DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

The second step always felt surreal. That strange liminal place between new and habitual. Four months into a new job, half a year into a new house, the third day waking up in an unfamiliar bed. Almost a year in a new city; masterless in the sense that mattered — Edward wondered if he'd ever feel the joy of service again.

He brushed away non-existent wrinkles in his new suit as if it would brush away his thoughts. Focus.

He was early as was possible, and assumed Lenora would be soon to follow. It would be best if both were present before the arrival of Twist .

2. Bump "Bump" this post

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

It doesn't take long.

"Mr. Heinrich!" sounds an all too familiar voice, tingling with cordiality and even a hint of friendship.

So stood Lenora, clad in her own new oufit, a form fitting black dress possessive of simple angular designs in silver. From her ears hung dangling silver earrings and upon her lips was a shade of deep russet red that complimented her smoky eyes.

"It is simply a pleasure,"
    she continued as she approached, her hands folded before her with the tickets just visible between her fingers, "I have acquired a box for our viewing, per your preference."

It was private enough from other sections to afford them some privacy. After all, they were to discuss Lenora's potential place in the First Estate. This was a matter of legacy and, therefore, Lenora had spared no expense.

I have assumed we are meeting in the lobby, as the box has not been mentioned

4. Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The dress' fringe tickled the top of Twist's thighs as she maneuvered through the lobby of the designated theater. No doubt it tickled a number of thoughts in the minds of those she passed as well; something she found no issue with. Her dark hair spilled in loose waves down her back, and to not detract from the sparkle of her outfit, her makeup was subtle.

With neither Lenora nor Edward possessing the strength of Beast of say, their Prince, it took a few circuits before her own sensed them. Restraining its push to make a scene before first curtain, she maneuvered toward the two.

A polite step or two away, a pleasant smile on her face, she greeted them announced her presence.

"Mr. Heinrich, Ms. Black - good evening!"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

(Blush of Life (Bookkeeping))Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's eyes had naturally found her way to the Duchess before she had greeted them. How could she not?

Twist's Beast was mercifully masked as always, but the woman did not need to rely on the strength of her Blood to warrant notice. Lenora's usual cordial expression decorated her features, granting the Duchess a slight nod upon her arrival, though she refrained from more formal acknowledgement given their current place among the Kine.

"All the better with your coming, Ms. Torsione,"
    Lenora offers, her lips curling to a gentle smile, "Your dress is absolutely delightful. It seems I am not the only one who thinks it so."

A glance is offered to one of the Kine eyeing the Daeva. Lenora attempts to dissuade the man with a glare... but fails. The man scoffs and chuckles to himself as he returns to his conversation with his party. As for the normally effective Lord, the false Blush on Lenora's face reddens lightly with her embarrassment.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 16:43:31 Lenora rolls 5 to Judging Glare (10 Again) 2, 2, 2, 1, 1 failure

Clearing her throat, Lenora shifts her weight and affords a slight gesture of her hand to the nearby stairway and the waiting usher.

"Shall we retire to the box or wait a moment longer?"
    she asked, granting the decision to the two established members of the First Estate.

7. Likes White liked this post

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

"Ms. Greene," Edward gave a small smile and inclined his head, "excellent to see you. Thank you for handling that."

He saw Twist's wake before he saw Twist. The enumerable brief, or not so brief, looks that followed her. It was no surprise why.

"Ms. Torsione," Edward gave a shallow bow, a gesture of respect with the awareness a proper bow would cause undue attention. As Lenora mentioned the box, he had to keep his face from falling. To bring up that she was the one who aquired it for them would be too forced now.

It didn't really matter. At Lenora's comment, Edward was well trained enough not to laugh. I don't think it's the dress they find so delightful.

Although it was. "Each time, my eyes are graced with your presence is a fresh joy. The personalty you both exude through fashion is extraordinary. I really must up my game."

Lenora gives has her non-verbal exchange, and Edward smiles to hide the rapid onset of anger; it doesn't reach his eyes.

"A good idea, Ms. Greene, it would be a terrible shame to miss the opening." He looks to Twist, giving her the chance to veto.

Sorry for the delay!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist grinned letting her hips shimmy just enjoy to make the fringe swing teasingly, "I'm glad it finds approval." Letting her gaze roam over her companions, "I am glad to see that our group cuts a fine image as a whole as well."

Lenora was sharp in the simple black silhouetted dress and though Edward himself lacked the usual flare of their shared clan, he's suit was a compliment to her dress.

As far as Lenora's failed attempt to not have a Daeva command a rooms attention or Edward's lack of smiling eyes, she either didn't notice or didn't care.

"Indeed," she instead agrees easily. And with the familiarity of one who owns a theater, she breezed through toward the aforementioned box.

Waiting until the two of them caught up with her, she continued, "Are both of you fans of Shakespeare?"

10. Likes Stray liked this post

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora would follow behind Edward and Twist, quietly dealing with the ticket counter before catching up to the pair.

The anger in Edward's eyes had not gone unnoticed and thus the Prudent Lord said little as Twist led them to their box. When they arrived, Lenora would not seat herself, her attention landing squarely on the Duchess as she spoke, her stoic mask having returned following her... stumble.

However, when the question was asked, Lenora knew it was within her best interest to answer.

"Certainly,"
    she offered, "The Bard's contributions to theatre and drama as a whole cannot be understated. I had the pleasure of viewing many before the beginning of my service, though my... mentor also allowed me the boon of attending others when an opening in my duties allowed it."

Uncertain whether the box was private enough, Lenora edged on the side of caution rather than refer to her sire by her title of esteem. She would gauge the words of those established in the First Estate, if they freely discussed the matters of their society, then she would shed the code, but not before.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward chuckles as Twist shows off then listens to Lenora's answer with a friendly smile.

"I am saddened to admit theatre is a gap in my education. Of the handful I've had to pleasure to enjoy, Macbeth has remained with me most keenly. I have yet to see a better illustration of the importance of loyalty."

Edward pulls out a chair, offering to the seat to Twist before doing the same for Lenora.

"Do either of the beautiful ladies have a favourite?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was the danger of what she was trying to do. There was a phrase about it. She didn't know many American phrases, but there were some that trickled down to the clubs. Meanings being as applicable there as anywhere else. Those ones she knew.

Ask and you shall recieve.

"A wise move for him," Twist answered, her tone easy and revealing little on her true thoughts of the sounds of Lenora's mentor. [color="#663366"]"Were your duties

A tsk'ing sound, "A shame. I may be biased but I think the theater is a wonderful addition to anyone's life." And though she meant it, like with her comment to Lenora- her tone was easy. Any actual judgement or critique past the socially polite non existent or masked well.

An eyebrow raised curiously toward Edward, "Oh? A perhaps fitting choice then for this evening." It wasn't stated as a question, and yet the dark eyes that glanced briefly to her companions invited comments.

Accepting the seat, Twist took a moment to settle into it before answering. "My nature makes it difficult to have a single favorite," she admits. Not to mention finding a version that she could understand. Oh, there were translations of course. But there was always something to be said for hearing, and understanding, something in the tongue it was crafted.

"Of course, my leanings in the theater have always been toward the visual elements and it is difficult to not find The Tempest or Midsummer Night's Dream high on my list."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A look of slight confusion passes Lenora's features as Twist's utters the word 'him', but it is soon followed by a look of revelation.

"Yes, I am blessed to have found service in her estate,"
    she said, the mention of appropriate pronoun remaining gentle. She would not dare to overtly correct Twist, "My apologies, it occurs to me that the details of my tenure with the Baroness has never been discussed with you. A misstep on my part."

A gentle nod was granted at Twist's words when she spoke of the wonder of theatre, but Lenora did not offer her thoughts on the matter. Her stance on theatre was already clear and it was not her place to expand on such things.

Nonetheless, Lenora gaze did land on Edward briefly as Twist spoke of how fitting Hamlet may well be to their meeting. A cordial smile hit her lips.

Clever, Mr. Heinrich. Very clever.

Eyes moving to the chair, there is a brief hesitation before Lenora accepts it. Old habits were hard to kill and it felt... wrong to seat herself before the established members of the First Estate had done so. However, she did ensure she took her seat only after Twist had done so.

Her gaze returning to Twist, there was a glint of admiration. Lenora had respect for artists and those who allowed them to do their work. She had a hunch Twist was both.

"I imagine it must be so,"
    she offered as the elder Daeva mentioned her nature before Lenora allowed her self to look upon the stage, "To surround oneself in the company of artists must be a blessing, I am certain their work has allowed you a greater understanding of the concepts within Shakespeare's works. I myself find something new in each play I've attended, as each theatre has their own ways of telling the stories, but my experience surely pales when compared to your own."

She let the compliment hang. It was a genuine truth. Even if Lenora had attended hundreds of plays as a patron, it could not compare to the multitude Twist experienced as the proprietor of a theatre. Her superiority, therefore, needed to be acknowledged.

"I find Julius Caesar a frequent favorite,"
    she offered, "The subtlety and grace Mark Antony utilizes in his speech to turn the masses against the murderers of Caesar while abiding by his agreement not to speak ill of them is... nothing short of masterful. It's own themes of loyalty are also interesting when one considers Brutus' guilt made manifest by the ghost of Caesar."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread