Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily stalks after the Talon, scooping up her clothes and bundling them in the washing machine. While Brigit showers, she goes into her room and rummages around, finding a pair of jeans, a large loose t-shirt and a flannel shirt. A few seconds are contemplated on whether underwear are needed and then added to the pile in case.

Placing the pile on the chair, the Ithaeur orders pizza and collapses into the sofa. By the time Brigit gets out of the shower, the punk is swigging from a much-reduced bottle and wrapped in a very fluffy blanket. She points out the clothes and gets laboriously to her feet.

"What're you drinking? I know metabolism is insane. Not the point." Her eyes look tired.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit comes in, hair slick, but dry enough for now. Drying herself off with a towel she nods and changes into the clothes Emily has provided. The underwear, though, is ignored.

As she changes the Impure is tempted to state her intent not to drink. She often didn't. However, Brigit knew Emily was only trying to help.

"Rum and coke?"
    she says, with some reluctance.

Brigit returns to the sofa, eyes following Emily as she moves. For her part, the Talon does her best to get comfortable, but it isn't easy. She wasn't here on the best of circumstances, but she is trying.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The underwear are scooped up and flung into the bedroom. Emily herself slouches into the kitchen and brings back a large glass, holding it out. When Brigit drinks it... that must be at least half-rum.

The Ithaeur runs a critical eye over Brigit's appearance before drinking from the bottle and sitting in the armchair, looking at her. "Mmmkay," she says slowly. "Better. Now. What have you been doing, and how is Zeek doing? Have you been eating and sleeping?" The questions are asked with the sound of someone paying very close attention to the answers.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Brigit noticeably gags in obvious surprise at the disproportionate content of her new beverage, but she adjusts.

"Lately? Surviving, but I'm working towards my redemption. I plan to learn the movements of the Pure, as dealing with the spirits to determine a threat they face is proving difficult," Brigit's tone, while still solemn, turns almost analytical as she began to share her plans. Talons were not just claws and teeth, they were strategists, "I'm hoping to learn their movements enough to track a scout. In defeating one, I'd gain the Glory I seek and also attain intel."

A look is granted to Emily as Zeek is mentioned.

"He's...,"
    she began, thinking of what to say, "I didn't intend to tell him everything, but... when he held me it just fell out."

She clears her throat, turning her attention back to her drink and staring to the dark contents as she speaks again.

"My... exile leaves me vulnerable and therefore he is at risk,"
    she said, her tone turning analytical and her usual wording changes. The Talons were not all teeth and fangs. They were strategists and it was clear Brigit had put together her own plan to ensure her mate's safety, "Matt has said he will watch him, but one Uratha cannot stand against many should the Anshega learn of my exile. Not to mention having him around, despite the good intention, could draw more questions. So, he's going to take an extended vacation and, as far as our employees and clients know, I'm going with him. He hasn't told anyone where, but it's a cabin up north. Outside of Redding. He'll stay there until I call to let him know it's safe to come home... or until one of the Pack calls to tell him I failed."

She'd reach into her pocket and hold a card with Ezekiel's contact details out to Emily. "I'd like that to be you if it happens, Emily. He's heard about you the most."

There were some tears forming in Brigit's eyes and her voice was beginning to waver, but the embattled Talon was keeping it together.

"And no,"
    she concluded, "I haven't been eating or sleeping enough. I've had to make plans and all of this doesn't exactly lead to a nice, healthy schedule."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There's a hoarse laugh. "Sorry." Emily shifts. "Used to my measures. I can water it down more if you like."

The Crescent watches, looking thoughtful about Brigit's plan for Glory, but says nothing.

Something makes the little Crescent pull in on herself as Zeek's 'vacation' is explained. Single person, on the edge of a pack, going away? Yeah, that was setting off danger bells. It made complete sense but....
    That's what Dad did for me.
    The bottle is brought back to her lips for a long while. This time, she finishes it, and looks at the empty bottle like it betrayed her.

The Crescent takes the card, stands up and wedges it in the frame of the picture containing the Steel Talons - Emily's old pack. "If I have to do that I'll fucking smack you, B," she mutters darkly. There wasn't even a quip about what the Talon had told Zeek. This was Serious Emily, apparently.

There's the crunching sound of Emily opening another bottle of bourbon. She watches Brigit finish her questions. "Right. Well, that ends. You're going to eat, and sleep here tonight. No arguing. You'll stay in my bed, so it's less likely they'll know you were here. You can stay longer if you want." Emily pauses to drink. She wasn't sure that would be accepted, but it was offered. "If you don't, then I want you here once a week, at least. I mean it. And don't think I won't hunt you down if you don't."

There's a pause, and Emily rubs her face. "Okay. Next, I did have an idea-" The door is knocked upon loudly. Emily holds up a finger. "Hold that thought." She dashes down the stairs, and returns with a large pizza and some boxes of fries. She drops them on the table and points to the box. "Eat." She says simply, pulling out a slice for herself and munching it hungrily. After swallowing loudly, Emily looks up. "You just have to do something Glorious, and you're a Blood Talon. We could go kill a gig Azlu or a big Beshilu. We know they're around, it's right up your street. OM." She takes another huge bite. "If you like, I'll help, so you're not alone. Just don;t tell anyone, okay?" Getting Brigit back in the pack without them knowing was Cunning, if played right.

The Crescent watches, trying to gauge her response.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

She smiles slightly at Emily's laughter. It was a small comfort, but a comfort nonetheless.

When Emily took the card, Brigit sighed with solemn relief. There was no arguing this time, no word about how she needed to stop being gloomy. They both knew why she was being as much and Brigit was at least happy knowing she didn't need to explain herself.

At the smacking comment, Brigit gave a half-hearted chuckle.

"We both know there's only one reason you'd have to call that number, Em,"
    she said, "I won't give up, but... y'know."

Was there really any reason to remind Emily of the path they all followed? Brigit didn't think so. Every story ends when it must, but it is rarely the choice of the People when it does. Brigit wasn't giving up, but she needed to prepare for the worst.

Brigit listened to Emily and her command, dark eyes studying the Crescent for a long time before she nursed another drink from her beverage.

"Alright," she says after several long moments, "I'll stay. We are outside the territory, the Alpha's judgement is still respected."

As the food is delivered, Brigit obliges, grabbing a hefty slice and biting into it as Emily shares her idea and her offer of assistance. Gulping down the slice as she mulls over all that has been said, Brigit takes some time to formulate your spot.

"I'm thankful, Em, really I am,"
    she said, "but we can't hunt together."

Then there was another thought dancing in Brigit's eyes. One that she felt would ensure the honor of Emily's place in the pack remained and which she felt the Alpha would respect, should he ever learn of their collaboration.

"I will accept help in tracking the threat,"
    she says, "but the battle to come is mine alone."

The Impure was willing to take Emily's intelligence and act upon it, but the penance was Brigit's alone and she could not rely on Emily to save her.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent scowls. "Yeah, I know. So don't make me have to do it, okay?" She slumps back into the chair.

More pizza is bitten into. A hint of a smile tugs at her lips as Brigit agrees to stay. "I mean technically, technically, we're right on the edge. But I won't tell if you don't," She finally smiles.

Then, Emily's jaw tightens and her expression darkens. All she wanted to do was help.
    It isn't about you, Emmy. She has to do this.

The Crescent sighs and slumps back into the chair. "Urrrrrrrrrgh..." she groans. "Fine. But I don't agree with it. How will we know if you complete this feat of Glory if I'm- I mean nobody's there? You might lie to us." It was indignant and childish, and clear that Emily didn't really believe that for a second. Obvious bait was obvious. "Someone should go with you. To... observe. And report. Yeah. That." Honest Ithaeur wouldn't cheat. Oh my no.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

As Emily smiles once they enter the more... pleasant things of their conversation, Brigit returns it in kind.

However, as Emily gives her bait and weasels in another attempt to be with Brigit in this time of need, the Talon's smile becomes warm in expression. Emily was always kind and, at times, her feverish want to help was adorable. And in the back of her mind Brigit wondered if this is what it would have been like if she had had a sibling. One who always wanted to come with you, regardless of the circumstances. Still, even if that wasn't what it was like, Brigit was happy for their relationship.

"Fine," she retorts with a chuckle, "Can't have Hector thinking I'm being dishonest." She winked.

"But no fighting,"
    she says, affirming her earlier statement, "Promise?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent finishes her slice, and goes for a second. "It's called Cunning, and I think he might know anyway. The Cheif's a lot shrewder than some people think." Thinking back to the exile? Hector's look he slipped her? Was it all in her head?

Emily sighs heavily. "Don't make me promise that, B. I don't know if I can stick to that. If you end up in trouble, I will stop it." She brings her legs up and curl up in the chair. "Show me where it says you have to do it alone. Without the Pack, sure. but all you have to do is get Glory. Doesn't mean we can't be smart about it. Two heads are better than one. They have twice as many teeth."

It was heartfelt. Emily just hoped everyone in this pack could put their damned prides aside to get more done.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Retainer
    (Ezekiel 'Zeek' Walters)
    New Identity
    (Bridget Walters)
    Brigit

PRE

Emily was right, of course, per usual. It's not that Brigit felt it was against the rules. Not entirely. However, it was within Brigit's intent to safeguard the purity of the pack by going it alone.

She was beginning to see that this choice was not entirely her's to make.

Emily really wanted to help. Brigit had spent so long wondering what a wretch like her did to deserve it that she failed to appreciate the support. She looked at Emily curled in her chair for some time. The sincere, heartfelt tone of the Ithaeur's words tracing their way to Brigit's soul. Brigit's eyes began to well again, the Talon allowing a single tear to loose itself from its perch to down down her cheek.

Despite Brigit's best efforts, Emily wouldn't let her do this alone.

And Brigit could not be more thankful.

Rising, Brigit would move to the chair, dropping to her knees before it, and, if Emily allowed it, she would embrace her sister tightly.

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last