Watch

Kaze's incarceration

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods along with Skye as she talks about the importance of goals. "So, Skye. What is your top goal right now?" He asks. "I mean, it's not a job interview question, but if it's to throw yourself into the job of being an Arrow in the new city with a new boss, I get it. That's cool." He says.

"Huh." Kaze stops and listens thoughtfully while Skye promises not to attack him as long as he doesn't break her rules, which seem pretty reasonable ones anyway. I never really thought she was going to attack me anyway. But still, can't hurt. "Thanks. I can promise you the same thing. Basically, if you're not attacking me or my friends, and I am not deputized or something to come after you for breaking the rules, I won't attack you either, Skye." Kaze says, smiling, "Except, you know, for practice, and only if you agree ahead of time."

"I guess I could do that, heal some animals. I mean, I don't really bump into sick or hurt animals anyway, but sure." Kaze says. "But you talked about how much you love kids. Do you plan to have any of your own?" He asks.

Kaze nods. "What you believe is between you and God. It's not my job to try to convince you otherwise. The Bible says I should be ready to answer questions, not try to force anything on anyone."

"Thanks, Skye!" Kaze says, grinning. "You seem pretty nice and fun too!"

He listens quietly as Skye describes her observations and experience with emotionally 'armored' people. Does that mean 'hardened'? Like, 'callous', I wonder?

Kaze nods as Skye acknowledges Kaze's guilt in the failed relationship with Phoenyx. Right. I knew that. It's good that she does too. I don't want to do that again, and Skye seems like someone who would call me on it, if I slip back into the habit.

"Catch it?" Kaze says, "Why would I do that? I mean, my reflexes are to assume something like that is not safe to handle, with the special markings and everything. After it hit the ground and nothing happened was fine though. Normally I'd just step out of the way, but I want to practice the Turn Projectile spell, since it's designed to be quick to cast."

"Yes. You got it right." Kaze smiles, as Skye preens a little about correctly identifying a form of televised entertainment. That's totally fair, though. It's probably a lot better than he would do if she took him on a nature walk and started quizzing him on the local plant life!

Kaze laughs and says, "One word: 'Smore's'. I never have been camping, but I had them at bonfires on the beach. Pretty awesome."

Kaze nods and smile, not pursuing the Daphne and Fred angle. Better to just let that one drop. Better to avoid any possibility of misunderstanding, by her or anyone else!
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing as he mentions job interview.
    "Well I have never had a job nor been on an interview so I wouldn't know that feeling. I aim to try and find my way around the city, to get to know the people, to see how I can be of aid and try to find friends. As for magic so do I wanna further my skills of the Life arcana and get better with spirits since I have my connection to it. Then learn the spear and the staff as said, it would also be nice to get skilled enough in forces that I would be able to keep my weapons invisible at all time so that people cannot read them nor get me in trouble if I walk around with them. An invisible weapon is hard to deal with for even an experienced fighter."

Smiling and lightly humming a bit before replying.
    "Well you said that you did plan for things so it would be nice if I could find a way to help your mind be able to relax and just feel secure you know. We all need time to just be able to take a deep breath and feel secure and if i can help you with that so will that not be to bad." She was used to her calm demeanor and presence overall often helping people to calm down, hopefully it would be of aid here as well.
    "Practice is practice besides you don't randomly start sparring all attendants tends to know that it is starting nor is the damage there severe and with our enhanced bodies so will it probably be minimal and if not so will it at least not be fatal and we can both heal damage with relative ease." Well she was quite used to letting her body mastery handle most of her wounds though since most came from her taking in the side effects of paradox.

Looking at him with doubting eyes.
    "Then you should look, the city is crawling with them. There are plenty of sick animals around, those with minor injuries, strays with wounds they defend and so on. I did not mean that it would be from life threatening things just a simple infested tick bite removed will make that animal happy right? And I promise you that there are hundreds if not thousands of animals silently suffering in a city this vast." She was not good with city sizes and animal correspondence but in the cities she had passed through so had it never taken much effort to find a animal that could benefit from some help.
    "Well hmm I guess if I find someone to settle down with so would I not be against having kids I do am prolonging my youth though so I have more time to wait than most, I have no experience with relationships though and have always been on the outside of them looking in or well getting to hear about them and offering my words in return. I would not mind a nanny job though if some mage has a kid so they can understand why you might carry weapons and not question it when you say that you have duties to perform. How about you do you wanna have kids or do you have one? Mind if I ask how old you are?"

Shrugging her shoulders.
    "Sounds good to me, I have no questions though if you're happy with your religion and is not one of those phonies who preaches kindness and then acts the opposite so is that good enough for me." Believe what you wan't, be of any religion you like she would not bat an eye but she would judge you on your actions without taking your religion into concern in a heartbeat. Not that she was harsh, be a good person and she would judge you as such, oddities, hobbies and rituals that didn't harm or hurt anyone could take any form they wished for all she cared there was nothing wrong with that.

Smiling and singing in response.
    "Mister SuperChase, sirWhat will your pleasure be?
    Let me take your order
    Jot it down
    You ain't never had a friend like me"
    Lightly laughing as she finishes.

Shaking her head.
    "No if your'e callous so have your armor grown thorns to say the least. That is when you act out on others to defend yourself, just not trying to defend but starting to attack that is not something I like nor would defend."

Smiling an evil smile.
    "Ohh yes they are cursed, any man who touches them will be impotent for life." a light giggle "No I just had some fun making some engravings that I came up with on the spot for them all, it doesn't mean anything nor are they more than bone I forged into knives that is all. It's a cheap and strong material, not the sharpest but I can make up for that with skill."

Her eyes growing large as she looks at him.
    "Never been camping? Really never? It's summer time soon so wanna go? I am quite the woodland expert or well no I mean I have never been camping at all nope never not once no never." Blushing a bit at her silly acting, she had tried to make a joke but it had landed wrong. Lets see was she 4 or so when she got her own tent that was her primary living area during the warmer periods of the year.
    "Smores are nice though but I do prefer berries over them."

Her mind never even went to the Fred and Daphne thinking, Fred was Shaggy's boyfriend in her mind.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles, "Oh, come on. If you ever had a chore or responsibility that you wanted, and had to talk to someone to convince someone you could handle it, get them to give you a chance, that's a job interview." He says. "And anything you are responsible for doing, is a job, really. Don't you think so, Skye? So did you ever do anything like that? I mean, it could be just if it was your job to make sure the fire didn't go out or something." Kaze tries to draw on his limited outdoor experience--basically beach parties--to relate to Skye.

"Huh." Kaze says, thinking about what Skye said about the difficulty of fighting someone wielding an invisible weapon. "I guess it could be harder..." He thinks about it, and figures an experienced hand to hand combatant would be watching your hands and eyes more than your weapon anyway. Mostly it would be the unfamiliarity and disbelief in someone who hadn't had to do it before. So basically a gimmick, but he could see it working, maybe most of the time, against people who weren't ready for it. No need to say anything about his theory on it; Skye will certainly test it out and find out for herself, and he could be wrong.

Is Skye being suggestive with her talk about helping him relax? Probably not, she's pretty open and direct about sex. "Oh I have places where I can relax by myself. I don't talk about them, or else I wouldn't be able to be alone and relaxed there anymore." Kaze assures her. He does miss surfing though; Sacramento is too far from the beach for a routine including daily surfing, though he could make the drive on weekends. He's done it a few times. He should probably start doing it more often. It's a way to be alone even with people. "Hey Skye, do you surf? Or like the beach?"

Kaze listens as Skye talks about practice. It would have been all outdoors in natural settings for her, he imagines, not in mock ups of the target like he experieced. Probably not against firearms either. Phoenyx was never big on them training together against live fire, like his previous experiences either. That could come back to bite the two Arrows if they had to go into a house against hunters with guns and rigged exposive traps, like the Arrows did with Alastor. It also sounds like she didn't practice with unannounced ambushes like he did. He's still kind of jumpy from that, but it did teach him to be hard to surprise.

"Okay. I will pay more attention. Like, pigeons and stuff?" Kaze wonders about the idea of sick animals all around him all the time, needing help. That could be a full time job! He already tries to help out with the people in the neighborhood! Well, she only asked him to do it a few times. Aurora had been somewhat iffy about healing animals, but okay with plants and pretty much against healing sleepers. Healing a bird would probably not offend even her, if he was careful that no one noticed.

Kaze smiles, "Oh yeah, I want to have a family, someday." He says. "I'll be thirty this year. I guess I don't have as much time as you, but it's okay; I am going to wait for the right person who wants to have a family together, and if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen." He shrugs.

"Right." Kaze agrees with Skye about preaching religion. "If someone wants to know what I believe, because of the way they see me living, then that's cool." He says. "I think living what you believe is the only real way to tell people what you really believe anyway. Like, people tend to think being a Christian is all about following rules and not making mistakes, even a lot of people who say that they are Christians, and it's really--I think--about forgiving mistakes and second chances, and third and fourth and fifth!" He smiles, "Sorry, you didn't ask, and I am talking about it anyway! Would you forgive me, Skye?"

Kaze laughs, "Wow, you can sing, Skye! What is that song? Did you just make that up, or is it from something?" He asks.

He listens when Skye talks more about 'emotional armor', not commenting, just listening. She's thought a lot about this.

"Whoa. You made them yourself?" Kaze says, looking more closely at the bone knives. "Nice!"

"Well, yeah, I really do want to learn more about wildlife, well animals, in the city or the woods. Birds especially." Kaze says. He ponders his rule from before about only group things. Skye seems pretty respectful of what he wants and doesn't want. She feels more like a kid sister than an attractive, potential mate. It should be okay. "I'd like to learn the outdoors with you, when we have time. We should invite others too." He suggests. After all, she did say that she wanted to make more friends.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hmm she had to think about that for a while.
    "Hmm no never any interviews then, I did have my job back home in the group but that one was pretty much thrown at me. Fairly unsurprising so was I set to take care of the young, the really young ones tended to not cry when I held them and the little older ones well let's just say that I had the speed, energy and will to keep them both safe and laughing." Her willingness to play with them and run around with energy equaling or besting them all had made most children love her.
    "So I guess you can say I was a babysitter."

Smiling as she sees him think about her talk of invisible weapons.
    "It naturally depends on the weapon but take a sword for example to not see the length of it hence not knowing the reach can be devastating for an opponent and will create caution, the same goes for other weapons as well or if you pretend to wield one for of weapon and then switch stances to wield it in another way. The next thing that comes with it is the potential of ranged attacks that you did not even think were coming, then we have the ability to fake using one thing when you really use another or nothing at all, in the end it will create mental issues for the opponent. Everything depends on several factors of course and it is a style just like anything else, I do hope for the grandest usage of a surprise attack though if they do not know what you're doing so will the first attack just seem like a ploy and if they do not take that seriously so can you hurt them enough to have the advantage." She had thought about that more than once before and had various ideas on how to utilize such techniques.

Shaking her head.
    "That will not work though, we may both be awakened and not like other humans but in the end we are still quite human and humans need humans for their mental well being. You need friends, people around you that you can relax with in order to be mentally well. So if you do not have people like that so should we both really try to find such people in order for us to not get a damaged psyche or get social issues. Being able to be alone and relax is important as well and I have the woods for that, that is my kingdom there I rule but we need other humans as well." It may be true for all but it was probably especially true for her, she was used to having large groups around at all times.
    "Hmm can't say that I have ever been surfing but I am quite a good swimmer and I bet that I could learn surfing relatively easily, I am a skilled gymnast in my own opinion at least so I rarely have any issues learning athletic skills since my body already have a solid base." Perhaps a little bragging but her gymnastic skills were nothing to look down upon, had things been different so would it not have been surprising to see her in the Olympics.

Smiling at him.
    "Birds, cats, stray dogs anything you come across, nothing that will show of naturally just a passing shadow as the animal will live a bit of an easier life. As said I won't even ask you if you did it nor check if you did but just believe that you did it. If not so will you perhaps do it afterwards just show some love for the little ones that no one else thinks about. However if you don't feel you can find any nor take the risk then just go for the simpler route of taking a wounded one to a vet or just feed some stray cats or deer in the winter the effect is the same in the end, you will have helped the animals around you which is what I am after in the end."

Playing with her hair and looking like an innocent girl.
    "So you want a white picket fence, two dogs and a minivan then?" Smiling as she stops her charade "Sorry about that, I just didn't know how to say that without playing with it, the thought of raising children in any other way than I was raised never struck me when I grew up. We had a good life and I was not against having children and let them grow up like I did. I mean true I am a bit after on technology and is behind the times but I can't truly say that is a bad thing for a child. Plenty of air, plenty of love, people that accept you for you and you will never go to bed afraid that you will be alone. It may not be the norm but I was happy in that life so why wouldn't children of mine have been? Or perhaps that is just a lie who knows anyways that was then and now is now." Yeah how would she even fit into a family today, stay at home wife? Find an actual career? Be the mother that walked out at times and then came home with blood on her boots in need of a shower before her kids could even see her? To many unknowns to even begin to get into it, besides she had never even had a partner before so thinking about that stuff was kinda hard.

Raising her eyes and looking a bit surprised.
    "What? Forgive you? For what? You spoke how you see things not about your religion nor anything offensive I see nothing to forgive, do something stupid or bad then I can forgive you but not for just speaking your thoughts." Did she really seem so shallow or mean as to take offense by that? Did he test her? Was there something else? This was just confusing.

Luckily his next words broke her thoughts on the matter as she laughs and smiles the perhaps truest smile she has smiled since arriving to this city. Needing a second to calm down before she replies still with genuine laughter in her voice.
    "You seriously don't know that song? Come on it's super famous, everyone has probably heard it, it's a friend like me from Aladdin I just changed the word Aladdin to SuperChase that's all." Looking at him finally calm again "you have seen Aladdin right? The Disney movie I mean." He must have seen that right?

Nodding.
    "Yeah, I made my bow and arrows myself as well. I like having a connection with the stuff I use, it's not a necessity of course but it does make them feel more like they are mine and like we can work together. I guess you could say that forging my gear is my form of art. If I had access to better tools and supplies so could I probably make more advanced stuff but my tools are just workable and my resources are very slim." 50$ would most likely be enough for 1-2 months for her most of the time, she had spent several months and even over a year without even using money more than once before, nature often provided if you just knew where to look but in a city like this it was a lot harder to survive of nature.

Shrugging her shoulders.
    "Sounds nice, we can invite whomever you like just be sure to let me know if anyone is a sleeper so I know to be careful with my words. Personally I have mostly just talked with you, Phoenyx and Adi so that's my entire list. I can't say that I am an animal expert but I do know more than enough to get by and how to treat animals overall and I have seen plenty of them. Eaten many to but that is a different story and if it comes to wildlife survival especially in the woods so am I probably the best you will ever come across. Few people go through the teachings and trials I have gone through in the woods, as said that's my kingdom. Well it would be more true to say that it's my home where I belong since I do not rule it I am just in my natural terrain." Well some people might actually exceed her in that field but she doubted that there were many people like that, she had even corrected so called wildlife experts before so she should qualify as one right? True her animal knowledge was not the best with book knowledge but she had coexistence knowledge which should be good enough right?

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Well, if you go to the trouble of setting up an 'ID', you could work as a nanny; it would definitely get you into the whole city life." Kaze says, smiling. "I don't know of any Awakened in the city with kids, but if you don't have to earn money, I guess it doesn't really matter. The main thing to know is that people are really protective of kids in the city; you can't just start playing with kids you see in the park or something without someone calling the police." He cautions.

Kaze listens thoughtfully as Skye talks about how she would use an invisible weapon to her opponents' disadvantage.

"Oh yeah, I don't think you have to worry about me spending too much time alone. I'm a pretty social person. I'm actually having to learn the habits of being more careful about how freely I talked in the past, in public. I have improved a lot." Kaze says with a smile.

"Well, are you interested in going on a surfing trip sometime? It would be a long day. It takes a couple hours to get to a good beach, and you really want to hit the beach early, like six in the morning, so it mean getting on the road from here at like three in the morning." Kaze says, looking eager. "Oh, I have a truck, by the way, so I could drive."

"Alright, deal. I will start paying more attention to the animals around." Kaze says. "I don't want to get involved with an animal that someone might notice, though, like at a vet or someones house pet."

"Pretty much." Kaze admits when Skye teases him about wanting the 'normal' family with the picket fence and minivan.

"Oh, it's not necessarily about if I offended you; I can see you're not offended. I just like to keep track of the things I say I believe, and when I act differently, be aware of it. I just got through saying that I didn't need to talk about my religion unless you asked, and then I told you a little of what I believed without you asking. I just wanted to acknowledge that was inconsistent of me, not necessarily rude or anything. I just want to make the effort to admit when I say one thing and do another, even if it's kind of by accident. Asking forgiveness doesn't have to be only for really serious things, at least I don't think so." He smiles.

"Oh wow. See, I haven't hung out with kids much, so...yeah sure I saw that movie, when I was a kid, a long time ago!" Kaze laughs. "Nice singing though!"

"Oh okay," Kaze says when Skye explains about her making stuff and tools. "So, how do you earn money? If it's not too nosy of me to ask?"

"Definitely Awakened only for a camping trip, I think." Kaze muses. "No rush. We can do it when you have met more people to invite."

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

She just looked at him with questioning eyes.
    "Yeah, I may not be used to such things but I do know that much at least. Don't play around with those you don't know is a basic, I mean I guess I could find a job at some place where they hire someone whose job it is to play and entertain children but that is a different thing. Anyways I know the do's and dont's no need to worry there, stranger danger was big among us as well. But the issue with being a nanny is that the arrow job takes a lot of time as well so it would be hard to keep such a job down."

A smile towards him.
    "Well you still talk a lot, not that I am much better but there is a difference in talking a lot and in being careful with what you say, you can talk a lot without giving away yourself. Also there is a difference in being around people and being able to relax around them, if your mind needs to think about combat or deescalation things so can your mind not calm down around them that is what I am after to help you with. I mean I am just an arrow that is training to hunt people down no threat or danger at all at any time people can always relax around me." A sly smile as she speaks the words, she was joking but the words were not any less true for that.

Nodding with a kind smile.
    "Well as long as you drive, I am not a good driver and hmm do you have a surfboard I can borrow I do not own one I am afraid. Those are my only restraints about it otherwise so does it sound like a fun day, let me know in advance though I still must go to the thrift store and pick up a swim suit. I am usually alone when I swim or have been around people who didn't care so never needed one before." Heh she knew about the truck though, he must really love that thing he had mentioned it several times now.

Shifting position in her legs.
    "As said any animal you choose and if you want to avoid the life arcana just feed them instead that can be done by anyone without anyone even batting an eye. I am sure there are some good spots for feeding various animals come winter as well, to get a bird-feeder isn't bad either. The context is to be of aid to animals nothing else." Animals were more attuned to the earth than most humans so to honor them was good especially since the life arcana would offer the power to become them as such a kinship and warmth towards them would not hurt.

Her eyes looking away for a second, feeling stupidly safe enough as she closes her eyes for a couple of seconds.
    "It sounds like a nice dream, you better let me babysit or else I will pout you hear you meanie the only way you get around that is if you have them with me" Reaching out her tongue and giggling a bit at the silly half joke half flirt hoping it was not going to far.

Shaking her head.
    "Well I can see what you mean and you are forgiven, it can be hard to change some things and I do not mind if you talk about it if you need to."
    There was no reason to go deeper into that, she knew what he meant that was all that was needed here.

Hitting both her cheeks as she opens her mouth faking a major shock.
    "What! That must be rectified, go watch some Disney when you can I would do it myself or you know Scooby-Doo if I could. To not know such a song oy oy" How could one forget genies song?
    "Seems like I must bring the spirit of the children to your life, yes that sounds nice to remove the seriousness and have some fun that is a good way to use my energy."

"Well I craft minor things, whittle them or take what I find in nature and then I sell them. I don't get much more than 30-50 on a good month though but all I really need is clothes the rest nature can provide. I have survival gear with me from home so that was never an issue and my former mentor could always make money with just flick of his hand if he so willed it."

What no why.
    "Why? You have met all awakened here right? Just ask those you like and I will ask Guru to join us that sounds good enough. Have you met Guru by the way? He's quite nice even if our energies are polar opposites in some terms and very close in others." She was calm, she exuded calmness and could be the calmest you would find but she did prefer to act with massive energy whilst keeping calm whilst Guru in her eyes was well chill and relaxed.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, right. I guess I kind of figured you didn't have to worry about 'stranger danger' growing up in the wilderness, just, I don't know, wild animals." Kaze admits his misjudgment of her.

"I do." Kaze says. "I'm learning to be okay with it, that I do talk a lot, but I can choose what I talk about. I guess that sounds weird; I know I always had a choice. I guess I just didn't handle those awkward pauses or silent parts of a conversation before, like I felt like I had to fill them. I'm good now." He smiles.

"Yeah, sure. I know some good rental places. You should wear a wet suit too, even if you don't need it for the cold ocean. It would look weird if you didn't have one. We can rent those when we get there." Kaze says confidently.

"Okay. 'Feed the birds', huh? I remember that song at least, from 'Mary Poppins'!"

"I remember reading that some birds remember you if you feed them, I mean like regularly. They recognize you from above and gather around when they see you coming. They will do that even if it's been so long, it's the kids of the ones you fed! Like, they tell stories about you!" He exclaims in wonder.

"Well, I guess that would be up to my wife, if she was okay with you being the babysitter." Kaze says, half joking. "I'm sure it'll be fine."

Kaze nods at having received the forgiveness that he asked for.

Kaze shakes his head, "I'm not really into holding still to watch movies. I can make it through an action movie, usually, like if it has a lot of action. Actually, I was pretty hyper as a kid too." He says thoughtfully. "I probably wasn't paying attention to the movies I watched then either!" He laughs.

"Yeah. There's problems with the whole 'making money from nothing' though, if you stay in one place for a while anyway." Kaze says.

Kaze looks like he's remembering, "Guru? Huh...yeah, I think I remember that guy. He seemed like a cool guy. I don't know though; again, I plan to stay around Sacramento now, so I don't want to get involved with stuff that could put me on a police report, if I can help it. I think he said something about doing drugs. I guess marijuana would be cool though, since it's legal now, but it sounded like he might be into other stuff."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

NOTE - 3 days to go.

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    Appearance

Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shaking her head.
    "Of course we had to, strangers were rarer for us true but they still came at times and we did go into the town as well, I did tell you that we had school one day per week there right? So stranger danger was something we were taught from early on as well, naturally all in our group knew one another so no one reacted when I played with the kids they were more surprised when I didn't since it was my part to the stack so to speak and well the advantage from such a role is that the kids tend to love you so if they saw me they always wanted to play. Can't tell how many times someone was trying to win a kiss from me just to find themselves being starred at by several kids that either wanted to steal me away or ask them questions to be my little defenders." Laughing at the memories, yes there was nothing she loved more than kids.
    "Ahh what I wouldn't do to have 6-8 kids sometimes." Smiling as she thinks of it.
    "Naturally we learned how to avoid dangerous animals and to live in the wild as well which is where I guess we differ more since we were thought more than just stay away."

Looking into his eyes.
    "Well we are both two talkers then, sounds like we will never need uncomfortable silence otherwise so am I quite easy going and can be silent for days or even weeks even around people so no need to fill the air with conversation for my sake. Sometimes when waiting for prey so will you have to sit still in silence for hours sometimes even days on end whilst waiting for the right moment to strike."

Smiling a cute little smile at him.
    "Well you do know that if we would do this so would you need to pay for it right? I don't mind it but it will either have to wait until I can gather the money or you will have to pay I am afraid." Yeah no matter how fun it could be so was her capitals still very low.

Ohh wow animal talk this was nice.
    "Yes that is correct, birds are surprisingly intelligent, not only for good though mistreat them and they might seek vengeance in various ways as well do not underestimate birds nor any animals. They are both smarter than many often think and they have a connection to this planet no human can begin to comprehend, true we can gain it but even we will have a hard time to fully reach their levels, for them it's in their genes since untold generations even if we get the connection so will we have a hard time to comprehend it due to lack of experience."

Pouting a bit, not that she was sorry or in a bad mood but some variations to what she was doing might help him relax a bit and not make the month so stale.
    "Well that is easy to solve, introduce us before you get married so she knows me, most people appreciate some time away from their kids after a while in my experience so I bet she will agree to have a babysitter just to get out and have some fun. Besides you two need dates and romance to keep the spark alive."

Hehe she knew that curse.
    "I know what you mean although if I enjoy something so can I be still for hours on end or if needed of course. Turn on some Scooby-Doo and I can sit there and just watch it without barely moving from dawn to dusk." Yeah she would get along well with children whether they wanted to play or watch cartoons.

Shaking her head.
    "Nahh not for him, he used the fate arcana so he found money, won on a lotto ticket or something like that. He tended to keep the amounts between 50-500 dollars at a time which was always enough for us to get by and get all we needed if we needed something, other times he could go away and come back with the things fixed. I do not know how but as said he was a master of manipulating the fates to his whim so if he needed something he would get it. It was never to often though and we rarely remained in civilization for to long" As practical as it was so was it also annoying to see all the cheating and hear his words about when to do it and not, long lectures ahh her mind screaming with the memories hitting herself on the head as hard as she could, not that strength was her greatest feat and her body was hard so to damage herself was nearly impossible.
    "Sorry about that his lectures are still gnawed into my mind and those are not fond memories."

"Yeah well he does seem to like both weed, shrooms and psychedelics overall I do not know more than weed for sure though, not that I am one to judge that's his business but I am sure that we could ask him to stick to the weed if anything and we have plenty of people that can flush out his system should it be needed. I do prefer those around me in a clear state as well but would not say anything if he took a puff before going to bed."

Catching herself for a moment.
    "By the way I have been thinking of a superhero I could potentially dress as and I know one but I have no clue what her name is, didn't that green Robin Hood guy have a female sidekick at some point? I think I saw her as I walked by some store on the cover of a dvd box or something like that. Blonde with a ponytail I think. That is if we all decide to go on the hero team as a group costume."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Right." Kaze says, smiling when Skye talks about how she grew up and her responsibilities, how she knows about kids having to be careful and being a stranger would mean not approaching kids. "That makes sense. I didn't remember you saying about going into town." He says.

When Skye talks about hunting in the wild, Kaze can't help remembering being on missions, stake outs and look outs and surveillance before attacking a compound or building. "Been there." Kaze says, nodding. "Waiting and watching on missions, invisible."

"Oh sure, no problem. I can cover you for a surf trip!" Kaze reassures Skye. "Still a good idea to hold off until you and Phoenyx have it all worked out with your duties." He suggests.

Kaze just nods and listens as Skye talks about animal's connection to the Earth. "So, what do you believe, Skye? I mean, scientists seem pretty sure that birds have like a sense for the Earth's magnetic fields, and a great memory for landmarks, and great sight, and that's how they find their way when they migrate. Do you feel like the animals' connection to the Earth is like that, just more tuned in to natural things that we don't naturally pick up? Or do you believe the Earth is like an actual personality, like Gaia actually watches over birds and shows them which way to go?"

"Yeah, well I am not making any promises about a hypothetical." Kaze laughs when Skye seems to him to be proposing that he should make sure to basically let her screen his prospective wives based on whether they like her! "I am not going to put expectations like that out there. I don't know how I might meet the right woman, and what the circumstances might be. I'm open to whatever, not trying to force anything into the way I think it should be."

He laughs again at her agreement with him about not really being into holding still. She's really into Scooby Doo!

"Yeah, mentors." Kaze agrees with a 'what can you do?' shrug and a smile of commiseration.

"Well, I am not saying whether I think he should or shouldn't." Kaze says about Guru. "It's none of my business. I'm just in a situation where I want to avoid any trouble with the law and authorities that I can, so yeah having someone in the truck with me or the same place I am staying, who's got illegal stuff, drugs or weapons or whatever, would be a thing I would want to avoid."

"Robin Hood guy with a woman side kick whose blond?" Kaze ponders. "That isn't ringing a bell for me, Skye." He says, shaking his head. "I mean, I have seen movies more than tv shows. There's Hawkeye in the Avengers. He was teaching his daughter archery in one of the movies, but I don't remember any woman super heroes with bow and arrow."

I am totally good with closing this any time! I think we have a pretty good idea what it would be like for the month of incarceration. Thank you so much for the fun and entertaining scene!

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread