Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap chuckles, "I really don't have a favorite breed to work with, to be honest Herald Jack. I like all the horses just fine. It's the owners that I like some more than others to work with, though that ain't because of their breed either." He says

Dirt Nap smiles slightly at Mable, gently appreciating and apparently returning her apparent fondness. He nods, "My pleasure, Ma'am, Keeper Wood." He says softly. "I wish saying the truth were always a pleasure, but it ain't, so I thank you, Ma'am."

2. Likes liked this post
    Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the exchanges of affection were shared, something else caught Jacque's ear. He was surprised that Lenora would so bluntly make her move, and then furthermore when the Prince decided to play coy with her.

A grin splashed across his lips up until he saw the Priscus' reaction. Really? He thought to himself as his expression softened. It appeared she felt he owed her something more pressing, more urgent than what he agreed to. Then followed her pitch. A light scratch against the status quo, but an ill-motivated one nonetheless.

The amusement of the Prince by the exchange was the only saving grace, prior to her setting the facts straight. She could be toying with him for baiting the reaction after the fiasco with Thomas but only time would tell, so for now he reflected her mood.

He chuckled at Dirt Nap's response, "Fair enough, I suppose." He looked around at the waning masses as the evening draws closer to an end, "If you both would excuse me, I should probably retire for the night." There were some tomes he wished to chip into further while there was still time left.

He bowed his head politely to this current company to excuse himself.

Jacque returns to the main thread

Blood Hunt:

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

"Good eve," Jennifer bid the Herald good evening.

"Saying the truth should always be a pleasure. I do wish there were more situations where honesty were prized." Jennifer agrees with Dirt Nap.
    "I wouldn't mind seeing the Farm sometime, if it is not covenant secret, Madame Keeper."
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Have a good evening, Herald." Mable gave Jack a nod and a grim smile.

Turning to Jennifer, "Oh it's not a secret. Quite the opposite. I welcome visitors and even have a place for visitors to stay the day. I would love you to come visit."

"Yes, I like the truth. But it can be a bit elusive at times. What I mean is, beyond others lying, there are times that the truth may shift or change. Don't you agree?"

7. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap smiles, "Words are tricky. At least for me. Working with horses, everything is physical: their movements, posture, everything means something. It's how they talk, and it's never a lie." He muses wistfully. "I kind of find 'truth' a little bit of a watered down thing, from having to use words at all."

Dirt Nap is silent, as if he's said more than he meant to on the subject.

Seneschal, Lady Notary, Priscus of the Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer smiled pleasantly at Mabel.
    "That is wonderfully inclusive of you, Madame Keeper. It is nice to hear. I would love to hear more about the changes that you made in regards to your garden. Our talk has made me more determined to set up my former Flower Shop once again. Sharing blooms is a wonderful feeling, as least I think so."

She nods to Dirt Nap.
    "You are correct. I think there are reasons for obscuring some facts - I would not be upset if some areas of the Crone Farm are off limits on a visit, for example. Some things must be protected in order to preserve them. Yet honesty among Kindred is refreshing. I am so pleased that we were able to have such a wonderful, inclusive conversation. "

Jennifer almost mentioned some secrets would apply to what she was speaking to Alice about for Dirt Nap's interest, but she did not want to mention it in public. Her conversation with Jack had pointed out how well others listened when Kindred conversed.

"Herald Jack was correct that it is time for goodbyes to be said and us to move along. I would love to speak with you both again in our next Court. If you are amendable, Madame Keeper, Dirt Nap. I would like to hear more about you. "
    ((Sorry phone post))
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded a silent agreement to Dirt Nap. Actions did speak louder than words.

Jennifer's snaking voice wrapped around her but she was getting used to how her voice faded towards the end of every statement. She was getting the cadence. "I think a flower shop would be wonderful. Flowers do say so much. And I try very hard to be inclusive. Honestly, only my bedroom is off limits at the Farm." Unless she invited someone to the bedroom, she thought with a soft smile.

"I thank you both for your kindness and conversation. I look forward to further conversations. And please, if there is anything I can do to help with anything, please let me know." Sincerity was in her voice. Jennifer surprised her with her graciousness. Mable looked at her and decided she was quite pretty, maybe not like some of the others, but pretty none the less.

"Have a wonderful rest of your night."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"Thank you, Ma'am, I hope to talk more sometime too." Dirt Nap says, nodding to Lady Jennifer Hazelton as she makes her way to leave.

"A pleasure, Ma'am, Keeper Wood; always is." Dirt Nap says to Mable as she signals the end of the night and beginning of her closing duties calling to her.

Dirt Nap follows their example and leaves for the night, giving respectful nods to all that are left and especially respectful and deep nod to the Prince.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread