Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods silently in acknowledgement. After a long, thoughtful silence, he says, "I am sure you know what's best, Ma'am, Priscus Black. I can understand a bit about going it alone; my goals being to learn by doing means I generally go it alone, experimenting on my own self, if an experiment is called for."

He pauses again and then asks, "I guess I am a little curious, Ma'am, if it's not too personal or wouldn't make it harder if it were known--whether our separate goals might not be as different as I was assuming. I was thinking your goals were on a path of advancing, socially; it sounds like maybe, like me, it's more a means to dig up some hidden knowledge?" Dirt Nap asks softly.

"I am pretty much set on learning all I can about my own condition, and the ways to push and pull it from its unnatural path into something a little more to my liking The sheriff previous, Moretti, had some reasons along the same line."

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's eyebrows raise as Dirt Nap speaks of self-experimentation. That was... unexpected.

"A large part of my work is simply preparations, Mr. Nap,"
    she explained, "The rest consists on the study of knowledge that is readily available rather than secretive. I need only make the time. I seek knowledge regarding certain disciplines. However, such things are not important until my blood rises. For the moment, I remain concerned predominantly with the advancement of Disciplines I already possess. The rest will come in due time."

Hands folding behind her, the Lord is all too happy to continue.

"It is within my hopes that all will be as it should once I experience my..."
    she began, a long pause forming as she visibly thinks of the best word to describe how she will change, "Growth."

A small smile hits her lips, satisfied with the term. 'Growth' was more than appropriate.

"However, I will admit that part of what you suggest is correct. It is certainly within my wishes to establish a place within this Domain socially," Lenora admits, "While you have made a name for yourself in the field, my battlefield has always been one of diplomacy and sound politics. It would be detrimental to my legacy - and the overall health of the Domain - if I did not seek to establish myself in a region of interest in which I excel."

It was the simple truth. Lenora was a diplomat and an adept when it came to etiquette and overall function in Court. She was not a soldier. Why would she damn herself to failure?

A head tilts as Dirt Nap expands on his own purpose.

"Ah,"
    she says, "but that is where we differ, Mr. Nap. Your words suggest a need to learn from the condition we share as a whole. My concerns are merely within the realm of my own lineage. I do not seek transcendence, I seek to thrive should certain specifics within my line manifest themselves in my Requiem."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods thoughtfully and is silent a socially awkward length of time before saying suddenly and abruptly breaking the silence, “Only makes good sense, Ma’am, Priscus Black. We each ought to do what comes. “ He says, “I gotta say I am not really too unselfish as it might look like, learning for its own sake; I started out dying of cancer, in a hospital, fighting to live, an then even someone as stubborn an mule headed as me could see it wasn’t gonna be a fight I could win, but I went right on just fighting to die as slow as could be. That’s the time my Sire got curious about what I would do with The Embrace, but I died first, heard the pronouncement. Then woke up in a fashion. After I got some used to the way of things, my old mule headed ways kicked in and I started trying to die as slow as I could again, and my Sire made some introductions for me and I started learning some things, how to put down a ‘loss of composure “ you could say, before it could properly start, and then how to feel properly fed off just animals even if I would ‘grow ‘...

Dirt Nap looks thoughtful and is quiet for a minute and then says, “Still working on that one, like you said, ‘Preparing ‘.”

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora nods.

"Then your interest in our condition is understandable, I cannot say that I was in the throes of death when the Baroness selected me to serve,"
    she says, "Nor was I close to it when she chose to Embrace me."

Then the Savage speaks of blood potency, referencing the want to feed on animals even when his blood would not naturally allow it. Did he think the growth Lenora had referenced was related to the strength of her blood?

Oh you simple boy. It's so much more!

Lenora was amused by the prospect that this Gangrel felt their respective paths were similar, but she wouldn't show it. That would be improper. Instead her mask remained as stoic as ever, only granting the man a slight smile to show he was welcome.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-22 18:57:57 Lenora rolls 4 to Hide Her Feels! (Comp+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 2, 2, 1, 9 1 success

"Preparation is important, but, as with so many things, eventually our goals will come to pass,"
    she said, "It is my hope you find your work adequate to prepare for your tribulations, Mr. Nap. Is there something I can provide that might assist you?"

The compliment was genuine enough. She didn't hate Dirt Nap and the intellectual in her was intrigued by his statements. That and, well, it never hurt to have more friends.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap goes unnaturally still and focuses to point of nearly staring as Lenora hints at her origins.

Then, when he’s attempting to commiserate, he watches her intently again, showing—or attempting to show—no emotion.

He nods as she affirms his stated goal, perhaps it’s his goal alone not actually shared, and smiles slowly, “Well Ma’am, Priscus Black, I find a low profile seems to be the best thing for me in my studies; I would appreciate it if you didn’t necessarily mention my name too much when you happen to run across a situation I could help out. I’m all for helping, mind you, I just find it seems to go better for getting things done if I don’t get the credit.” He says softly.
    Only One success counts on the wits roll because he subtracts one for being Gangrel and rolling a 1.l

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 01:28:19 Dirt Nap rolls 3 to detect hidden feelings (Wits 2 + Subterfuge 1) (10 Again) 8, 9, 1 2 successes

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 01:45:08 Dirt Nap rolls 4 to Conceal feelings (Composure 3+ Subterfuge 1) (10 Again) 2, 9, 4, 7 1 success

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A head tilts as Dirt Nap requested anonymity for the deeds he has yet to perform.

"Your request is... odd, Mr. Nap,"
    she says, admitting her feeling on the matter, "but I will honor it so long as I am able. That said, if I become aware of your assistance in a Domain member and a senior official of the Domain requests my knowledge of appropriate actors, I will see them informed."

Where Dirt Nap is driven to understand Lenora's mask, Lenora herself lacks the same investment to seek a full understanding of the Gangrel. As the Savage grew still in motion and expression, Lenora only granted a slight smile as her Prudent nature pushed to the surface. Dirt Nap could keep his secrets. For now.

In this situation, I believe Lenora is considered the defender(?). However, Lenora will not roll to see through Dirt Nap's mask. She finds him pleasant, but is not overly concerned about what the Dragon thinks of her at this time. Dirt Nap also does not seem to be politically motivated and thus will not be subjected to Lenora's scrutiny. As such, Dirt Nap's mask succeeds in hiding his true emotional state from the Lord. This time... dun dun dunnnn

We should also wrap this up soon!

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens, not nodding immediately. "I am sorry, Ma'am, Priscus Black. I might have given the impression I was asking you to keep things secret. I only mean to say that I am not looking for or wanting any promotion. I will answer flat out if anyone asks, like you did before, what I do for the Domain. I just don't want to make it out like it's a big thing, nor wanting anyone else to." He explains. "I thank you again, "Ma'am."

Glancing around, Dirt Nap says, "I apologize again, Ma'am, Priscus Black; It's getting late, and I have to get somewhere soon. I hope we can talk again another time."

Thank you for the scene! I hope they interact more! Sorry to close abruptly! I have been swamped, and don't know that I'd get another post in before the Court closes on Saturday!

11. Likes Stray liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread