Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ATCEB) Follow Up

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm an Initiate of Prime, and a Disciple of Mind, if the latter will help," she volunteered the information.

"The will of Archmagi is unknowable. Who knows why they set the Clock here in this time period? Maybe we'll glean a clue or two? Shall we get started?" Naga looked among the gather Awakened questioningly.

The Ladder's gaze lingered briefly on Pixel's eye-rolling towards Skye. Apparently the irritation continued.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A confused look to Skye, “Uhh, thanks?” though what that had to do with the Clock she didn’t know.

“Oh, I’m not against it. I just like to know why we’re doing something. I don’t particularly have fond memories of this thing.” Then a shrug, “Useful information to have.” But were they supposed to know? Fate might not be her thing, but she still believed in it.

A shake of her head, Prime wasn’t her area of study.

Back to Pixel, “I don’t believe that at all. Everything happens for a reason. We were supposed to have the Clock to attempt to stop certain things from happening. I’m just weary as hell about it.” He didn’t understand, and she didn’t expect him to. “I assume the worst because I’ve seen the worst. I’ve seen friends die going back in time from this thing. So I think I’m allowed to be a bit untrusting.” Not like it fucked up his life. “And if I wasn’t game for looking into it, I would have said and walked away.” Again, she wanted to know the reasons.

“I’m a Master of Life and a Disciple of Spirit.”
    Those were the only ones she was sharing. "I'm ready if you guys are."

3. Likes Abyssalstar, Xander liked this post
    Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Honing the form, str+3 (pot4)
    Gain skill brawl +2 (pot3)
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

Placing her arrows in her quiver, bow in hand she was ready for danger should it arrive, the carrying case back on her back.

"Sadly none of those are arcana I am proficient in nor do I believe that any of my arcana seem unique here, however I am mainly here to aid if danger arrives."

The rolling of eyes nor what they thought of her seemed to matter very little to her, things were still going in a manner she found favorable as such there were little to no need to change anything for the time being.

Calmly standing by waiting for them to be ready to move.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx looks around. "The fact is we don't know why it was left here. The clock has done several things without our prompting, for purposes we never truly understood. That makes it hard to put trust in their unknown plans, Pixel. We cannot always assume people have our best interests at heart." She shrugs. "Still, the only way to try and learn more is by experimenting."

"I can bestow Supernal Sight on any that wish," she adds. "Otherwise I suppose we should begin."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

They could justify it however they wanted but the fact remained they wouldn't even scrutinize the thing without a full conversation laying out every angle of possibility and a demand for a full explanation of why. 'This is a bad idea' or 'we need to be careful of that' plus 'I need to know the other thing first'. They're mages who can't even scrutinize without a spiel about caution and danger. It's like being told you're going on an adventure but you have to go with Buzz Killington.

"So no one needs matter sight then?" He's backing towards the door. It's been this Libertine's ten and the tummy is rumbling. "No further questions? All good?"

All smiles on this end. The information is transferred. People who wanted to talk about doing things could talk about doing things all they want. This little Libertine scrutinized already, so it's out to lunch.

Unless stopped Pixel exits the scene.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga watched Pixel depart, finding it odd that he just pawned this task off onto them and left.

"Alright, so if we can find something of this ritual leader in the Clock that can be used for spatial sympathy, we can just pass that information on to Pixel and be done with this. Let him scry for an archmagus. Shall we go start our studies?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

At least Phoenyx got it. She wasn’t against looking at it, but she wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.

“Likewise, if someone wishes to look though Life. But I think we all have a wide variety and should be able to get something done.” What good it would do? She still wasn’t sure. But she was here.

Wait, he was leaving? Bring them here, talk about the Clock, then leave?

“If he doesn’t want to be here to help, then why does it get the information first? If it was Winter who was originally looking into it, I’m more apt to share it with him. I don’t like being called in for something only to have the one who kicked it off to leave.” Shaking her head, “But, whatever. Sure, lets get started.”

Striking looks
    (Alluring)
    Presence
    (Calming)
    Dexterity
    (Flawless movement)
    Skye

Nimbus:
    A flowering of wildflowers accompanied by their scent and the sounds of a calm wind dancing over the sea. The more vulgar the spells, the meaner the magic the stronger the winds, the flowers blooming only to quickly decay and spread the scent of death with them.
    Appearance

Standing 152.4cm tall, her hair color changing on a regular basis, usually braided but not always.

Her body seemingly quite petite and small but upon closer inspection so is it unexpectedly sturdy, her left arm well trained with more defining muscles than her right arm.

Rarely seen without an armguard and archer glove on her left hand.

Each and every movement always precise, rarely if ever wasting any more effort than needed to achieve her desired result.
    Equipment
    Battle

+1
    SL
    PRE

Spells
    Honing the form, str+3 (pot4)
    Gain skill brawl +2 (pot3)
    Organic Resilience 2E monthly pot2

A shake of her head as Pixel leaves, wasn't he the one leading this operation oh well who cares.

She was armed and ready and should it come to it so did she have access to at least one way to view things no one had mentioned but she didn't see any reason to tell anyone of that for now at least.

Standing still waiting for the rest to move, she had no words she needed to add, nothing else than to follow along and be ready to guard and aid where she was needed but other than that she had no other obvious goals.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Four mages take the time to study the Clock with limited results.

Life reveals little, for the Clock is not a living thing. As does Spirit, for the Clock is not reflected there.

Death implies the pain of the Clock's past and the cost of its creation.

Matter reveals the Clock is embedded in the fabric of the Circle but is not of the Circle.

Forces suggests the Clock might still be active in some fashion, for great energy is bound to it in an unceasing, never ending, circle.

The creator of the Clock left a great and terrible Aura - a signature imprint of an Awakened great with power. A legendary Archmage. But no matter what tricks they try, they are no longer able to track or trace them.

Whoever created the Clock has left the city; maybe even the Fallen World. And whatever secrets they had have gone with them.

Apologies for the mix-up. This plot is now closed.

11. Likes Xander, Abyssalstar, Xadun liked this post
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread