Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Twenty-five," The Arrow replies quietly. In the pause, she gives him a small nod.

It was as if the Guardian were trying to twist her words. He asks what her strategy was - when told, he says it is not one because of symantics. A stragety wins a war before it begins - but no plan survives contact with the enemy. She says that she would repeat the decisions if that was all the knowledge she has - Winter believes she would do the same choices as if she knew the consequences. Obviously, if she knew the consequences before the action, she would have acted differently.

It seemed that listening, but not hearing, was not limited to the young. He asked the questions and didn't like the answers? That was his problem. He could call them excuses if he likes, but as far as the Arrow could see, they were the truth.

And yet.

Finally, he was telling her what he thought.

Inaction was the very opposite of the Adamant Way. But action without thought was foolish. It was clear which Winter thought her actions were. It was impossible to say how successful Winter would have been at stopping this, but she had defended her choices. It was true, she was no general. The Arrow had been out of her depth for a long time, and knew it. But she had acted with thought and as much preparedness as she had been given. The Guardian's advice was just one more challenge put in her path - improve, or repeat the mistakes of the past.

These thoughts run through the Arrow's mind. Yes. They would need to be reflected on.

She rises, slower than Winter, and meets his gaze with a genuine, if small, smile. "I meant no insult, Councillor. I gave exactly what you asked for - my perspectives and my choices. You have given me yours; I will consider them carefully, that I may choose wisely in the future. Thank you for meeting with me - I will await the results of your discussions."

She inclines her head respectfully to him.

That looks a nice place to end? It has been very interesting!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

2. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He nods before rising to his feet. There was much to do, but at least he could tell he knew the young Arrow a bit more.
    And he didn't exactly like everything he had seen. But that was another matter altogheter. "I'll let you know", he says, "until then, tell the other two that they can freely approach me. And please, avoid unnecessary dangers, if you can", he doesn't let go of the cup, "I'll bring you another one", he issues apologetically. And with that, he departs.

Spells: Zeal [pot 5]

Food for thought, for sure. Cheers

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"It is a part of a set. I would like that one back, if possible," the Arrow says as he departs. The cup matched both hers and the pot on the table he had just felt.

What did he think she was trying to do, poison him? Maybe he did. Perhaps he thought she would garner a sympathetic connection from his saliva and use it to.... what? It seemed that Magus Winter was far more suspicious and untrusting than she had thought, especially of herself. It seemed she not earned his respect from her duties and devotion.

It was almost insulting. But she mused on his words, returning to her chair. Particularly on Strategy. Perhaps everything he believed was a strategy, a long game. They had interacted little before. Maybe this action of barely permitted theft would at least show her intentions were honourable. Perhaps he doubted the sincerity of anyone not of the Guardians of the Veil. And if he wanted to be suspicious of everyone, keep them at arm's length, then should he ever have need of allies, who would come?

Phoenyx sighed. She would. Of course she would. She knew him a little better now, and he was a little darker, colder and harder than she had realised. But that was alright. It was needed sometimes. Existence was war, and if her philosophies clashed against others it was still a test.

Slowly, she washed the set, minus one cup, and put in the sink.

Next time, Winter would get a random mug.

Closing up. Thanks Vincent!
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach, Vincent liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread