(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The door to the Prince’s office stood open, the soft music of Beethoven could be heard.

Not much was different about the room, the same decorations, same butterflies. But two new chairs sat in front of the desk, Italian made and a deep shade of brown. A very nice red velvet chair, sat off to the side, behind the desk. In one of the corners, was a seating area. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

The Savage sat behind the desk, a pen in hand, making notes on a piece of paper. The folders opened in front of her had a mixture of real estate information, graphs, and one even had some car brochures in it. Seemed she was getting ready for the change in season in a yellow top over black leather pants.
    Jacque Killian
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque made his way to the offices in the back of the Nox. He took a moment to press out any wrinkles in his vest and fidgeted with his cufflinks as he followed the pleasant and familiar melodies of Beethoven to his hostess' office. He rapped on the door frame and paused a moment to wait for some sign of acknowledgement before crossing the threshold.

It was always a battle of the mind, pressing himself into such close proximity of the alpha and supreme threat of the Domain. God did he hate the struggle. As he shifted his focus to the changes in the room his beast settled, knowing the pleas to retreat would go unacknowledged this night. "Dialing back the skull decor a bit?" he lifted the corner of his lips into a wry grin.

"May I?" he asked as he motioned to one of the brown chairs. It was new and seemed like bad manners to park his ass in such an eloquent piece of furniture without being invited to do so.

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was a nice change to have the sound of a knock alert you to someone rather than the press of a Beast.

Since she was expecting him, she looks up briefly and waves him in, nodding, “Turns out the chairs weren’t very comfortable.” Rather of not that was true, didn’t really matter. She wanted a change.

Speaking of change, did the Ventrue own anything else besides suits?

Closing files and setting them aside, “Of course.” Gesturing to the chairs. Folders closed, she leans back, “So what can I do for you this evening?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded and seated himself, "Well, if anyone wishes to complain about these please feel free to send them over to test drive mine." He flashed a coy grin at the thought. Simple hardwood chairs aren't exactly the pinnacle of comfort and luxury.

"I figured her Majesty might appreciate an update." He paused for a moment as he adjusted his posture. "Madam Simmons' lab is operational with a primary focus on the anti-kindred ammunition. Our efforts have been focused on preserving the limited samples in our possession and mapping the chemical makeup in the event the active samples break down or naturally degrade."*

He waited for any questions before continuing, "Taking on the Harpy's bookkeeping has also been largely uneventful. My debt to you is actually the only thing that has been reported since announcing the new protocol." He shrugged his shoulders with a demeanor of indifference, "We're past the better part of a year since Madam Simmons departed. Have you given any thought to naming a new one or do you intend to leave the position vacant?"

*I figured this was an acceptable neutral statement to demonstrate Jack is at the ready when/if a storyteller picks up on the plots with open ends

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage smirks, “No one had actually voiced the concerns to me. But should they decide to, I will gladly send them your way.” The new chairs were sleeker in her opinion. Maybe even more professional.

Oh, an update?

“Glad to hear it is operational, it had always seemed like something that would be useful to the Domain. And you say primary focus, are there other focuses?”
    she asks, “And is anything needed to help these efforts?” science wasn’t her thing, but she had other options at her disposal.

“Really? Interesting. Maybe with the trash taking itself out, it shifted the need for Boons.” A light shrug, she didn’t know. “Interesting that you should bring that up, I’ve been mulling around appointing a new Harpy for a few months. Is this a position you’re concerned about? Or something else?” Ale was, as always, to the point, blunt.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque simply smiled at her attention to detail before explaining, "You'll find I rarely speak in absolutes unless the situation calls for it. It is an innocent habit of the courtroom to avoid perjuring." Tilting his hand over, "That being said, I will very likely dabble from time to time so long as I have access to such a comprehensive lab." He shakes his head, "The work is sustainable and resources are easier to come by with the sound investment advice provided by the First Estate. I will certainly take you up on the offer should the status quo change."

"They definitely seem out of season at the moment," he offered as the savage showed her disdain for some of the recent visitors to the domain. "Concerned? No. Just curious to know what Her Majesty's approach to the situation at hand is. There are those who would likely serve well in the role, but then there is also the vacancy of the Reeve to consider." His head tilts to the side for a brief moment, "Just trying to be more engaged with the comings and goings. Distribution of power and influence is a delicate thing. Even the most wealthy of enterprises will consolidate as needed to optimize." Not the most self-preserving advice he's given. His own station was only more important than probably one other.

His brow lifted, "On that note, I feel I owe you an apology."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A light chuckle, “Seems a smart way to speak." maybe she could take notes. Maybe. “The continued access will be determined by you. If you continue to do research that benefits the Domain, the First Estate and myself, there won’t be a problem.” But surly he knew and understood that. “Please let me know if it changes then. Business has been quite profitable lately, and if I can invest more in the Domain and its continued safety, I want to.” Investing in your area was always wise.

“It does appear that way. Though it was amusing to have someone try and get me to owe them a Boon for contributing to the Domain.”
    That would be the night. “The vacancy of a Reeve is more concerning to me. As I don’t like to leave such a valuable position empty. Things may seem quiet, but they rarely are. But I do plan on speaking with someone about the position of Harpy soon. For me, it’s been about watching and observing, actions speak louder to me.” Words were easy to manipulate, but actions were more difficult. “Anyone in the Domain stood out to you?” what he said would be telling.

There was a slight tilt of her head in interest, “Oh?”

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nodded, "Of course. The work that aides the Domain as well as the benefactors to my continued success in the Domain is always the priority."

"I am humbled that you would solicit my opinions for consideration. Please be assured that I inquired purely to have a proper insight as your Herald and not to lobby for any Kindred. From my vantage point..." he pauses a moment to clasp his hands over his lap, "There is a fairly shallow pool of those who possess the qualities and the will. Lady Hazelton has certainly caught my eye with how she conducts herself, but I don't know her well enough to provide any endorsement. I mention her out of respect of her earned status within the First Estate, and the likely event that her conduct continues to be consistent with what we've seen thus far."

"There is one that I've been able to see in action- Ms. Black." He leans forward before continuing, "Her conduct at the meeting of the Lords was respectful and she is very careful and deliberate with her actions. She thinks before she speaks and she gets the facts before she acts. She was able to expose Boyle for the fraud he was in very short order and it ultimately led to him fleeing the Domain to escape the repercussions of his behavior. She has the stomach for the challenging part of the role in question and frankly where I could fight her to lead our clan, she's earned enough of my respect that I'm compelled to instead support her as Whip."

His brow furrowed as he explained, "Yes. I can be a bit overbearing with my Pride and that certainly was the case during my last visit here. I was frustrated with what Thomas had done and the quandary I found myself in; not being able to prove without outside sources like yourself that he was full of shit." He shook his head, "I forget sometimes that it isn't like the justice system. I can't call witnesses or accumulate affidavits to prove my position without looking weak... even if I'm right."

Jacque straightens his posture as he swallows his pride, "I came in a little hot-headed and thankfully your Grace was quite tolerating of my behavior. You were not the source of my problems, nor should I have been seeking the answer to them from you in the form of leeching more direct power in Domain authority." He bowed his head, respectfully signalling the sum total of his apology. "Needless to say, it won't happen again."

Blood Hunt:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slight shrug, “I’m always open to the opinions of others. Especially those who have proven to give sound advice in the past. I won’t pretend to have all the answers, so getting advice is usually a smart move.” And sometimes it brought up things she never considered before. As she listened, there were small nods here and there. “Lady Hazelton seems eager to assist the Domain, but she is still relatively new. Especially to me. I don’t put others in roles until I know them better and I’m comfortable with them taking on the responsibility. Invictus or not, she’s held to the same standards. But your words are taking into consideration.” Being Invictus wouldn’t get some a position any quicker. The Savage still needed to think she could fulfill the role.

Lenora. Now that was intriguing.

“I’ve had the pleasure of speaking with her outside Court, and enjoyed the way she held herself and spoke.” The comment about Thomas earned a chuckle, “His time was coming. Though I’m glad the Lords were able to see through him.”

Earning respect was hard for Kindred to do.

“Ah yes, Pride. I’ve seen it bring down quite a few. One of those things that is best kept in check.” Though it seemed he realized that. “While I understand what you wanted to do and accomplish, it’s sometimes best to let someone like Mr Boyle hang themselves. He had the rope; it was simply a matter of time. And watching it go down would have been enjoyable.” A knowing smile appears. She’d seen her fair share of Kindred, and Kine, like Thomas shoot themselves in the foot. And it was always worth the wait.

“I’m not sure I would say hot headed, but you were quite passionate. And through the years I’ve learned that if you let someone get it off their chest so to speak, they’re more agreeable to listening. Plus, it was new for you to behave as such, so I figured it was important to listen and react.” The Savage had learned, after many bloody years, to be more cautious. “But knowing I wasn’t the source of the problem is always a good thing.” She jokes, “As it’s usually me someone is pissed at.” Went with the job.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque's eyes tried to follow the Prince's features. Had she already weighed out Lenora or was his nomination a new consideration? "Me too," he remarks about his clan, not caring to expand any further on the events of that evening.

His eyes narrowed a bit, "Some of the irritants I had to deal with would manipulate the situation both ways. Inaction was an offense, action was weakness. It was a complete quagmire." Seeing that the Prince was not offended at the behavior he relaxed his posture a bit, "Their disrespect was unrelenting, but really I prefer to handle my own messes than to come snitching to you at each needle." The question really became how to be more effective at it.

"After spending some time in the Invictus archives I thought perhaps oaths would be a good solution to problems like Mister Boyle or your overly sensitive cousin." His hand flits around considering the alternative, "However, it would be a far cry to have either of them voluntarily engage in such a thing. Plus, there is the time and energy to perform the rite to consider." He smiled, "In the end, they are more effective as a dissuasion from the behavior manifesting than a reaction to it already happening." Tilting his head off to the side, "I looked into pursuing reading auras. A good idea on paper but only the person reading the Aura would truly know and that ultimately doesn't really change the status quo." He already knew they were full of shit.

Gesturing towards Alessandra, "This is where I was hoping to get your advice as a tenured member of the First Estate. I believe I've found a better solution that immediately and publicly exposes such lies and manipulations under my own power. The only roadblock is that it is out of reach, that is, unless Alder Judex Twist agrees to allow it." A coy grin formed before he asks the obvious question, "Is there anything you'd suggest I do to improve my odds of getting that approval when I approach her?" He already knew it was probably going to be expensive, but there were worse Kindred to owe such significant debts to.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-20 20:24:49 Jacque rolls 6 to determine if Ale was already considering Lenora (WIT+EMP+DS) (10 Again) 5, 8, 6, 7, 4, 2 1 success

Blood Hunt:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread