Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Updates on the status quo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque makes his way around the hallway to the door of the Prince's office. He was dressed conservatively for the occasion.

Not much was on the agenda for the evening and she was expecting him, but still his sense of decorum kicked in and he rapped on the door and waited for the Prince's acknowledgement before entering.

"Your grace, I hope the evening finds you well?" he asked as he surveyed the room for any changes and more importantly, any other occupants.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Where Jacque was conservatively dressed, the Savage was more casual. Black dress pants and a tastefully shredded off white shirt.

Ale was sitting behind her desk, seemingly to be going through some paperwork. Various folders open. Cain was in his usual spot beside the desk, his eyes on the door.

The office was the same, except for a new painting on the wall. And the Prince had blonde hair this evening instead of black.

Looking to the door, “Herald Jacque, please, come in.” papers moved into piles. “I can’t complain a whole lot, and yourself?” the lack of presence of a Beast was always welcome to her.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord pressed back the urge to flee as he looked around the office, noting the new art and... blonde? ruler of the Domain. "Changing our stripes?" he asked with a bemused grin.

He found his way to one of the appropriate guest seats, happy to hear of minimal complaints, "Pretty well. I enjoy reporting progress, after all." He paused for a moment before explaining, "Alder Judex Twist has agreed to teach me what I needed to know. Within the next month I'll be able to start the process of manifesting the power from the blood, though that process is a little more difficult to assign any type of a timetable to." He shrugged. It wasn't an exact science.

Or science at all...

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Changing stripes? Oh, her hair.

A shrug, “It’s the little things that keep the nights interesting sometimes.” For Kindred, it was very true sometimes. “And I have no stripes to change, I am what I am.” A wink.

“Progress is always welcome.”
    And was better then bad news. “Congratulations. I’m sure you’ll find her a pleasure to learn from.” Who wouldn’t enjoy learning things from the Daeva?

“Well, I’ve learned working on powers of the blood go at their own rate. It isn’t one of those things we can’t rush.”
    And you probably shouldn’t rush it anyways.

“How has everything else been going?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Do you ever go out and about?" The Lord had realized he actually knew very little of the Prince's nightlife outside of business. "Clubbing, fine dining or just old fashioned bar hopping?"

"Good, actually." He adjusted in his seat now that he had comfortably settled in. Well, as comfortable as one could be. "I had the pleasure of meeting Lady Notary Hazelton in private. Have you had the opportunity to talk with her outside of Court?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

An unexpected question, “Out and about?” a shake of her head, “Not as much as I used to. Going out is usually business or Domain related.” She made it sound like it wasn’t a huge thing, but there might be more. Not having a life outside the Domain had sort of become the norm for the Savage. Having the Prince show up at a bar where other Kindred was, was kind of a buzz kill. Or so she had seen.

“Oh? Was it an enjoyable meeting?” another shake of her head, “I haven’t had the chance to speak with her one on one yet. It’s on my list, as having a Notary in the Domain is a great asset. I’m also curious about her time both in the Domain and away from it.” As well as being a Lady. A big thing. “Maybe I need to move things around in my schedule and meet with her sooner.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, that's unfortunate," he lifted his shoulders, "But, I imagine it comes with the territory."

He nodded, "It was. I don't recall if I had mentioned it, but I had a growing interest with blood oaths and had considered them as a potential tool to add to my belt in your service." A smile formed as he recalled the conversation, "With the return of the Lady Notary, I did not wish to foster any rivalries with someone who had worked hard to earn the distinction she possesses. Much to my surprise, she was quite supportive and actually encouraged me to not abandon that pursuit."

He paused to gauge any reaction from the Prince.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “It is. I used to love going out at night.” Then a shrug, “And you’re right, it does. Not many want to spend their evening with the Prince.” She was used it now. Having the Prince around was downer…blah blah. “Cattle can be entertaining for a few hours, but, it’s whatever.” No one tells you all shit that comes with the position.

“I don’t believe you did actually.” And if he did, well, she couldn’t remember everything. “I could see them being very useful, and can already think of a few ways they would have helped in the past.” Though stakes and piles of ashes were fun too. “So is that something you plan to keep pursuing? If so, does she intend to help you? I have no issues, having two in the Domain who can handle blood oaths is always a good thing in my opinion.”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Lord shrugged his shoulders with a coy grin, "My offer still stands, though it is about time for me to renew my membership with the museum."

"We agree with your assessment," he offered. "Yes, but this endeavor is the start of a very long journey for me once I fulfill my previous commitment to you." He smiled with another nod, "We have agreed to... collaborate. The pool of opportunity regarding these devotions is as deep as it is wide. We can help each other learn, but more importantly we can compliment each other's strengths in your service."

"As you've no doubt considered yourself," she all but said it herself, "...we feel it would be prudent to have Kindred entering into position of power under you to swear to a blood oath. Especially with the bickering and standoffs that had occurred in Court, it would provide a necessary clarity on where one's loyalty is at any given time." Eyes glanced off to some of the decor in the room before returning to Alessandra, "I was going to propose the idea once I was able to serve in that capacity myself, but now that there is someone else perfectly capable it seemed like an unnecessary delay."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A laugh, “That’s right, we were supposed to visit. I swear some nights I need a secretary to remind of these things. Though perhaps that’s my age catching up with me.” Always a possibility. “I would still enjoy seeing what the museum has.” Would be good to get out.

“Sounds like you both have come to a fruitful agreement. One that the Domain will benefit from.” This would be good. “What goes into learning the devotions?” her knowledge was limited.

A long fingernail taps against her lips as she listened, and then nodded, “That would have been very useful to have. I had considered Oaths, and, well, other means to secure loyalty. But maybe Oaths would be more agreeable to some.” Not that it mattered, if she wanted one bound to her by blood for loyalty, it was her right as Prince. “How long until such Oaths are ready to be used?” she wasn’t sure what went into learning them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread