Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

One of the great things about a central location for the Circle of Creation was that it was very easy to access the city centre.

Phoenyx and Aurora had promised they would go out together, and try and relax away from all the stresses of Awakened life.

So, the Arrow had picked out something nice to wear and arranged to meet her at a cocktail bar a few blocks over.

And if they met anyone else? She didn't care. This was a night off. The Arrow felt like she had earned it. Nobody cared what she did as long as it toed the line. So she may as well have a little fun within those lines.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Cocktail bar. To the Shaman, it sounded like a fancy bar. Meaning, she needed to put in a little effort into what she wore.

So she went with a light tan fitted suit she had. Though she decides against a shirt underneath, spice things up a bit. Or something like that. Dressy but fun.

Walking in, she was more than a little surprised to Phoenyx in a dress! And a nice one at that.

“I might be under-dressed.” She says approaching the Arrow, “But that’s a nice dress on you.”

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Pink tinges the Arrow's cheeks. "Sorry. I wanted to dress up. I like your suit!" She looks a little closer. "You're not wearing a shirt!" she says with shocked look. She never would have thought of that.

On the table there's already a tall empty glass. Looks like Phoenyx has started early.

"Can I get you a drink? I am taking your advice and be completely off duty! Do you like long island iced tea? They're really good!" She smiles, happy to see Autota.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman’s eyes widen and she looks down, panicked, “Oh no! I knew I forgot something!” she exclaims, then looks to the Arrow and smirks. “Just messing with you, I wanted to try something different.” Smoothing the jacket.

Sitting down, “Seems you’ve gotten started.” She observes. "Might need to catch up." and she orders a shot of rum.

“Oh. Great!” she didn’t think her advice was that good, but good for Phoenyx. “Long island iced tea? Been a while since I’ve had one of those, so why not!” did she even remember what went into them? Not that it mattered. “Do they come in pitchers? Could just get a pitcher of it.” Would be easier.

“So how’ve you been?”

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Easy access to the city centre to the Circle, is it? Small wonder, then, that the recently arrived Silver Ladder had found her way to this bar. Clad in a lacy red and white cocktail dress (because what else do you wear for cocktails?), Naga already had a drink in one hand. It appeared to be a brandy sour.

Spotting the Arrow and the Mystagogue - not difficult given how they stood out among the Sleepers, especially with Phoenyx in that dress - she smiled and casually strolled over to the pair.

"Good evening, ladies. I hope I'm not disturbing some private night out?" she inquired.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx does start to look shocked, only to see the smirk. Then she leers with an easier smile.

"I wanted it to be easier to talk. It's hard. Talking to people. But I found that with some drinks it's easier. Which is good!" She says. "I think they do come in pitchers. Should we get one? I can get one!"

Her face falls at the question. "Not great. Or. Maybe better. I think Mr Winters is unhappy following a site visit some friends and I did a few weeks ago. He didn't like my debrief. He can be quite. Um. Severe. But I made the right choices, I think, at the time. Hang on, let me get some drinks."

She wanders to the bar, coming back with the promised pitcher of Long Island Iced Tea and immediately starts pouring a glass for herself and one for Aurora. "Seeing my ex-boyfriend is still weird. I don't like it because it's weird. Sometimes it's fine and others...." The Arrow sighs, shrugging.

Then the new face. Or, more notable, the arcane sigils floating around the new face. Phoenyx noticeably tenses at the unknown mage. "Ummm... no?" she says uncertainly. It would be rude to say anything else, right? "I don't think we met properly before. You were being swarmed by everyone in the meeting. It happens a lot with a new face. I'm Alice. What was your name again?" She offers a hand. "I run our local archery club. Do you like Iced tea? Would you like one?" She waves to the pitcher. Maybe she would be less self conscious if everyone was drinking. Maybe.

It seemed that Phoenyx could be chatty when she wanted to be. Or maybe it was just the small lean person plus strong alcohol combination.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking up from her shot, she sees the charming woman from the Circle. Names were a bit new, so she wasn’t completely sure of the name, but she still offers a smile.

“Not at all, join us.” Then holds a hand out, “I’m Madison by the way, don’t think we were properly introduced.” i.e. Sleeper names.

She focuses back on Phoenyx, “Well, drinks have been known to do that. And yes! A pitcher! Less interruptions if we don’t have to keep ordering refills.” True story.

Then a chuckle, Mr Winters. That was way too entertaining to her. “Severe? I guess? I’ve never had a bad run in with him, always had pleasant conversations.” A shrug. “But he is dedicated to what he does and knows his shit.” No denying that.

With the drinks at the table, she downs her shot, then takes a sip of the long island iced tea. “I know it doesn’t seem it, but it will get easier with time. You focus on you and showing him all he is missing out on.” A quick wink.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga smiled and took a seat, "Thank you. You can call me Valerie, or just Val." She shook the Obrimos' offered hand, and gestured with the full glass in her hand. "Thanks, but I've got my own for now. Perhaps after I finish this?" She then shook Aurora's hand.

"Mr. Winters does seem rather... intense." And paranoid. An eyebrow quirked upwards, "Ex troubles? That wouldn't be Mr. Winters, would it?" He seems a tad old for Phoenyx, but she'd seen bigger age gaps in couples.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

12. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The Arrow cocks her head at Aurora's laugh. "What's so funny?" she asked, slightly worried. Talking in code was a pain. "I understand that, and I can see it. But I suppose anyone is testy with people bringing them bad news or more work, and I had to do both." She sighs, and sucks on the straw. Long Islands had to have straws. "Shouldn't he know what he's missing from when we were dating? I know what I'm missing..." she mutters on the end, sullenly.

She tries for a smile with 'Val', and manages, though her tension isn't very hidden. Suddenly her dark eyes go round like saucers. "What? No! He's.... I mean..." She looks frantically to Aurora for help. What did you do when people suggested things like that? "I respect him. But he's really... um... not my type?" she finishes lamely, still looking to the Thyrsus for support. She hadn't imagined getting involved in her love life with a Mage she hadn't even been properly introduced with.

Wait, this happened with Morgan, too. What did she do then?

Ah yes. ​Shhlurrrp.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Well, pleased to meet you Val.” Holding up her own drink. "How's the city treating you?"

A nod, “Ok, I can see that.” He could be intense. And then she said it, and the Shaman nearly choked on her iced tea. Coughing, she then giggles. “Uh, not that I know of. He strikes me as the type to be more interested in his work than dating.” A shrug, “But, I don’t know him that well, just an observation.” Only really talked with him a handful of times.

“Just hearing him called Mr Winters is funny. A hundred bucks if you use that at the next meeting. Hell, I’ll even throw in some drinks.” The entertainment factor was too much on that one. “And yeah, I’d probably be a bit cranky if anyone only brought me more work and bad news.” It was nice to not have to worry about work. “Well he should. But he’s a boy, and boy’s are, well,” a pause, a sip, “dumb. They don’t always catch on to things, and they mature slower than girls.” That was a fact.

Oh, she see’s the look, and just sips her own drink, curious as to how the Arrow will handle it. This was like the whole pushing someone in the pool to help them learn to swim thing. This was her allowing Phoenyx to sink or swim. And she flails, like a fish out of water. But, it could have been worse.

Looking to Naga, “Again, I think he’s more into his work than the dating scene.” He was cute, in that weird intense way. But way into his work. “Plus, why would you think him? For all we know it could be some random guy she found on Tinder.” Another shrug and sip. This was fun.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread