Ritual Application and Instruction

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Cole Volker

Mien is dull grey skin with seemingly molten veins, runes are barely carved
    Summer Mantle 1

PRE

Given that their tribe had gained several new members recently, Nathaniel thought it might be beneficial to pool ritual knowledge together- as well as provide basic instructions and offer services for some of those that weren't capable of performing them.

Clothing and articles that could be dedicated, snippets of knowledge to share, Talens to prioritize- and a chance to socialize and get to know one another better.

It would take place in Emily's garage- everyone seemed to meet there nowadays. Most people seemed familiar with it.

Simple social scene, with a ritual twist! Just as the description says. If anyone needs clothing dedicated, or a space where one might learn how to perform a certain rite, this is the place.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily lays on the sofa, munching some chips and dip and nursing an enormous mug of coffee. It was another long day, but people were coming over.

She had her ritual gear in a box, and had cleared space in the garage to run things.

Now she lay in wait like.... well, not really a predator, more like a sloth. Yeah. Lying in wait like a sloth with coffee and chips.

Crunch.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel walked in, his bag and notes in hand. Despite his increasing proficiency in rites, there were some he had still neglected to learn- those that could serve useful.

"Hey sis. How's the garage?..." The crescent hoped she'd managed the paperwork easily enough. "Ah- I wanted to dedicate some spare clothes, and I figured it would be a good chance to teach others about this kinda stuff? We could also pool resources, see what we can learn- I've almost exhausted my teacher's old ramblings." The crescent set the bag down, pulling out those basic resources. A lighter, a bowl, incredibly cheap bits of chiminage, ritual chalk, the usual.

"I've been meaning to learn how to heal others- and I think I remember you mentioning that once?" With their growing numbers, having another healer on hand couldn't hurt.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Coming into the apartment smells strongly of scented candles. Orange and cranberry. Also cigarette smoke.

Emily's eyes lazily roll up towards Nate, and fix him with a cold stare. "Oh, so you're just walking into my home now. That's fine. You wanna gamble on finding me butt naked? Fine. That one will be on you, Romeo. You catch catch anyone else here naked? I will remove your balls so completely they never grow back. We clear?" Emily sounds testy.

She sits up slowly. After taking a long, slow drink of coffee, she looks up. "Sorry. Um. Just remember, the Rite of Healing isn't a catch-all. It can fix silver wounds, which is it's biggest draw. Um... could you grab me the bar of chocolate out of the fridge?"

The Crescent pulls the blanket around her. "What you got in your book, Nate? See if there's something you can teach me?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's lashing out at Nathaniel was unexpected, and caught him offguard. Was... Everything alright? Had he done something wrong?

"Emily? Are you ok?.... Can I help?" Her warning stuck in the back of his mind, but was otherwise filed away. He seemed genuinely taken aback by her words. Maybe she was just tired? Things had been pretty hectic lately... "Um- I'm sorry that I stopped being around for a time... Things got busy, and I... Yeah." He rubbed the back of his head, then tried to focus on the Ritual matters.

"Right. I just- I'm not sure what we might encounter. I want to be prepared for the worst." He was unsure how he'd handle that situation, seeing someone wounded by silver. He himself had never suffered such a blow from their many enemies.

Nathaniel laid down his notes, diagrams for circles and steps to the rites. "My teacher was big on the seasonal stuff- I have his notes on them, but only grasped them recently. I'm still trying to pick up the Summer Rite- it would be useful to perform before facing our foes..." The power it granted participants was very potent. "I also know the Fetish Rite-" He held his Protective Charm, his first and only Fetish. He'd been lucky to manage to make it at all. "I can also bind the spirits, appease them with chiminage, and uncover their bans." Though with two crescents in the pack the last one was unlikely to be needed.

"Umm... Aside from that, I know the basics- dedications, brands, calling gafflings, funerals..." the usual stuff. "What about you?" He pulled out a fresh page and pen to write.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a heavy sigh. "Nate, I've always tried to make people feel welcome here. But this is my home. I don't just wander into your apartment without knocking. There are boundaries, man. You can help by grabbing that chocolate out of the fridge."

Emily holds her coffee, enjoying it's warmth. "Look, Nate.... I have a girlfriend, okay? I just don't want people coming in as they like! We all have our own lives as well as the pack. You had to go, I get that. It's okay. And I'm here for any of us, just, like, I also have my own life too, okay?"

She pulls the blanket around herself a little tighter. "I never learned the seasonal Rites. We were a small pack with Loci. Essense wasn't a big problem." she listens to the list of Rites. "Bleeds Well and I were looking at making some fetishes. I never learned chiminage. My teacher called it a 'crutch'. Jerk. Uncovering Bans might be useful? I can to the range of sumoning, binding, banishing people and spirits, my communication bird...." She begins tighting them off on her fingers. "Talens, dedication, branding... Oh, and my spirit car." She shrugs. "I've been at this a while."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh! Luna Above, right... he had just walked in hadn't he? "Right- I understand. Sorry. Let me grab that..." He quickly grabs the goods out of the fridge and hands it over. "Besides the Tur, this was the closest to a spot people were familiar with. I'll... Look for a better spcae in the future?" If he learned the Warding Gifts, he might be able to establish a space in a remote area.

Onto rituals. "The seasonal rites aren't easy to learn, but they're... Simple? I can share my notes on them if you'd like." They were all there- all it took was someone experienced enough in Rituals to successfully apply them.

As for Fetishes. "...But we don't have a lot of clout with the spirits to make Fetishes- the one around my neck was made under the best possible circumstances, and the spirit inside isn't powerful. If you and Bleeds Well are going to get serious about making Fetishes... Outside of ideal circumstance... You already know we'll probable need to garner more favor from spirits." Which, funnily enough, the chiminage rite could help with. "Your mentor sounds kind of like a proud bastard. Crutch or not, our situation isn't ideal- it's a simple rite to perform, and it makes it easier to deal with spirits. I could probably teach it in a day. We could go around the city finding the particular spirits you guys want to work with?" He used it often enough. "It would be a start..."

Then onto the ban rite. Oh right- she wanted to know so she could learn them. That's what he'd suggested. "The Ban rite is a Bone Shadow exclusive. Sorry, I shouldn't have brought that one up... It's easy to use, but dangerous- spirits don't like having their privacy invaded..." A nervous laugh at that. She starts rattling off her rites. It seems they knew most of one another's

"The communication bird might be useful? I could send you more notice before I decide to drop by?" A poor attempt at a joke. "And can you call jagglings? Wait no don't teach me that. What did you say about your spirit car?" He wasn't aware of a rite that worked specifically with vehicles; was it an Iron Master thing?

"You've been at this longer than me. I'm almost... Jealous?" That was the wrong word. "Or... Father Below, you've had more time. And had people to help, from the very start, that you could trust." That she'd then lost. Luna Above.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emilt unwraps the offered chocolate and takes an enormous bite, shrinking a little into the blanket. Chewing and swallowing, she takes a smaller bite before responding. "I don't mind doing the Rites here. I care about my territory. You wouldn't waltz into anyone else's house. I'm just asking for that same respect, okay? Now let's drop it. You fucked up, you've had your kicking, I'm gonna eat this candy bar and we can talk rituals."

"Maybe. If I can make time. And slow down, Speed Racer. Kit isn't even built yet. We need the vessel before we make the fetish proper." A pale arm snakes out of the blanket and plucks the coke can from the table. "Urgh. No, he just thought I needed to learn the hard way to appreciate the easy way, which backfired somewhat and we didn't talk for a few weeks." She waves a hand a the pack photo on the wall. One of the men, the smaller one without Emily's familial resemblance, was well into his greying years. "Kendall was a dick and a crochety old bastard, but he knew his shit about Spirits."

Another bite is taken of the candy bar. "So it's like a spirit push-up bra? Sure, that sounds handy. Fancy Bone Shadow things, huh? Where'd you pick that up?" She looks up and actually smiles. "I could teach you this miraculous new thing called texting. All the kids are doing it. See, you get your cellphone - you know, your cellphone - and type me a mesage so I can see when you're coming over. Amazing, Right?" Finally there's a bit of a twinkle back in her eyes. "I mostly learned the bird thing for Hector. And now Bleeds Well. And... Nikolai, I guess. People without phones or who want to be aloof assholes that think we need them way more than they need us." She shrugs. "Yes, I can, because I'm amazing, and no I won't because if I teach you I know you'll do it in your apartment or something and screw it up. But the car? It;s basically a hisil car. For speedy drives through the shadowlands. It's pretty fun! But good for one use only at a time. Leave the Spirit, lose the car."

There's a notable wince. The Blanket is tugged around her and another large bite is taken of the candy bar. It's nearly gone. "Mmmm.... Nate, I'm gonna be thirty next year. You already know how to make fetishes, something I learned last year. You're so keen on learning these obscure things when you really need to slow down and thing about how to apply them. You don't always have to leap for the spirit solution when the tech solution is better. And when I had people, I was almost a High-school drop-out. I didn't want to learn this stuff, until I turned.... well, your age, ish. Stop comparing yourself to everyone else, and focus the task at hand. What might happen. Speaking of, how did your Spring Rite go? Sorry I couldn't be there. Something came up for work."

9. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nathaniel nodded, understanding what she meant. He'd have to be more considerate in the future... "Right." Rite time.

A vessel? "Wait- if it's going to take time... Just what are you guys trying to build?" His little pawprint necklace hadn't taken but a few hours... "Whatever it is, I'd love to help! Or observe? Besides, with two people performing the rite things could go more smoothly." Especially if they were considering making what he thought they were.

Then more talk about her mentor. "Yeah I... Can relate there. I'm sorry." His mentor was probably still kicking. From the sounds of it..

Then on their rites. "Um... It's a... Tribe secret- not because I don't want to, I know how powerful knowing a ban can be but.." A scratch behind his shoulder. "The Tribe made deals with certain spirits to attain that kind of knowledge- secrets they sought out and powerful spirits they bargained with... For their use only." Secrets that only Bone Shadows were meant to know, and utilize. Even if he taught her, and that was a BIG if, they wouldn't work as well.

Then she brings up just texting, and shoos at her. "Alright, alright- I get it. But I still think it would be useful." Still, he was smiling- and so was she. Good things. And of course she agrees not to teach him how to call Jagglings. Probably dodging several twilight bullets there.

"A Hisil Car?? Is that an Iron masters method?" It sounded like the kind of thing they would do- Nathaniel didn't seem upset or jealous, more astonished if anything else.

Her sage advice was taken to heart. Nathaniel was still very young- while he may have the brands, and the experiences to prove them, they hadn't yet been tempered with age. He was still far too curious for his own good, chasing secrets that a more aware Shadow would have either known to scoff at or stray from... "Right- I'll.. Keep it in mind. The spring rite? Oh, well-" Another wince on her end. His brow furrowed- what was wrong?...

"Emily? Sis? Are you ok? Are you hurt??" It had to have been serious if their regenerative abilities couldn't cover it. He immediately started rattling off potential causes- silver, spiritually induced sicknesses, and the like... "Is there anything else I can do? Oh dear-" He was starting to fuss at the terrible possibilities in his head. If a werewolf was sick, or wounded, it could only spell trouble.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Ithaeur smirks. ".... A forge. Bleeds knows how to make glaives."

A shrug. "It's fine. He was a good guy, really. Horny Teenager Emily didn't give him the dues her deserved."

Urgh. Tribal elitism. "Forget it then. But I can teach you how to reach Hector. And it's not a fancy thing, Though I did learn it from an Iron Master."

Emily's eyes narrow; her tone is tense. "Wow, you really did have a sheltered childhood, huh? Nate, stop. NOW. I am fine - just a little testy. But if you push this too much, neutering is very much back on the table. Okay?" She eats the las of the chocolate sullenly.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread