(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Not only was the Savage watching the approach, but the Hell Hound was as well. Not moving from his position in front of his Mistress. His unblinking murderous gaze watching each step the Lord took.

But for her part, Ale looked more approachable.

“Good evening to you as well Priscus Black, you’re looking quite stunning this evening.” And it was true, the Lord always seemed to find pieces that fit her well. “How have you been?” always good to be pleasant. Something she was working on.

“I was just wishing to get to know you a bit better. And unfortunately, the cattle make it difficult to really talk.”
    A soft chuckle. “Anyways, I wasn’t aware of your interest and keen observations about art. Is it a hobby or something more? I’m curious because I’ve been stepping into the art world slowly over the past couple years and I’m always looking for those with more knowledge.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's soft smile widened briefly at Alessandra's compliment.

"Your words honor me, Your Majesty,"
    she offers, her expression turning to one of thanks, "I am quite well. My nights have been fruitful as of late. My assets continue to grow and soon I will begin the next phase of my preparations."

The Lord's eyebrows perk with interest as the Prince announces the intent of their meeting, but the smile remains. In no uncertain terms, Alessandra's curiosity is a pleasant surprise to the Lord.

"An unfortunate consequence when dealing with the Kine,"
    Lenora says, agreeing with the sense of difficulty the presence of cattle present before chuckling in kind, "Prior to my service to the Baroness, I was attending a women's college in Philadelphia. Schooling was available for more practical things, but my mother and half-brother were more interested in making me more appealing to suitors. Thus, I studied art and literature, though I already had an interest in the latter."

"My love for art grew with time and, after I entered the Baroness' service, she allowed me to continue to foster those interests,"
    she concludes, "However, my duty always came first."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A knowing smile, “It’s always nice when assets and investments grow, makes the work seem worth it.” Her own investments had been proving fruitful. “Preparations? Makes it sound like you are getting ready for a war.” She jokes. Though the Lord very well could be.

“It is, isn’t it.” Kine were a necessary evil though. The Savage listened as Lenora spoke with obvious interest.

A chuckle, “I understand that actually. My mother wanted to form me into a proper and educated lady as well. Art, charity events, the whole thing.” A shake of her head, “But that wasn’t for me.” Obviously.

“I know we touched on art and personal preferences at the event, but I’d be interested in hearing more. I’m looking to expand my collection, and enjoy hearing what catches the eyes of others.” Adding pieces that were recommended was always her goal. “Is it an interest you still foster?”

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora grants a nod as Alessandra speaks the truth of investments. "Indeed, I look forward to more... comfortable nights in terms of expenses."

A small chuckle followed the comment of war.

"Not war, Your Majesty,"
    she offers, "Merely an... expansion of the self. I must offer my apologies, but I cannot convey more in public. I assure you the Domain is not at risk, but I am willing to discuss the matter further in private should you require it. In truth, I am nearing a point when I will need certain permissions before I proceed, but this can wait."

Lenora's smile tugged again as the Prince found cause to comment on an aspect of their pasts that they shared.

"I try to remember my mother only did what she felt would help me succeed,"
    she said, "I was quite reckless in my years among the Kine. My education with the Baroness... tempered me in a way."

Then there it was. A slight glimmer danced in Lenora's eyes as her expression turned almost sly.

"I'll admit there is a few pieces I've considered for you, Your Majesty,"
    she said, "but I'd prefer to keep the one I selected to be a surprise. Unfortunately, the absence of a Sheriff has prevented me from bringing it to Court, but I am willing to offer it in a private rendezvous. Naturally, I understand if others need to be present."

That was an unfortunate danger for Princes. Gifts could be simply that, but some savvy vampires used the ego of sovereigns against them to plant a trap.

"However, what I will say is that Your Majesty is a woman of distinctive taste,"
    Lenora compliments, "In our conversations, you have shown a clear preference for classical works and art pulled from inspiration in Classical Antiquity. I would suggest looking into paintings from the Baroque period or pieces from a similar era. Investment in a local artist may be a worthy endeavor as well, if Your Majesty is interested in portraits of herself. If such is the case, I would suggest consulting Archon Twist. Her influence in art culture is far greater than mine and her palate for quality is more refined."

Lenora merely nods.

"It is an interest that remains, Your Majesty,"
    Lenora answers, "Art provides a certain quality to our Requiem. A Requiem spent without it is... dreadfully dull and bereft of passion."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, “An interesting way of wording. Perhaps not one I’m familiar with yet.” Maybe. “But we can setup a time to meet more privately. My evenings are fairly busy, but I’m willing to move a few things around and get something setup.” She was willing to hear the Lord out.

“For my mother it was me being an only child. Wanting me to be a socialite like her, and not go into the family business. But socialite I am not.” She jokes with a chuckle. Oh she could fake it to a certain extent.

“Oh?” seemed Lenora was on top of things. “I must confess, you have me quite curious. And the absence of a Reeve will be addressed soon I assure you. Though if there are safety concerns, one could reach out to the Archon.” There was none the Savage trusted more than Twist. Especially on security. “Private meetings outside Elysia can be discussed later.” But Lenora was still an unknown to her. Meaning it probably wasn’t going to happen.

“Grazie. My favorite pieces currently are the ones done by a previous resident of the Domain. My intent was to have her display her work here, in Court. Or any other Kindred who had talent. A way to bring art into our little gathering, and maybe inspire others. Art can lead to such diverse and interesting conversations.” Plus art was a good investment.

“Investing was my purpose that evening, but none of the current work really inspired me. Have you come across any local artists worthy of investment?” maybe the Lord saw something she missed. “A portrait?” a laugh and shake of her head, “No, not something I would want. A bit too flashy for my tastes.” Sure, she was covered in ink, but she wasn’t the type to flaunt herself or anything. And a self-portrait seemed a bit much.

“I cannot argue about Archon Twist and her refined tastes. But I like to draw ideas from a wide variety of people. Sometimes it’s the opinions on a piece or the conversation it inspires that is worthy.”
    You never go with the reviews of one, you gather many.

“I couldn’t agree more. Perhaps we’ll have to visit a local gallery some evening.”

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora felt her smile tug wider briefly before returning to its usual cordial repose.

"As you say, Your Majesty, I will make myself available should you require it. My time is yours,"
    she said.

A knowing nod is leveled at the Savage as she spoke of her mother's wishes. It was something Lenora understood all too well.

"Ah, I know that want well,"
    she says, "I admit my mother's attempts tame me were of like mind. My family was... familiar with certain titular families of industry and wanted to strengthen those ties. While the method is flawed, it was an admirable goal though at the time I scarcely understood it. Contrary to what some might believe I was less... behaved in those days. Given what I could have become, I am pleased my instruction has humbled my ego."

Another dip of the head followed as Alessandra announced the title of Reeve would be addressed. Likely it would be confided in another... but it was not the title Lenora was after. Now may be the time to be bold. To be clear in her intent.

"I had no doubt it would be,"
    Lenora said, "Forgive me if my wording suggested otherwise. Your replacement will have my full support in whatever capacities I might provide, Your Majesty. I know full well you would only choose a successor to Reeve Mitnick if they proved capable. To that end, you should know I intend to increase my spheres of influence now that I have gained sound assets. They will be available to the Domain in matters of security as needed."

In truth, it was a repeated promise. She had offfered it to Derek and the Prince before, but niether saw cause to involve her. It never hurt to remind others of your value though and, with an assignment of a new Sheriff looming, Lenora felt it necessary to remind her sovereign of her oath to provide her aid without the need of Prestation. It showed that Lenora understood the world and showing that she possessed such knowledge was exactly what she needed to do if she hoped to attain the role she desired.

"None that I have felt the need to sponsor, but that time will come,"
    Lenora said, "I find many of the artists here to be compelling but erring too far on the edge of experimentation and abstract concepts for my taste. I would blame the modern broadening of the term 'art', but perhaps that is simply a symptom of age. Nonetheless, I find artists who experiment or deal in abstract concepts far too much to be quite distasteful and lacking in artistic discipline. I long for the arrival of another Monet, Rembrandt, or even Dalí. However, one benefit to our condition is that we can afford to wait."

A nod is granted as Alessandra speaks of the desire to gain a greater field of understanding for people's opinions. The Prince's response was kind, but unneeded. Prudent as she was, Lenora was still a Lord and Clan Ventrue remained all to happy to discuss themselves with those who would listen and Lenora thus took no offense to offering her view.

"Certainly, Your Majesty, my apologies,"
    she offered, "I merely wished to reference the one among our company who possessed the greatest reservoir of knowledge for your request. As happy as I may be to share my opinion, refusing to recognize a superior authority on the issue would be a disservice to you and your Domain."

It was a question of efficiency. Lenora knew about art and, once, she felt for it to a great extent. By contrast, Twist knew much more and, even beyond that, the woman lived it. Lenora's academics meant very little next to that.

The comment regarding portraits was meant with a soft smile, which only served to remain as the prince invited her to further interaction beyond the court.

"I understand, Your Majesty,"
    she said, "Nonetheless, I would do what I am able to arrange for a session, should you feel the need. Elysium could only benefit from such art."

A light compliment, but this Lord's fawning had never been a heavy sort.

"If it would not be too bold, I must admit my curiosity on the absence of another official,"
    she said, her look conveying her interest, "Have you considered the assignment of a new Harpy, Your Majesty?"

The role was often informal in other Domains, but it was not unheard of to see a socially adept Kindred formally recognized in the role. The knowledge pertaining to Prestation and owed debts would be immeasurably useful and, if the glint in Lenora's eyes meant anything, the Prince had the entirety of the Lord's interest and anticipation while she waited for the Prince to address it.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A nod of understanding as she listened. “The business brought notoriety to my family, so my mother enjoyed the social aspects of that. Hosting balls and charity events. I never understood it all.” She still didn’t. Then a laugh, “I hear that, I was always in trouble. Even when I took over the business, it took me a few years to learn how things were.” At least she was successful now. “I believe I've heard wisdom comes with age. Not sure on the truth of it though.” Joked the Savage.

“I’ll keep that in mind, thank you. If you don’t mind the question, how will they be useful in matters of security? I only ask because I’ve used my own personal connections to eliminate security concerns. So it’s good to know who has pull in what. Of course, it can be discussed privately as well.” Some don’t like to let others know of those things. Which she understood.

“Abstract has never been something I found enjoyable.” She had to agree with the Lord there. “I greatly enjoy the works of Paul Delaroche. But the artists you’ve mentioned are all wonderful in their own respective right. Is there anything special in your personal collection? Something you might wish to display here?” she was growing a taste for art. And while she might not be as refined as some, she knew what she liked.

“I understand what you are saying, and it is appreciated. But wouldn’t you agree that collecting knowledge and opinions from numerous sources is a wise endeavor? As I’m still relatively new to appreciating art, I enjoy various thoughts and insights. Some may think Miss Weiss was not the greatest artist, but I found her work spoke to me in a way. And once others learn the pieces were done by a fellow Kindred, there is usually an enjoyable conversation about it.” And that’s what it was to her, enjoyable conversation.

The matter of the portrait was left. Her opinion on the matter said, and it wasn’t likely to change.
    Harpy?

“I have given it some thought, there have been a few names that I have considered.”
    She wasn’t used to be asked so directly. Was there an angle? “Herald Jacque has been kind enough to take on some of the responsibilities until the role is filled officially.” Maybe this could be fun. “Was there someone that stood out to you as a good for for the position?” she had a feeling what Lenora was hinting at.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Wisdom begets loyalty, Your Majesty," she says, "and there are many loyal to you. I shudder to think what would become of those who put the loyalty of Archon Twist or Herald Jacque to the test. The return of Seneschal Hart and her acceptance of the role evidences the support she boasts for you. And the trust you have in her as well. While I lack the intimacy with you that these other individuals possess, it is my hope that my loyalty to your seat has been apparent. However, I am well aware that trust will take time."

Lenora paused at the Prince's question, piecing together her response.

"Any network can assist in matters of security,"
    Lenora says, "While I am certain others possess allies in the fields in which I am also present, the reality is that their contacts are not mine. What they fail to learn, I may succeed in learning and vice versa. However, if Your Majesty bears an interest in my network, it involves artists, their affiliates, and judicial figures. I also possess contacts in the media. However, as I've said, I am interested in branching into other areas, namely in finance and emergency services."

Lenora's smile widens lightly as the Prince discusses an artist of her personal interest.

"An artist of great taste, Your Majesty,"
    she said, "Alas, no. While I have been able to build my assets, I have not yet been able to expand my collection as much as I would like. My father once had a painting by Pierre-Auguste Renoir. It is my hope to acquire work from the same artist, but I have not been able to make it to auctions, given my long service and, now, the previous need to establish myself."

At Alessandra's response to Lenora's words regarding art, the Ventrue dipped her head lightly in respect.

"As you say, Your Majesty,"
    she said.

Then came the Prince's words regarding the placement of a new Harpy. A glance is offered to Jacque as the Prince speaks of his contribution. Most apparent, however, is that it seemed Lenora herself had not been discussed. Lenora had done her part in protecting his office and, in exchange, she had asked for help in acquiring hers. It seemed he had not and, though she tried to mask it, a look of betrayal was apparent on her features.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-03-18 19:46:57 Lenora rolls 4 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 6, 2, 5, 3 failure

Looking back to the Prince, Lenora's smile returns.

"I am certain that Herald Jacque is performing admirably. However, it is not my wish to see my cousin overextend himself. Such a thing would be a disservice to your office,"
    Lenora states, "While it is imprudent for oneself to boast, I only ask that my name be among those considered. I feel my previous experiences with etiquette and stewardship would be most useful."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was this an attempt to get on her good side? The Savage wasn’t sure. But everyone had an angle, especially Kindred. “It’s good you realize that. Trust does not appear overnight, especially with our kind.” And especially with her.

“Yes, they can. But some are more well equipped than others. It’s purely a situational matter. Take for instance when we had the gangs attempting to move in. Some networks were better capable of handling such an intrusion.” She had contacts all over, but it was only specific ones that were better suited. “But any network is useful, I’m not diminishing any of them.” Not in the least.

A nod, “Perhaps we can attend an auction when one comes up. It’s been some years since I’ve been to one, and it’d be interesting to see if the event has changed any. Plus, it might be exciting to outbid some Kine.” Art was always a sound investment, and it could be fun.

The look was noticed, as Ale glances to Jacque, amusement on her face.

And there it was. That’s what she had been curious about. Would the Lord put her own name forth, or rely on others? Seems she had her answer.

There was a calculated smile as she looks to Lenora, “Your name’s been mentioned. But I don’t place others in positions based off what I’ve heard. I need to see that the Kindred in question is worthy of such a place, and that they deserve it. Hence why I’ve said we should meet privately soon, so I can speak with you more one on one. Get to know you a bit better, I’ve found it to be the best and easiest way.” Sure, it was only Harpy, but it was just how she did things. Kindred lied to get what they wanted. Deals struck in darkness, some against her.

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the approval of her understanding of trust, Lenora simply nodded. If she was lying, she certainly was not showing it. After all, if the Lord didn't feel Alessandra was wise, it was not within Lenora's interests to support her regime. Such support reflected poorly on one's legacy.

"Agreed, Your Majesty,"
    she said, "Such an event would also assist your interests. If I hear of anything, I will notify you immediately of the opportunity."

Lenora's eyes widen lightly as the Prince confirmed she had miscalculated Jacque's actions. There was a slight sense of guilt on her features, but she soon recovered.

You can apologize later. Focus.

Then came the meat of the issue. Even though Alessandra had put it lightly, the Prince's words made it clear she didn't trust her to take the position and represent her powerbase in such a position. In a way, it was a good sign. It evidenced the very wisdom they had discussed, but the prospect of another night passing without progress was affecting the Ventrue. Her lips pressed together lightly as she analyzed Alessandra's words, her expression one of light apprehension. It was a look of uncertainty and some fear, but it was not fear for the Prince herself.

Another night has gone? Can we afford to wait?

We must.

And if the blood wakes?

We will endure. Until we do not.

Soon the Lord's features adopted a look of acceptance, signaling her agreement to the Prince's terms.

"As you say, Your Majesty,"
    Lenora said, "My time, as before, is yours. Whenever you are available, I would gladly discuss these matters or others of your interest."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread