Ended
Watch

On The Same Wavelength?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    S
    Shodan

"The way I understand it, you don't actually find them, but make them. You take a load of a mundane material, toss it in and out of Twilight like... a lot of times, and you end up with way less of what you started, but with fun novel properties" Expensive business, that, but probably necessary for any real breakthroughs "Basically the point is, even if I will get enough money to buy myself a cart of gold or silver or something, I'll still need someone with the appropriate magic skill, for understandable reasons" Climbing the ladder of Death was hard enough for Obrimoi, and doing it long enough to cross between worlds? Hell no, it's probably better to owe someone a favor.

He fake-pouts when Aurora bars him from using imagination on the car "So you'd pass up on a hidden rocket launcher? Or a car that folds into a submarine? Suit yourself, I guess, but the offer is there" Just imagine all the gadgets that'd fit in a big enough frame! That's some Mad Max shenanigans right there.

The Libertine simply shrugs when the Shaman voices her doubts on the Consilium's mysterious benefactor "Odd... yeah, that's the word. Except? There's no such thing as free lunch. Call me paranoid, but I'm absolutely positive this person is going to one day show up on our doorstep and say we all owe her. We're not gonna like it when that happens" It's the fact that he doesn't really know anything about them that unnerves him most. Enemies with a face he can handle. Unknowns without a trace? Not so much "And well perpared? Like 'we have a master of Life on board' prepared?" He smiles slightly. Picking locks and exploring around Indiana Jones-style is probably a lot easier when you can just magic up years worth of expertise.

He's really, honestly surprised at her openly admitting this 'shit not together' thing. Not because he somehow imagined Aurora not to have any problems, but... don't thearchs, even ex-thearchs, do their absolute best to keep their cards close as self-appointed leaders? Especially in the presence of people outside of their Order? "It's probably hard to believe, but I do occasionally shut up and listen to people" He says with a small chuckle "If there's something bothering you that I can help with, I will do my best. Even if it's just being a person one yells at to feel better" Having a terrible day? Yell or punch something. It's unbelievable how emotionally cleansing it is.

However, Shodan grows more dour as she explains how she - and, apparently, others - view him. It's pretty weird, considering that as far as he's heard, Campanella was the only one to publicly describe him as reckless. Which can mean he's the object of gossip in Sacramento. How flattering. Not. "So that's what others think about me? What you think about me? That I'm a danger? I'd say the risk-to-reward ratio of how I do things is tipped in my favor, although I'm obviously biased" He thinks on it for a moment, chewing some food "But you know what? Maybe you're right, and maybe 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' was right, too. Everyone makes mistakes, so if you do and say nothing while everyone around you fucks up, you're going to win big" The remark is obviously tongue-in-cheek, and not entirely how he views things. Because if a relationship is one voiced opinion away from not being built? Then that relationship is based on a Lie.

Shodan gets a phone call and leaves.
    This is a generic account for moderating the Mage game/forums. It cannot receive messages and inquiries should be posted on your character sheet or messaged to the specific Mage ST(s).

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.