Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The coffee shop wasn't that busy at this time of day- which was kind of what Nathaniel was counting on, for the same reason he'd wanted to talk with Marie outside of the club. Getting to know one another better, just... The two of them. Hopefully.

As for his attire, Nathaniel was actually rather outside his usual- wearing a polo and jeans, the former of which helped show the fruits of his physical training. He was also carrying his bag, within which was plenty of occult material based on prior discussions- including some locations of supposedly haunted locations.

He found a nice spot in a corner, deciding to wait to order anything until she arrived, rehearsing lines in his head and trying to formulate answers for the usual questions- false answers and half-truths that were necessary whenever the herd started to ask things.

Circe @%1;

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

(Harden the Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Circe is wearing one of her usual business suits with the addition of gloves and a re-breather hanging from her neck. Hanging from her shoulder was a laptop carrying case, with said laptop and a few other pieces of paperwork.

She'd sent a warning text to both Seraphina and Rhodes, telling them where she was going, why, and to refer to her as Mary if they were there. It wouldn't do for the mundy occultist to think he was talking to a goddess.

Sure she was plenty enchanting but it wasn't like she could make Nathaniel turn into a wolf. Get him to howl? Easy.

Speaking of there the mundy was, "Heyo Nate!" Circe heads to the table, "Glad ya ain't sick man." She takes the seat opposite Nathaniel, "How's the ghost business?"
    Last edited by Circe; Mar 21st, 2020 at 05:07 PM.  Reason for Edit: Harden the Mask
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was there a bug going around? He'd been a tad disconnected from Herd news a bit and... Did she always look good in a suit? Wait didn't she wear them before? Maybe it was the coffeeshop aesthetic, or maybe it was him actually wanting to try and get serious about this kinda stuff but... Oh boy.

A quick clear of the throat to compose himself- "Nathaniel. And the ghost business is... About what you'd expect. Lots of myths and legends to go by, plenty of rituals-" Some of which Nathaniel was eager to test on ghosts- would Bind Spirit work on such a being? "- but without an actual place to test, it's moot. There are several haunted spaces we could visit, and apparently even equipment we could make that might be able to spot them, but I don't have the means to get that kinda stuff." He also didn't need it, technically. He could already see ghosts.

"But that could get dangerous" For a human, and an unprepared wolf. "And I don't like the thought of someone getting hurt? Um. From vagrants or wild animals, I mean. And maybe ghosts?..." A smile there, attempting to be warm. He had no doubt she could handle herself under normal circumstances- but this wasn't that. Not in the slightest- even wolves had to be wary when trucking with the dead.

"Ah- do you want to grab some drinks while we talk?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Coffee of course, I got a tab here," she gives Nathaniel a serious look, "It is that good here. Let me know what ya want. Imma get a sparkled cappuccino."

Then Circe smirks, "So ya don't have a solid grip on spooks yet?" Then giggles, "Dude, I gave ya some toys fer finding spooks, remember? I mean no Ghostbuster goggles, my work got in the way. Ya know what they say work hard ta play hard and its always good when it is hard," wink. Could she get him to blush was a good game.

Nathaniel was so timid. Good. She nods at his fears. It might help him escape Their notice. She herself had no fear of such mundane threats. She puffs up proudly, "I am confident in my strength ta see ta my own safety," then shakes her head, "Stray pups and hobos are easy enough ta run off, depends on how ya want ta do it. Unless ya know," she shrugs, "The pups are cute. Then ya'd need a taser ta get me ta leave 'em."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

ooc: Forgot no virus in EoD. Circe is NOT wearing a re-breather

6. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

She had a tab here? Perhaps he shouldn't have been surprised. "Mm.. Yeah- I'll try one too." He made the order. The pup generally avoided coffee, but hey? He was already stepping out of the box. Just had to restrain from shifting for a few hours.

Her giggle was... Was that mocking? Or amused? Or... Just happy? He couldn't tell, but the crescent still blushed- and stammered. "h-hey! It's not like I don't have work either you know." If she only. Between pack matters and cramming for university and trying to earn funds. "I've done a lot of research. Just... Not easy finding a good place and time to do this stuff alone."

Marie liked dogs. That was a good sign, right? "Ah- yeah, I like them too." Or wolves. What did she think of wolves? Whatever the case, she seemed confident. And upfront. And it totally worked- Nathaniel was a bit of a mess by that point anyways. "ah- That's... Y... yeah? Hard work is um... Good." Was he supposed to agree there?

Wait, wait wait wait. He could work with this. "I ah- I bet we could get a lot of hard work done if we got together sometime?" That was his attempt at persuasion. His confident and commanding demeanor, so available around spirits, wasn't as present as it normally was-
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-22 13:06:09 Nathaniel rolls 4 to Persuade 'Marie' (manipulation + persuasion) (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 4, 5 3 successes

-but, hopefully he was composed enough not to utterly screw this up.
    "You're very talented is all- you're always looking to make things and do stuff, even when most of the other members just talk theory? I bet if we worked more closely, the two us, we could get a lot done. oh! You um.. Look nice, by the way. I like the suit." Shoot, he should've led with that. It was a flimsy enough attempt as it was, to ask for a date... Granted he hadn't used that word once, and didn't even know how she'd interpret it... ah.... Shit.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Grand, though I also adore bunnies and monkeys," she snickers at the private joke there, "Former are adorbs, latter are best in a barrel oh ho ho ho!" Though the dick joke seems to have gone over poor Nate's head. Or wait a minute? Did it?

Tied!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-23 23:06:59 Circe rolls 6 to Do flirt work (10 Again) 7, 1, 8, 1, 9, 8 3 successes

"Oh this is custom,"
    she waves down to her suit, "Got a bunch fitted. My tailors would love ya. Weeell," Circe tilts her head, "Herbert would more. He is the type ta not flirt with women ya see." She laughs. "But are you the type?" Wink, "And ya want ta work haaard? You must really want ta see man hands moving all over. Getting a ghost cam going, special research, all nighters," Nathaniel gets a wink, "So many holes ta research."

She crosses her fingers, because the mundy was cute but the last bunch of cute guys she'd flirted with had been gay. Enough total knockouts to her ego to be a TKO.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bunnies and monkeys? Another thing that almost flew by his head- it didn't seem surprising at all. And then her laugh, just... Shattering through everything.

And as she continued... Luna Above she was incomprehensibly so... So...

"-Ah I don't think I could afford-" And she kept going. "-Well it's best to do work without distraction bu-" Father Below why was he blushing so hard at this. "-I thought taking a break in the middle of it all wouldn't be unwarrant-" Innuendo after innuendo, like anvils from the sky.

NO. Ya know what? Nathaniel was Uratha. He'd hunted down dangerous spirits and lived between two worlds. He bore renown and had done things no member of the Herd could comprehend. No way was he going to let this be what broke him!...

...Well, that's what he told himself for confidence before lightly palming the table to cut through any more potential innuendo. "Marie. Would you like to go on a ghost-hunting date with me?" With as much confidence as his voice could muster. No attempt to be cheeky or persuasive there- just blunt honesty. Though the awkward demeanor returned shortly after.

"I just really..." REALLY "Think we could accomplish a lot together. All-nighters and that Kind of research potentially included?" He just hoped she was at least serious about the ghost hunting and wouldn't toss it completely out the window- it was their biggest link.

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe watched Nathaniel with a smile. And what was the mundy trying to say? Oh look at that, Nate was getting confused. A blush? Her smile gets bigger at how adorable he was! Circe considered this a major win, even better was that the whip cream covered coffee arrived. Complete with glittery sugar on top to make it sparkle, "Ooooh the modern ambrosia has arrived."

Circe made a point to lick a clean spot before sipping the cappuccino. Then he asks her out on a date. A ghost hunting date? "Wow that's a unique theme and," she reveals her crossed fingers as she perkily says, "Finally I flirt with a cute guy who ain't inta other cute guys, sesta ora fascino."

She then leans against the table with her chin resting on her palm. Circe has positioned herself to emphasize some anatomy. "Hmmm." She hums loudly, "Hmmm," then nods, "Okay yes. But what is the dress code? Full body covers ala Ghostbusters?" She leans back with a giggle, "I look great in a suit but I am totally lacking ones that jump. Or speed. Nope. Just Business, bathing, or gimp." She gives him an evil smile as she sips her drink again then sings, "Which would ya preeeefer?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Thank the Lunes, coffee as a distraction... A momentary reprieve from the onslaught. It allowed for a good few seconds of pause as they drank, Nathaniel quickly darting his eyes anywhere but her expressions as he sipped, simply agreeing with her about it's quality. "mmmHmmm".

Ok, so. She was taking it... better than expected and- "Finally I flirt with a cute guy who ain't inta other cute guys, sesta ora fascino." A nervous laugh from the wolf then- nope, not cute guys. Just a Spirit from another Plane of Existence. But she was considering it and showing off and Father Below she was just toying with him again wasn't she?! "Hey that's-" Oh.

She said yes. WAIT. She said- "-ah.. hm..." What did he do now? He... They needed a dress code? "Well I suppose-" Wait she had a WHAT suit?!

Ok. Deeep breath. Got a victory- don't screw it up. Confidence- big bad wolf, right? Right. This was just a walk in the park. Talking down a wolf in Kuruth, hunting the Pure, awakening a spirit; and seriously, his life had been in danger so many times. He had this. And... He was starting to warm up to it. "It might get chilly if we stay wherever overnight, so grab warm clothes just in case. It might get dirty where we are-" He instantly regretted that choice of words- Nathaniel held up a finger before she could twist that "-So bring a change of clothes, or bring a pair you don't mind getting ruined. Aside from that, just go practical? If we start making a career out of this, we can look at official outfits." Making plans. Setting things up- he was used to this. It was morale boosting.

Enough to try flirting back, more confidence in his voice. "And if you're ever feeling... Impractical... while we're ghost hunting, I think the bathing suit would come in handy." He leaned forward a bit, and smiled. Was he doing that right? It felt right.
       Flirt?
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-24 10:26:58 Nathaniel rolls 4 to Persuade 'Marie' (manipulation + persuasion) (10 Again) 7, 8, 8, 9 3 successes

He'd wanted to ask Marie out specifically for a reason- maybe this was it? Aside from the occult stuff... her demeanor and attitude and everything was certainly... Well, he liked it all so far.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread