Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Astral Dive) Beyond the Obelisk

(Astral Dive) Tomb of the Exarch
Apr 16, 2020 - May 18, 2020
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

There's something about size.

It shatters the ego, opens the mind to wonder. Mountains. A gaping chasm. This is their Lighthouse of Alexandria, for them to gape at in their maiden voyage. It's majestic. And terrifying. That sudden desire to confront it?

Yeah, no.

But maybe?

Yeah, no.

Pretty sure things in here are as they say on the tin. Acamoth or something else? That's still a big whale-thing. Getting smashed by a flipper was never on the Way to Go list, but on consideration? It's low on the list. Maybe those noises mean something. His Intervallutrix would know. But hey that sure is a great remind that he knows jack-all about this place. He turns to the Thyrsus; eyeing the portals back where they started, and shrugged.

Any ideas?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes , Vincent liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Briar Rose - the leviathan is...

Well...

A big fish.

Or a giant shark monster thing.

It the kind of epic that could only come from some fevered imagination: a fantasy horror of the deep.

Hopefully.

4. Likes , Vincent liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

"Definitely outta Innsmouth." she says, but offers the angel a shrug, her wings moving from her back to her seat as she sits on the patch of sweet=briar and bloody feathers. She flings herself back, back meeting the grasses, and she stares up and up and up.

"Wanna go think with portals?" she asks, leaning up and staring at where Star had been looking. "Mind. Astral. Not, uh. Well. When one Awakens to the Watchtower of the Stone Book, one is not super," she brings her hand up, twisting the first two together, "So, I got nothing. Big, fishy, is big and fishy and yes, I am so going to put it to canvas when we wake up, but." she takes a breath, "It's been here, for...who knows how long, and would still be here....we have to do something, ya? But...." but she shrugs.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Nod, nod.

For all the grace and power he came with? He went with the opposite. There's a stuttering stickyness to the beginning of the movement, then the rubber band snaps tight and he's tumbling and stumbling back amidst the statues. That's what you get, yo. Angel this and Might that. He reached up to rub the back of his mop, right about where someone might smack an over-confident apprentice.

"Call me Ishmael,"
    he grinned when Rose returned. "I got nothing. Wild goose chase? Dunno. But it's a little freaky that thing looks more solid than the Circle."

A finger stretched out to point. Sure, there's only a dozen minds wishing that thing into existence here, but that means there sure are a lot of people with their minds on... a trip to SeaWorld. And what's with their floating castle-thing?

"You know,"
    he suddenly added, stamping a foot down. "I wonder if this is, like. The representation, anchor, whatever of the obelisk here? Maybe those portals are other obelisks out there? Their entry points."

Going through one might mean waking up. Clearly, though? He's just guessing.

1 success, close call D:
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-07 02:34:06 Star rolls 10 to Astral movement (10 Again) 6, 4, 1, 4, 2, 1, 2, 6, 7, 10, 4 1 success
    - Roald Dahl

7. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Sitting up, "The Circle's been around since forever ya?" Everyone coming into Sac-town knows of the Circle, or you find out around when you find out who your Councillor is supposed to be. "....that didn't even click for me. Like, it should be a solid force of safety, a beacon, ya? The thoughts, and beliefs of everyone pouring into it, about it, ya?" She frowns, this didn't look like that.

"When we settled in to drop down, it was like a slither, hiss, all forceful and yanking. Painful, like lightning. I didn't spend even a wink in the Oneiros, before I was pulled through." She drums her fingers on her thigh, "I thought the Obelisk was like a artifact that was just, hey lets do the thing all easy and quick, but, like. That makes sense. That those portals might lead to other Obelisks, we can see the Circe from here, so we might get a read on where the others are, if they're...existent."

Her briar patch, forms underfoot as she stands, and hops from patch to patch, trusting her Will to carry her onward, one step at a time.

"Hey!" she says as a thought comes to her, "What is big an' fishy is the Obelisk?"

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-08 14:22:55 Briar Rose rolls 5 to Astral Moooove (Resolve 3 + Gnosis 2) (10 Again) 9, 3, 5, 10, 7, 9 3 successes

9. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

By one method, or another, the pair return to the slowly spiralling Escher structure with its many portals. Some flash with light. Some flicker and stutter. Some are simply dark, blank, spaces framed by corroded green stone.

Way off beneath them. the Leviathan flicks its mighty tail and surges off - away and deeper into the Mists of the astral sea.

Star and Briar Rose are back where they started. Where do they go from here?

11. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Was that a thing?

Could be. If someone could dream it up, wasn't it a thing here?

"But not the Clock."
    It was almost a question. "I mean. It wasn't. Then it was."

Considering eyes flickered back over to the dim cathedral. Maybe it wasn't that solid because of how few people's imaginations it lived in, but because it was only half there?

"All right. I'm game. Where next? Portal? Or Circle?"

'Cause he's got no clue. But...

"We could, like, totally buy a vowel,"
    he waggled fingers at her. "Ask Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos for a hint?"
    - Roald Dahl

13. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Clock? She'd heard someone mention it. Maybe. But it hadn't been a proper topic of discussion and Briar Rose assumed it wasn't pressing in the severity of importance. Which, by Star's mention wasn't the case.

"The War...?" had it been a War, or was that what the Wise of Sacramento were calling it? "Clock, ya? I don't know anything about it. Not really. So. I...didn't notice. That why it's all," she waves her hand. "I don't know how many know-know, or have heard, or just let it lie, at a non-thing. Like I did. Which, might be...." she waves her hand again.

Spinning around looking, the Leviathan's off and away. Still still wanted to follow the fish, but something that noticeable would continue to be noticeable. Probably.

"The who now?" she asks, brows furrowed. "Man, I'm curious about the greeny ones." lobbing a finger over that-a-way.

She hops up, and steps a foot into the air again, ready to hop over to the portals, and falls through. Nothing meeting her weight.

Um.

Embarrassing.

"I meant to do that!"

Suuuuuure

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-10 22:24:55 Briar Rose rolls 5 to Astral Moooove (Resolve 3 + Gnosis 2) (10 Again) 5, 3, 3, 2, 7 failure

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Contrary to her expectations, the floor of the Escher structure is...

As solid as a rock.

Ouch!

17. Likes liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

snrrrrrrk

Man. That's as bad as a blown daily in the middle of Consilium. Well, okay. Not as bad? There aren't a dozen people around. Still. There's no hiding the eyeroll and snicker.

"Clotho? Lachesis? Atropos? The Fates."

Now watch and see how it's done, yo.

...Aaaaaaaaand he hasn't moved at all. Just. Still. Standing. There.

"Well? Anytime you're ready."

What.

failure LOLLLLLL
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-04-11 20:34:28 Star rolls 10 to Astral movement (10 Again) 7, 5, 4, 2, 1, 5, 6, 7, 3, 6 failure
    - Roald Dahl

19. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread