Ended
Watch

(AGTOO) Curing Hangover

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Shodan

Shodan is at his home in the Masonic Temple. For some reason, he still refuses to let go of the place, even though the cabal that briefly occupied it is a thing of the past. In any case, this morning he makes himself late breakfast - a heap of scrambled eggs, because everyone knows you need your cysteine after a tough night of clubbing. In fact, the prepared meal is much more than one person would need, because he expects guests. Two, to be precise.

Although pleasant smells of eggs, bacon and coffee fill the air, Shodan looks unusually sullen. His skin is one shade paler, and if you're careful you can spot a package of sleeping pills thrown in the corner. Even so, the Obrimos doesn't look like he got lots of sleep lately.

Trying to banish the dark thoughts while waiting for Kaze and Phoenyx to arrive, Shodan whistles a joyful tune.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

Hopping out of Kaze's truck, Phoenyx is wearing a red hoodie and short leather jacket rather than her usual trenchcoat. Her pants are the usual black loose training pants.

As she crosses the threshold of the Temple, she looks around, eyes darting about and assessing. Points of ingress. Escape routes. Elevators.

It's the whistling she hears before she sees the Libertine, and again, eyes are watching around, as if the Arrow is still on high alert but seeming collected.

"Hey,"
    She says, by way of greeting. The pills and shadowy eyes do not go unnoticed, but also the firebird's complete inability to read people rides through. "You look like crap, but seem chirpy. I guess you found something useful in that hell-hole?" Well, on the bright side, if anyone was going to impersonate Phoenyx they would need to get her bluntness down somehow.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

He turns and sees Phoenyx "Hey yourself" At least now he has a reason to suspect she either got his messages or got them relayed to her via Kaze "Fancy some breakfast? I have coffee and eggs, as you can probably tell" Because yes, the smell was hard to miss. You'd be surprised how small a percentage of the Temple is actually used since Think Tank disbanded.

"Also, if you don't know that I tend to react to high-stress situations with ill-timed sass and humor of questionable quality, do you even know me?" He says, smiling. Staying around human beings - any human beings - is way better than that damn maze was "But no, I didn't find anything useful in there, I'm just happy it's over. Place gave me nightmares, though. Must be that space demon I met there" And no, for once 'space demon' is not code for 'Dave from middle school whom I really disliked' "What about you? I take it your night was not fun, either?"

Why else would she call it a hell-hole?

Although to be fair Phoenyx was the kind of person who would readily describe any place where shallow human interactions rule as a hellhole.

"Also, not that I don't enjoy your company, but is Kaze with you?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)

PRE

The Arrow shakes her head. "I'm good. Do you have any tea?" she asks. "Sorry about the messages. I had to leave my phone behind. And my gun. and a knife. and my duster." She looks very irked at the memory.

And my pants.

Phoenyx cocks her hed at the Libertine. "You were chirpy. I assumed you'd had a more fun time than I did." Because... chirpy. "I guess you saw it too. I thought of it more like an abyssal entity but I suppose "space demon" works." She shrugs one shoulder and takes a seat. The hood is pulled up, but as the Arrow looks up it's easy to see she hasn't been sleeping well either.

"He's just parking up. it's busy out there," she nods.

Ruach posted that they'll be out for a bit in the interruptions thread. I'm sure they'll jump in when time allows

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hey." Kaze says, entering jauntily and flexing his right arm experimentally. The jacket sleeve is shredded on that side, but his arm looks perfectly fine.

He looks at Shodan with a clinical expression. "You look like you took care of yourself pretty well, especially if you ran into anything like Phoenyx and me did." He says in a friendly, reassured tone.

He sniffs the air in an obvious show and move smoothly to get himself a plate, obviously still comfortable in Shodan's place from when he lived there with him for a week. "Do you want coffee, Phoenyx?" Kaze asks politely and grinning, naturally taking over the host-type interaction with Shodan's resources.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

"Sure do" He says, already preparing the drink "CBD ginger and turmeric, latest in tea science" Because if you though Shodan's pursuit of the next big thing only extends to computers - you were wrong. He's surprised at Phoenyx admitting she... left her things behind? "Why would you do that?"

When Phoenyx's cup is all fixed and placed before her he gets himself a plate of eggs, his expression thoughtful "Yeah, abyssal entity. That's what I meant to say"

Suddenly, Kaze enters, and the comfort with which his short-time flatmate moves around elicits no reaction at all. Why would it? They were friends, or so Shodan viewed things. The Obrimos' eyes linger on the shredded sleeve, but again, there is no comment. If it's at all connected to what happened at the club, the apostate will get to that, surely.

"I'm resourceful like that, but to be honest the only good thing that happened to me there was that I didn't die" He says to Kaze "Seems we may have seen different things, though, so why don't we swap stories? I'll start" Although it was far from an ideal topic to talk about over breakfast "Okay, so first of all, the details are kind of fuzzy to me. Must be a side effect of the fact that I had someone - or something - in my head the whole time... anyway, when you" A finger pointed at Phoenyx "got separated from us, we got inside no problem, but when I tried to get to the VIP lounge all manner of weird shit started happening. People freezing in place. Walls that seemed almost sentient. The distant feel of the Abyss where there should have been none. It only got worse from there, though" He says and devours a few solid spoonfuls of scrambled eggs, then drowns them in coffee before continuing "So I got to the VIP lounge eventually, and all of a sudden everyone is gone. Only some lady's voice, laughing at me. The sound comes from everywhere, like in a funhouse, but without the 'fun' part. So anyway, after traversing way too many pools of blood and liquid darkness, as well as axe-wielding maniacs than I'm comfortable with, I come across this lady. She goes on about how i need to help her, but is scary as fuck" And, funny thing, every time he tries to remember her exact features, they slip away from his mind. The only part of her he can clearly remember is the blood trickling from her mouth.

"Anyway, at this point I was certain those were some Abyssal shenanigans, specifically the 'allure of the Dark Side of the Force' kind, so I got the hell out of there. I may have lost Campanella's USB in the process" He admits somewhat reluctantly.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

"I'm good. Shodan is making tea," she says to Kaze with a small smile.

"Huh..."
    she says taking the cup and sniffing it, looking around the unusual room. Taking a small sip and looking at the cup, she takes another and sets it down. "Interesting flavours."

Her eyes narrow at Shodan. "It wasn't deliberate," she says tensely. "It just... kind of... happened."

She nods. "I had sentient walls too. Trying to grab me and restrain me. And a voice, "guiding" me out of the subbasements. Icarus. He knew we had the radio idea, told me you were dead, referred to me a "Pentacle".... So he was awakened, whoever he was. I think we stumbled onto a sanctum." She grimaces. "He... did lead me out, away from the abyssal stuff coming out of the walls and up the elevator shaft. But I have no idea who he is. If he has any sense, a ghost by now."

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shakes his head and whistles. "Yeah, nobody really talked to me, well until the end, and then it was a phone call, not in my head." He says. "There was some definite mind bending stuff though. I couldn't trust my senses. And something with tentacles tried to rip my arm off at one point."

The young Apostate looks at Shodan, "We went there to find a contact though, right? Do you think that's who spoke to you? To us?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

S
    Shodan

Shodan looks apprehensively at Phoenyx, with her tense voice and narrowed eyes "Okay, okay, fine, I guess people can lose their clothes in a night club in a... great variety of situations" Nevertheless, the ghost of a smile passes through the Libertine's face. It bordered impossibility, but surely even Phoenyx could get lost in the moment?

"Fun fact: when Kaze and I had our little drive around the city, back in the day of playing second team to Campanella and Alastor, we got contacted by someone, too. I don't think they introduced themselves as Icarus, but he was obviously almost as tech-savvy as I am" It was sort of a point of pride to Shodan, that much is clear. One has to find silver lining in every cloud "And when we debriefed, Alastor mentioned something about a Seer Legacy called Architects of the Future who were sniffing around, saying something about 'following up on events in Oakland', whatever that means. So I'm guessing your guy" A look to Phoenyx "Our guy" Shodan points a finger to himself and Kaze "And the pair Alastor and Campanella met are all part of the Architects, maybe even the same cabal" Which begs the question, what kind of evil shenanigans were they up to?

The Prime Mover decides to ponder that with a healthy filling of food on his plate.

"Who called you?" That was new "What did they want?"

He looks thoughtfully into his food before eating some of it and drinking the coffee. The strong taste helped clear his mind.

"I can't make heads or tails out of it. My working theory is that the Seers were an outside actor in this, trying to pursue the USB for their own ends, but there's just too many dead ends for me to make sense of it all. What I know, however, is that we have confirmed Seer and Abyssal activity in the city, and on a serious scale, too. Even if the worst has passed, maybe we should report it? Just in case it's not all done yet?" Shodan would hate to be held responsible for withholding information, especially regarding two avowed enemies of the Pentacle.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

PRE

Kaze's comments are listened to. "Mind bending? In what way?"

Phoenyx frowns. "Remind me how you found out about that place, Shodan? Because to me it seems like we were lead right into a trap." The ending 'And we swallowed the bait oh so easy' is not mentioned, but hangs int he air after her tone.

The tension raises several points as the Arrow leers at the Libertine's implication of losing clothes. Instead she seizes on the change in topic. "While we were all contacted in some way, it is a huge assumption that all these individuals are working together in some way, let alone be the same Legacy or cabal. The only evidence I have on Icarus is they are Awakened. Anything else is conjecture." She sips her tea. "And what was on the data stick that made it so valuable? That might offer a clue as to why it was taken. Regardless, it certainly should be reported. If Campenella's allies are not as complete at covering the city as thought, it suggests the risks remain very near."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.