Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Post Templates

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Got a new thingabob - post templates. They're available on new threads and replies in the far right drop-down of the editor. Basically you can pre-load a post/partial post that you may want to use over and over.

Which brings me to...

I'd like to invite anyone to draft up the definitive opening post to be used for Court/Consilium/Freehold. It should describe the location, remind people of the rules, and have a space that describes the difference between formal and informal (Eternal, Sanctuary, etc.). It'll be the post that's used to open every one of them and should set the tone as well as be informative and helpful (especially to newbies). I figure we'll need a main body for the bulk of it, then tweak the final bit for Formal/Informal.

Need one for each venue. Sharpen you pencils, post submissions here!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No one? Just going to keep writing them every time?
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

0 Scenes

Not entirely written to me, snatched up stuff from Yumyumcrow and West , so credit where credit's due.

But here's Vamp and Ling. I hear Xander wants to do Mage

The Nox Populi is an upscale experience that will take Sacramento nightlife to a whole new level.

In the heart of downtown Sacramento there is a place of intrigue, excitement and entertainment. The modern flare of this venue is host to exclusive parties. The seduction of this establishment may take you away as you drink, dance and socialize. There are private services available upon request. The best DJ’s in town are in line to play a wide variety of music. Some of you may dine…as long as you have your VIP pass.

However the Kindred arrive they are discreetly met and led to the back of the club. The space downstairs is decorated in dark, rich woods and expensive furniture. There's a coat room that will also hold one's 'unmentionables'; namely, weapons, at the foot of the stairs. There are also private areas, dark, and furnished with soft couches, as well as meeting rooms with conference tables and chairs, and an area with several televisions. The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars; the lighting is intentionally low, but without the pulse of the music from above, the place has the feel of a sepulchre.

The common area circles the Court proper, and it becomes apparent that this is not decorated for a single evening. Small symbols note areas for Kindred only that branch off of the Commons, which will be necessary once those Kine privileged enough to see behind the Masquerade filter in: ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

Another evening; another Danse. For some it will their first, for some it shall be their last. After all, this is the Prince's Elysium, and subject to the Laws of the Domain.

The furniture setting is familiar now: a set of elegant chairs, all dark wood and red leather, arranged in a circle. The baroque lighting leaves the corners of the Elysium commons in deep shadow.

Eternal Court is open once more... // Formal Court has now begun...

Please remember that Predator's Taint is in effect and role-play is expected, or rolls will be asked for!

This is a great place to get Acknowledged

For Formal Court add
    You now have 1 Week to enter Court before the Doors Close.

Funderland Amusement Park has been dishing up kid-sized thrills since 1946! It is the only place to take the kids in Sacramento that has nine exciting amusement rides, a concession stand, birthday parties, and more. We are conveniently located in William Land Park next to the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale Town.

Funderland is a public location, but also the heart of Sacramento's Changeling Freehold.

Some Freeholds hide in plain sight, while others hide so well that new arrivals need an invitation and direction to even catch a hint of just where the Lost's stronghold resides. The Freehold of Sacramento is of the former, and has always been, but with the death of the dragon Fairweather, the Lost of Sacramento have taken control of, and are operating an amusement park. A self contained space, a fortress for the Lost, but one where mortals come spend their money, and offer up something more precious; Glamour. The park is divided along the lines of the Seasonal Courts, each having their own ride or featured building, so the Glamour is spiced in the layers of the four cardinal emotions.

Much like the world - the Hedge - beside the mundane one, there is a private world beneath the park -- prohibition era tunnels, passages and even rooms.

For now, the the Park is closed and admittance is only for the Lost. For those moments before Equinox and Solstice, The Eternal Seasons reign....

This is a great place to gain your Acknowledgement!

5. Likes Xander, Origins liked this post

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Looks good. For the Vampire one can we add an info blurb about Formal being an actual event and Eternal being a compression/representation and that neither should be assumed to be 'empty' i.e. faceless masses?

I know you have a link, but. Players.

7. Likes Origins, liked this post

0 Scenes

Sure, I'll probably have something written up for the morning

9. Likes Origins liked this post

0 Scenes

Here's the addition!

Eternal Court is not a singular event. Always open and in constant motion, a compression of the comings and goings of Kindred within Elysium throughout the nights. As such, Eternal Court is also never truly empty; this can include 'faceless masses' of Kindred beneath notice, ghouls, herd members, devotees, or even officials in their offices.

Formal Court, is, however an event. Announced to the Domain, you are expected to attend or you will find your Acknowledgement revoked. After 1 Week, the doors to Court close and you will need to be let in by the Keeper. Unless you are a Court Officer or anyone else who has received advance approval from the Prince or the Keeper. Once you have left Court, you are not permitted to return.

Like Eternal Court, Formal Court isn't empty either, including of course the 'faceless masses'. Kindred beneath notice, ghouls, herd members, or even devotees.

0 Scenes

Also! I did an whops!

The Curtains in the vamp template should be Brown and not Purple.

Puck Scenes

I stole some of the formatting from Sloth's earlier post but did my best to be original otherwise. Tried to keep it short so people could dive in but feel free to critique!

The Circle of Creation is the gathering hub for all Pentacle mages in the Sacramento Concilium, with chapter houses for all five Orders inside.

Located east of Sacramento and far outside the prying eyes of the inner city, the Circle of Creation awaits the mages of Sacramento. Despite being a replica of the Westminster Abbey, the sleepers who come by never seem to notice it. The wards built into the structure have made sure of this. To all but the Pentacle the Circle is essentially invisible, ensuring the safety of those who enter and engage with one another. Whether it had always been here for the Awakened was hard to say now, but it was the site that the Awakened gather to mingle and discuss official matters.

Official Concilium blurb

Sanctuary blurb

This is the opening post for Concilium/Sanctuary. Please read this post for the rules that differentiate the two. Come here to be recognized!

As a reminder, Concilium is the official meeting but business should not be handled until after the first seven days. This is to give everyone a chance to enter the thread without missing anything. After seven days the thread is closed to new arrivals and the official business may commence. Official Conciliums are held quarterly on January, April, July, and November.

Also a reminder, Sanctuary threads are not official concilium threads. Those under an incarceration sentence may not attend a Sanctuary thread. Sanctuary threads are any concilium gathering that is not an Official Concilium.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

0 Scenes

Just gonna put this here for ease I guess instead of opening something in FAQ in case it's bad, hopefully it's not, but my brain did not want to cooperate with me on this. I have a feeling something's missing but for the life of me, my poor sloth brain cannot figure it out.

Privacy in Court/Consilium/Eternal Seasons is not guaranteed. You are all in the scene together, and while side threads can and will happen, this does not mean that whatever happens in them isn't readily available information to everyone else. A side thread is not you moving to a whole new location, but an aside, allowing for the scene to progress and conversations to continue without having to wait for everyone within the scene to reply before you are allowed to reply to whomever you are speaking too.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Wait, I forgot, this is already in the Elysium info thread. It just needs added to the Mage & Changeling ones...

16. Likes liked this post
+ Reply to Thread