering the gift, in the gesture that it would be placed upon a surface at but a gesture from the Prince.
    Alessandra
    Attached Images
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn’t a Beast that alerted the Savage, but the voice. The rasp slithering through her mind as she looked up and offers a smile,

“Lady Hazelton,” says the Italian, closing files and motioning her in, “please, come in.” Cain had taken notice of the Haunt, following her movements, not missing a thing.

“Busy, but well, thank you. And yourself?”
    it was always fun to speak with new Kindred in private. The way each acted and spoke told her volumes about them.

“The Young Matryr, one of my favorite artists. And I believe you’re the first to make that observation. Is art an interest of yours?”

Gesturing to the chairs, “Please, have a seat.” The box was looked at, a slow smile appearing on her lips, “That’s very gracious of you, thank you.” Motioning that it could be placed on the desk.

4. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Thank you, Your Grace. I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am well, thank you for asking. " Jennifer replies with a respectful nod as she comes inside. The Nosferatu is wary of the beast, her eyes lingering on Cain for several beats. She forces herself to focus on the conversation. She does not pose a threat, and therefore not in danger. Her eyes move about, landing appreciatively on the shadow boxes of butterflies. She addresses the Prince with her full attention.
    "No formal art training."
    Jennifer answers the question, regret in her tone. "I took an art appreciation class in college. I was much more focused on computer coding, learning how to be a White Hat."
    She takes the opportunity to look at the painting once more. “Her hands captivate me. The ripples… it seems to convince me that she is alive, after all. Do you have an interest in art?”
    She inquires, with interest.
    “Whom is the artist?”

The Gift

“I must apologize for not being as present in your Domain as I ought to.” She states, her tone solemn.
    “I was focusing on the task I have been pursuing for years. It involves training my Blood into the Devotion that I wholly believe will benefit the First Estate. I mentioned it to you at Court.” Jennifer shares.
    “I believe the Oath of Blood Service will cause our Covenant to rise to unseen heights.
    Along with this, I have been studying what Invictus Princes about the world have done in regards to Oaths over their subjects. I did want to broach the subject on if you have considered an Oath of loyalty to you over the Kindred you have domain over.”

@Alessandra
    Last edited by Jennifer Hazelton; May 14th, 2020 at 09:41 PM.  Reason for Edit: tag
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She catches the glance to Cain, but says nothing. He is there for her when Twist cannot. And if Cain noticed the look, he didn’t seem to care.

“I have a great interest in art, and lately, have been able to grow a small collection. Like you, I have no formal training in it, so I’ve been learning as I go.” And that mainly consisted of buying what caught her attention. “The artist of this piece is Paul Delaroche, a French artist. I have another one of his pieces as well. There are many opinions on this particular piece, and I enjoy the conversations it can spark. Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions on it if you like.” She could have intelligent conversations. “I also have some art done by a previous resident of the Domain, a Haunt, and she was a very talented artist. I cherish the pieces she gave me.” Maybe someday Cynthia would return, or another talented artist would join the Domain.

“With both the Judex and Mr Jacque speaking highly of you, I hadn’t out much thought into it. We all have our reasons and things we must tend to.”
    She just moved her business to Sacramento to make it easier. But not all could.

“I actually had thought about it. Though I’ll admit my personal knowledge is limited to the Oath I swore to the Invictus, and the ones I’ve seen in our meetings. So I would very much like to hear more on the subject and how you believe it will help both the Domain and the Invictus.”

7. Likes liked this post
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

“I appreciate your interest.” Jennifer replies. “I am most impressed with your choices. Perhaps we could take in an art exhibit when you have a spare moment.”
    She moves closer to a shadow box of butterflies, inspecting it for a moment.

“This is very interesting. I do adore butterflies. I have some handmade ones carved from some delicate wood in my office.” She admitted.
    “I’m not confident in my abilities to articulate my thoughts on the piece...” She admits as she looks to the painting again. “I am musing it over. Perhaps the right words will form once I decide her fate. Ah, its’s a Schrödinger Cat situation.”
    Her lips curve into a smile at the information that the Judex and Mr. Jack had spoken well of her.
    “I am humbled. I am overdue to meet with her Grace, the Duchess of Sacramento. She is truly an institution for the First Estate, one we benefit from. I do find Mr. Jack quite clever. I would love to tell you of a conversation Mr. Jack and I had some time. I do hope he continues his interest in Oaths. His Blood lends itself to many, and I admit, I hope he might be inclined to teach were it allowed.

“I will state my thoughts on the Oath, and please, tell me if I overstep. I tend to think of Oaths nearly constantly, and their applications.
    "My first concern is that you should be protected from schemes and conspiracies against you. You are physically protected, I believe, quite well. You are an impressive figure, and I have no doubt you are formidable."
    She looks to the pistols with an approving look. She looks back to the Prince. As she speaks, her eyes alight. She has a passion for the subject.
    "With the Archon's abilities at your side, I feel that a physical threat would have to be... quite massive to have a hope. I trust it couldn't come to that, but I don't have much knowledge of security. My concern lies in political infighting and chipping away at your rule in other areas. Areas that could be conducted discreetly so that the problem couldn't be foreseen until its' suddenly an issue.

My first thought would be something like the Blood tell Oath the newcomers to the First Estate swear to rise above Pages. We would remove any First Estate obligations, of course. Language I am thinking is ‘I shall swear to uphold all future laws that Her Grace, Prince Alessandra; she who holds praxis over Sacramento, deems fit in her infinite wisdom to declare. Willingly allowing, or willingly ignoring, a breach of the Laws of Her Excellency…” I think that would cover any unforeseen danger.
    Anyone who breaches your Law or causes displeasure ought to have some threat of Oath of Blood Knives, I would think. I know that may not be a popular opinion.

We are in a strong position as city with strong Invictus presence. There could be some objections, likely quelled in younger Kindred as both you and Her Grace, Alder Archon Twist are Invictus. A small taste of the Oath's strength but not a strong fundamental understanding of its' benefits could be used to lure new Blood to the First estate.
    Oh, I do go on. I apologize.”
    She seemed dismayed at her eagerness to speak on the subject.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She watches, impassively, as Jennifer looked at the butterflies. “The ones you see in here have been pinned by my own hands.” Something she should start working on again. Maybe it would sooth her nerves.

“Ah. Well, when you want to discuss it, let me know. It seems to invoke different opinions in those I’ve spoken with. So there is no right or wrong thought on it.” Art was subjective after all.

“The teaching of his Blood rests with his Priscus.”
    Which Jennifer should know. “He is clever, and I’ve found his company quite pleasant.” Then a chuckle, “At his first Court, he brought an ice sculpture for me. Which was a first.” But, it was creative.

It sort of went without saying that Ale should be protected against that. But it was what others did, plot and scheme against her. “Schemes and conspiracies against me sort of go with the territory of my position. Kindred will always do that.” She used to be formidable, if she still was or not remained to be seen. It had been some time since she had to fight.

Leaning back, her hands come to together, steepled under her chin, which rests on her nails.
    “Your concerns are valid.” She admits.

“Well, as I am sure you are aware, it is up to the Judex what Oaths the Invictus uses. Now, if we are talking about for the Domain as a whole?” a shake of her head, “I won’t force Invictus Blood Oaths on a non-Invictus Domain. While I am sure there are some Prince’s who do that, I’m not. Now it is something that I see being valuable for my officers. If they wish to hold a position within my Court, no reason they cannot agree to an Oath.” But some random vampire walking into the Domain? No. “But as to those who break the Laws?” a shrug, “It is something worth considering, depending on what Law is broken of course.” And her mood.

“Have you been in a Domain where such an order was in play? Where the Prince forced Blood Oaths on those not of the Invictus?”

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"This is embarrassing, I misspoke earlier. My sincere apologies.” She inclined her head to the Prince.
    “Oaths to the populace at large could be conducted with word as Bond. I do believe that we have a few Kindred who are not in the Covenant, who hold a very real sense of honor.”

“I apologize for that misunderstanding. There have been cities where Oaths were sworn and I was thinking of those when I spoke, without clarifying my intent. Yet the ceremony is held by honor of the swearing kindred. The devotions, what I believe to be the skeleton of the First Estate, are respected.
    I do understand that the Judex shall oversee what is right and proper to be sworn in Invictus proper.
    I do respect that Blood is for Blood, and it is proper. I have had some fantastic teachers in the past of different Blood. The Prisci themselves mostly. I will forever be grateful for the trust that they placed in me.”

She stops here, feeling she had both overshared, and made a mistake. She wanted the Prince to understand she was sincere, and waited with hope it was understood.
    Alessandra

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Misspoke?

Ah. “There are some not of the Invictus who have a sense of honor.” Alice was the first who came to mind.

“But my decision on the matter remains. I will not hold those not of the Invictus to Invictus traditions. When new Kindred enter the Domain, they already swear to uphold and follow my Laws. Those that have gone against them have been dealt with swiftly.” Not that she had the jars in her office anymore.

“Tell me, in these other Domains, how has that looked on the Prince? Forcing those who wished to reside in their Domain to an Oath that is part of the Invictus? Because the first thing that pops into my mind is paranoid. Now don’t get me wrong, a little paranoia is a good thing, it keeps you on your toes. But paranoia in a leader is not good. It shows they have no faith in their abilities or in the abilities of those they trust to help protect them. Instead of fostering positive relationships with those under them, they fear them or are jealous of them. And that just isn’t me. There will always be someone trying to take my place, that’s part of the position.” One she had accepted a long time ago.

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes

Blush, imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"Ah.." Jennifer shook her head slightly. " The oath was conducted by word as bond in these cites. I meant to indicate my agreement with you.

To clarify, I liked the language in the blood tell oath, and thought it supported your reign I apologise for being unclear. I should not have referenced the blood tell oath at all. We have other oaths that are not devotions.

As in, only the word was used. Just as you conduct here in your domain, your grace.

Honor is held by the swearing kindred means no devotional is used at all. It is held up by the honor of the swearing kindred alone.

No blood.
    I don't mean to suggest that you use blood. I should have been more clear."

" I do like the fostering of good relationship with others. Your domain has a great many kindred who seem clever and respectful.
    Two have spoken of honesty with me, which is refreshing"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread