Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

The appointed night had arrived. Lenora had come to the conference room early to establish the space. The one selected had indeed been the one in which they had discussed following the fateful night of Lenora's ascension to Priscus.

At the far end of the conference table, two chairs sat across from one another. Between them, in the middle, sat a marble chess set. The board, too, was inlaid with the same stone and doubled as a case for the pieces. In the background sat two crystal glencairn glasses and an unopened bottle of Blanton's by which sat a small wine key, which possessed a small knife for cutting the wax.

Lenora stood behind one of the chairs, her hands resting upon it as she waited for Jacque in silence. She had opted for a favorite dress, paired alongside silver dangle earrings. Elegant and prudent, which fit with the Lord's demeanor - and the purpose by which this meeting had been called to order.

2. Likes Killian liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way down the familiar stairs to the wing of the underground that had the arranged conference room. He was dressed like usual, with a sleeved shirt and a vest, slacks and dress shoes. Accenting his wrists were a pair of cabochon amethyst cufflinks and slung over his shoulder was a plastic tube.

As he rounded the corner into the conference room, he abruptly stopped. First and foremost it was to compose the riled beast within. Secondly, it was to take in the display Lenora had meticulously laid out. A knowing grin greeted his fellow Lord as he bowed his head, "Priscus,"

With eyes locked firmly on the decanter he adds, "Am I to understand that I will not be drinking alone this evening?"

Blood Hunt:

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile hit Lenora's lips at Jack's arrival as the Priscus dipped her head in greeting.

"Whip Jack, welcome," she offered, "Please, sit."

A gesture to the chair opposite from her was offered and Lenora reached for the wine key, using the small knife within to begin to cut the wax. She peeled the rest by hand in a single motion, as the wax was designed to do before placing it and the wine key neatly off to the side. All of this provided ample time for Jack to seat himself, as the Priscus' pace was comfortable and unhurried.

The Lord offered a small chuckle as Jack referenced that it appeared they were to both drink. He was correct, of course, though it seemed he remembered when she had declined months earlier.

"When I was a young girl, I would play in my father's study,"
    she said, uncorking the bottle and beginning to pour the first glass, "He often had company, usually involving some cattle deal or resolving a dispute. They had the conversation often over cigars, but my father deferred to whiskey if the man in question didn't smoke. He said it was a tradition of sorts for him and his associates. It put them at ease and prepared them for the conversation ahead. When he died, my half-brother continued the tradition and, in these nights, I am beginning to see its appeal."

The first glass was placed before Jack as the second was lifted, another drink portioned out for Lenora herself. Each drink was poured neat. No ice.

"I'd assume though that Her Majesty as well as the proprietors of the Nox would find the use of cigars... less than kindly,"
    she said before finally taking her seat, the bottle set aside in it's place.

No, Jack would not be drinking alone.

"It has been some time since I indulged in spirits,"
    she admits, "but this one came highly recommended."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Sure," he replies to her invitation. Making his way to the chair, he hooked the strap of the tube over it's back before pulling it out to seat himself.

The chuckle was of some assurance to Jacque, as she delved into a story from long ago. He lifted the glass up to his nose to take in the aromas as he waited for the Priscus to ready her own drink. There was much he could offer to add to the conversation, but nothing that wouldn't simply turn it to be about him and his own experience. No, this was Lenora's story and he played the part of an active listener this evening.

Her admission drew another smile to his face. He lifted his glass, "I'm honored that you chose to indulge in my company. To family." His only regret being the tasteless void that was the cursed's palate, although the burn never seemed to disappoint.

He mused over the taste as he wondered what Lenora's first agenda item would be for the evening. He reached over, placed a finger on the King's pawn and slid it to E4.

Not intending to get too overly technical with the chess tracking, Jacque was only establishing his experience with the game by using the most popular opener. We could do some extended rolls later on if it is needed in conversation, or at the end of the thread to see who won.

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile.

"Naturally," Lenora offers at Jack's gratitude, "Despite it all, family tend to understand one another the best. That is as true in our world as it is with the cattle upstairs."

A nod to the board and a smirk as Jack shifts the piece.

"I see you are already familiarizing yourself with your gift,"
    she says, "My small way of apologizing for my misstep in March. I had allowed my ambitions for the position of Harpy to supercede the temperance I promised to you and the others prior to their departure. For that I apologize."

The apology was genuine. Lenora had a feeling Jack would know if it was not. Pausing to grant him the chance to reply, the Priscus would lift her glass and summon the blood. The glass touched her lips and she drew a small sip. This whisky was meant to be savored, even if the taste of Kindred was deadened.

After a moment though, Lenora would shift a piece of her own.

"Do you recall our discussion of zwischenzug, Whip?"

Totally fine with extended rolls at the end. Lenora is more than willing to play. Clan bonding and all that. I suggest either mental combat or Int+Comp rolls, both have been suggested by the books, but I'll leave the choice up to you.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

(Imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

(imbibe)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"It is lovely," he praised to the Priscus regarding the gift. The Lord listened, sipping at the glass, allowing the sweet burn to encompass his mouth. "I'm afraid a lack of temperance is a sin most of our blood will bear, and more than once during our requiems. I am more concerned with what inspired the reaction, to be perfectly honest."

His eyes watched Lenora's hands as they selected a piece, "It signals that there is a lack of clarity between us. Do you recall my response to your proposal?" A pause before he added, "My choice of words, at least?"

He smiled and selected his own piece, "But of course, Priscus." He imagined there was more to the question. Either she was concerned with his previous suggestion or there was another game afoot. Either way, he was back to watching her hands and gliding his tongue across the roof of his mouth.

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Some light embarrassment hit Lenora's face as Jack's words brought memories of that fateful Court to the forefront.

"Yes, but still a sin I have spent my years, even prior to Embrace, seeking an supercede,
    " Lenora said, "And on that night, I failed. We must agree as much that this is painfully clear."

Pale eyes met Jack's as he spoke.

"If you feel the gift and my apology in inadequate to satisfy your honor, I am willing to discuss further measures of reconciliation,"
    Lenora said, "Please, speak freely."

"The proposal for my candidacy for the role, you mean?"
    Lenora asked. She was unclear of Jack's meaning and recent experience had made her doubt her assumptions and thoughts. It was best to afford the chance for clear information. Lenora, it seemed, had conceded to this fact.

However, as Jack affirmed he remembered, Lenora nonetheless felt comfortable enough proceeding forward.

"You had spoken of the fact that my nomination had been an intermediate move to draw out Thomas' venom. Further, you boasted no current aspirations to lead our family at that time,"
    she said, "Candidly, Whip, has your position on the issue changed?"

Sometimes it was best to be blunt.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

He nodded as she expressed her displeasure in her own actions. He understood more than she'd ever know, and he couldn't help but wonder if her tone would be different if she had been present for his own failure. Regardless, it seemed the Priscus was eager to put the matter behind them... and understandably so. "Influence and trust can be tricky, even when you are given the opportunity to serve and carry the weight of Her Majesty's will." He sipped from his glass as he considered the message he wanted to deliver, "The Prince, she is a very independent woman and carries herself with an intelligence very rarely found with her family." He smiled as his tone shifted to deadpan, "And has a hair-trigger tolerance for bullshit."

"My agreement with you was that I would keep in mind your goals should the proper opportunity arise." He shrugged lightly, "Perhaps I hold some small responsibility for being so vague in responding to your desires. I certainly could have approached the Prince with an endorsement at any point, and maybe that is what you wanted." His wrist twisted, turning his palm upward, "But when I play the game, my instinct is to play to win. An unsolicited endorsement of my Blood's Priscus to be given power and influence in the Domain would have had little if any impact, so I waited for an optimal opportunity to do so."

Being blunt was good for the purpose of this meeting, "You'll find I came here this evening equipped for an amicable resolution of the matter. To put your concerns at ease, I do not see disturbing your roots as amicable." He shrugged his shoulder with a coy grin, "Want to change my mind?"

Blood Hunt:

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A subtle nod is offered as Jacque speaks of the Prince and her demeanor. It was witnessed several times and Lenora knew his assessment was correct.

"Ah, yes,"
    she says recalling the agreement. He was right of course and his approach had been the correct one. As difficult as it could be to accept, Lenora knew she had to admit that she was the one at fault. It was only prudent and also highly necessary.

"The fault is my own,"
    Lenora says, repeating her ownership of the mistake, "You need not trouble yourself with shouldering such responsibility on my account. I can assure you I am made of sturdier substance than I appear. Your approach was a wise one, it was mine that was blind."

So began the first agenda of their little gathering.

"It is not within my want to force anything upon you, Whip,"
    she said, "If you do not desire the burden of leadership, I will not visit it upon you. Instead, I will weather my mistake and return to my role to cultivate what I can for our family. However, if you do, it is best that we discuss the matter to reach a mutual understanding and agreement."

A pause.

"What resolution do you propose?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread