Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

View Poll Results: Do we need the Charter and Tetragrammat?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should remain.

0 0%
  • The Charter and Tetragrammaton should be removed.

4 36.36%
  • The Charter should be kept, remove the Tetragrammaton.

0 0%
  • The Charter should be removed, keep the Tetragrammaton.

8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Consilium Structure OOC

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
    W
    Woland

I'm just going to say that I'm currently at four scenes with Shodan, with fifth possibly pending. Now, two of those scenes (AGTOO epilogue and Debates) should end in the next few days, so I'll have some space then.

I didn't really hold back because I figured the Council would like to first figure out:
    1) Who is Hierarch
    2) Who represents the Moros (Morgan's player has not logged in for over 3 weeks, so while there may be no doubt IC, there can be a OOC question whether they'll turn up for the trial)

Still, as long as all the Councilors' players are willing to postpone the trial for just a little longer, I'm game. This needs to be finally resolved.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Definitely some good ideas and coming at it from a different angle. I've been thinking about it here and there, and some random thoughts:

Not really a fan of any sort of punishment being 'go be in a plot'. The only way that might remotely be a punishment rather than reward is if the plot were counter to the subject's own values and if they couldn't protest in some fashion. Otherwise, it's never been a punishment, and doubly so when short staffed.

I think you're definitely on to something by looking at mechanical things? Scene slots. Mana pool. Scene type restrictions. Shared Merits. My gut feeling is that this is the best idea and finding a suitable progression (represented ICly) will probably yield better results than actual IC RP attempts.

Lastly, and it's probably odd for someone playing a Guardian to say this, but.

Is all of this crap really necessary?

We played for five years without a Charter or Tet and did just fine. Then Jhet and Casitive pushed for it and it's been a raging clusterfuck ever since, and posing a Catch-22 in that --like Winter-- if you let something slide, the fact that the laws/documents exist bite you in the ass later. Their existence means you have to throw people under the bus. Because the thing is, we all want to play Mage. We all want to use magic. Creating an environment where doing just that gets you snitched on was never something I wanted or really wanted to be part of. That's what Paradox is for. We had the initial wave of interest in social players jumping on the Ladder and Factotum train, but that was a flash in the pan.

Ultimately it's probably Yumyumcrow 's call since he's running the game, but I did want to put that thought out there.

Sacramento: the untamed wild that doesn't even have a Charter. #makesacramentogreatagain
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xander, , Mark liked this post

0 Scenes

Some of those penalties, most notably the Scene slot suspension sound more like OOC penalties than IC sanctions.
    If a guy's concept is to flirt with Paradox a bit too much - maybe he's playing a hubristic Ladder or whatever - then he shouldn't be punished OOC for sticking to his concept IC.
    Personally I believe the sentence should be seen as a hook for more plots and ingame roleplay.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Personally I believe the sentence should be seen as a hook for more plots and ingame roleplay.
    I can't express how vehemently I am against an IC punishment being an OOC reward.

We have 1 ST and more people answering plot calls than there is plot. So the solution to get all the plots is just behave badly IC and get 'punished' into all of them? While that may be lovely in principle, it just doesn't make any sense to me.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Dance with the devil in the pale moonlight. Let's get crazy.

I think anything that is "Required" posting is a bad idea. That said, an every other monthly formal gathering is a good idea. The council is a fine idea, but one councilor had to leave during the last Consilium because of real life, the Morgan might not becoming back :shrug: It's starting to feel less viable to me when the Council is 5 seats in a 10 player venue. I'm seeing how it can feel like a club of have's and have nots, when straight up, I just wanna cast spells and solve mysteries with my friends. I've referenced it over and over again, grim dark Scooby-do.

0 Scenes

We go back to the aforementioned Catch-22. There wouldn't be an issue if people respected the general gentlemen's agreement.
    Though, I see mana limitations and shared merit suspensions as a valid alternative.
    To dispel any doubt, you know my opinion already as I've raised the issue more than once; there can't be a fix if people decide to play loose with the setting, and since the needs of PbF relegate PvP to an extrema ratio, you got to the point where it takes 1 year to settle something that could have been handled by calling for init.

Puck Scenes

The short answer West, is not really.

Like I said, I only really see this come up when someone screws up or wants to do a power play and neither of those situations appeal to me. If we want to toss the charter out I'm cool with that. The reason I was thinking on the tet is that I was under the impression other people wanted to do a deeper delve into the setting, including the Lex and legal aspects of it. If that's not the case then I'm 100% okay with dropping this aspect of play.

So the very basic questions before we continue are do we want to just throw out the Charter and is Yumyumcrow okay with that? I say yes to the former and await Crows input on the latter.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Personally I am in favour of what works.

An currently, a Consilium Charter and a tet are not working - and causing more trouble than they are worth.

The Charter was also designed for a larger character group, which we don't have any more.

I don't mind venue necessity trumping the game world in regards to this - I want something that works for our game.

10. Likes Xander liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

My LARP background relating scenes to downtime actions slots really likes the idea of impact against sheets/scene slots to represent punishments. We've done it in vamp for rewards (Twist won a temp dot of Herd for a tournament once) so I can see how it makes sense to do for a punishment.

As far as removal of the charter/tet ... I'll just throw out that it definitely would make the venue maybe a little less daunting to new players.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Might as well tally it up?

Charter - The local Consilium laws.
    Tetragrammaton - The schedule of punishments, including past/precedents.

I've included the possibility of doing away with either and keeping the other:

A Charter with no Tet would keep the laws but make sentences all judgement calls.

A Tet with no Charter would ditch the laws but provide a basis for sentencing if judgment calls made discipline necessary.

Multiple choice is allowed and may require another vote to narrow down 2-3 close options.

13. Likes Ruach, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
+ Reply to Thread