After exchanging texts with Elanah, Konstantin heads to the wooded part of the William Pond Recreational Area, which he favors for private meetings with other kindred. With the park closed, it is quiet and isolated this time of night, and it is about as close to nature as one can get within Sacramento.

He sits atop a picnic table, whittling with his Bowie knife while wondering what Elanah wanted to speak about. She'd said it was a matter of urgency.

Elanah gets out of the car and walks over to the meeting location. She looks back to the car to see if Max was going to be joining her. She was worried that the Savage Priscus would not help her or listen to reason, He is the Priscus of Savages... She continues walking until getting within line of site of Konstantin, "Hello Sir Hound."

*Max follows behind, but stays well back from the Gangrel setting on the table. This was Elanah's matter; and he had to respect the rules of decorum even if he wanted to be there to lend moral support. He does, however, activate his Heightened Senses, hoping to catch the conversation. He turns his back to the two Kindred, cocking his head to the side to listen with one ear as he leans against one of the trees.*

"Hello, Elanah," He says, standing and sheathing his knife. "Max," he says, nodding at him as well. Konstantin wears black jeans, heavy hiking boots a red and black flannel shirt over a black t-shirt and a black leather long coat covering it all.

"What did you wish to discuss?" he asks.

"I ... " She pauses looking at the ground. Uncertain of what will happen. her fear is prevalent on her face. This is a side of Elanah Konstantin has never seen before. "You and I have become friends, yes?"

Konstantin kept his face neutral, but Elanah's words put him on edge. Over the course of his Requiem, he'd learned that for a vampire to speak of friendship in such terms was rarely a good sign.

*Max nods at the Russian vampire, but says nothing. His usually smiling face is slack and fallen; his thin arms crossed over his chest. He's content to stand to the side for now.*

"I do not use the word 'friend' lightly," Konstantin replies. "But, yes, I think we are becoming friends. Do you need help with something, Elanah?"

"More then you know," she says quietly. "I need your help. We need to alert the Prince and Reeve of a possible threat to both the Prince and the Prince's Realm."

"Alright," Konstantin says, nodding. "Tell me about this threat, and how you came to learn of it."

She looks in the eyes of the Russian, "I was supposed to be that threat." she admits to Konstantin.

Konstantin tenses up in response to Elanah's words, calling upon the power of his blood. He didn't think Elanah meant to attack, but he hadn't survived as long as he had by being too trusting.

"Explain what you say," Konstantin says, maintaining a calm but serious expression.

"I was sent to America to kill a man. His name was Oswald." She explains, "I tracked him to Sacramento and killed him, along with three gang members. I reported in to my Sire, letting him know the job was done. He instructed me to stay and to become close with the Ordo Dracul." She pauses waiting to see if Konstantin responds...

Konstantin considers her words for a bit before replying. "Do you know why your Sire wanted this man Oswald killed, or why he wanted you to get close to the Dragons?"

Elanah looks at the Russian, "Oswald was punished for theft of my Ex-Masters property. A substantial collection of diamonds. As far as why he wanted me to get close to the Ordo Dracul, I can only speculate and assume it has something to do with Prince Clark's recent defection to The Dragons."

Konstantin nods. "So, you came here as an assassin. Have you been an assassin in the past as well? And have you killed any Kindred?"

Elanah says, "You know I was an assassin for the Israeli government. Yes I have killed Kindred before, By order of my sire."

"Have you killed Kindred here, in Sacramento? Was this Oswald kindred or kine?"

"I have never killed any of our people in Prince Clarke's Domain. Oswald was kine, a banker or an accountant or something." Elanah explains.

Konstantin nods. "And this has not attracted attention, so you maintained Masquerade." By his tone of voice, Konstantin seems not too concerned about Oswald's death.

He studies Elanah closely. "So, you came here as an assassin, by order of your Sire. You have been ordered to get close to the Ordo Dracul. You have not been told to assassinate anyone there, but you expect that would be why your Sire gave this order. You suspect this has something to do with the Prince leaving the Invictus and becoming a Dragon. This is all correct?"

"Knowing my Sire and his lust for control and Power, Yes sir I would say this is all correct." Elanah says now standing in a military at ease position.

Konstantin nods, thinking. A potential threat to the Prince, from outside the Domain. And possibly another threat to the Prince, standing right in front of Konstantin. He then meets Elanah's eyes.

"I have many questions. I am going to ask, but it is likely others will ask same questions. I warn you to be honest in answering them."

"I am at your disposal Sir. I just asked that when I am put to death either you or Max carry it out." She states matter of factually with no fear of death in her voice.

Konstantin nods and says, matter-of-factly, "If I believe you present a threat to the Prince, I will indeed kill you. Of what Covenant is your Sire, and does he have any sort of compulsion or vinculum over you?"

"He claimed to be a follower of Lord Dracula. Any compulsions? No, none that I am aware of."

*Max has stood silent this entire time, letting the two have their conversations. He remains silent, but at Elanah's requested way to die; he grunts, as if punched in the gut. He turns away from the two, turning off his heightened sense of hearing; deciding he'd heard enough.

"Are you, or have you ever been, one of the Dragons?" Konstantin asks. "And, before he sent you here, did your Sire say anything about the Prince or the current state of the Covenants, or anything showing he had knowledge of this Domain?"

"I am not a Member of the Dragons. I requested Membership but I was sent on this mission before I could be approved or denied." She explained. "The Only thing he ever said to me was that the Domain i would be going to had been through alot of Turmoil recently. That is all."

Konstantin is silent again for a time. "What did you want to happen, by calling me, telling me these things?"

"My original plan was to go to the Reeve information I had but Max encouraged me to call you first. Probebly thinking you would be less likely to kill me outright and listen to what I had to say."
She got a small smile when saying Max's name.

"Reeve Culler is reasonable," Konstantin says. "But you did not answer my question. Why are you telling me these things?"

"Because I respect you, as a fellow soldier and as a warrior. You are also a reasonable man and you understand what it is like to follow orders. And to have to stand up against those orders when they are wrong."

"Do you still carry within you any loyalty to your Sire?" Konstantin asks.

"The only loyalty I have to him is one promise that I have to keep. And that is to kill him. I promised him when he gave me these," She turns around and lifts her shirt to show her scars. "That I would kill him. I keep my promises."

"Does he know of this promise, or that you are no longer loyal to him?" Konstantin asks.

"I told Him I would kill him when he scarred me, but that was several years ago. Yes he knows that I have cut my Puppet strings." Elanah says proudly.

"You have informed him of this?"

"Yes I called him on the phone he provided me. I told him that I would not be controlled by him anymore and snapped the cellphone in half and threw it in the river. That was shortly before I reached out to you."

Konstantin nodded. Though there were advantages to possibly having this Sire think her still in his employ, there was nothing to be done with that now. "What else do you have to tell me about all this?" he asks.

"I have told you everything."
Elanah says with honesty in her eyes. She stands at attention now. Her chest out, now that she is free there is no fear in her eyes. She is prepared for the stake.

Konstantin looks over at Max. "Does he have any part in this, your Sire, why you were sent here?"

*Max shakes his head, walking closer to the two other Kindred* No, my Sire has been dead for many years. I came here of my own volition. The only reason I'm involved with this is because Elanah and I... I mean, we've.... She... *He sighs, hanging his head and resting it in his left palm* It's complicated... *He says softly*

Konstantin simply nods. Her request regarding her death, his presence here, his reluctance to admit to obvious emotions... explaining such things was only complicated to those who insisted on making the matter complicated.

"Go now, Max," Konstantin says, his tone of voice firm but not the least bit critical or hostile. "You being part of what happens now, this will truly be complicated."

As you wish, Priscus... *Max nods, turning to leave. He pauses just long enough to look to Elanah; his eyes meeting hers. The look is equal parts fear, concern, and "Please don't fuck this up". He doesn't speak a word as he turns and leaves, making his way quickly to the parked BMW. A few minutes after he's out of sight, the two Kindred hear the engine roar to life and fade into the night.

He then turns to Elanah, meeting his eyes with hers. "I will need to speak with the Prince, and bring you before him or to another he designates. The manner in which I bring you to him will be up to him, unless you make an unwise choice. Then I will bring you to him in torpor, and things would not go so good for you. You understand, yes?"

"Yes Sir, I understand sir." Elanah says. Elanah can feel nervousness in her normally ice water veins. "I will be where you order me to be"

Konstantin nods to Elanah. He would like to offer some words of comfort, but he has none which he can offer in confidence. He knows Prince Clarke to be a reasonable man, and one who respects honestly and self-determination, but he also knows the Prince is all too aware that he and the Domain seemingly have enemies on all sides. But he can offer praise, and does so.

"Right now, you will remain here, beside me, while I contact the Prince. You did the right thing, bringing this to me. Also, you show great bravery, enough to do a Gangrel proud." If only he could be completely certain there was not some treachery beneath her words and behavior, perhaps not even of her own but rather that of her Sire and the covenant he represented. Konstantin's experience with the Ordo Dracul during World War II had taught him just how devious and treacherous some Dragons could be, even by Kindred standards.

He then takes out his cell phone to contact the Prince...