Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: Restructure?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes- Quietly discharge the positions of Keeper, Harpy and Herald.

8 100.00%
  • No- Don't change anything and let the population sort itself out.

0 0%
Corporate Restructuring

Twist Scenes

Good evening night walkers! As most of you have probably noticed, the VtR venue is coasting at low speeds. One of the causes is the lack of a Storyteller, but also that nobody else has stepped up willing to run a small PRP. I strongly encourage anyone who is interested to please submit your idea in a private message or discord chat so we can get that moving forward.

The demographic of the venue currently has nearly every person having power, domain position etc. That makes it really difficult for a new character to jump into the venue and have people at a relatable level or something to progress towards. The proposal here is to consolidate the positions down to the Prince, the Archon, the Seneschal and the Priscii/Whips. The Priscii would retain the powers they currently have, which allow them to have more influential power within the Domain than the current structure provides. Those who would vacate their positions would no longer receive the benefits associated with those roles and would need to get them again elsewhere (hint: priscus).

With the large population growth VtR had experienced the last couple of years there was a need for expansion of Domain positions appropriate to the size of the venue. With the shrinkage, it would make sense to do the same in the other direction. Unfortunately, with the 'assumed population' of Sacramento and the IC mentality towards these positions, it is a little harder to pull off and justify completely IC so the proposal is being made OOC since the problem is OOC in nature. No IC resentment, shaming or otherwise should be born from implementing this proposal.

Ultimately, the decision is with you- the players. The directly impacted characters would be mostly Jacque and Mable, and to some degree Lenora since she had been working towards filling the Harpy vacancy. Please feel free to discuss, ask questions and vote.

deltadream Stray Psychangel Orianna Killian White Saber Sloth Ruach Seryna

2. Likes Killian, Xander liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

I'm tagged, so I'll respond, though I consider myself a newbie and have avoided any positions. Sounds good and reasonable to me!

Also, I SO wish I felt capable and experienced enough to run a PrP. I'm not tho. I will enthusiastically play in someone else's PrP!

4. Likes Killian liked this post

The only issue on my end is that it completely neuters Lenora's motivations and goals.

Lenora is seeking a title to build her legacy, her own status, and, with the recently discussed requirements for establishing her hive, tenancy/hunting rights, as she doesn't want to break the law or piss off the powers that be. While she is a Priscus, Alessandra has made it clear that grants her no real status in the Domain, hence the pursuit of Harpy and my confusion as to what Youngblood means by "powers they currently have". Beyond recognizing new members and granting them communal feeding rights and fluff meetings with their Clans their actions are minimal insofar as I've seen, which is honestly fine, but it seems pretty clear they have no real influence on the Domain or its officials. If I am wrong please correct me.

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to be confrontational. I understand and accept that this needs to happen until the venue gets an ST and/or grows again. I just know I will have difficulty shifting Lenora's play ICly and am not sure if I could pull it off.

Disclaimer: For those who might say 'you can scheme to replace someone else'. Yeah, no. The Prince is well-entrenched. The Archon is an Alder of immense influence and a close friend of the Prince. The Seneschal is close to the Prince as well. Attempting to topple any of them would be suicide and counter her play so far.

TL;DR I understand why this needs to happen and accept it, but it will be difficult to change Lenora's play.

6. Likes , Psychangel, Ruach, West liked this post

Twist Scenes

Great points and I had to dig quite a bit to find where the disconnect might be regarding the "powers they currently have".

If you look on the wiki page for Tenancy (which redirects to subinfeudation), it outlines what Privileges the Priscii can grant.

There was a thread back in 2015 that accompanied that change, but I inexplicably managed to botch copying that information when I made my consolidation thread to where it mistakenly reads that Hunting rights can only be granted by the Prince/Regent. If that's where you're IC under the impression Lenora needed to request hunting rights then I am very sorry. That was completely my fault.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Stray, Ruach, West liked this post

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

I personally would totally understand the Keeper position being gone. The keeper really doesn't have any power it's just a title and the court can be opened by the seneschal or anyone really. I would have no hurt feelings as long as it was done IC in a respectful manner. Mable has no real need for titles as she has pointed out in the past. She just needs acceptance for who she is. And actually would be better suited to be focusing on her Crone-i-ness. lol Anyway as long as the domain people understand and are told this is not a punishment but perhaps something about small numbers in domain and freeing up Mable to explore her covenant a bit more.

Hope this helps some. As far as running plots, I would but the migraines leave me very unpredictable for formulating a full plot. Just trying to run my crone rituals has been hard for me at times. However, I am always up for scenes and plots and try my best to keep up.
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Twist Scenes

Thank you for the discussion. Based on the vote of 8-1, the changes will be made effective on May 1st.

As a reminder, these positions are being pulled back based on the current population. As things pick back up, positions may be filled again so there are plenty of reasons to be consistent with your efforts towards the Domain. Last items of note are:
    • These positions are being respectfully discharged and is assumed common knowledge, so there should not be any of the normal Vampire political pokes associated with this change.
    • Any benefits gained directly from being in these positions will also be pulled back (i.e. rack access, hunting rights and tenancy).
    Let me know if you have any questions!

12. Likes , Psychangel, Ruach liked this post
Closed Thread