1 - 10
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Echoes of Yesterday

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

It's really quite simple.

Brigit has informed him of a ton of occult happenings around Sacramento, but suggested that, if he wants to know more, he should see an Ithaeur. Now, Allen was quite knowledgeable himself in matters magical and hidden, but you just can't beat a Crescent at this stuff and besides - they will have something this Storm Lord lacks: local experience.

Therefore, not knowing said Ithaeurs' names or hideouts, it left him the Tur to stalk. Time was on his side - with the waning Crescent Moon in the sky, a Spirit Master is bound to show up at some point. Sure, it will probably take more than one night of fruitless waiting, but Allen can be all patience when he wants to be.

This is one such night. Allen Brackett, the newest member of Clarion Call, sits in plain view at the Tur. He is, of course, in his human form, and that form wears the same gray suit that it was wearing when he was inducted into the pack.

His eyes piercing the night's darkness, Allen waits.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A silvery-pale wolf trots softly into the Tur, keeping to the shadows. The Crescent moon was in the sky, somewhere, and it was nice to simply head to the Tur to spot it.

This was, after all, her night.

Or so she had thought. Who was this? Another figure was already here, waiting, as if they knew this was a place to be. A wolf, certainly - his primal nature and scent both made that obvious. But Pure or Foresaken?

Moving up towards the Tur, Emily-wolf heads nto the open, keeping several escape routes in her mind, warily approaching the figure and stopping a few yards in front. She sits, demurely and upright. <<Hello, stranger>> she offers, a touch of amusement in her voice. <<What can I do you for?>>
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent Moon always served as an ideal time for scouting- under it, the Ithaeur felt somewhat safer during his routes. The Protective Charm around the Urhan's neck was even more comforting, and a reminder of what he could accomplish.

His routes ended at the Tur, a safe place to rest until it was time to return home.

Except he wasn't alone- was that Emily? And a newcomer... Definitely a wolf, if Emily was speaking to him. The grey wolf sat down next to his packmate.

<<Welcome.>>

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Under an old, broken railcar the midnight black wolf slumbered peacefully. It was becoming increasingly obvious to the pack that Bleeds Well lived here. His scent was never more than a day old around the Union Pacific West Railyard, because he was rarely away from their territory for longer than it took to him to hunt up some food. By day, when herd activity was high, he'd slip into the hisil and keep a vigilant patrol of the Tur as Urshul. At night he'd return in Urhan and fish along the Sacramento River, surviving on the Rainbow Trout, but occasionally eating like a king when he managed to snatch a Chinook Salmon or a Striped Bass. Tonight had been such a night. Early on he'd snagged a large stripped bass that left him fat and happy. The leftover remains left for the coyotes that had taken to following him from a safe distance each night, as the wolf found his dinner. So he dozed, the smell of fish from his hot breath filling his nose.

Perhaps that is why he didn't immediately rouse when Allen showed up, or when Emily spoke up, but when Nathaniel's whiney wolf-voice hit his ears his head shot up so fast he almost bounced it off the railcar above him. It wasn't his pack mate's fault he appeared so frail and flimsy, that was Mother Luna and Father Wolf's decision, but the Blood Talon couldn't help but feeling like Natheniel was a little brother that needed to be kept safe.

He is wise. Bleeds Well reminds himself as he slinks out from makeshift den. Seeing Allen being greeted by the crescent wolves, he seizes the opportunity to stand on two legs, shifting to hishu. Days had passed since he'd last worn the man-skin, he must not forget he was born of the herd.

He looks at Emily-wolf, "Should I go?" Then glances at Nathaniel-wolf, but not offering the Omega a greeting, yet.

PU: 4

A
    Allen Brackett

A jackpot is what he hits. He'd be content with just one werewolf, and he got three, including two unknown faces? Would his luck continue and reveal at least one to be of the auspice he sought?

<<Good evening>> He answers the two wolves in First Tongue, but his Hishu throat garbles the words, so he quickly shifts to human speech "My name is Allen Brackett, Storm Lord and Elodoth. Newest member of Clarion Call. I was told there are two Ithaeur here? I figured this would be a good time and place to seek them out, ask some questions" He explains, relaxed. His tone and body language are crafted to exhibit humble curiosity.

As for Bleeds Well, Allen grants him a silent nod, but no more than that. An omega he may be, but one's gotta have dignity.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The pale wolf sniffs the air as her packmates appear from the shadows. <<Stay>> She answers Bleeds Well. <<I do not know this one>> she barks softly, jutting her nose towards Allen.

The greeting the Storm Lord offers, as well as the familiarity towards Bleeds Well, does not go unnoticed, large blue eyes glancing between the Hishu. <<An Iminir with Wisdom. Sniff. Well, a first time for everything>> The wolf huffs with amusement. <<And you have met my pack-mate before>> she adds, looking back and forth from Bleeds Well to Allen. It was clearly a statement, not a question. It certainly added weight to the claim he was Pack.

The Crescent lays down, resting her head on her paws. <<Guess this is your lucky night, Allen Brackett. Emily Makerith. Farsil Luhal and Crescent Moon of Clarion Call. I'm the hot one, and the fun one. And the Ritemaster. Tough job but somebody has to do it.>> The wolf seems to be smirking somehow, and the tone is of boastful playfullness as she rocks gently from side to side.

<<Is he Pack, this Iminir?>> The Urhan looks towards Bleeds Well for confirmation. The tone are not confrontational, merely curious.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Striking Looks
    (Commanding)
    Strength
    (Fit)
    Nathaniel Dormur

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well well. Someone in search of Wisdom? Always welcome in Nathaniel's book. Nathaniel joined in along with Emily, imagining that the image might seem quite unsettling for a new arrival. <<Lu-cky indeed. Nathaniel. Ithaeur. Hirfathra Hissu. Hisil Scout, and diplomat when called>> Along with Fetish Crafter, though without a proper network of friendly spirits established the role was less prevalent.

Nathaniel also looked to Bleeds Well. Had this one already been introduced already?

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

A mountain man, in torn black jeans, a black t-shirt full of holes, shaggy, unkept, curly black hair, and a thick unruly beard, watches the two wolves as they introduce themselves to a man in a suit in the middle of a rail yard. Only among the People can this be normal.

Wisdom, as if more wisdom was needed than the wisdom of the Oath. Allen's nod to Bleeds Well goes without response.

Bleeds Well does his best to conceal a snort under a rough cough Nathaniel gives himself a title. Hisil Scout. Sounds cute and important to the Rahu. Emily questions the newcomer's status, and there is a pause before he answer as Bleeds Well tries to find good place to sit. The chilly night air is refreshing on his man-skin, but the wolf would be a more comfortable on the ground. Decisions, decisions.

He finally sits criss-cross-applesauce next to Nathaniel, placing himself just a hair's breadth closer to Allen than Emily. Could I shift to be in an offensive position faster than the Ritemaster could stand?

"Alpha says he will hunt with us, I'll find suitable prey. I just hope he is not like a rich hunter that pays to visit a ranch in Wyoming. They push the prey into the line of fire and then tell him, his shot took down the boar so he can pose for a picture with it to hang on his wall. No glory in that. Nothing pure about it at all, we'll see when he takes down prey in service to the pack. Maybe the Elodoth's arrival is a sign from Mother that we are big and blessed. I have high hope and expectations."

Finally, the Rahu seems to soften by the smallest of measure and return Allen's nod.

PU: 4

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen lets Emily make all the statements she wants, lets Nathaniel introduce himself by whatever title he sees fit and lets Bleeds Well introduce him to the pack's Ithaeur. A Bone Shadow and an Iron Master, then. Fortunate opportunity to get two tribal perspectives for the price of one.

Although that bit about Storm Lords in search for wisdom being a new thing sounded like an insult and a compliment at the same time. One has to wonder what is the root of this scathing opinion. And that mention of... rich Wyoming hunters the Blood Talon makes? Outlandish.

"We'll see indeed" He responds to the bearded man with an easy smile. He is not here to convince the man of his usefulness, and frankly - Allen wasn't sure he could do it with words alone if he tried. Suthar Anzuth can be stubborn like that.

"I'll get to the point then. When I met the pack for the first time, Brigit shared some of the city's history. Apparently some unknown event in the past extinguished werewolf presence here, making it a spirit free-for-all, and the cleanup process is very much ongoing. Now, she hinted an Izidakh ritual that scours the Hisil might be partly to blame. I think it's called..." Allen racks his brain, looking for the name. He knows Urdaga magic, but this is not exactly entry-level stuff "... Rite of the Scorched Earth. Quite appropriate" It is indeed. As is its link to the Fire-Touched.

"I am looking for insight. On what was, is and will be happening around the local Shadow. And I heard one of the Ithaeur is actually native to these parts?" He had little to go on, and so any precise questions will have to wait. The Iminir will just have to count on their willingness to share and work from there.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-20 10:51:56 Allen Brackett rolls 4 to Know Pure ritual (Int + Occ, -2 for good measure) (10 Again) 7, 4, 8, 9 2 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily-Urhan glances towards Nathaniel. Hisil Scout? Lol.

She nods as Bleeds Well outlines the state of play. Worked fine for her.

<<You've met Brigit?>> The pale wolf yawns. That was a good sign. B took no shit, and if Allen was still here, he had passed that test. <<Good. And that Story is true. Sacramento is my home. All my life>> Blue eyes watch the Iminir. <<The Rite was discussed, but even I was not here at that time. Watch out for the East and downtown - the Azlu hold that area in vast webs. Most of the Hisil is wild and untamed, save the territory Clarion Call has claimed>>

The Ithaeur begins scratching an ear with a hind leg. <<My turn. What brings you to the city, Allen?>>

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.