(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Deep secrets, dangers beyond? Sounds like the Autumn Court's Purview. There might be secrets if there are I think I know where they lie but I don't know if it's a path worth walking, I don't know that the juice is worth the squeeze.

"Truth is the truth though. People lie to each other, lie to themselves, I'm there to strip that bare. Whether I tell anyone, that's my secret. So you wish to be an information broker? Well if you ever have questions for someone if I'm there I can tell you if I see any falsehoods though some are harder to read than others.

"Every secret is a weapon, it's why I don't have any. Less ammunition to leave around. My main piece of advice; if you want something kept secret don't tell Sonnie. I don't know what role our little Court should play but mine is to see the truth and maybe keep our fellows from falling too deeply into madness."

He shrugged, taking another bit of his food finishing off the plate as he began patting his pockets before pulling out a pack of cigarettes to set it on the table. After dinner smoke was a ritual, something sacred but he wasn't about to be rude when he had a guest over either.

Goes by the name: John

" Sonnie is one that cannot keep confidence... what else have you gleamed in your time, what other observations can I benefit from?"

Madness... there's an idea. Chaos. Chaos is full of opportunity, chances to escape, to disappear, to hide forever from the gentry.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"Didn't you just say that information was the most valuable resource there was? We don't even really know each other yet, all I know is your goal is to be an information broker and you seek for the winter court to be an information hub. All while sitting there behind a layer of secrecy. I've extended the branch of trust by inviting you into my home, you're going to have to let your walls down a little if we're going to be working together."

It might have been a test, he didn't know. He understood their view on information, understood why it was valuable and why they should exchange it freely. But they'd been nothing but guarded the whole time speaking half truths out the side of their mouth and never really giving anything away. Those tricks might work outside the court but John was Winter too and he wasn't about to let that slide in private.

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

The definition of non-binary beauty. Angel has long blond hair and a lithe body. Perfect sculpted face and creamy smooth skin. Not a blemish or untended pore. 6 feet tall with perfect legs, and hands that have never seen hard labor. Their mouth is delicate, when resting, poised somewhere between a smile and a frown on the verge of pursing.
    Mein

Much like Venus, Angel is a vision of perfect beauty but sculpted out of ice instead of stone. A single frozen tear on their right cheek. A chilling statue, seeming un-alive when not moving.
    Mantle

The stark, cold air that surrounds their form is easy to miss, until they breath. The thick clouds of crystallized condensation forming with each breathe belie her nature.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Eyebrows raise at the edge in the slender man's voice, "I help nothing back when I spoke my truth at court. Has word not gotten around to you? I thought news traveled fast in the freehold."

Angel's expression is mildly amused, but softens before continuing.

"Fear me not. I am as I seem. I piece of art seeking evolution. What is the next level of the human experience? How can we discover that when we are no longer simply human?"
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Holding nothing back but not giving anything either. Perhaps it’s your nature, it is so many of ours to keep others at a distance that it’s hard to turn off. It might but I wasn’t listening in either, I chose to respect your privacy.”

He shrugged as he finished off his plate of food and taking a sip of his wine leaning back in his chair to look at her. “You are more than what they made you. I, for one, refuse to give up my humanity. I’m not willing to let them win, not so easily at least. How about we trade question for a question? You ask me a question and I’ll answer, then I’ll do the same. I’ll answer honestly and if you require follow up will clarify but they apply to both of us. “

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

The definition of non-binary beauty. Angel has long blond hair and a lithe body. Perfect sculpted face and creamy smooth skin. Not a blemish or untended pore. 6 feet tall with perfect legs, and hands that have never seen hard labor. Their mouth is delicate, when resting, poised somewhere between a smile and a frown on the verge of pursing.
    Mein

Much like Venus, Angel is a vision of perfect beauty but sculpted out of ice instead of stone. A single frozen tear on their right cheek. A chilling statue, seeming un-alive when not moving.
    Mantle

The stark, cold air that surrounds their form is easy to miss, until they breath. The thick clouds of crystallized condensation forming with each breathe belie her nature.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel nods, pleased by the proposal.

"Who were you before?" The question is decidedly open to interpretation. The sculpture leans back in their chair and waits, what could the man reveal? Who knows, that's the exciting part.
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“A kid by many standards. Apparently, college in the 90s was where it was happening. I’ll never know though, never have that opportunity.”

He shrugged, there wasn’t any real sorrow in his voice. His normal tone persisted, that disaffected apathy that seemed to plague the very core of his being. Product of his generation it seems.

“What do you want most in life?”

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

Mein

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel's pause before answering seems to stretch out, as if she is unsure of her own instinct. Finally she answers, "Love. The freedom to love and be loved by whom I choose." A moment of quiet reflection as they study their nails.

"Who do you believe yourself to be now?"
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

He nodded at her words, his face a blank slate though he’d been surprised. He hadn’t expected that answer but it was so very human. He offered her a small smile, he could give her a warning on the dangers of love but he didn’t want to crush those dreams.

“Not what I was expecting, it’s a very spring answer. What am I now? Lost. Picking up pieces of a broken life, a broken mind, a broken body. Somewhere between human and monster, trying desperately to just be normal again…and normal is Lost.”

The sooner you let go of normal and stop deluding yourself the sooner you can get on with your life.
    Can’t I dream too?
    No you need to be realistic here, you’re a sad little monster man and this is your life now.

“So why Winter?”

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

Mein

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

The Angel's expression is soft as John speaks of a desire for normalcy. That's a desire the treasured understands. John asks his question and the expression hardens.

"Because love is a fantasy. Something we tell children so they grow up believing in love and magic. The realization of that is a haunting one that destroys lives and leaves most of us grieving for decades. We are all doomed to die with alone with a broken heart. I ask you the same."
    Spider Bazaar

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread