Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's office looked a little less bare these days. The basic wooden chairs for guests were replaced by low-back velvet chairs trimmed in gold leaf. A keen eye might notice, however, that the Herald's chair was still the same unremarkable wooden chair. The desktop had a fresh lacquer finish, though any wood below possessed the original, aged look. A small shelf was mounted to the wall, currently occupied by a mere two books. The quality of the bookends securing them in place might suggest the Lord held them in high regard.

This evening, Jacque was not sitting in his own chair, but in one of those for his guests. Glancing at the ornate clock hanging behind his desk he rose to his feet, preparing for the Judex's timely arrival. There are many memories that might errantly flitter through the mind over the years, but so few that are pivotal moments in one's danse. The Lord couldn't help but feel strangely excited that this could potentially be one of those moments. The decisions made this night might dictate his focuses over foreseeable future.... all because of one little door.

He laid the Harpy's book of records upon the desk, made sure his cabochon amethyst cufflinks were in proper order on his attire and glanced towards the open door in anticipation.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The steady tap of heels announced her arrival prior to the tap of knuckles against the door frame. "Good evening Herald Jacque."

She stood framed in the doorway as she waited for his acknowledgment and verbal welcome. Though she imagined that between the written invite and the open door she was good to enter, there was nothing wrong with spending a moment on being polite.

She was dressed in a business suit-dress having come from the theater. Well. It was for her. In the time Jacque took to invite her in, she glanced around his office, taking it in. She hadn't actually visited before and it was often revealing to see how one decorated their spaces.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening your Grace," The Lord replied while bowing his head with respect. He motioned to the vacant chair. "Please, come in." His eyes couldn't help but trace across the Archon's alluring form as she made her way in. With the chair already positioned to face inward instead of towards the desk he waited for his guest to sit before seating himself.

"I hope you'll excuse the lack of decor. I was quite wealthy during my life but following my embrace I found being a minimalist was more ideal. Having now found a calling in Sacramento, I've begun to build up assets to properly reflect the life of a successful lawyer. At some point I'll need to schmooze with a few Judges and the DA to earn some favor in critical positions. Having excessive wealth and luxuries only make the task easier." A grin formed across his lips, "Credit where credit is due, I'm quite grateful for the sound investment advice the First Estate resources have provided."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the invitation, Twist moved into the room and toward the indicated chair with a soft, "Thank you." Sitting, she leaned back, her pose one of ease and comfort.

Listening to him justify his office decor she chuckled and waved a hand in the air, brushing aside his apology.

"There is nothing to excuse. It is your office after all no?" Dark eyes glanced to him, briefly sharp in the question. Jacque had been Herald for enough time now that if he still didn't feel comfortable in this office they had a potential problem.

A wry smile, the don't ask my my age after I finish implying to you how old I am one that nearly every woman over 13 had. "And this is not the first time I have seen a space decorated in the minimalist style." And as the smile lingered, morphed into something different she shifted on the seat, a simple act of crossing one leg over the other. A simple showing of nothing more than bare leg from ankle to oh right, that was already a very short dress wasn't it? It was nothing more than skin, nothing more than a shift, all in all - very minimalist. But the impact? Well. That was another story for most.

"And trust me, I can appreciate the style," She murmured, her voice confirming if there was any doubt that she knew exactly what she had done.

"I am glad to hear such," she continued after a beat. "From your letter it sounded as though you needed something additional though? Not simply to say thank you for what has already been given." Curiosity tickled through her words.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded at the half-expected dismissal, "Of course." The Lord briefly contemplated on expanding on his use of an apology as a humble gateway into small talk, but the Succubus was quicker with asserting control of the mood. God this woman is sultry. He smirked with an air of confidence, "Wonderful." Whether he was commenting on her vocal appreciation or her subtle exhibition was all but a coin flip.

"I do," he offers. "I have a refined skill in identifying lies and deception from my lifelong profession, but I've found there are significant challenges in applying the same techniques with Kindred." He emitted a quiet chuckle before continuing, "I fully understand that asking or expecting a Kindred not to lie or manipulate is much like asking a flower not to produce pollen..." he paused before enunciating his tone to be less self-deprecating, "But, I've found mention in various literature a power of the blood that can accomplish that very goal."

His fingers gently flit with his explanation, "It seems to combine the strength of my family's blood with the strength of yours, resulting in a power that allows free will in one's words, unless they intend to lie or deceive." He lets the information soak for a moment before the Prince's question echoes through his mind and past his lips, "Is this a Devotion you perhaps are already familiar with, your Grace?"

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A confident smile was the only response to his before the conversation turned toward its true purpose.

"Oh?" she breathed, leaning in her seat toward him, his words clearly intriguing her. "That sounds a rather impressive ability." Useful if you were on the hilt end, and terrifying if on the blade.

A rueful twist to her lips as she leaned back, "I am sorry to tell you that I am not." Her smile shifted, a showing of teeth, "I am not usually called on when that skill would be needed but after."

Of the threesome she was the executioner. Not much need to determine if the condemned was lying or not at the point she was sent.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The potential applications certainly make it worth the effort of pursuing," the Lord affirms.

His tone shifts as he explains, airing a slight bitterness to the topic, "I confess that my motivations were born from the incessant attacks on my own character, but I imagine that you might have noticed those same rabble-rousers were carefully building up to bigger targets for their ambitions." His head tilts as he brushes away his frustration in a single waft of his hand, "It would be a boon to Domain stability to pluck out all of the fake outrage, the slander and the bad faith before any of it takes root." Like the weeds they were.

He responded to the implication of her duties with a measured grin, if not the slightest hint of discomfort. It was moments like this that he found himself grateful his instincts led him to the right side of history, "Regardless, I am confident that I'll be able to develop this power if you would be willing to provide the key. At minimum, I would need a solid working knowledge of your family's discipline."

His lips pursed as he anticipated the next step, "My only problem is that I'm not certain what I could offer you in exchange that would be of any new value." He pauses to explain, "I am oath bound in service to the covenant and Domain, thereforeI am already yours, in a way." His eyes glance to the Harpy's book, "We could formalize a debt you determine to be of adequate value..." then lingered back to the Duchess, "Or... your Grace may have some other suggestion."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist replied with a sound, a hum in her throat, of understanding. She of what he spoke. There was a reason she had become familiar with the chairs in Ale's office after all.

"I see," she replied, considering his words and what he needed. Bringing her attention back to him before she missed anything there was the faintest hint of a nose wrinkle as she waved a hand dismissively toward the indicated book.

"I am sure we can come up with something without resorting to that," her tone carefully cultivated humor. As far as his comment about already being hers, well, he wasn't wrong so what use in wasting words on confirming it?

Meeting his lingering gaze, "I imagine that this skill requires a similar knowledge of your family's discipline no?" It would be difficult to find a fairer trade than such a direct one, but would this Invictus Lord balk at it?

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's head and expression shifted into a tilt indicative of surprise but devoid of any form of displeasure, "It does, though the potency is relative to your family's." He displayed an affirming smile at the prospect of a balanced trade of knowledge, "I presume your Grace is more interested in wielding the skill than learning a less autonomous way to mesmerize." It was hard to believe the Daeva couldn't already get whatever she wanted with her current... resources? Yeah. Resources.

His right palm faced twisted upward as he added an amendment to the current offer, "Assuming I master it before you do, I would be honored to teach it to you as well."

After a moment he added, "Her Majesty, Prince Antinori is the only other who is privy to the detail of what I'm working on. Naturally, this power is most effective when a potential deceiver is wholly unaware of the danger so I've kept my research to myself." The statement was delivered plainly, just like laying out a fact. It was clear the Lord held value in the discretion of his work, but would not go as far as specifically requesting it from the Judex or risk insulting her by implying that she might go gallivanting about, airing their business.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist gave a half smile, "Then it seems an almost perfect trade if the skill needed is equal?" The half smile stayed, a single shoulder lifting in a light shrug, "It can never hurt to have additional ways to achieve a goal. But yes, it would be good to have two in the domain with the skill I think."

A slow dip of her head in acknowledgment of the offer.

She was not surprised at hearing that Ale was aware of what Jacque was doing, but she knew that was not the message Jacque was trying to convey. [color="#663366"]"Naturally,"[color] her voice smooth, "I imagine that I will be similarly quiet on our exchange."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread