(Private) Glory and Healing?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

PRE

<<Near the place of healing by the place of flying machines.>> and to the East can only mean the Sacramento VA center and Mathers airport. To a human the area around the VA looks, well, normal. The medical center stands in contrast to the housing and apartments to the north, the park and fields to the west, and the airport to the south. Grey, verging on tan, plain faced buildings. To a human nothing would stand out, maybe a few wear and tear marks here and there nothing unexpected from a busy place. But to an Uratha among the wear and tear are territory markings.

The markings lead south from the medical center to only a few blocks away and a non-descript off white office building next to an empty lot of trees just west of the Fire District Headquarters. Necessary Guile wasn't to subtle so its a good guess that there are Fire-Touched nearby.

2. Likes Xadun, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Awaiting closure of Seeking Redemption. Then I will post in, so sorry! I did not see the tag until now

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Deep down, the Pale Wolf knew she had said otherwise. She had told Emily she would seek out the Azlu with her in tow. Glory for Brigit and sweet vengeance for the Wolf That Remained.

Still... Necessary Guile had told her where the Anshega had been spotted. Allen and Niko may have taken it upon themselves to try and snatch the opportunity, but the Blood Talon was getting the feeling their totem had spoken to her for a reason. It felt intentional and the thought of it all made the Pale Wolf restless. So, Brigit slipped out in late afternoon while Emily was still at work.

Call it recon.

Yet as she drove along the streets, the signs of the People began to enter her vision and she felt that yearning feeling in her gut. Stopping some ways down from the office building and parking her Defender, the Talon stared at the potential nest of heretical brothers and sister for a long moment.

You know you need to go in there.

Thus, she reached into her pocket and fished out her cell and gave a quick series of texts to Emily Makerith

Please, don't be mad.

I had to look into what was said.

There are marks. I think I know where they are.

I'm at [ADDRESS]. Can you come?

Equipment: Hoodie, jeans, sneakers, and a smartphone. Brigit is unarmed.

I don't know how to do that fancy text thing. If I need to make a separate comms thread let me know Kelreth

5. Likes Kelreth liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

It takes about ten minutes before there is a response, but when it does it's a blizzard.

What do you mean what was said
    B WHAT DID YOU DO
    DONT MOVE ILL BE RIGHT THERE
    DO NOT MOVE

Meanwhile....

Emily fires the messages off and begins shouting orders to her staff, hastily pulling off her coveralls. She dives into Baby and throws her into gear, driving straight for the address.

When I get a hold of you I'm taking this stress outta your ass, Brigit.

The Mustang screeches slightly as it's driver moves aggressively through Sacramento to the address.

A thematic amount of time later the Ithaeur arrives, slowing on her approach. Spotting the defender Emily pulls up behind, lights a cigarette and gets out. Stomping up to the Driver's side window she raps sharply on the window and crosses her arms.

She does not look impressed.

"The fuck is this?" Emily asks tetchily in a low voice.

Equipment: Dedicated outfit (shirt, shorts and sneakers). Emily is also without weapons (y'know, as much as any werewolf is).

Also Stray - it's in the BBcodes at the bottom of every scene, or you can copy this message!
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

7. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit waits and eyes flick to the flurry of texts.

When Emily arrives, Brigit's window is already down, leaving her free to grant her comment, but the Pale Wolf's eyes don't leave the off-white building down the way.

"There's an empty lot next to that building, good bit of tree cover"
    she says, "Look at the wear around us."

Brigit cracks open the door, but doesn't open it all the way. Dark eyes shift to Emily.

"There's a reason Guile told me, Em," she said. The totems words were clearly aimed at Brigit, Guile spoke to her plainly, without the usual subtley and spoke of a chance for redemption.

"You mind, uh, letting me out?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

The scowl falters, conflicted. Then she steps away from the door.

"God fucking dammit," Emily mutters. "I try and be cunning, go to all the effort of making a plan and then Guile goes around all the work I...." The Crescent forces her mouth shut, scowling.

She didn't have to call you. She could have gone in alone.

There's a few irritable puffs on her cigarette as she looks around following the Blood Talon's dark eyes, and slowly the little mechanic relaxes. "...Sorry, B. you just sent those messages and I...." Freaked out? Thought she would do something dumb? Emily squirms a little. "Thanks for calling me," she adds softly.

10. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

A slight smile hit the Talon's face as Emily scowled at the situation.

Yep. Definitely Red Wolf's daughter.

"Well, if this goes well,"
    Brigit says as she squeezes out her partially open door, "The whole crew can get together. Keep that plan on the back burner."

Then the Azlu would have to face a whole pack rather than just two sisters.

Your vengeance will come, little wolf.

"I know,"
    she says granting the Ithaeur a slight smile at her apology.

In another life on another path, perhaps Emily would have been something of a Den Mother.

Then a nod at the thank you as she peers to the empty lot.

"You ready?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The whole crew. Emily starts to smile.

"Okay," she says, face set firm. "Let's do it."

The Ithaeur turns towards the building, and sets off alongside Brigit.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

So the pair set off, with Brigit aiming to find a way to enter the empty lot with the trees stealthily. Sure, they wouldn't have the element of surprise once they were smelled, but having some thick coverage to hide in and calculate their move before an attack would be preferable. Glory would come, but coming in hard was a good way to get killed. They had to be Cunning too.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-11 15:21:24 Brigit rolls 5 to Look for thick coverage Wits+Comp (10 Again) 4, 8, 6, 9, 4 2 successes

Like many a city, Sacramento had homeless people. It wouldn't be hard for a group of Izidakh to masquerade as the same. It's what she would do and, frankly, an empty lot was a safe bet that they'd be left alone. Unless the office building was also vacant.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily follows, trying to keep light on her feet. Sneaking wasn't her best, but it was never bad to try.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-12 14:54:51 Emily rolls 4 to Sneaking: Dex+Stealth (10 Again) 7, 10, 1, 1, 2 1 success

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread