Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well sits in silence as the two talk back and forth. So far the discussion is to garnering in new information for him. The pup was hungry for information, but had only brought the sound of his voice as payment.

Bleeds eyes looked off, as he kept watch while the parties discussed, unnecessary with the two in urhan, but old habits.

1 success for Purity Renown
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-22 11:03:03 Bleeds Well rolls 2 to Purity roll (10 Again) 10, 7, 4 1 success

What annoyed Bleeds Well most was that Allen showed up speaking of killing Pure. It was known that Bleeds Well has refused to kill the misguided Pure even in the heat of battle, even as Gauru, and he'd been branded for holding true to his Purity and the Oath.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-22 11:08:14 Rolling for Allen's rolls 2 to Honor renown (10 Again) 2, 10, 10, 2 2 successes

A thought tickled the back of the Rahu's mind. A story of an uppity Storm Lord...

And Bleeds Well remembered Allen's honorable reputation, his attitude about the young man immediately shifting. Perhaps is will be worth having around, he'd at least bring honor to the name Clarion's Call.

I made the roll for Allen, take note, when meeting another werewolf for the first time (like an introductory thread) roll your highest renown, if successful throw a little bit about what you did to earn that reputation. Word has gotten around. THAT's how renown works, and in the hisil you can see the brands. Renown, it's a system for werewolf reputation.

PU: 4

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    A
    Allen Brackett

He listens to Emily's advice, only granting a single nod when she asks if he'd met Brigit (even though the question sounded mostly rhetorical). When the Ithaeur inquires about his motives, Allen smiles and answers, looking directly at the blue-haired woman. Why it was simple...

"Curiosity. Sacramento does seem to be like Casablanca - the movie, I mean. Everybody who is looking for something ends up here, or so the rumor goes. My home territory is pretty calm at the moment, and I heard you struggle with the Pure Tribes. I decided to check for myself, see if my skillset is of any use"

The Storm Lord also decides to seize the opportunity and follow up on what she's told him so far.

"Why do you think Spinner-Hag's children dwell there? Any interesting loci they might've claimed?" The Azlu strategy of herding people into their territories by dangling essence before them was well known. Makes you wonder just how bad the manifestation is "I'd also be interested in the local spirit politics, if you know anything of them" Anything sentient can and does play politics, and if he has to persuade a lightning spirit that it needs to cut off power in the Pure stronghold or something, he'd first need to know what said spirit might want in return.

Suddenly his gaze shifts to the silent Bleeds Well, and the Elodoth experiences something of a brief epiphany - that he's heard of this man before, somewhere down the grapevine, and that his strict adherence to the Oath was well known, especially when it'd be easier to conveniently 'forget' one or two vows. Allen can certainly respect such steadfastness "Do you have any insight on how we should proceed with the local spirits?" Not addressing the Blood Talon for this long might create the wrong impression that Allen isignoring him. Besides, Allen's auspice very much demands that he equally weighs all opinions, and considers them honorably.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crescent huffs in a way that sounds like a snigger. <<Never saw it... anyways, We're two encounters for two in our favor. Struggling is not what I'd call it. Although they are back>>

The pale wolf cocks its head. <<Easy. There were no wolves to keep them back. They grew, and bred, and grew, and stretched out their domain. Well, there was one wolf. And good as she was, there's only so much one wolf can do>> The Ithaeur yawns. <<Well. Any that were there are probably dormant by now. Ever since Clarion Call moved in, they have had more pressing priorities. There's a fine piece of ass that keeps an eye on the edge of their reach>> Emily sounds amused. She was enjoying being the cryptic mystic. It would probably only last one meeting before the novelty wore off, so she was getting her fill now.

The wolf fixes Allen with a level stare. <<Of course I do. I take my duties seriously, dude. But you need context, because politics is not the word I would use>>
    Oops. Kinda undermines your mystical mystique calling people dude, Emmy.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-23 12:20:46 Emily rolls 3 to Wisdom Reknown (10 Again) 1, 9, 4 1 success
    Emily had survived. Her Wisdom had come from experience, knowing when to fight, when to run, when to deal with spirits, and when stakes were too high.

The Wolf stretched out, low front legs and arched back, before padding over to Allen. <<This story is true. The Pure of Sacramento performed a Rite that devastated all the Hisil, and wiped out all the People form the city as well. One wolf was away from the city, and she returned home to find all was gone. She followed the path of Red Wolf, and did everything she could to preserve the territory of her pack, the Steel Fangs>> The wolf sits, lowering it's voice. <<But one wolf cannot preserve a city. Without the balance maintained by the children of Father Wolf, the spirits roamed free, drawing on their own powers and performing as they wished. The Azlu and Beshilu wrought havoc on the Gauntlet. And the Lone Wolf had to watch her territory shrink, and shrink, pressed by the spider-host, until only her home remained. And all around, the spirits grew wild and free>>

The wolf sounds tired. <<Sacramento is untamed and primal. "Politics">> the wolf waves her paws for the air-quotes, <<here is a misnomer. The spirits are some of the simplest and most primal of their kind - the ones most like their form. Magath have been here. The spirits are like any other ecosystem. Sure, you can talk to them, but think of it more like a natural world. That's what they understand>>

Emily slinks around the Tur. <<I give this Wisdom because it is mine to give, and I believe People should know for their safety... and the Pure have not been told from me. The truth is the Sacramento Hisil is wild and dangerous. So treat her with respect and care. Even a.... hisil scout does not go alone where I recommend not to>> There is a look at Nate, and another sound that was definitely like a snigger.

She wasn't sure how much longer she could keep up the act.

I used Emily's Highest Renown as well.
    Woland , since Red Light Green Light isn't in continuity, and Emily is still in Urhan, Allen doesn't know what Human Emily looks like yet
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Bleeds Well stands and stretches, excusing himself for relief behind a railcar while Emily talks. It's a story he's heard, and he spends his days in the hisil it's current state is one that is familiar to him.

A moment later he returns, "My experience with the spirits here is they are unruly. ​Most are young, I haven't seen a great spirit here at all. The most powerful ones I have had contact with have been twisted. Looking for mounts, or otherwise taking advantage of the current state of hisil. The ones I've seen have acted strange, not recognizing or not caring about the legacy we've inherited from Father Wolf."

He shrugs.

"But my place is not to be diplomat, it's to be the teeth and claws of the pack."

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen listens attentively, recognizning Emily for the Wise Crescent that she is. Her ability to analyze the situation is exactly the kind of insight he wants.

But eventually, he speaks again "Far be it from me to disagree with a local, but is it really so that the Hisil is populated with just motes and gafflings? If it's as wild and untamed as you say, shouldn't they start eating each other to gain power? Forming broods, pantheons, carving domains?" If Allen knows anything about spirits, it's that they are never content. Eventually, one mote will consume another, then another... until some recognizable landscape coagulates "I'd assume this wildness has had an effect on the physical world as well?"

Although it's what the Blood Talon says that captures a lot of Allen's attention "Twisted? How so? It's hardly unheard of for a spirit to seek passage into this world, and selfishness is their defining characteristic" It's not a tone of criticism or disagreement, indeed the Elodoth sounds curious as to what made Bleeds Well describe spirits that way "And the denizens of Shadow are not exactly known for deference towards us. One can imagine they'd be more dismissive than most, but if they actually don't recognize us for what we are..." If that's what Bleeds meant to say. In any case, the dots begin to connect.

You're absolutely right, Xadun , I apologize for my mistake

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The wolf shakes her fur, and huffs indignantly. <<Pedant. I said "simple" not "weak". There are Jagglings a plenty, Sure, they merge, but, like... Spirits seem to prey on their natures more than merging. And yes, mixed spirits are also there, just... less common, I've found. Happy?>> The wolf rolls her eyes. <<There's some domain carving, Choirs and Decants and whatever, but, well... We are One pack. We can't control or re-order a whole city. Out territory has structure, but we're not miracle workers. Treat most Spirits with respect, you can't go far wrong unless they massively outclass you>>

Emily paws at a rock on the ground idly. <<Wrong. Spirits aren't selfish. They act in line with their nature - concepts, things, actions, that have little understanding of human concepts. They seek to survive and exist, like any creature>> She looks over to the Rahu. <<Spirits respond to reknown, as you know. But their standards are high. None of the pack rate higher than a Greater Gaffling in authority in the Spirit. Jagglings are willful and the mistrust of Father Wolf's children runs deep>> The wolf Shrugs, and nods towards Allen in agreement.<<Encountering a Spirit stronger than you think, alone, is unlikely to have much of a care for you. As a Pack, we garner more respect together. Is what it is, man>>

The wolf rolls her front shoulders. Urhan was much better to running than idle chatter. Perhaps it would be better to change. Urgh. So much for Crescent mystique. The rock was batted a little more with the paw.

No worries! Not an accusation. Emily wants to see the reaction of, well, her, popping out of the wolf. She's a mischeivious one when it takes her.

Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

The Rahu shrugs, "I'm no diplomat" he repeats.

"But I'm here, all day, everyday. I patrol the edge of the tur, in the hisil. All Day. Every Day. Something is brewing out there."
    His head nods vaguely to the border with his ominous words as he falls silent. The purist shrugs and lets the philosophers and ambassadors return to their banter.

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen raises his hands in a defensive gesture "I was misunderstood" He says "I didn't expect Sacramento to be a magath zoo, but more of what you're describing: spirits feasting close to their respective natures. Murder on murder, car spirits on others of that kind, et caetera" It was still surprising to him, what Bleeds Well said. No great spirits here at all, huh? "Likewise, I didn't expect one pack to hold a city this size together by itself. Accept my apologies if I sounded... unappreciative of your work" He wasn't here that long, he doesn't know the area that well, but between Hisil-burning rituals, Pure incursions and spider Hosts any progress is a huge achievement.

An eyebrow is raised when Emily disagrees with him on the matter of spirit nature "They seek to survive and exist by replicating that on which they feed - happiness, misery, order... acting in accordance with their natures directly benefits them, and they have little regard of how that affects either world. Sounds like a perfect picture of selfishness to me" He shrugs "That is not to say they are 'evil'. It's just nature. Like you said, it is what it is" Which is why balance is important, and one does not simply go around tearing disease spirits to shreds while giving embodiments of happiness free candy.

Something is brewing? And just what might that be? "What do you mean by 'brewing'?" He asks the Blood Talon "Have you seen anything like that before? Or heard any tales that would help us know what we might be up against?" Wisdom can be found in most unexpected places. If this man possesses any, Allen wants it out there.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily watches, carefully. <<Mmm. If there are spirits of bigger strength, city spirits and the like, I haven't seen them. Doesn't mean the don't exist. I don't stray too far from the territory nowadays unless I have to for work>>

The Iron Master meets the sceptical look with a level one. <<Selfishness is a human concept. And while spirits of Greed do exist, the drive to proliferate is not selfishness but instinct>> The tone is back to amusement, like an older sibling trying to explain something simple. <<Spirits make sure they maintain what they can before extending their reach, most of the time. Not always, and we step in of course... but most do. And do not forget it is the Material world that shapes them, makes them what they are, as much as they seek to act within their nature. That is the cycle. Not evil, yes, but not indulgent. Call it selfish if you like>> the wolf huffs another chuckle, <<But you're wrong. You're allowed to be wrong. But that doesn't sound like seeking wisdom, being offered knowledge and rejecting it for your established belief>> Okay, obvious bait is obvious, but dammit, Emily felt like she'd more than earned her spirit stripes. This was her Territory, and she wan't going to dishonour it by some human view.

Ominous feelings? <<Okay... that's creepy>> the wolf huffs at Bleeds Well, twisting and writhing into a blue-haired punk with a Less than Jake t-shirt, leather jacket, jean-shorts, fishnets and bright red Doc Martins. Emily cracks her neck from side to side and makes it click. She swaggers over and drops onto the bench next to Allen. She smells of smoke, stale alcohol and bubblegum.

"Trust me, Allen, if Bleeds Well had seen something he'd tell us. He's not he cryptic type, unlike the chief," the Ithaeur says brightly. "Also, who do you think there is to tell these tales? Spirits aren't that big on Wolf history, save, you know, the big bits. Only one wolf survived the wiping out of the People, and you're looking at her." Depending on how long Allen knew the disappearance happened, the Ithaeur in front of him could barely have been out of teens at the time. "Thing is, man, aside from the stories that left Sac before the big bang, the only one telling stories is me about me - least until Clarion Call showed up and we started making a pack again." Pale blue eyes watch Allen lazily, and the Ithaeur yawns. It had been a long day. She looks up, scanning the sky for her Auspice moon.

11. Likes Mark liked this post
    Oath Enforcer
    Presence
    Primal Urge
    Danger Sense
    Fast Reflexes
    Fleet of Foot
    Bleeds Well

Trained Observer - 2

Anonymity - 2
    Scene Stats

PRE

Could he put it to words? The feeling that's something brewing. The strange behavior he's seen at a distance? He's convinced there is a power play going out, just out there, outside of their territory. Behind the scenes. Does he have evidence, enough to speak up? No, for now he'll watch and wait. Just like he listens to this conversation. He watches and waits. Waits for new information, waits for the Shadow Lord to live up to his rep, waits for anything to happen, because damn it, he's getting bored. The Rahu needs a fight, or a project, something to do with his calloused hands, or an enemy to stalk. But for now, he points his chin at Emily.

"Got a smoke sister?"

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.