Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Nexus I) Over by the Bar...

Apr 16, 2020 : Nexus I
Apr 25, 2020 : (Nexus I) Sonnie, Emily, and the Crew
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Leaving the Group, Emily roots around in her jacket pulling out a purse and presses a hundred onto the bar ordering several shots and another pair of cosmopolitans, as if ordering for everyone. However, shortly after the first shot glass hits the bar, Emily begins systematically draining them one at a time.

After four, she glances sideways to see if anyone followed her. Hopefully Mable had. Then she returns to her shots, trying to silence the voice in her head.

We should break things off. Too dangerous.
    Shut up.
    She lied to us.
    And we lied to her! Shut Up! Maybe we can work through this!

Gulp. Another gone.

We need to know what she is.

Gulp. And another.

Are you going to shut up now? Let me think?

Good.

Stupid werewolf liver. Makes Dutch Courage so much harder to do.

Trembling fingers pull out her tobacco pouch and Emily starts rolling a cigarette unsteadily.

@Mabel Wood Psychangel
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Continued from Nexus I...

"Hi. Hello?"

Never have I ever...

"Excuse me. I couldn't help but notice. You were a, uh. Coyote? Wolf? Dog? It was difficult to tell since you got shorter. Okay, and I'm not a zoologist. But. That was you, right? Just a few minutes ago,"
    he pointed where Campanella and Pixel still were. "Over there?"

Heck yeah he's curious about a shape-shifter.

....but not really. Because Animus.

"Can I bum a smoke?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily looks up at the bald guy.

Oh, come on......
    Hey, you show off, you have to play question time.
    Oh, fuck off...

"Wolf. Like. As in, Werewolf? Um. Yeah. That was me." Another edgy glance is thrown towards one of the blondes in the other Group. "Uh. Sure," She drags her tongue across the paper, sealing it, and offers it to the guy. "Emily. You need a light, or....?" She leave the sentence hanging, starting to roll another.

Come on, Lex. Take the cigarette and let me sort out my love life.

4. Likes , West liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable showed up at the bar and stood close to Emily for just a moment before she wrapped her arms around Emily. Quietly, "Babe. I'm here. Are you okay?"

Mable's eyes shifted to the guy asking questions. One word from Emily and .... no. she realized beast was trying to push through. She pushed back. Beast quieted.

She released Emily sort of and put out her hand to the guy. "Hi, I'm Mable." ​Her voice was calm and steady. Her insides were mush. Her brain struggling to understand but other things were quickly clicking into place.

6. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"That seems awfully dismissive to all the Were-coyotes, Were-dogs, and Were-dingoes though, doesn't it? If I just assumed that."

SJW alert. Supernal. Justice Warrior.

"Unless, like. That's not a thing? But I don't know if it's a thing or not -- mixing them up,"
    he added, gloved fingers plying up the hand roll. Look. Maybe it's a thing. Maybe it isn't. Would he be thrilled if someone assumed he were an Acanthus? But at least now it's clear she's not a Thyrsus running around. "What about--"

Go on, girls. Get your hug on.

"--These?"
    He held up the cigarette as if there hadn't been any interruption. Sometimes people gotta hug. No bigs. "Now I always associated RYOs in the States with gangs. Okay, well. People who have done time, to be more precise. Yes, please, lighter. Are these a werewolf thing, too? And how's that work with your," sniff, sniff. "Or do you just have a regular nose now?"

Inquiring minds want to know.

"Hi,"
    he held out a hand to Mable, but nodded at both. "I'm Toby."
    - Roald Dahl

8. Likes , Psychangel, Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The mechanic tenses noticably at the arms trying to go around her. "Yeah, you are. But Why are you here? Specifically, here." She avoids looking at Mable maybe from embarassement or something else? Hard to tell.

Well. Pot, meet Kettle.
    Oh..... FUCK. YOU.

Gulp. Puttin' them back like a pro. Man, even she was starting to feel it.

"It's not dismissive when I'm the one telling you what I am, Lex. Not saying they don't exist, but I know what I am." Emily shrugs and tosses back number... eight? Nine? They were already being cleared away, it was hard to tell. She finally turns around from the bar. "Assume a lot, don't you?" she says with a strained half-smile. It's not aggressive, more a shot at playful, if it wasn't obvious the blue-haired punk was coiled tighter than spring.

She feels around in a pocket and pulls out a plain zippo she offers to Toby while licking the second smoke shut. "Well, I haven't, but I know a few guys who have. You ever wanna try something other than tobacco you get used to rolling your own." A half shrug. "These're a me thing. Been smoking since before I got all the claws and what-not, so... might be? Dunno." She sighs. "Look, uh, Toby, I'm happy to play twenty questions, but can we just have a minute?" She waves a hand back and forth between herself and Mable.

10. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Nice to meet you, Toby." Mable shook his hand. She was trying to stay polite but was feeling as highly strung as Emily sounded.

Turning her gaze back to Emily, "Here? What are any of us doing here?" Mable's voice starts to raise a bit. "Are you mad at me? for being here? What the fuck." She hear's herself and forces herself to calm down. Breathe in and out.

Voice calm now. "I was curious. I needed to see things for myself not just read stories or myths. So I came here to learn explore and just fill my mind with impossible things."

Another breath, "If you want to know what I am just ask. I will always answer you and any questions you have."

And another breath in and out. "I didn't know what you were. But maybe. just maybe that's why we gravitated together because we are different?"

She didn't know what to say or do to make Emily look at her. Oh..."Hey look at me. In the eyes. And talk to me. Be angry, hurt whatever. Just,Don't .shut. down."

12. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

(Para Mit, Cloaked Spell)Mana 4 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

"Sure you know what you are. Unless you were like Thor and called raccoons 'rabbits'. Can you tell? If a were-coyote were all like, 'rawr I'm a werewolf' would you know right away? Or would you have to see them, you know. Coyote up. But. Anyway. I meant it would be dismissive if I assumed what you were? If I'd said, cool, werewolf and... you weren't," he explained casually. "So I asked."

This is so much better than talking about selling drugs. These are real questions. Mable gets a delicate shake from a hand covered in the supple leather and fabric of a glove before he reaches for the lighter.

"Do I? Maybe. I try to work on it."
    Tink. Skkkkkrrritch. Jesus. RYOs. Head rush city. "Sure, yeah. Go ahead."

He set the lighter back on the bar where Emily could reach it. Okay, that's more than a hug. It's full blown Awkward City. Preeeeeeetty sure the 'just ask' doesn't include him in the 'you' and that's a shame. Because now totally curious.

"You too, Mable. Ummm. Good luck? Is that appropriate?"

Is there a Hallmark card for 'Caught You Steppin' Out Fully Furred'? The angel sends another plume of thick smoke skyward as he wanders off.

Continued in Nexus I...

Emily and Mable can each roll Wits + Composure or Wits + Larceny to notice a thing
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Psychangel, Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily turns to Mable, face full of guilt, eyes on the floor. "What? No! I..." she glances awkwardly to Toby.

His thought process gets a kind of forced laugh. "Okay, that's a point, I guess."

2 successes

If the werewolf noticed what Toby was up to, she never mentioned it. She scoops up the lightr and slides it into her jacket again, waiting for him to get a little away before sighing and finally looking Mable in the eyes.

The werewolf chews her lip for a moment. "How... how are you so calm? You just found out I'm... me and you're a... a... uh..." she squirms. "I don't even now what you are but I can guess it's not human."

16. Likes Yumyumcrow, Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable is so focused on Emily she is barely registering what is going on around her.
    1 success

When Emily finally looked at her, "How am I so calm?" She reflects on the question. "Not so sure that I would say I am calm, but... well..." She plays with her hair. "I think it answers so many questions for me. And well... you are still you, right? I'm hoping you have been honest with me beyond this secret. And I understand keeping a secret and how hard it is."

She looks over Emily, "Besides, you are cute as hell with fur. Be proud of who you are, because you are special."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread