(John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

John didn’t forget the arrangement he had made with Angel. It was essentially a meeting of the Court, the fact that there was only two of them was pure coincidence. He’d given her his address, the location of his domicile, the place he rest his head and felt the most safe. It was a big gesture of trust to invite her at all.

It was a squat but wide little ranch house, fake stacked stone as the siding, gray garage door on the attached garage to match the shade of the stones. She’d be allowed to park in the garage if she so chose, he’d open the door for her otherwise she’d be let into the domicile. Attached garage leading to a small entrance way to leave shoes, hang coats, and otherwise leave the outside world behind.

Inside the next room was the kitchen. Black counters, white cupboards, all matching the chess board tiles on the floor. The counters were almost entirely barren except for the toaster and coffee pot resting in one corner but it was almost pristinely clean. Over the counter that served as a half-walled barrier to the next room was the visible dining room.

A soft tone drifted from the connecting room, music dancing along the air into the well-lit dining room. The table was clearly second hand judging by the dings on the sides and scratches along the top, the chandelier style light hanging above the center of the table illuminating the table setting. He’d made sure to keep her food sealed and contained in its take-out container. Didn’t want her to question if it’d been tampered with at all. But in front of each seat at the head and foot of the table was a plate, cutlery, and a wine glass with a bottle of wine in the center.

He’d have invited her in, let her in and then lead her through those passages, tanking and hanging up a coat if she’d had and liked, he’d wait leaning against that half-walled counter for her to look around, get her bearings and make herself comfortable. He was in no rush after all.

“Thai. Shrimp. Extra Spicy if my memory serves me correctly. Welcome, make yourself comfortable my home is your home right now.”

He hadn’t dressed up at all, he was wearing black slacks held up by a matching belt and a cure T-shirt, no shoes on in his own home but socks at least since there was company about. The smell of smoke and nicotine were hard to miss even if the fresh scent of air freshener clung to the air.

@Angel Mark
    Last edited by James Turner; May 3rd, 2020 at 02:16 PM.  Reason for Edit: Added Tags

Goes by the name: John

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

The definition of non-binary beauty. Angel has long blond hair and a lithe body. Perfect sculpted face and creamy smooth skin. Not a blemish or untended pore. 6 feet tall with perfect legs, and hands that have never seen hard labor. Their mouth is delicate, when resting, poised somewhere between a smile and a frown on the verge of pursing.
    Mein

Much like Venus, Angel is a vision of perfect beauty but sculpted out of ice instead of stone. A single frozen tear on their right cheek. A chilling statue, seeming un-alive when not moving.
    Mantle

The stark, cold air that surrounds their form is easy to miss, until they breath. The thick clouds of crystallized condensation forming with each breathe belie her nature.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel sits politely taking to the food with care while watching John.

Ice blue eyes studied the plain man for many quiet moment.

"Have you been to a funeral lately, the hospital? I prefer auditions. There is nothing sweeter than the despair you'll find there, especially when the hopes and dreams of a lifetime get crushed right in front of me."
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

He had poured each of them a glass of wine, a sweet moscato to go with the dish they were eating. He ate slowly, deliberately as he watched her. Watching her movements, mannerisms, learning them and subtly altering his own so she was more at ease.

“I work with both Narcotics and Alcoholics Anonymous but my goal is always to help those that are suffering from addiction. I’m not there to increase sorrow but decrease it. There’s enough sadness in this world that I don’t have to do anything to increase anyone’s suffering.

“I was brought here by Omen, like birds flying south for the Winter. What brings you here? Tell me about yourself, we’re all there is for the moment so I imagine we’ll be working together frequently.”

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

The definition of non-binary beauty. Angel has long blond hair and a lithe body. Perfect sculpted face and creamy smooth skin. Not a blemish or untended pore. 6 feet tall with perfect legs, and hands that have never seen hard labor. Their mouth is delicate, when resting, poised somewhere between a smile and a frown on the verge of pursing.
    Mein

Much like Venus, Angel is a vision of perfect beauty but sculpted out of ice instead of stone. A single frozen tear on their right cheek. A chilling statue, seeming un-alive when not moving.
    Mantle

The stark, cold air that surrounds their form is easy to miss, until they breath. The thick clouds of crystallized condensation forming with each breathe belie her nature.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel's attention is piqued by his statement. The sculpture looks at him with doe eyes.

"I'd love to accompany you to one of these meetings. Perhaps we could do some sort of fundraiser for the cause."
    His questions decidedly ignored, he'll have to do better to get at her secrets.
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"That would be good, someone with your amount of notoriety could do a lot of good but aren't you worried about the implications it might have?"

He took a bite and chewed, vacant eyes boring holes into her as she remained cold and distant. The silence stretching for long moments between them.

"Unless you prefer to work alone, but it's always good to have someone there watching your back. Figured we'd get to know each other, at my place, away from the prying ears and eyes of the freehold."

A shrug of his shoulders, attention now paid to his food. He could work with that or not, it was the comfort of having no attachments to hold him. His tone a sad song played for an audience of one.

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

Mein

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel smiles, a good question to ask. "It's all about framing. Like so many things. How do you frame the current position of the Winter Court? I've been told we've served the Freehold well in the past. How can we serve again?"

The curry had been moving at a steady rhythm from the container into the treasured's mouth. It slows as real conversation begins.
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

“Seems like the Fairest run things in Sacramento, seems as that’s the way it has always been. Looks like the Winter Courtiers previously were more…agreeable. But perhaps that’s just me, I’m not exactly the most personable.

“What it is now? What it becomes? That’s up for us to decide.” His fork bouncing back between the two of them before dipping back into his food. “Part of the reason we need to talk, we need to discuss what we want out of the Court and our role in the freehold. “

He took the bite, swallowed. “We can do that and get to know each other better so we can work well together at least.”

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

Mein

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Angel nods, setting down their utensils and pushing the Thai away. "I believe we serve with secrets. We chose what to keep and what the freehold needs to know. Information is the most expensive of commodities. Keeping the freehold safe, keeps us safe, so that endeavor remains at the top of our list. We do not benefit from the sorrow of our ilk."
    Spider Bazaar

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien

PRE

Whisperwisp

"I serve the truth. We keep ourselves secret from those outside, internally it's a lot trickier. If you want to keep secrets in this court you're going to have a difficult time, everyone talks to everyone else. It's hard enough to get them to police their language in public.

"It's all fun and games...until it's not." He shrugged, he'd fought that battle and lost. Not his sword to fall on. Every home was temporary if you prepared well enough and he was always willing to disappear at the first smell of trouble.

Striking Looks
    (Androgynous Beauty)
    Presence
    (Stunning)
    Fame
    (Model)
    New Identity
    (Angel Kelly)
    Angel
    Mask

Mein

Mantle

FAME
    +2
    SL
    PRE

Treasured

Eyes roll, "Every truth is a secret to someone. I am quite certain there are secrets to discover through the freehold, and in the dangers beyond. If we are to be the information brokers of the freehold, we best starting getting that information."
    Spider Bazaar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread