Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I appreciate that, Ma'am, Priscus Black." Dirt Nap says as she speaks to him. "I haven't really had any dealings with them; mostly because I haven't got to talk with the Priscus, and that has been my aim." He explains.

"In a manner of speaking, Ma'am, Priscus Black." Dirt Nap answers he question slowly and thoughtfully. "This is not my first time in Sacramento. I've only been back for a month or two, after leaving for a while. I was here the first time a little more than a year ago. A lot of folk have come and gone since then. It seems to be the kind of city that people pass on through before long." He observes.

Lenora Black | Public: Lenore Greene
    New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah, well, if there is ambiguity it may be best to wait for them to learn more," she says, "I am certain Miss Hazelton can see to your needs in the interim. At any rate, it is pleasing to hear your adherence to wisdom and seek to consult their Priscus first. Many Nosferatu care deeply for the security of their necropoli, as is their right."

As the Savage proves willing to engage, Lenoras eyes lock to his, listening to his words.

"Yes, I had heard it said you had returned and many seem quite pleased at your return,"
    she offered, "Did you serve during your last stay in the Domain?"

Did this Savage have a purpose? Or was he well-regarded chiefly because of his good manners?

At the comment of Sacramento's fluidity, Lenora had nodded. Even in the brief time she had been here, some had come and gone.

"Alas it seems so," she says, "I can think of some that share that trait, but it is rare. That said, departing from Sacramento is not within my plans. The future to come will benefit most with my being established and rooted in the community."

3. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods at Lenora's wise observation and implied praise for going through the process of seeking to talk with the Nosferatu Clan Priscus first, resolving not to be fooled by her pleasant way and winsome attentions into speaking too recklessly!

"I didn't notice too many people seeming happy I came back, Ma'am, Priscus Black, just no one seemed too unhappy, I guess. I helped out with a few things; never did have any kind of official job or anything." Dirt Nap says with a slight smile.

"I guess I end up keeping a little bit of a low profile, 'cause I have my hands full working on controlling my own self, so I am not too ambitious about having authority over anybody else."

He sighs. "I do like the place, myself. I don't intend to go wandering away again any time soon."

Dirt Nap pauses and then asks, "If it's not too personal, do you mind if I ask if you plan on staying a while?"

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora's smile does not falter as Dirt Nap comments.

"I must disagree, Mr. Nap,"
    she says as he speaks about the Kindred merely being indifferent by his return, "Many seem to afford you some kindness, hence why I assumed you possessed some service in the past. In what tasks did you assist?"

The question was exploratory, of course. If Lenora and Dirt Nap were to get to know one another, it would be useful to bear some understanding of the Savage's affinity.

"Control?"
    she asks with a hint of surprise, "A quest we share. Although I'm certain our reasoning differs."

Realizing how that could come off, Lenora quickly adds, "I mean no offense, of course. Mine is simply preparations for... a high probability."

A sage nod is granted as Dirt Nap speaks of his preference for Sacramento.

"Indeed, their are many opportunities,"
    she offers, "And yes, it is within my intent to remain for the forseeable future. As I said, my plans have shown me that it is best to establish myself rather than leaving for another Domain."

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods agreeably more as if deciding it’s more impolite to argue than to accept the compliment than as if he truly agrees. “I have made one or two friends I suppose,” he admits. “I have tried to be useful. Just physical jobs; I answered the call when there were some of our kind , outsiders poaching and killing some of the local police. Another time was someone trying to hunt our kind, and once was some local politics among the day time crime community called for a little bit of getting western to remind them they had no business stepping out of their territory in the night.” Dirt Nap says.

I never was in charge of anything . I just answered the call to do my part. I am a supporter of peace and stability, you might say.”

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lenora grants a nod as Dirt Nap elaborates on his previous service. The respect and kindness offered to him was beginning to make sense to the Lord before him. As he lists his work, Lenora's eyebrows peak slightly in evidence of her interest.

"A regrettable necessity in our world,"
    she says, the statement genuine, "I am pleased to hear there are those within Sacramento who stand capable against such threats. I am certain Her Majesty is as well. Is it too bold to assume you have worked with our absent Reeve? Perhaps his predecessor? Mr. Mitnick afforded much of the success in security to Reeve who came before him."

Then after a moment she tilted her head.

"With that in mind, I am curious,"
    Lenora says, her tone venturing on the side of gentleness, "What has blocked you from approaching to take up the good Reeve's duties? He was not present at the Formal... and perhaps the Domain would do well with the presence of a more constant presence ensuring the adherence to Tradition and Law."

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

"I do miss him, Ma'am, Priscus Black, and the one before him, maybe more." Dirt Nap says, nodding. "I learned a lot from them both."

Then he chuckles very softly. "I suppose it seems strange, like I 'lack ambition', but the truth is, I am working hard, putting my full attention on my studies. I don't look for a position that would make it harder for me to focus on advancin' in the way my actual ambitions lie. I'm ambitious enough, probably too much, but my goals for self improvement are in a different way than by getting an official position. As it is, I have to work hard at making sure I am known to be willing to pitch in, unofficially that is."

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Stablizing force is a comfort," Lenora's offers as the Savage speaks of missing figures of authority, "In time, I'm certain another with the right qualifications will arise. That or perhaps Mitnick will return and take up his duties once again. If Her Majesty chooses to forgive his absence."

Lenora shakes her head lightly as Dirt Nap seems to venture into what she may think of him.

"There is more to ambition than seeking a place within the Domain. Improvement of ourselves through study is important to many Kindred,"
    Lenora says, "That in mind, I will bear in mind your declaration and make mention of your service once another Reeve becomes established. Such an act safeguards your status and places our security in knowing hands. The Domain as a whole can only benefit from your assistance, even if the capacity is unofficial."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, “Thank you for your consideration, Ma’am, Priscus Black.” He says. “Is there any thing that I could do to help in some little bit to move along your preparing for your possibilities?

New Identity
    (Lenore Greene)
    Striking Looks
    (Comely)
    Presence
    (Winsome)
    Allies
    (Judicial)
    Allies
    (Culture)
    Lenora

+1
    SL
    PRE

A slight wave from Lenora's hand gently dismisses the issue.

"Think nothing of it, Mr. Nap,"
    she says, "My contribution to your continued success are rather minor due to my own status. For the moment."

While Lenora was certain she could sway some things, she was acutely aware she held no official title in the Domain herself. Like Dirt Nap, she merely seemed to be well regarded by the right people. However, it was a start and it benefited Lenora to learn more of those who fostered a good rapport Prince and her Inner Circle.

To his questions, Lenora did appear to give his offer some thought, granting a sizable pause as she granted the matter consideration.

"Given where the potential peculiarities are rooted, it is best I pursue the matter alone,"
    she concluded granting the Savage a slight smile, "but I thank you for your consideration."

Lenora would likely not discuss the conditions of her blood until they awoke within her, if they did at all. It was best that others did not know of the road that lay ahead of the Lord until she had succeeded in reaching her destination. Such a thing would render her vulnerable, though she would likely need to discuss the matter eventually with Alessandra. However, debt to one's sovereign was the way of things in Kindred society.

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread