Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Liar Liar

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Mar 14, 2020 : (Temple) Here Be Monsters
Apr 7, 2020 : Jolly Good Show
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

It's not the same, but it still feels good. Different. Not a comparison. But some things are the same. The old theatre had been a run-down mess the first go around and it's current state could use some work. Still? The essential areas are clean, like the concession stand/diner area that the angel sails into with pizza boxes. Ow. Ow. Ow. Hot pizza boxes. The ridiculous expanse of counter space is perfect for dropping off the boxes on, flipping them open, setting out paper plates, and healthy shaker of parmesan and another of crushed red pepper.

The over-sized iron bell? Yeah, that's new. No more yelling, yo.

There's something obnoxiously joyful about clanging it as loud as he can.

Pizza up.

The hairstyle is new, too.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

Hair, up. Liner, tick. Jeans, tight. Shirt, white. Sleeves long.

She didn't know her new cabal mates, not really. She didn't know if they could read her ink or not. Before she knew those answers she was gonna play it safe.

Following the noise to the once upon a time concession and now dining area, and wondering if she'll get a headache from the clanging. Her nose says there's food so, she'll forgive it.

Rounding the corner she raises a hand to wave and greet the Starman

"Ya-what the fuck happened to your hair?"

Obviously other things take precedence.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

The question prompts a soft whuff of laughter. Okay. That's funny. Because. That's exactly what happened. Still feels funny, too. Lighter. That whole 'wind on the ears'? That takes getting used to. But hey. Worth it.

"Uh. Yeah."
    A gloved hand reaches up and slides over the barely covered crown before rippling out into a wave. "I tried to enlist."

Why not. Start the evening off right, right?

"But, like. Asthma. And just too skinny. But then this German guy said my tenacity was totally admirable and waved me through. 1A, baby. There was a lot of running and push-ups, but then they threw this fake grenade and I guess I was supposed to jump on it? But, like. I'm not an idiot. So. Y'know. They took the idiot away and, like, kicked me out. Ta-da. And here I am. Back here."

5. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella is slumming.

Well, okay. Maybe not slumming. He has, after all, been moving some of his more treasured things and his even more important things into his new lodging. A cabin in the woods has been locked and sold off - the last remnant of Campanella's abortive cabal of years past. His alchemical equipment shipped and moved, the Moros had set off for a little run around the block. Flushed and winded he had retreated to his theatre chamber to recover.

Till the bell.

Campanella is waring a tracksuit with a hooded top. Pale, yet flushed, with a slight tremble in his left hand.

"Why was that never thought of before?"

Tuesday would have never let it go! Probably good that had been around then... Tuesday would have never let any of them sleep.

"Pizza?"

A frown.

"A lot of pizza. What kind of pizza? That sort of pizza? I'll go grab a bottle."

He sighed (or was it wheezed) and turned around.

"Or should I make it three?" Called over his shoulder... To whoever would respond.

7. Likes West, liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

A blink, a furrowing of her brow, disbelief before understanding.

"That's Captain America." she says a laugh in her voice, yeah, she's seen them Marvel movies. Of course she has, it's hard not to. Come on, with such amazing visuals, she had to see it in theatres.

America's Ass mmm~!

Campanella's appears is uh, well, "Was I the only one who didn't get a be weirdly dressed memo?"

Her head shakes, "More then three!" she calls out to the Moros.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

9. Likes West liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche hears the bell and wanders in, stretching and yawning.

Given the fact that the Acanthus is wearing pajama bottoms, a hoodie, and slippers, it seems pretty apparent that she is taking to the new digs rather well. The messy bun and no makeup probably drive the nail all the way home.

"'ey," she says. THen her glance does a double take whipping towards Star's new do.

"What happened to your hair?" she asked, unknowingly repeating Rose's previous comment. Was Tyche surprised? Yup. Did she hate it? Nah.

11. Likes Yumyumcrow, , West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Because the idea guy wasn't around. Duh.

"Ummmm, Veggie, Meat Lovers, Supreme and Philly Cheese Steak,"
    he listed off for Campanella. "I was super into just a mushroom and jalapeno but that seemed kind of limited interest, to. And. Well. The Philly Cheese Steak was totally calling to me. That's something for everyone right? Unless someone is hardcore vegan. Or semi-vegan and think the Meat Lovers smells gross."

Wait, what? Free booze?

"Sure! Yeah. Three. Or... more,"
    he answered, chiming in with B-Ro. "You think this is weird?"

He's talking about his shirt and just about to show her how it folds left to right to just read ANGEL STAR when Tyche presents a new opportunity.

"Well I got framed for this crime, right? And then I had to go break into this computer place and steal a list of names by getting lowered on wires? But my hair kept catching on the wires so I cut it first."

Careful. That pizza may self destruct in five seconds.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella returns.

With more than three bottles, which he carefully arranges with the pizza.

"We need glasses."

He returns again, with glasses. Yes - proper wine glasses to go with... pizza. If you are going to be a gourmand, then even a pizza night has to have some dignity.

"Now..." The Moros sniffs.

"I believe the Philly Cheese Steak is calling to me also. To begin with."

He is eyeing the pizza as he pulls up a stool.

15. Likes , West liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

"That, is what I said." comes Briar Rose's voice, looking at the dressed down Pretty Guardian.

"I think your shirt is an amazing work of art." she says, deadpan, "Art of the highest order, why it can make a grown man cry."

A snort, "Are movies more then just a 'thing' for you?" the Shaman had some pretty heavy clues to go on, up to and including their new home.

"Do we really need glasses though?" she asks eyes alight with laughter. Sharing a look with Tyche. Wine, man, bottles boxes, bags. All of the above. "But damn, fancy~"

Reaching out, her fingers like the claws she can grow, she pokes at the pokes, grabbing one from each box. "Just to start. I'm not a pig y'know."

17. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

A mirthful smile hits Tyche's lips at Star's playful aversion.

"Uh-huh. Keep your secrets then,"
    she says, her tone amused. Judging from Rose's saying though, it was a movie quote, but the reference didn't land with the Acanthus. Made sense though. They were living in a theater.

Campanella comes, first with bottles. Then glasses.

"Ugh, we barely know each other and you already know how to treat me,"
    she said, teasing the older mage, "Any recommendations for the pairing, gourmand?"

A light laugh follows as Rose gets one of each.

"Well, naturally,"
    she offers, "Gotta figure out what you like."

Tyche slips in and nabs a slice of supreme, before joining Campanella at the bar, unless it's decided they sit somewhere else.

19. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread