Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(2004) Three's A Crowd

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Apr 2, 2020 : (2004) Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"You are never an interruption Your Grace." Alice says, as Twist draws close. The Doll bows, strings pulled and jerking. " Dirt Nap and I were simply speaking of his work."

Turing now towards the Gangrel, "I do not believe that I have ever hear you speak thus, Dirt Nap." Knowing, like Twist that she hadn't heard him say but a few words in the nights that they had attended Court, as well as the Verdant Equinox, "I am glad that you are still able to work with horses. From your passion, it seems to me that if you were not able to, it would be a sad time for you." she says, words twisting with their hollow mockery. She does note, however, that the gangrel's blood is thin enough that he can still feed from the animals he loves.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap seems startled from his subject of his passion by Twist's approach and winsome introduction, saying she hopes she's not interrupting, as if reluctant to break something rare and delicate. Or maybe it's just that it's hard to look away once he's looked up and directly at Twist, whether because she is so much more stunning than he's realized, or because, like prey in a viper's gaze, he's hypnotized before a superior predator.

"Well." Dirt Nap says, staring at Twist.

Then, looking just a little from her face, perhaps a few inches to the right, he says, "I am sorry, Your Grace. I have been known to go on a bit when I get asked about my work, or religion, if it seems to interest someone." He says. "It's been a minute since that happened, most I've talked to in the past seem to have moved on, and I spend most my time with animals, otherwise, and they don't care a whit what I have to say, only what I do." He explains himself.

Looking belatedly back to Alice Hart, Dirt Nap answers, "I appreciate that, Ma'am, Seneschal, Priscus Hart."

He pauses as if in remembering other times and places. Then he answers again, "I never seem to miss the opportunity to work with 'em, one way or the other." Dirt Nap says. "I've wandered a bit, and always found someone needing a hand with their animals, and whatever I am doing to help, even just mucking out stalls, I always seem to end up training 'em along the way."

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It seems you the Fate's favour Dirt Nap, to be so blessed. I would have thought in modern nights that the opportunities to for a horse trainer would be limited." She tilts her head, strings loose on one side, and taut on the other, "Though now with the small number of people who know how to train horses and other animals, besides, might you find your time to be in higher demand?" Asks Alice.

"Is it only horses you work with?" she asks, wondering if she could continue to get the gangrel to talk, it was of some curiosity to hear a voice she really didn't know. The enunciation, the cadence....eventually, it could be hers....

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A small smile flirts with Twist's face briefly as Dirt Nap looks and then very clearly doesn't look her way, but she doesn't tease him for it.

"I am a Daeva, you will find no need to apologize to me about passion." It was almost a weakness of her clan after all.

Past that comment though, she found she had little to truly add. She hadn't been around a horse in years long past being worth counting. Not that she wasn't interested in what he had to say, she was. Definitely more so that having to acknowledge the scene playing out between Ale, Edward and Mable. So it was that she listened to Alice's questions, and turned to hear him answer with interest.

8. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently to Alice Hart as she claims blessed providence for his being always able to find work. Fair enough assessment it seems to him. He smiles at her first question about demand and chuckles, "Well, Ma'am, Seneschal, Priscus Hart," Dirt Nap says slowly and softly.

"I heard of someone saying once, 'It's amazing what you can get done if you don't much care to take the credit.' or something long those lines." He says. "Since I keep a low profile, and don't care for the credit for the training, I sometimes get jobs from horse trainers themselves who are too busy to train a horse, but not too busy to take the money and the credit for the job, or from people who have a trainer and don't want their trainer to know they're getting extra help with their horse." He explains.

"I don't ask questions or write anything down, so I don't know for sure, but I am of the thought more than one official mounted police have asked me to train their horse up a bit for them without their official trainers knowing about it, for example. Anyhow, getting work isn't my trouble. If I have a problem, it's more along the lines of avoiding 'helpful' types of folks who want to make me better known for my work. It's a lot easier working with the type who aren't so ethical and are glad to take the credit for my work for themself."

At Alice Hart's second question, Dirt Nap looks towards--but not directly at--Twist, to gauge whether he's interfering with her intentions or being tedious.

"That's mighty fine and understanding of you, Your Grace." He says when she assures him that she is alright with him indulging his passion for talking about his work.

"Well, I can work with other animals, sure." Dirt Nap says slowly. "I like the horses best, because they aren't like me, but I learn the most from them." He explains. "Training a predator would be easier, dogs and such. The thing is, a horse is pure physical, maybe a bit like my Clan. I don't so much teach a horse a trick it didn't know before. I work with a horse to change it from being what it is to being something more. I mean, a horse is a big, herd, prey animal prone to spook and run at anything and to test where it stands in the herd by pushing on and nipping and bullying any other herd around whenever it can."

Dirt Nap pauses, "I apologize for going on; it's a sight easier to do and show than to describe. Take plastic bags for example. A horse will spook at the rustle noise from one and bolt or throw a rider. I take the horse and tie it short and rustle a bag right up on it, and don't let it pull away. After a bit, it will stop trying to pull away, just for a second. I let up on the rustling the second the horse seems to accept it, even a little. After a day or so, the horse stops spooking at the rustle. It never will again. It's not so much trained, as changed." Dirt Nap explains.

"Now a dog, I can train it to ignore a gunshot easy as pie, with a reward for doing something, but if it gets a different owner that doesn't praise it for the same things, it will quit doing it. It's trained, not changed. It will go back to the way it was if it stops getting rewarded by praise or whatnot." He explains.

"My personal aim is to be like the horse, to change in a way that is part of me, not something I will forget if I sleep too long or just stop practicing."

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"No, please continue to go on. I have not heard your voice so much within Elysium, and without to be honest. Though perhaps that is, in part, my fault." Alice hadn't approached him before, and she hadn't met him outside of Court. "This might be my attempt to rectify it."

Alice considers, "You are a Dragon, yes?" she waits, "It is not a surprise to hear that you wish for change," his understanding of the Greater Mysteries has been clouded of course, Kindred Science, if only he had Faith.

"I had not considered the different between prey and predator when it comes to training, or change, as it were. My assumption was that it is the same for all animals." she says, considering the hounds, Ale's and Dirge's. What would they be like without their masters? "But I've never worked with them, not really, I hadn't the...aptitude, nor desire, though now..." she trails off, shaking her head, jerking and awkward.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiles, "I am not sure that I would be able to keep a low profile when dealing with a passion," she said honestly.

At his repeated apology, she waved a hand, dismissing the need for such.

An eyebrow lifted, "A Dragon?" When he had mentioned religion, she had thought perhaps that he meant the beliefs of the Lancea Sanctum. "I can imagine that your work blends well with your beliefs then no?"

Glancing to Alice as she spoke, she nodded in agreement. In regards to working with animals at least. She still recalled an evening in a park that was all about training and predators.

"Until now?" she echoed faintly, "What would you work with if you had the choice Seneschal?"

14. Likes , Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I am, Ma'am, Seneschal, Priscus Hart," Dirt Nap admits when Alice Hart suggests his Order. "I find being a Dragon isn't so much agreeing on things as I might have thought. For me, my study is all I concern myself with, well, plus trying to return a kindness to them that show it." He says. "For myself, I restrict my experiments strictly to experimenting on myself. I think my Clan tends to set out my approach as much or maybe more than my Order." Dirt Nap muses softly. "The Order itself demands complete loyalty, and it also holds up a student's specific goal and method and their own reasons for it as something that nothing and no one should interfere with, so...it's an interesting thing to work out day by day."

Dirt Nap is silent as Alice Hart speculates on the nature of various animals and the possible benefits of her trying her hand at training them. He's said enough about what he gets out of it and shouldn't presume about anyone else.

Dirt Nap listens to Twist carefully as she says that a low profile wouldn't be likely for her, at least when 'dealing with a passion', unsure exactly what she means, but sensing her sincerity. He doesn't nod, but listens respectfully, taking it as a warning of sorts. He notes her dismissing of his apology; possibly she is beginning to find it tedious. Then she asks about his experience as a Dragon.

"Well. Your Grace." Dirt Nap says, nodding thoughtfully, "I supposed it's natural enough to try to suit what a person does to what a person has an ability to do. I was a Dragon before I started working with animals. I found out then, it worked for me pretty well. I think my studies as a Dragon are helped by my working with animals, and my actual relations with other Dragons aren't so much." He confesses.

"I don't mean that anyone has a problem with me doing it, just that it might seem to others like an unusual way of going about it. I guess I have had less of an interest in what seemed to others like the more practical things. Things that would build up the Order more directly."

Dirt Nap looks intently at Alice Hart when Twist asks her what kind of animal she might work with; he is interested in the question and answer himself.

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice laughs, it is an achingly hollow sound, her smile wide and mocking. Wrapped in her Curse, as Twist makes her small confession. "It would be a knives edge for you, yes?" she asks, "The Succbi are not known to fall silent whenever something they are passionate about comes into focus."

His Covenant affiliation had been relayed to her, of course, though she wonders if the up tilt that hinted a questioning tone from the Archon was because she hadn't known, or if it was for devious affect.

"How does one...experiment on ones self?" she asks, artificial in her curiosity.

Her head shakes, strings pulling and lolling. "I mean that, when. Hmm. In that warehouse, with Dirge, while I was being eaten by her hounds, I had a hysterical thought that I wanted one of my own, and when I reawaken and return, Her Grace the Prince has her Cain, and now I am wondering if my thought was so hysterical as I assumed."

18. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

...trying to return a kindness to them that show it. For a moment Twist wondered how well Ale got along with her cousins. With that statement it seemed that of the three, their Prince was the one who didn't fit the profile.

But Dirt Nap and Alice continue and Twist's thoughts are quickly pulled away from the grouping of Ale, Mable and Dirt Nap. With her hollow laugh, Alice's words are sharp and cutting but Twist forces her own laugh, a warm counter-point of emotion to the emptiness of hers. After all, the Seneschal was not wrong and she herself had said so but moments before. "No, we are not. What good is a passion if one cannot actually be passionate?" She teased, her voice stressing the words and pulling them into innuendo and suggestion.

But then her teasing was set aside, "You did not start working with animals until after you were a Dragon?" Twist's voice was surprised and it reflected on her face. "I am sorry, I am not trying to be rude, I am just ... surprised that this is not something you did before."

And maybe it was a good thing she already was surprised because the fact that he then went on to say not only that he wasn't on fantastic terms with his covenant mates but that he was not actively building it in the city. Well, it was good for the Invictus of course, so she wasn't upset to hear it. But usually one did not say such things. In Court no less. Though, it was odd that despite these statements, she knew no other Dragon. Likely there were some in the nameless masses, but for all their supposed work, only he stood talking with the Seneschal.

And then, for all the teasing and laughter from before, now she was all seriousness. As was appropriate for the memory of the night Alice spoke of. "I would say that it was not," she said softly.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

20. Likes , Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread