Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Spring Things

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The seasons were shifting once again. As the temperatures rose Pixel was finding himself ever more curious about the common yard. He hadn't seen anyone use it for anything, but he also arrived in early January so that's a thing.

Naga was given a date and time on a note left outside the Ladder's HQ. Pixel was waiting in the court yard on a blanket with his messenger bag. A box with a pepperoni pizza he got from a local business sat with a slice missing next to him along with an opened 12 pack of coke and a half empty can.

Pixel himself was in a black T shirt and jeans nibbling on the missing slice. He was going to meet had already met Naga at the official concilium, but it never hurt to catch up or get to know each other beyond the business. Oracles knew Pixel was throwing whatever he thought about at whoever was listening, so why not give someone else a go?

As long as she wasn't another Papilio....

@abyssalstar Naga

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga casually strode across the common yard, her eyes taking in the details of their surroundings. She was dressed casually yet still stylishly. Form fitting designer blue jeans, black ankle boots, and a red satin button down blouse under a sleek black leather jacket. Her hair flowed freely about her head.

The théarch smiled pleasantly as she approached her fellow Warlock. "Pixel, good to see you. I'm glad we're getting this chance to talk." She glanced down at the pizza and sodas. "And eat, I see. I hope that's real pepperoni."

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Me too."

He smiles and-wait, there's fake pepperoni?

"I think so." Probably? He eyed his slice suspiciously enough he clearly wasn't confident in his answer. He was certain it wasn't a cup of noodles though, and that was really what mattered. "Either way, you're welcome to it."

"So. We're a small path here in Sacramento. Like, currently having a path meet because it's just the two of us small. I like getting to know the new people and giving them a chance to ask questions but since that's not exactly conducive to an official gathering of the concilium I figured we could do lunch."

A breath, a sip, and he continues.

"So to review? I'm a Voter with the Assembly, an art student at Sacramento University, and usually available if you have any questions or concerns. Hence the pizza. So wassup? Any questions? Anything you need from me?"

He takes a giant bite of his pizza.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

With an amused smirk, Naga sat down upon the blanket, tucking her legs beneath her. "I've nothing against vegan substitutes. I just like the real thing. Thank you, either way. I appreciate the hospitality."

"Well, look at it this way. The Warlock population of Sacramento just doubled. I'd say things are looking up."

Using a napkin, she carefully selected a slice of the pizza and picked it up. The Théarch took a bite and chewed thoughtfully, then nodded in approval. "Not bad."

"Alright, for the record, I'm an Acolyte with the Silver Ladder. I'm also a practicing lawyer. So if you ever need legal advice - mundane or Atlantean - I'm available."

Holding her napkin-wrapped slice in one hand, she took a can of Coke and opened it with her free hand.

"Questions. Where to start? Okay. How long have you been a part of this Consilium? Is there much you can tell me about what's been happening of late?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze visits the Circle of Life at the appointed time, looking around for where Aurora might be staying. He hadn't wanted to get into detail through texts, so doesn't really know where in the Circle she is staying!

He cautiously stays in the common areas, looking, listening and asking quietly at the boundaries to the various reserved areas for Aurora.

"Hello? Aurora?" He says quietly. "It's Kaze."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

He smiles. Then nods, then laughs. She peaks the food Pixel was still chewing before he realizes and swallows.

"Cool!" An awakened lawyer was always welcome. Meant he could skip the Lex and Tet. It certainly also helped that he could name a Provost if he needed to. "What fields of law do you practice?"

Also would it be a bad idea to mention his background in Financial Redistribution before college? Yeah, he should probably shelf that conversation for the time being.

"I got here beginning of January." A pause, a sip, and the Warlock continues. "Became Councilor early February after Papilio left. As for what's going on, oh boy. Winter and I are investigating that Big Clock on the front of the circle of creation. The concilium is pretty fractious. People were at each other's throats to the point of a duel to boot the Heirarch back in February. Also just threw out the charter. So that's a thing."

He smirks.

"Fun time to be a Ladder am I right?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga took a small sip of her soda, "Criminal defense and civil rights, mainly." She looked at Pixel and smiled in amusement, "Why do you ask? In need of representation?"

To her credit, her face didn't fall into utter disbelief as the Libertine recited the litany of issues facing the Consilium at present. It seemed more as though wheels were turning in her head, already thinking of possible solutions. "I see... Well," the Théarch smiled again, "it's better than having nothing to do. I'd hate to think I came here only to sit around bored."

She took another bite of her pizza and chewed thoughtfully, "Have you always used Path Counsilors here? Why did this Papilio leave?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde will poke her head out of the Arrow wing,

“Hey Kaze!”
    a wave, the stepping out. The Shaman was in old jeans, ripped and stained with various paints and wood stains. Her hair up in a messy ponytail and a white tank top.

“Was good to hear from you! Want something to drink?”
    she asks, gesturing behind her.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh." Kaze looks startled at the direction Aurora came from, and gestures back to, but smiles and nods. "Sure. Thanks. It's really good to see you again. Are you...painting something?" He asks, stepping in where she directed him, looking around in a slightly wary manner.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Catching the startled look, “Phoenyx offered me a bed in the barracks until I was able to find another apartment. Though I learned my old apartment is open.” Stepping back inside to grab some water. “Want anything to drink?” she asks.

Painting something? And then looks at her clothes, laughing, “Ah, yeah. I have a piece drying outside.” With the weather warming, it made painting and staining easier.

“You ok?” an eyebrow raised in question.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread