Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Loyalty Is,) Diner Destination

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul waited for the remainder of the group, saying nothing until Robert showed himself.

"Thank you," he offered, the words blunt, if sincere, "In this land, I am called Bart. Well met."

His mind slowly pieces together new words for the Elemental, doing so as quickly as the mind of the Beast would allow him.

"Your pain is one I share,"
    the Goatman stated, a certain sadness creeping into his ponderous tone, "And I wish to see the matter satisfied. I know you don't want to see us. I know you don't want to help us understand what happened. I understand the wrath burning in you more than you know and, while nothing can bring her back, I will do what I can to see the matter discussed with their... director. You have my word. This tragedy will not be swept away like the pages of a forgotten tale. To do this, though, I must understand. Please..."

It was a long lead up, but the matter was a delicate one and Bugul wished to be careful.

"You have said this Abraham crawled through window and threatened you to 'do something,'"
    Bugul said, recounting the man's passionate tale, "Was he more specific?"

2. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

True to form, the Bright One draws every single eye. Some faces slacken and mouths open. Greasy diner food forgotten in the view of the gorgeous women, many do in fact pull out their smart phones, snapping photos and recording video. Those who don't will kick themselves later for not doing the same. The not so quiet murmurs cease, replaced by nods, and understanding. Some one even ventures to say "Theatre therapy." Others, applaud.

Titania gains 3 Glamour!

With the Lost now safety outside, Sonnie finds the closed dumpster, the tallest thing out there, even if it smells exactly like you'd think a diner dumpster to smell like.

Robert paces, rage and hurt and grief. The silhouette of his flaming heart flickering, casting it into shower. He drags his hands through his hair, looking at the Goatman, an ugly sneer letting up to something like resigned understanding. "She can't be forgotten, she was light and life, she was warm and fierce and smart. Witch fires, she was smart. Smarter then me." a wistful forlorn look appears, before he continues.

"He came through our window, and demanded we tell him things. Said that we had to, because he has a sword and we didn't." He says, stopping. "He didn't ask anything. He wanted something, but he didn't say. Not before his sword saw use." he says fierce and fast.

You can roll a Wits+Empathy to see if he's telling the truth.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 11:02:10 Robert Coal Eyes rolls 4 to Evassive (10 Again) 6, 8, 6, 7 1 success

4. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Hmm", she licks her lips seductively, still basking in the afterglow. It's been a while.
    She bows to her audience one last time, smiling for the cameras. No, she won't sign any autograph, not tonight at least.
    She fetches her bag, and then with an elegant stride she leaves the Diner... Wait, one more thing. "Thank you. And don't forget to come by Funderland for more of our exciting performances", and with that, she's truly out, ready to join the rest of the cast.
    "So?", she asks her caprine bodyguard and the elemental outside, "politeness is still the best form of introduction. I'm Eleanor", she offers him a reassuring smile.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 14:21:01 Titania rolls 12 to Reassuring Smile (Pre + Pers + Spec [if it applies] + SL4) (10 Again) 7, 3, 2, 1, 6, 5, 6, 8, 2, 7, 9, 5 2 successes

Glamour: 6
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Not really tall enough to give her any sort of comfort, but anything was better than ground level. Besides, the smell wasn't a deal breaker. Up she went, and perched she was atop the dumpster (lid closed, of course). Her messenger bag was slung over her shoulder once more, and her quarterstaff rested across her knees.

Although her instinctual need to eliminate a threat to her pack had been quelled by needling doubts of the late Abraham's behavior, that didn't mean she trusted the Elemental. He could still be fibbing.

Sonnie wasn't the best at reading people. They lacking the scents, rising hackles and subtle grunts of primate-kind. Even some occasional chest-thumping would help. Still, she still remembered enough to make a decent attempt at spotting a liar.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 14:36:21 Sonnie Wu rolls 4 to The Flaming Truth? Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 10, 7, 3, 1, 6 1 success
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

7. Likes liked this post

Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

The results affect Bugul's next post, apologies for posting out of order

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 17:43:36 Bugul rolls 2 to Telling the Truth? Wits+Empathy-Untrained (10 Again) 10, 7, 6 1 success

9. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

To help with people's posts, Anyone who gains 1 or more suxx on the Empathy roll, can tell his words have a ring of truth to them, but he is being evasive about something.

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-28 23:39:33 Reading Robert rolls 9 to Wits + empathy + Adroitness + Speicialty (9 Again) 3, 6, 3, 7, 9, 8, 4, 5, 3, 6 2 successes

"Thank you for the help."

He offered a nod of appreciation to both Titania and Bugul, he wasn't used to...leading. It was not something he was used to and it just didn't feel right. Think tonight only proved that though it could have gotten a whole lot worse so partial credit for the attempt and full credit to those two for the salvage. He offered Sonnie a sympathetic glance before turning back to Robert.

"We might not be members of the same club, but we're still kin of a sort. Let us remember her by name, we can start with that."

He offered a small frown and bow of his head in solemn solace. Loss was something James was all to familiar with, a common sorrow.

"He didn't ask for anything at all but he wanted something? Can you please elaborate Robert, I know it's hard and it hurts but we're honestly just trying to find out what happened. I want to stop anything like this from happening to anyone else if I can."

Goes by the name: John

Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien

PRE

Bugul let out a knowing sigh, solemn tones dancing along it as he recalls his own past.

Normally the Goatman was tightlipped about it, but here he saw a chance to help the man heal... and to help the freehold in the process.

"The way you speak of her reminds me of Korrigan," he says, the name of the dead causing his lip to quiver, though he regains control, "She was... fearless, more so than any others in my family beyond the wall."

A look to the distance.

"I taught her to survive there, but, when we returned, she taught me to live,"
    he offered, "For a while at least."

At the evasiveness though, the Goatman frowns.

"There is something else,"
    he says bluntly, but directly was rarely the thing to do in these situations. Bugul was not an adept conversationalist and rarely patient in such matters

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-29 01:16:41 Bugul rolls 4 to Persuade the Truth (Man + Pers) (10 Again) 1, 4, 7, 6 failure

Pretty Princess
    Presence
    (Lovely)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Arcadian Body
    (Presence)
    Striking Looks
    (Gorgeous)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Posh Accent)
    Titania

Telluric / Bright One

Fairest

Mask

A striking brunette in her 20s with deep blue eyes, shoulder length hair and a 1000-watt smile. Her features have a radiant beauty to them. She styles herself after the latest fashions, never forgetting to add a touch of tradition to her mises.
    Titania

Mien

The elegant and armonious movement of the celestial spheres is reflected upon her hair, galaxies dance across the pitch black background in clockwork-like precision, delicate specks of moondust blaze down in her wake, disappearing just as they touch the floor. Her eyes, like star sapphires, shine in tandem with the globes of light that dance around her, floating like planets swept around a Sun.
    Titania

Mantle

A field of roses under the glistening pale moon of a star sprangled spring night. Occasionally, midnight blue roses emerge from her hair, their petals swept by a gentle breeze, just to fade into the bed of sparkling diamond moondust left in her trail by her mien, vanishing without trace soon thereafter.

FAME
    +2
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Telluric Bright One

"Don't mention it", she replies cheekily. She was used to leading.
    She pays a brief look at the Sonnie's situation, perhaps she should help her, convince her to calm down and be a proper lady.
    But she's exactly where she's supposed to be, an inner voice squeezes out before she manages to squash her away. Yet, she can't suppress the smirk.
    Nevermind though, friendship is a matter of sacrifice. "Would you please come down? There is no threat to your safety, I assure you", she pleads in her impeccable british accent, the dimples in her cheeks offering the reassurance of an innocent smile.
    The Elemental is lying - she can read him like an open book - well, not really lying, lying and cheating are the expected corollary of murder after all, but he's certainly being reticent. "Sir, I believe the mood of the meeting would certainly improve if you were a bit more forthcoming. I assure you, we all understand the gravity of the situation and the extent of your loss. But we're mourning as well", she looks from the Elemental to the monkey.
    Well, they weren't all mourning... or maybe Sonnie mourned differently.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-29 05:24:39 Titania rolls 12 to To soothe (Pre + Persuasion + SL 4 + Spec) (10 Again) 10, 10, 3, 4, 3, 8, 9, 8, 1, 1, 5, 4, 4, 5 5 successes

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-29 05:28:45 Titania rolls 4 to Wits + Empathy (10 Again) 3, 9, 3, 9 2 successes
    New Identity ● (Eleanor Tessier)
    Fame ● (Social Media)

0 Scenes

Softly, sadly, he says, "Her name was Allie. Allison. I called her Allie. She called me Bobby." he looks up to the Lost, lost himself. "Fearless, yeah, that's my Allie." like his mantle, his tears steam too.

"That's what I said!" volume elevated, but not quite a proper yell, "That's what happened!" looking between the Lost, he shakes, "He-he...asked for a glass of water." Looking again at the three, "Mourning...." he whispers to himself.

"...he wanted the water because Allie's Clause was setting the bed on fire. Allie lit up, 'cause of the sword..." he shakes his head. Looking again at the Lost. A rueful twist to his lips. "He probably came in with that fucking sword...." looking up once more, his coal eyes, loosing their embers, "Because he might have suspected that Allie and me, were kidnapping people." He says, coals well and truly dead, the rain a constant pitter-patter.

15. Likes Abyssalstar, Vincent liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread