Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

After Party

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Despite the hour, the Nox was far from closed. Breezing past the bouncer at the door with a small wave that was returned with a deferential nod, Twist exchanged a quiet and quick word with the hostess before leading the group of three downstairs to one of the private meeting rooms.

Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora followed dutifully behind the elder and Mr. Heinrich, grating the doorman a cordial smile as they passed and made their way to the private meeting room.

Once inside she would wait for Twist and Edward to begin, but remained on her feet. Years under the Baroness had made that point of etiquette quite clear. Until Alder Twist had decided to proceed and granted her the blessing to seat herself, Lenora would not do so. Instead, she stood off to the side, her hands lightly clasped together at her front. She would wait.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Everything pointed towards Twist wanting initiative. Everything in Edward pointed away from taking the initiative. It wasn't his way, he wanted to be a follower, yet the world continued to demand leadership. Despite Edward mentally readying himself, he couldn't help but wait for Twist to open the more official part of their meeting.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a seat, Twist motioned for Lenora and Edward to do similarly.

She wasn't expecting Lenora to say anything, but when Edward simply looked at her she decided that she had had enough.

"Miss Black has indicated to me a desire to join our Covenant. She carries the lineage of it through her sire and has proven herself committed to this path. What she needs now is a sponsor." Small talk? They had had an entire play for such. Lenora had approached Twist with this desire months ago, it was time to be done with it.

"Bringing a new member into our Covenant is no small matter and so I thought to introduce her to you Mr. Heinrich. To see if you were interested in the honor?"

To most it wouldn't be a question. Lenora was embraced with the intent to become Invictus. She was trained in the ways of the First Estate that neither Ale or even herself were. Her acceptance was nearly gauranteed, meaning the reward to claim being her sponser far outweighed the risk.

And yet ...

So much silence from him over every interaction about this.

Did he even want this easy win? She was offering up to him a chance few Invictus would get in another city, that most would grab onto with both hands. And all she got was quiet waiting.

"Do you?"

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

At Twist's motion, Lenora sat, her form straight and proper as she rested her hands in her lap.

A quiet pride briefly lit her features as the Duchess overtly stated that Lenora held a commitment to the path. Business or no, the compliment was nice and, seeing as how they had left small talk behind, it was likely more genuine. Lenora dipped her head lightly in respect for the Daeva's words, but said nothing. She had not been addressed and it was abundantly clear that Twist's words were meant for Edward.

Lenora took a moment to glance to the Edward as Twist delivered her question. The way that Lenora saw it, Edward was wary of her joining the Invictus or about being her sponsor, but those concerns did not seem to extend to the Duchess herself. A small comfort, but without a sponsor Lenora's intent to join the First Estate would be in jeopardy.

And that would be disappointing. Gravely so.

Returning her attention to Twist, Lenora nonetheless waited for Edward's answer. Would he take the chance to add her name to his own legacy? Did he intend not to serve in such a capacity?

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward took his seat. His hands clasped, and his posture neat, weathering what from what little he knew of Twist to be unmissable scorn.

Had her final question/accusation been delivered by his Sire, Edward would have been crumbled on the floor, his body racked with agony.

The only shame Edward felt came from failing Lenora. That Twist might think he lacked ambition didn't bother him. That made it easy. Apologizing for his inaction would be ridiculous, that would only be another form of passivity. These thoughts passed while Twist spoke. He was still throughout.

"This Domain puzzles me, your Grace, my failure to adapt has led me to give inadvertent insult to Ms. Black. For that, I apologize."

"I, Edward Heinrich, sponsor the petitioner, Priscus Lenora Black."

He wondered how the inspection would take place, would an Elder or Elders from another city be called? Edward doubted it. The minimum three interrogators would no doubt be lowered to two.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow lifted, the only show of surprise at his words. But it was only a brief showing, her features settling into approval quickly at first the apology to Lenora and then at his agreement to sponsor Lenora.

A smile, a nod, "I am glad to hear such"

Continuing her tone took on a slight tone of formality, "As her sponsor, she will be your responsibility for at least six months. At the end of this period, you will decide if she is ready to be Released." Pausing, she turned her attention to Lenora, "In exchange for this, you will owe your sponsor a Major Boon."

Pausing, Twist gave one last opportunity for either party to back out of the arrangement.

Presuming neither did, she continued, "At the next official gathering of the Covenant, Ms. Black will be in attendance to swear the oath." Her gaze glancing between the two of them, she smiled, "And I have a feeling that there will be little need to go past the six months."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Edward's apology is heard, earning him another glance from the Lord and a formal, if slightly warm, smile. She'd dip her head in thanks for the action before turning her attention back to Twist as she began to speak.

When Lenora is finally addressed directly, she grants Twist a nod.

"As it should be, Your Grace,"
    Lenora offered, easily agreeing to the concept of a Major Boon... and referring to Twist by her formal address for the first time. If there was a time to reaffirm her allegiance, that time was now. "I am most thankful for the opportunity."

Then another stated compliment. If Lenora's heart still beat, she may well have blushed. Alas, she did not, but it was clear she was touched by the sentiment.

"Your confidence in me is most humbling,
    " she said, "I shall do all I can to prove worthy of this honor."

Then a look and a smile to Edward as she waited for him to seal the pact. If he did, then their paths were intertwined for the next six months... and their association would be remembered for years thereafter. Likely even decades. Nonetheless, she was pleased with her sponsor.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

It was heartening to see Lenora's implicit acceptance of Edward's apology. This helped Edward mask his growing disquiet. It was apparent Twist was not trying to insult them with the reminder, maybe it was just his mood, but it felt like an insult. To remind them of the most basic of practices is to insult both Sire and Childe, at least, to Edward's mind.

Edward spoke with a subservience that bordered on obsequity, "Thank you for the reminder, Your Grace." Passive-aggressive. The internal reprimand was instant, and he reeled himself in. While it was the tiniest of slips, Elders did have sharp eyes. I really must work on my composure.

Edward cleared his throat, "Is there anything else you would have of us, your Grace?" His full direct sincerity had returned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread