Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist chuckled, "I am sure some would say that the nature of our existence makes it inevitable. That because of the time we have, it would be a struggle to keep things simple rather than growing more and more complex."

Another chuckle, this one dry and sharp, "Some of our Covenants are in fact ridiculed for elements within them that speak to prove the point." No one in Sacramento did so openly in regards to the Invictus title code, but she had heard enough apologies for not understanding to know that the sentiment likely existed.

"And others would argue that simple risks stagnation." A wrinkling of her nose, a sound of distaste at the word. Stagnation was death as much as a stake through her heart.

"To find a balance though... She trailed off, a soft murmur of noise as she contemplated briefly what that would entail and bring.

A short chuckle, "But I digress perhaps too much?" The question offered up to Alice Hart

A sigh, half amused and half understanding boredom, "Feast or famine no? If the next time you find yourself in a dull moment though, perhaps we together can overcome it." The offer was genuine, if surprisingly missing any of the overtones expected from a Daeva.

"I will however not complain at the quiet being due to a lack of threats."

Sorry Saber Sloth ! Totally dropped the ball
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice listens, nodded, considering. "No, continue if you like. I think this is the longest I've heard you speak. Though perhaps that I my own fault. I had avoided you in the passed. You do cut an intimidating figure." Alice, angels her body towards the Deava, broadcasting their conversation, and exclusion of the other kindred who were around, at least for now.

"Regarding my epiphany, it is good to hear that my continued presence wouldn't be...unwelcome. I wouldn't want to force my presence upon someone, but I'm not going to hide in a corner." not any longer, and not in the cold way she had tried before either. "And, I will say yes, now, that I will seek you out when I find another dull moment."

Alice laughs, soft and hollow, "Though I kind of miss it. That moment of clarity, and the execution of your skills." it was how she learned to pray, truly pray, and feel the hands of her Gods upon her.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a rueful half smile, "The fault is not only yours." A soft chuckle, "And you are not the only one to do such." Many nights at court had been spent wandering with little more than nods of acknowledgment to keep her company.

She had seen no solution from others in similar situations either. A desire to socialize at war with the inherent wary distance positions granted to those who held them. The trouble was that you wanted that wary distance. It meant you were doing your job right. Usually. Well. For her.

She spread her hands slightly, not pulling away from Alice's lean in. "I was merely thinking that we are caught between two pulls. To stay simple and to grow more complex. There is danger in both ways of course. So finding a balance seems a worthwhile pursuit. I imagine many find a path to such through their covenants."

"Ah! I am glad!" Twist replied enthusiastically. Both to her statement regarding herself and the potential future meeting.

Fighting to ignore the hollow ring to her laugh, surely it wasn't meant, "Is there something preventing you from experiencing it again?"

4. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It is a shame." Alice says. Remembering the fear and then the understanding, and now the regret. "I have heard that you are an....interesting individual." Alice would claim she had heard of the Deava and her conversational prowess but Alice couldn't remember if any had praised her thus, and out of all of the Kindred she had known who had known Twist enough to boast such a thing.

"Not as such. Though I might be come future nights." she agrees, contemplative. "I have come to realize that I make things more complicated then is called for. I am trying to simplify things, perhaps not entirely, but...before the hounds, and Dirge. I might have spent the night imagination our conversation but not daring to say a word. Now, I decided that I wanted to talk to you and that I would talk to you. Simple."

Though she still nods, jerking and strings pulled. "...finding a balance within my covenant. Yes, I have tried and will continue to try." remembering ice, fear and discipline. Then water, action and resolution. Epiphanies wrapped into layers of consequence.

"A known threat." She responds quickly. "There is something different about live combat, that sparing doesn't have..." she was sure the Hound understood.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist chuckled, even as she dropped her head in a nod of acknowledgment toward the compliment?

"Ah, I understand!" Twist exclaimed. A pause and then an almost rueful curl to her lips, "I believe that sometimes I have the opposite issue." Her admission was said softly but no less confidently than anything else earlier stated.

"But," she continued in a cheerier tone, "I am glad for your growth. It seems only to be a good thing for the City," a smile, [color="#663366"]"And myself."

As to the mention of the night of their fight with Dirge, she chose not to address at Court. Twist had succeeded only to fail, and if her thoughts on the results of the event where conflicted she could not imagine Alice's. That topic was perhaps better to be kept private, or at least saved for one of their potential meetings in the future. Not Court.

"Ah- yes." This time, her expression of understanding was quiet. "You are correct there. I would not trade the experience for the safety of the Domain, but there is a difference."

7. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A hollow hum, "I can imagine that in nights to come I will find my new philosophy an issue." she admits, "Though that is an issue for the nights to come. I'll adapt. Stagnation...." a too-wide-too-fake smile, paired with a jerk of her shoulders. "We must continue to grow, and hopefully it will always be something that can and will do the Domain and Her Majesty's Court proud." she says, reining in her honesty. She was still at Court speaking with the Hound.

And the silence from the Daeva was telling, and so Alice keeps it so.

"I would never wish to compromise the safety to the Domain either," she says for those listening ears. True as it was, the would not hear false of her words. Even as the Curse ran rabid and twisted them with a hollow mockery. "But the get the Blood pumping again...."

She falls into the quiet stillness of the dead.

"Would you like to spar?" Asks the Doll, the could fight, though it would not have that truly dangerous edge, and could....talk.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am sure that it will be," was the simple answer.

A nod, understanding all that was said and unsaid.

With the question a spark lit up Twist's eyes and for a moment it almost seemed as if she would clap her hands together in delight. She did not. But it was clear through body language, and more importantly for Alice, tone that she loved the idea.

"Very much so!" A pause, an unneeded breath taken, her tone calmer. "I still have the same facilities as last time. But perhaps you would like to try somewhere else?"

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, simple as that.

Alice smiles then. Wide-wide-wide. Sharp, and fake. Had they spared before....she couldn't remember. Wasn't their only bout at the combative, no tournament court...?

"It is up to you Your Grace, it is your facility on offer. And, of your enjoyment of any visuals." a chuckle, dark yet artificial as her smile. "Though if you wish for me to find a location for a lesson or two, then I will attempt to do so."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was that hesitation? Or just the affect of her curse? Twist wasn't sure, but she supposed it did not ultimately matter to her.

"I would be glad to host," her reply easy and honest sounding. Tilting her head, she considered the doll, looking her over, looking for something. As Seneschal, it would possibly be within her power to have it despite the rules that held for most.

"The last time you spoke of interest in procuring a specific type of blade. Were you able to ever find such? Or has your taste changed?" There was no judgement in her voice with the second question. She herself had a fondness for knives, but she had learned styles from Ishani that she found herself using nearly as often.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, grateful, but mocking. Practice, but jerking. "My thanks, Your Grace."

The question was a surprise, she hadn't thought any one but her remembered.

"Regrettably, no. I am still hunting for such a blade, but I have developed a fondness for smaller blades, daggers." her little fang, "As well as my....fists." she says, dreaming of the moment when she could shuck her skin off and bear claws.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread