(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Predatory Beauty)
    Blood Potency
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Hell Hound)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca
    (Lords Danse)

Health:
    WP:
    Vitae:

Resilience[2] Active (Stam increased to 4)
    [][][][][][][][][]

+1
    SL
    PRE

Necessary for her survival? A very direct word choice.

“I can respect bold, when it’s done with respect.” And thus far, Lenora had been. “Though your word choice, it being necessary for survival was intriguing. You should elaborate.” Should mean you will. "In the time you've been within the Domain, this urgency has not been an issue. So why now?"

Nothing was said on what assurance would be required. Yet. She wanted more answers, and to set some rules.

“There are many factors at play here, a few dealing with handing out such an advantage to someone who hasn’t really contributed much to the Domain as of yet.” Though, to be fair, it was a quiet time, and the threats had yet to show themselves. But she knew they were there, waiting, biding their time.

A half smile, “I don’t believe in coincidences, not in our world. Every step, every action and every word are always carefully planned. None of us survive this long without careful planning.” It was how it was. “But I am still willing to discuss the position with you.” It would take some of the work load of Jacque, and maybe give the Lord a chance to prove herself.

“Invest? Well, before I invest in anything, I need to know what I’m getting in return. As a businesswoman, investment means there is something I gain. So you’re going to have to fill in those blanks. If the gains are, indeed, beneficial, we’ll discuss the exact terms.”

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora listened, musing how to explain the weakness of the Melissidae.

"You are leveraging your superiority to learn more of my blood's weakness. An interesting move... I applaud you,"
    she stated. It was important for Lenora to show Alessandra she was aware of the Prince's game, "What I can say is that if the pieces that I need to form my little warren are not in place when my blood wakes, I will suffer discomfort to a degree that will impact my ability to perform. This discomfort, therefore, will weaken my ability to remain useful to your regime, causing me to become a liability and to fail in my mission. While I suppose I would survive, I would wish for Final Death."

A small smile.

"As to why now? It has come into my understanding that the strength of my blood is not associated merely with age,"
    she said, "Therefore, it is likely going to occur far sooner than I anticipated. Years rather than decades. Perhaps months. The reality is I do not know."

That much was true. The blood would wake when it will. Lenora was not rushing to her metamorphosis and thus had not looked into ways to hasten its arrival.

"If you feel I would be incompetent or untrustworthy, then don't select me as Harpy, Your Majesty,"
    she said, "When I approached you at Court, I saw the means to discuss the vacancy when we spoke of Reeve Mitnick. You then asked if any came to mine that I felt would suit the position. I answered. Even tonight, the answer remains the same. I still feel I am the most fit of those available to you, but etiquette demands that I respect your selection."

This interrogation was for the position of a Harpy, but Alessandra seemed to put a lot of stock into the position. Still, Lenora's other requests had been comparatively strange. The resistance was not entirely unexpected, but there was no reason for Lenora to beg. So she wouldn't.

"As for contributions, I understand your position,"
    she began, "However, I have not been complacent. My arrival heralded a time for brief, but needed reorganization of Clan Ventrue. In my ascension to Priscus, I humiliated a cousin who had been a volatile member of the Domain to the point that he chose to leave the Domain, ending the tension that had marred our current peace. Admittedly, I have done little else to benefit the Domain as a whole beyond the frequent offer of my services to you and your officers. In this time of peace, however, this extension of service has been ignored."

"In truth, I suppose I could have engaged in activity that I felt would benefit your Domain without first consulting you or your officers,"
    she continues, "but such an action would have been imprudent and highly foolish... Nonetheless, your question brings about an opportunity. You feel I have not contributed enough to the Domain to warrant consideration. Very well. What contribution can I offer to your regime to prove my dedication and resourcefulness?"

A head tilts at the talk of coincidences.

She thinks you are lying.

"None of us survive long without being dishonest you mean?"
    she asked, "It is not within my interests to lie to you, Your Majesty. Your regime is entrenched and holds the support of higher figures, including a well-revered Alder that is held in good regard with the First Estate. I am unsure if my actions have led you to consider me a liar, but if so all I can do is relay that I am not."

Then there is a brief look of confusion as Alessandra calls upon her to discuss what she can provide. What have they been doing?

"In the position of Harpy I can provide the experience of a long career as the steward of an Invictus Baroness. This has provided me a clear grasp on etiquette, while affording me the opportunity to earn the interests of the First Estate here in Sacramento via the clear representation of my education,"
    she offered, keeping her tone even, "While I understand Your Majesty is welcoming of all Covenants, I only reference my education under the Baroness to relay what I can bring to the position with which we have been discussing. Outside of this, I have a burgeoning network of allies and contacts in multiple spheres within Sacramento. My financial assets continue to increase allowing me to provide resources should the Domain come to need it. Finally, largely out of a necessity to understand my blood, I also have a growing understanding of the Occult and can likewise be utilized as a resource should the Domain encounter an issue that has need of the expertise."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Predatory Beauty)
    Blood Potency
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Hell Hound)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca
    (Lords Danse)

Health:
    WP:
    Vitae:

Resilience[2] Active (Stam increased to 4)
    [][][][][][][][][]

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savages face remains impassive as she listened, “Remain useful to my regime?” really? “If you were in a key position? Yes. As of right now? Not so much. This sounds more like a problem for you and not me at the moment. And liabilities are handled quite efficiently when they present themselves.” Was it crass? Yes. Did she care? Not so much.

“That hasn’t been decided yet. You don’t strike me as someone who is incompetent, at least, not so far. And untrustworthy is something we all have to struggle with. Trust isn’t free.”
    And not with her. “And here I thought it was the Laws that demanded that.” Joking? Probably not. “But truth be told, your name had been considered before you brought it up in Court. As soon as a vacancy opens, I’m already in the process of filling it. But I don’t fill it based of people approaching me,” a pause, “or others recommending someone. Those decisions rest with who I trust to do the job.” And nothing more.

“Handling a Clan situation before I had the chance to step in?” which had been coming, she had been about to deal with Thomas herself. “Those are things that should be handled without a pat on the back from me. But I’m willing to step back from the contribution issues. The Domain is going through a quiet spell right now. Our enemies have been quiet as of late. So one can’t expect someone to step up in the way I prefer to see.” A pause, “They have not been ignored, they are simply not of need right now. I mean, if you’re really eager to show your abilities with enemies, I can rustle some up.”

Were all Lords long winded?

“I had wanted to know what your Bloodline was going to contribute. From my view it is a Lord gathering an army of mindless cattle. How that helps me is what I want to know. From my perspective, investing in someone or something without knowing the pros and cons is a poor investment.” Plain and simple.

“I go into any conversation with anyone with the mindset I’m being lied to. Everyone has an agenda.” And Lenoras happened to be Tenancy and Hunting Rights.

A nod, “I have no doubt you’re the best fit for the position. You lay out the qualities you possess, some quite impressive, but then describe yourself as a possible liability if you don’t get what you want. So tell me Miss Black, which is it?”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 4│

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora doesn't interrupt, listening as the Prince responds to her points with her own.

The first could be twisted in one's mind threat and a challenge, but Lenora was neither hot-blooded or foolish. Even if the Prince had meant to do so, it would have been dreadfully imprudent to react in such a manner and, despite her relatively young age as a Kindred, Lenora has been around for good deal longer than most neonates thanks to her ghouldom. She could endure crass opinions.

"Nor should you,"
    Lenora offered, finally speaking as Alessandra concludes her point on Clan issues. Lenora wasn't asking for a pat on the back, but being told she had done nothing since her arrival to Sacramento? That was the problem, "Nonetheless, I believe we both know where the antics would have led. The shame would have been Clan Ventrue's entirely, but Mr. Boyle was made to see his error. I doubt he'll ever return."

Then came the comment of what her Bloodline could do for her. The question was an interesting one, but Lenora could not help but wonder if she had asked the same of other Bloodlines. Or was Lenora the first to approach? Regardless, now was not the time to broach the subject largely.

She could lie and say Alessandra would reap many benefits from her drones, but that was not who Lenora was.

"As with any hive,"
    she begins, "My drones would serve their queen. As the epicenter of their consciousness, I would see them serve something greater than themselves. Your benefit would be built on the fruits of this union in that, once they are perfected, you will boast the benefit of a retainer with a collection of utterly loyal agents. Some among the Baroness' hive were even able to speak and promote themselves to such a degree that the Kine were none the wiser, as were some Kindred... though one Mekhet seemed to understand their true nature."

"More than this, I would see and hear all that they do,"
    Lenora continued, "A useful trait should you task me to staff a function, whether among our kind or Kine... and their very nature means betrayal is impossible. Finally the benefits that I mentioned will be birthed from the preparation of my metamorphosis cannot be understated. Naturally, my network of assets, contacts in Sacramento, and my knowledge of the occult will remain. With the hive established, this means this energy will need to be redirected and I can think of no better way to provide service. First to you and then the First Estate. In so doing, I am able to build my status and place my legacy upon a stable foundation."

It was that simple. It was better to be loyal to a stable sovereign and one's covenant than it was to plot against either. In Lenora's case, she had more to gain.

Then came the Prince's ultimate question. She had no place for a liability and wanted to make sure Lenora was not among these. That made sense.

"One cannot call themselves resourceful if they lack the ability to adapt,"
    Lenora offered, "And I am quite resourceful, Your Majesty. Tonight I will accept whatever you choose to give, if anything at all, and I will adapt my needs around them. I will admit that Tenancy and Hunting Rights will afford a greater comfort, but that is not something I, or anyone else for that matter, can demand from you. As such, it is my responsibility to thrive with what is given. I intend to do just that."

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
+ Reply to Thread