Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]\includes\openscenes.php on line 48

Private Scene Shamans United?
Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Shamans United?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

It had taken a while. Ok, longer then it should have, to reach out and setup a meeting with Anima. Truth be told, she should have done it when she first got back.

Her excuse? She didn’t have one. So maybe better late than never?

Whatever, it was happening.

Thankfully, her favorite coffee shop was still around, and still had private rooms you could rent! Of course, it was intended for college students, for study groups, but she’d used them before. And she liked their coffee. Plus, the rooms were sound proof! The coffee shop usually had a live local band that played.

So she left word at the counter, to direct her guest to what room she had rented. Plus to order whatever he wanted. She had ordered a carafe of coffee and a scone, and was absently picking at it. More casual than usual in jeans and a loose fitting white tank, she waited, swiping the screen on a tablet.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Anima pauses outside the coffee shop to straighten his tie. His suit looks like it's been put on and taken off several times in the past 36 hours. Combined with the five o'clock shadow on his face, and around the very, receded hairline is telling.

He orders a tall, dark black coffee, and plasters a smile on his face, contrasting his tired eyes. He swings into the room.

"So good to see you again. I almost suggested we have this tete-a-tete over tea in my garden, but when you suggested this place I couldn't say no."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes him in as he enters, wondering if the guy ever slept.

A smile was put on, “You too.” Sipping her own coffee, “This has always been a hidden little gem to me. Coffee is good, cheap and they have these study rooms. Next meeting we’ll have at your place.” She offers. “I would have suggested my place, but I’m still in the process of moving things back in and it’s a mess.” Boxes, everywhere.

“I figured you and I maybe, ok, definitely, got off on the wrong foot without getting to know each other.” She could admit when she’d made mistakes. “So, how’ve you been?” she begins, start small?

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

He takes a seat, all too aware of the dominant presence he is sharing the cramped space with.

"That's hardly your fault. I make a terrible first impression, like a skunk without scent glands. Upon first meeting it's off putting, but then you discover it's really quite harmless." he sits back taking a sip of the hot, bitter liquid. "I've been well. Been traveling and working mostly. How about yourself? Have you settled back in well?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Chuckling, “Well, the onion thing was a bit odd.” Truth be told, but there was still humor in her voice. “I could have made more of an effort. So meet in the middle?” was it a joke? Yeah. Did it suck? Probably.

“I understand the traveling thing, don’t do as much these days, but I get it. Do you travel for work or pleasure?” both was the way to go. "How are you enjoying the city?" it was one place that kept drawing her back.

“Me? As well as I can. One of our coworkers was nice enough to tell me my loft was open, so I’ve been working on moving back. Otherwise than that?” a shrug, “As well as can be expected. Trying to adjust in the obvious shift in the political atmosphere, which is always tons of fun.” There was a slight roll of her eyes, politics was not her thing.

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

He sips his coffee and listens as she talks, between the caffeine and her hot polite presence he's starting to feel more awake.

"Work is pleasure. It was a rather short trip, but incredibly enlightening, maybe you'd like to accompany next time. I meet the most interesting personalities." His eyes twinkle with excitement as he sits up in his chair, leaning forward to engage in the conversation.

"Well that's lovely, I hate moving personally. Taking all the bullshit I like from one place to another. When I really only need a handful of items, ya know, everything else is just distraction." He doesn't wince at her political jab, if it is one. In fact, he offers a hint of a smile. "Oh, best of luck with that. I've stopped hanging out at the club so much, I've found some of the personalities just... too combative for my liking." He sits back, crossing shin over knee. "But I imagine you're better equipped with weapons of social graces than I." The last remark is decidedly serious, his face concerned as he gives her a salute of respect, coffee in hand.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, there is that saying that you should love what you do, then it becomes less like work. Or something like that. Where did you travel to? And interesting personalities?” she asks, “Traveling used to be necessary for my work, but I’ve taken a step back from it the past couple years. Though it was always enjoyable to visit new places.” But it was good to have roots.

“I was enjoying staying with Alice, but, it’ll be good to have my own space again.”
    Though she was going to miss Phoenyx. “And yes! Moving is the worst!” she hated it. “Used to be easier when I pretty much lived out of my car moving from city to city. Now, it’s a bit more complicated as I put roots down here. But I plan to hire a company to move it from storage.” She was just not dealing with it.

Laughing, “Don’t think it’s about luck anymore. And I get that, there does seem to be quite a bit of that as of late.” Sipping her coffee, she shrugs, “Yes and no. Years ago, I was more adept to shrug it off, but now? I seem to have lost a lot of those social graces. And maybe that’s coming from personal experiences jading my empathy for others.” Another shrug, “Either way, I hope it’s something that can be dealt with so we can all work together.” That’s what it was about right?

“Which was why I wanted to sit down and talk with you. Get to know you better and see if we can come to a way to work better together. I promise, I’m not always a cranky bitch.” She jokes with a wink.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Aurora winks and Anima blushes, carefully composed expression breaking. He hides his face behind the coffee cup as he takes a sip, eyes cast down.

"I'd like that,' he replies looking back up. "How can I help you?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

That was…unexpected.

Shrugging, “I guess we could start with tell each other a bit more about themselves? I know pretty much nothing about you, aside from what I’ve seen in business meetings. And those could be wrong, so, what would you like me to know about you? Something you think people get wrong when they meet you.”

Status (Neurosurgeon)
    Status (Free Council)
    (Voter)
    Presence
    Anima

PRE

Her question causes him to fall silent for a moment.

"My study, is one of curiosity. I spend much of my time trying to discern the desires and nature of... foreign courts. I tend to struggle with connecting with people, so I give them what I need to, to get them to act in the way I need them to. I know how that sounds, and it's not that I'm lying, per se. But if I were to say to someone, you have an abnormality in your brain, you should change your diet and exercise to avoid further issue, most will be back a few months later with much worse problems. But if I say to someone, this is killing you, the issue becomes much more immediate to them and they are more likely to act. This is a poor metaphor I know, but there in lies part of the problem." He clearly struggles to make himself understood, the words come to him with apparent effort. "It's not that I feel I am better or smarter than others, but I have an awareness that many ignore sadly. If everyone could just see what I see, or make the effort to," he suddenly fights back tears, eyes blinking rapidly.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread