Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP Half Pool: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2 | 3 w/ 2E Life Armour
    Occult 1

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5 | Spell Tolorancy 3

Personal Spells: Monthly Rits: 2E LifeShield Pot 3, Life Sight Pot 3

PRE

She's sitting on a rooftop, on some building. Downtown. Her back's against the brickwork of the building aside. She'd wanted to put her mark on the city. So, she'd brought along her supplies...but she'd found a bead next to a can and she just....

So she's on a rooftop like she planned, and her back's to the canvas, which isn't.

But she has some coolers, so. That's neat.

She sighs and turns her face up to the sky. Fingers taptaptapping the bottle.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower (half pool):
    Monthly Rits: 2E Life Armour/Life Sight (Duration 4/Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

Penny Haraldson (Public Identity)
    New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Now and then Fate worked its way into everyone's life.

Usually it was more ambiguous than anything, with the threads moving endlessly to a dozen promised ends, shifting like tides. Other times though, it brought people together.

Tyche hadn't been expecting to see anyone, but the building was close to the shithole she called home. For now anyway. No, Tyche had come because, like so many Awakened, now and then she needed some semblance of Sanctuary. She needed some time to think and adjust with herself.

However, Fate, it seemed, had other ideas. Exiting the rooftop door, it was hard not to see the pink haired tagger. Naturally, Tyche was surprised, but the expression soon melted away to grant the Apostate a wry smirk.

"Sup?"
    greeted the Acanthus.

Tyche approached the roof's edge, hands slipping into her worn jeans as she looked to the streets below.

"Needed some time to think too, huh?"
    she ventured. It would be poor form to waste an opportunity to get to know the Thrysus. Maybe tonight Tyche would learn why so many were taken by her.

3. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Apostate Shaman, and known graffiti artist. Normally seen wearing a worn leather jacket, with the kanji for 'Nana korobi, ya oki' written down the arm.

Nimbus

Small shapes akin to petals, cascade, shiny ruby in the air, before ending on the ground in a ruddy pool of their own making.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Briar Rose hears the steps before she see who they belong to. Seeing the pretty Guardian she relaxes, as much as one could around a pretty girl and a Guardian besides.

"Hey." a gulp of her drink, the thick kohl that normally rings her eyes is smudged and streaking. "Yeah. My sister baled. So I'm in Sacramento on my lonesome now." a bitter laugh, and another swig. The leather of her jacket squeaking at the motion. Her sleeve pulls up and shows off the dark stain of ink tattooed onto her skin.

"Want one?" she shows her bottle, giving it a little shimmy. Tapping the rest with her boot clad foot, as they lay beside her. "Vodka~"

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

A green mist circles Tyche's legs. With Vulgar magic being cast, the mist churns at a faster rate and with greater abundance while Tyche's form is enveloped by a silver glow

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking back Tyche winces.

"Oof,"
    she says as she walks back to the wall and sits on the floor leaning her back against it, "That's... rough, man. I'm sorry. She say why?"

At the offer, Tyche would shrug.

"Why not?"
    Tyche replies, holding her hand up to retrieve the bottle for a drink of her own.

"Oh!"
    said the Acanthus, "And you're not alone. Corny, I know, but you can't argue with facts."

She'd give the Thrysus a wink, trying to get in a little levity for the situation.

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

Another laugh, this time spewing some of the cooler out into the air, dribbling down onto her chin. "She didn't say anything she just up and...poof." a shrug as she uses her shirt collar to mop up the mess on her chin. "Maybe she found Pixel's school of thought, and wanted to try it out or whatever but like." a sigh. Her eyes looking glassy, she rubs them with the back of her hand. "Shit. Sorry and yeah I get it, I shoulda expected her to do this, she always -" another sigh, "Sorry."

She looks up at Tyche, snorting.. "True enough. Here you are." another pull from the bottle, "What brings you up here?"

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche's brows raised slightly as the Thrysus continued to slowly self-destruct. It'd be useful for Tyche's work if she had found Briar Rose in such a state. Drunk lips were easy to pry, but Tyche wasn't here for work.

"And what is Pixel's line of tho- Oh..."
    she said, stopping herself as she realized Briar Rose was talking about the Free Council, "Well, I'm not gonna launch into any big uh... political talk. Considering my company, I think you know how I feel about it."

A hand would rise up and grasp the Thrysus' shoulder, giving it a shake as she apologized.

"It's good, I don't mind lending an ear,"
    she says, brushing it off, "I'd rather you talk to, like, someone rather than be by here by yourself. That shit makes it worse I think."

To her question, Tyche shrugs.

"I picked up sticks and moved to a new city without knowing anyone in order to honor some real vague orders," she says, "Sometimes when that happens, ya girl needs some time to think. As for why here? I dunno. Rooftops have a way of separation I guess. Gives me a little barrier for me and my thoughts?"

8. Likes liked this post
    Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

(Cleanse Body)Mana 0 Spent
    PRE

Briar Rose looks at Tyche for a moment, one eye blinking more often the the other. She rubs at her eye, "Wh-politics...no, no. I mean the other Pixel exclusive. Y'know." she taps her temple, "But the other one, Poof. Yeah?" Trying to remember why she didn't wanna say Warlock and Space out loud was getting harder.

Fuck.

Absently clumsy, imprecise lines of golden covert glyph work appear, and just as quickly the glaze in her eyes, clears.

Then she looks up. Shit. Probably shouldn't have done that in front of a Guardian. But it wasn't a vulgar, so, points? Yeah. Whatever.

"Yeah. I'm not too good on the whole finding people to lean on. So." she shrugs and looks at her bottle. There was still more, and this time she could get herself buzzed all over again.

An understanding nod, "I came up here for art actually, but. Well." her fingers dance around the bottles. "It would take some time for someone to come and interrupt me, but, I do enjoy that distance when I'm in the thrall to my muse."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-23 21:22:51 Briar Rose rolls 8 to Cleanse Body (Life 3+Gnosis2+EXaFF3) (10 Again) 7, 7, 1, 5, 5, 9, 1, 6 1 success

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Briar explains further, Tyche is confused at first, but ...the other Pixel exclusive... and ...Poof filled in the blanks well enough. Morgan was interested in Space.

"Gotcha,"
    she said. As the glyph glimmers lightly Tyche smirks, granting Thyrsus a knowing look. However, the spell was covert, no need to chastise considering the circumstances. Not heavily anyway.

"Relax," she offers, knowing the fear her Order promotes all too well, "Let's just not make it a huge habit out here, yeah?"

Covert or no, if they had been in a crowd and people saw little Rose sober up at the drop of a hat that could draw questions. Up here by there lonesome? Less important.

"Welp, we'll need to change that,"
    she says with a smile, "And the way I see it, you're alone and I came alone. Two peas. Minus, y'know, the whole affiliation bit. So you got a start."

A bit blunt maybe, but Tyche felt for the gal and, frankly, having a friend wouldn't be a bad thing. Working with spies could be stressful stuff. She'd need someone to turn to now and then.

"Don't let me stop you," T
    yche offers with a smile, "It'll probably make you feel a lot better than that will, but I can't really be one to judge."

She gestured to the vodka.

"I'm willing to stick around and chat while you work,"
    she affirms, "Got nowhere to be."

Presance
    (Volatile)
    Status (Street)
    (Graffiti Artist)
    Allies
    (Street, Criminal)
    Briar Rose

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Occult 1

Vulgar

PRE

She nods, wiping her hands on her jeans after places the bottle beside her, she moves them to her hair and knots it off her neck. "Not a big habit out here. Yeah." she repeats with a grin. Oh no, I don't break the Law Pretty Guardian, no siree bob.

"We're all along until we're alone, together?" she asks with a twist to her lips. "Yeah, I'm not currently affiliated with any of our political parties." was that telling? Had she told others she was her pink haired Apostate self? Meh, whatever, it wasn't like they wouldn't find out eventually. She hadn't claimed and Order and none had claimed her. Eventually people would talk.

...if they got over the yelling.

"Nah, what I got all up in here." a vague motion towards her heart and her mind, "Isn't something I wanna let out on the brick face. I'd want to put it to proper canvas first." She rolls her shoulders, "Maybe after I'll come back up here and do something up."

A laugh, slight bit more whole then the brittle sound it had been moments before.

"Sure, if you insist." Briar Rose moves off to reach for her bag, Tyche can hear the clank of spray cans knocking into each other, but she doesn't reach for them, she pulls out a stained sketchpad instead. The mechanical pencil clipped to the cover. "There, I can do a lil'doodle and we can talk."

12. Likes Stray liked this post

New Identity
    (Penny Haraldson)
    Allies (Street)
    Status
    (Guardians of the Veil)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Tyche

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tyche nods and smiles as Thrysus confirms it was not a regular occurrence. If this had been work related or had happened in a populated area, she'd probably look into her words more, but there wasn't anyone else around and sometimes giving someone the benefit of the doubt could help the work down the line. So long as you kept it scarce.

As Briar Rose mentions her Apostate status, the Acanthus shrugs.

"Hell I wasn't either, not for the first, like, four years?
    " she states, recalling her past, "Then, well... something happened that changed my mind."

Tyche tried to make that nonchalant as she could, but her eyes had a dark cast. Her tone lost some of it's usual lightness, though it remained friendly enough. Whatever happened was not innocuous and whatever she had seen burned in her mind to this day.

She paused, looking to the other buildings before looking back to Briar Rose with a smile, pushing back whatever dark history was hitting her mind to the depths where it belonged.

"Not a bad idea. Paper is easy to replace, fixing a problem on the brick is a bit more of a pain I imagine,"
    she said.

She watches her work for a bit.

"I will say one thing I will say about politics, then I'll drop it. Promise,"
    she says, "I'm surprised no one's talked to you about it. Lots of folks seem to be, uh... interested in you? Pixie especially."

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread