Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48
(Bad House) The Return - Page 12
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
111 - 120
DISPLAYED
(Bad House) The Return

Mar 6, 2020 : (BH) Mutant Spider Extermination 101
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

"I have names, burning the place down is not necessary. We can deal with this one, and we can summon the other, quickly, before it gets out of range. They have an 'eldest', their brood mother, in the Great Weave...? Does that ring a bell with you? I'm not familiar." Anima speaks, though his attention is still firmly rooted in Shadow. "Now we should destroy this one quickly. Will you do the honor Aurora, while I have it held?"

There is a clear sense of urgency in his words, and signs of strain on his face.
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

Guru held at the top of the stairs for a second looking around at all the webbing before slowly backing away, it wasn’t until he was safely on the landing before he thumbed the safety back to on and dug around in his bag before grabbing a shell and slipping the bag over his back again, pulling open the shotgun to replace the shell he’d fired before thumbing the safety back off and keeping an eye on the attic.

“Dunno about everyone else but I’d rather take care of this here and now before it gets any worse. If I had to guess the weave is referenced to the other side. Attic or basement most likely, is it possible to cross over at all Anima or would it take too long?” He wanted to look at him while they spoke but he didn’t dare take his eyes off that attic, shotgun leveled.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking at Anima, “Again, Spirit isn’t my thing. I am able to hit it from here, with another Spell to allow me to touch it. But I don’t like the odds of me destroying it. I’ll give it a go, but my reserves are low.” She was just getting her space up and running.

Glancing to Guru, “Then we need eyes in the basement. I hate splitting, but seems we might not have a much of a choice. And I’d rather someone gifted with Spirit check.” It was the wisest decision.

And she cast, using an Arcana she hadn’t used in years.

1 success

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

This scene has been running for some two months. Shall we wrap it up? The plot may be continued in another scene

8. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx cames down the stairs last. She notices Aurora's annoyed look, which was confusing. Didn't she realise the Arrow had to be first? It was their responsibility.... Still, there wasn't time for this now. "Whatever it is, if it's on the other side we need a way of reaching if to hurt it," Phoenyx says simply, cutting through the discussion. "So - Spirit imbued weapons or spells - or being right next to it. The first way, any of us without Spirit still need to be able to see it to do anything." She looks between Guru and Anima. "I don't know how tbhis works. Pick a way, and point us in the right direction."

Sometimes being a leader means knowing when others know better than you.
    The old voice came into her mind, and drew a small smile.

However you want to run the show, Yumyumcrow
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze listens as those people who have knowledge and skill in the spirit arcana give varying but overlapping advice and Phoenyx seems to agree that this needs to end here and now. He hopes that this can be finished without burning the house down, but he really hopes it won’t take another retreat and then return!

He glances around to make sure everyone is there and seems ok, Naga and Guru in particular, since he doesn’t know them as well.

He nods at Phoenyx’s decision, showing that he’s ready and willing to back her play, as always!

Good to close and loving the plot! Thank you, Yumyumcrow!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sadly," the Warlock said, carefully keeping watch through her 360 degree vision, "I am not skilled in the arts of the Primal Wyld. There's little I can contribute when it comes to finding a spirit on the other side. I'll simply have to follow the lead of those of you better versed in such magics."

Not an easy thing for a proud Mastigos to admit, but it was the truth. Her options were severely limited here.

If you rthink it best to start a fresh thread for this, I'm cool with it.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Glancing to Phoenyx, “I can reach it and hurt it, I could probably make it so others can as well.” Would be a more difficult spell, but it could be done. “I can’t do anything with weapons, but like before, I might be able to make it so others can harm the Spirit. But I would need help casting those, so other Shamans would have to cast as well. Taking on that many on my own isn’t going to go well.” Common sense right there. “Pulling it across and binding it to something would be a lot easier, but I lack the magic for that.” That was just how it was.

“It might be something better left for another day. When we can plan out who can do what, and what we need. Defeating it is doable, but winging it will make it more difficult than it has to be.”
    Her two cents.

I'm also ok with moving this to another scene

15. Likes Mark, Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

TAnima looks incredulous, "Reach it? Just awaken your gun and push it across. I have it now... to release the abyssal beast would be a folly. Any disciple could manage it.." He looks to say more and stop himself. "But I acquiesce to your wisdom. If you prefer we release it, and try to bind it another day then so be it. Everyone guard yourself however you can, you don't want an itsy-bitsy to follow you home."

Let's new scene it up!
    Con Spells Cloaked
    Supreme Aug:Pre+3 Man+2 dur 12hrs;Skill Mastery Socialize+2 Persuasion+4 dur 12 hrs

ConsiliumPre5 (Authority)

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (Sculpted)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Presence
    (Cheery)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Guru

Nimbus:
    Appears like there's a filter that blurs his image, the background suddenly more lush and vibrant than it once was. Tendrils of vines slowly edging their way to the borders of that veil.

Monthly Spells:
    Pulse of the Living World: Pot-3
    Organic Resilience Pot -3
    Evidence Shroud Pot: 3
    Scene Trackers

Curtain Call:

PotLW/Sense Life (2/2)
    Org Res (5)
    Evidence Shroud (4) L+M
    Spell Limit: 3/6
    Spell Tolerance 3/3

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yea I ain't no disciple there, I excel in other Matters." Now might not be the time to pun but humour has a way of calming an otherwise chaotic mind. His shotgun was still aimed at the attic and he made no attempts to move until everyone else did.

"Rather take care of it here and now but I'm not team lead either." AS Phoenyx looked to them to wisdom he'd trust her judgement in this situation.

Aye, Aye Cap'n! New Scene it is.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 12 of 12 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
Closed Thread