Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Spiritual Diplomacy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Cole Volker

Mien is dull grey skin with seemingly molten veins, runes are barely carved
    Summer Mantle 1

PRE

Alright. Their totem and the Alpha had given instructions, advice, permissions... It was a start.

Now they just needed to get together and formulate a clear plan- Necessary Guile had discussed the growing conflict between those Nature and Technology choirs, and how Renewal of Nature (a spirit Nathaniel was responsible for awakening) was involved in it.

In addition, they also had a chance to utilize the abundance of cat spirits around the city- using Necessary Guile's title, and with application of certain rites, favor might be garnered with them.

Both were avenues of exploration- and Nathaniel prepared for either. Luckily for him chiminage for gaffling cat spirits came easy; packets of catnip, canned fish and the like, things that could be found and purchased with minimal effort. And they had already done work for Renewal of Nature in the past, so it may be Amicable to providing perspective on the growing conflict. Regardless, Nathaniel made a quick stop to the store to pick up some cheap chiminage and made sure to bring along his ritual components- no doubt they'd need them.

Emily's Garage was the perfect meeting place to plan for their next course of action. A quick text to the packmates to settle on it as a location, and the crescent made his way over.

@%1; Ruach @%1; Xadun

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    Feet of Mist (Stealth Gift 1)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt parks his classic Hummer outside Emily's garage, and barges in with enough take out food for an army, in this case six big bags full of take out containers generously filled withAlaskan Halibut from Grange Restaurant and Bar.

"Alright!" Matt says! "Let's tear up some spirits!"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Matt was here. Always a welcome sight- and Nathaniel was starting to grow accustomed to his regular food deliveries. Wait was that... Fish? That could come in handy.

"Hey Brother- glad to have you here with us. If things get dicey, I'm happy to know you'll be by our side- though I'd rather find a diplomatic way to go about this if possible. Thanks for the fish!" Whether he'd meant some of it as chiminage for the cat spirits Nathaniel didn't know.

"How have you been holding up lately?" They had a few minutes, and Nathaniel hadn't had a chance to talk to the big lug one on one in awhile.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

Matt is very tall,at seven feet,he draws stares and attention whether he is doing anything that warrants it or not. He's in his late teens or early twenties. His voices is deep. He moves well for such a big man, with some athletic training in evidence. His expression is generally always angry to some degree whether he is actively glaring or just generally scowling, lost in thought.

PRE

Matt laughs and belches and opens one of the large bottles of micro brew beer and drains it. "Doing fine. Found my Tribe. That's new. Feels good. Lots of new wolves coming around too. Don't know if I like them all, but who cares if it means we can finally start getting thinks taken care of here. How about you? Did you take care of whatevever you had to do? Are you here to stay this time?" Matt asks in a rough, loud, but not unfriendly tone.

7. Likes Hades_Roses liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Matt had found a Tribe then? Nathaniel was upset to have missed the occasion, but was happy for his brother. "I'm... Here to stay, I think. My business wasn't as difficult to manage as I thought it would be." Barring some wild change in circumstance- which, in the life of an Uratha was perhaps par for the course. A light smile at that.

And their pack was growing. "It's good that we can be more proactive now- having more members lets us deal with more than one mess at a time for once. I'm hopeful for what we can accomplish." Their efforts today would just be a small stepping stone.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Yeah. Matt agrees, nodding vigorously, "It's good to have enough of us to do start something instead of just reacting. Good to have you back too. Glad you're planning on staying. Glad you took care of business. So what about this spirit thing, the one we tore down those fences for? Is that the one causing trouble now? It looked tough, but we could take it if we have to. It's good we have the Alpha to make the call." He says thoughtfully. "It's all good."

Matt finishes two more bottles of beer during that short but emphatic speech, and Nathaniel gets the definite feeling that Matt was maintaining that rate of consumption on the way over too.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

"No, please. Come in. Make yourselves at home! Dicks." comes a long-suffering voice from upstairs.

"I Swear to fuck if either of you lay dirty paw-prints on those cars you're cleaning them!"

Emily slouches down the stairs in her usual punk attire with a cigarette tucked behind her ear, sniffing the air. "You have exactly ten seconds to placate me with food, Lurch," she grumbles. "It has been a long fucking day."

The Ithaeur stomps around and perches herself on a side, looking greasy, oily and irritable. "Okay, what did I miss?"
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

12. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily came forth, seeming more than a little annoyed. In all fairness such annoyance was probably deserved- her garage seemed to be the meeting point for much of their family matters.

"Hey Sis- Matt was talking about the Spirit I awoke- asking if it's causing trouble." At that, the crescent bit into some of the food the big lug had brought over, thinking about how to respond.

Causing trouble... No, Nathaniel disliked that. "I think it's more complicated than that. When I awoke the spirit, I... Tipped the scales, I think- allowed Nature spirits to gain more of a foothold. Our efforts restoring nature around it may also have strengthened it." At this Nathaniel brought out a blank journal and started to write. "But it may simply be acting as is natural. It could simply wish to restore nature, as it's namesake implies, which may cause it- and other nature spirits- to clash against the Machine Spirits. Their interests could simply be too incompatible for peaceful interaction, like oil and water." That seemed to be the best way to explain it. "Make no mistake, if it... Threatens our duties, if we need to take action, I won't hesitate." Nathaniel only wished he sounded more confident saying that. "But until we know for certain... Hope for the best, prepare for the worst?" That was a good motto to go by.

Though, at this Nathaniel turned to Emily.
    "Alternatively, we could first gather support from the cat spirits of the city- they're probably not as powerful, probably easy to appease- but there are a lot of them, and we have our Totem's name to lean on." That was a slight blessing on their part. "If we go around offering chiminage and gathering support, we could have a good handful of gafflings willing to work as eyes and ears- maybe even help clearing out Beshilu?... Or perhaps there's another path to prioritize first?" The Bone Shadow looked to his sister, looking to her for an answer on what they should do. She was more experienced, and Nathaniel trusted she knew the best order of things.

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Animal Magnetism
    Giant
    (Seven feet tall)
    Presence
    (Smoldering)
    (Hard to scent)
    Strength
    Matt Joule

PRE

Matt snorts at Emily and gestures towards the seven or eight bags of take out food on her table. “I brought plenty; dig in. The beer’s good too.” Matt grunts, grinning at Emily. “It’s halibuts. Good stuff.”

Matt listens to Nathaniel and grunts dubiously about the prospect of diplomacy with the nature spirit. Nonetheless he looks to Emily to see what she has to say about the prospect.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily goes over to the food, pulls out three containers and a fork and begins eating with the gusto of a starving person. She moans happily.

"Huh. I theem to recall thomeone thaying thomething about that at the time," Emily says thickly. "GULP. Someone said something about waking up big spirits and the balance that it might change..." she licks her fingers. "Our? Woah, woah, woah. I did nothing of the kind. Matt? Are you in on this?" She looks to the Rahu.

She looks over at them "OM. Well. Nature and Technology are kinda in opposition, especially, *munch* in a city." She looks at Nathaniel. "Won't hesitate to.... what? Nate, that thing was ten times your size. This is why you have to be careful when dealing with these things."

Emily chews though the remainder of one box, drops it on the side, chugs half a beer and grabs the next box. "You need to figure out what you did. As for cats...." she shrugs. "I dunno what chorus Necessary Guile is from. Animal is an assumption. I don't wanna chase cats all over the Hisil - I'm kinda a dog girl - but I guess it's an idea. But cats don't hunt Beshilu... not really."

She munches some more. "About gathering people... Now, I can call Gafflings all day, but I need names. Do you know how to contact the Ithaelumin?" The Crescent looks at Nate.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

17. Likes Hades_Roses, Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread