Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

QuoteQuote:
    Like abundant leaves on a spreading tree that sheds some and puts forth others, so are the generations of flesh and blood: one dies and another is born.
    Every work decays and ceases to exist, and the one who made it will pass away with it.
    Each day is harder than the previous. Soon, she'll just be a theory in his head.
    He brings the fuming mug to his mouth. He ordered a black, the waitress brought him an Oolong. But this is Cortez, and he should be grateful they're open this late in the night. A few patrons are sitting by the counter. The bell rings and a new customer enters. He briefly glances at the shadow. A man? A woman? He's busy losing track in his thoughts. From his booth, the city outside looks suspended in time, quiet. Waiting for the Spring to patch its wounds.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Smartphone, iron coin (magical tool), .38 revolver, mid-sized car
    Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):
    Armor: 0/0
    Defense: 2 (5 w/ Mind Armor 2E)

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2/5 | Spell Tolerance: 2

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: MindSight Pot 4; 2E MindArmor Pot 4

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, what a long night. Do you know what would be good right now? A good old cuppa joe.

And so it was that the Théarch came into the diner maybe ten minutes or so after Winter arrived. She came dressed in women's business attire: grey jacket and skirt with a white blouse and black heels. A black leather briefcase was held in one hand, and she was just getting off her phone as she came through the door. Naturally she looked over the joint's customers and staff before proceeding further, and her eyes paused on the Guardian for a moment longer than the rest.

"Coffee, black. No decaf. Thank you so much," she smiled disarmingly at the waitress when she walked up to the counter. Then the Warlock turned her attention back to Winter, and after another moment's consideration, strode over to his booth.

"Hello, again. Am I disturbing you?" Naga inquired, perfectly prepared to bugger off if he didn't seem tolerant of company.

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Funny thing to ask for somebody who can read minds. If you have to ask, then it means you are. He thinks, half-savoring the expression she would make if she were tapping him. Two birds with one stone, so to speak.
    But he's not one to brush away a potential asset, hence, he humors the woman. He points at the bench opposite him, "Suit yourself"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Cracks in space form around her body like an aura, through which demonic, snake-like eyes peer menacingly. A chorus of distant hissing can be heard.
    Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Reading the mind of a Guardian of the Veil? There's a foolish move, even if they're in a good mood. Especially for someone new in town and trying to make good impressions. She was pretty good at reading people, though.

Not like a Silver Ladder was going to be demuring, anyway. Regardless of what Winter might be feeling, Naga smiled and slipped into the booth, setting her briefcase aside. He had his shot to shoo her away and didn't take it.

The waitress came quickly enough with her order, setting it down before her. The Mastigos thanked the woman, watched her return to the counter, then tasted her coffee and sighed. "Decaf." She set the cup down and looked at the Obrimos. "Did she get your order correct?"

Monthly Rituals (Average): Third Eye (Mind Sight) Pot 2; Misperception (Mind Armor 2E) Pot 1

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"This place is on my list of places to watch", he says, staring intently outside the window. She'll make what she will of his words. The fact remains that the waitress is lucky to have come out of her experience with just a messed up memory.
    "Is Sacramento to your liking?", he asks.
    She's what? The fourth ladder in 2 years? He expected the capital of the State to be a lot more crowded. But again, the Clock.

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga glanced at the waitress, then back to Winter. Whatever she made of his words, she chose not to share those thoughts.

"I like it well enough. I'll probably always miss L.A., but we all have duties to perform."
    She gave a small smile. "Are you a native?"

She gazed down at the wrong coffee, "If I ask her to take this back for what I actually ordered, she'd just bring me a ham sandwich or something, wouldn't she?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"No", is his curt reply to both questions. "Maybe she will. But a wrong coffee has never killed anyone. Though, you could always order by the number", he sips from his mug.
    "I'm from the East Coast. Moved here for business"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, that would have required me to look at the menu first, wouldn't it?" The Warlock smiled bemusedly at the tiny aggravation of mundane life, even as she picked up a laminated menu from behind the napkin dispenser to check the listed coffee orders. "Still no excuse for her not understanding what no decaf means."

"I suppose we're in the same boat, then. I also moved here for business. Not an uncommon story in any city, really. Is Sacramento to your liking?"

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

Was this particular Ladder just stuck up, or was it a Ladder thing? He assumes it's the latter, because he knows a few ones that had an excellent upbringing despite some meddling - and corrupting - influences, and they still came up this way.
    "He frowns. It's been a hard day, and I assure you, a 14 hours shift waiting table is nothing to scoff at", he'll make sure to add to the waitress' tip when he leaves.
    "It's a mixed bag. Some things I like, some I don't. Can't say I regret the past few years", he shrugs, "What's a girl doing out so late in the night, and in business attire, to boot?"

Naga
    Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing)
    Status
    (Academic (Law Degree))
    Status
    (Judicial (Law License))
    Nimbus

Equipment

Stats/Spells

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana:
    WP (half pool):

Vulgar

+1
    SL
    PRE

Naga had called the waitress over, and smiled in her beguiling way, "Hi, could I get the 17 instead? Sorry to be a bother." She gestured at the menu she held in one hand, the 17 being a straight up normal coffee. The waitress nodded and departed, and the Théarch turned back to Winter.

"I'm out here for the very reason I need some caffeine. I'm a lawyer, by trade. I just spent the last several hours working with a client to prepare their legal defense. How about yourself? What has you her eat this hour? Just people watching?"

The waitress returned with a fresh coffee, for which a grateful Ladder tipped her with a $20, before even having tasted it. "Thank you so much."

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread