Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Sure, it's worth the hassle. That brings up another point: there might be some sympathetic ties from another timeline that haven't been fully erased. If you have no objection I'm going to perform an incantation on both of us, so you can check the clock by yourself", it was something they had meant to explore together with Alastor before the Arrow left abruptly

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, Xander liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I can deal with that for you."

He smiles. They were getting to things he both understood and had the power to affect.

"You cast first for the exam, then once we've completed it I'll check the sympathy to the clock. Do you have anything to see that sort of thing to point the threads out? If not I can just purge the clock of all it's sympathetic connections."

4. Likes Vincent, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

(Temporal Flow, Pixel and Himself)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

"Don't purge anything yet. I'll keep it super simple", he takes another cigarette from his pocket, making a display of not offering the young man one. He wasn't going to corrupt another innocent with his unhealthy habit, "There was a time before. Then the clock occurred, and what was before is no more, however traces of this past remain. Places where the superimposed timelines intersect. So some of us - most notably Magus Aurora - still remember that past, going as far as keeping memories of events that effectively have never been, or having met with people that were something back then and right now are something entirely different. What I want to do is collect these samples of sympathy and try to track them back to the source. Not out of curiosity, rather, to know how exactly this thing works in case it ever stops working again and to fix whatever Paradox this time travelling business might have caused", he lights the cigarette, inhaling the smoke,
    "So, in short. I get the temporal sympathy, you copy it, add Magus Aurora's to the mix. And hopefully we find something helpful",
    he seems to go out of sync for a second, pondering about something, "There's something more that might be helpful. I have collected a cigarette butt or two, there's also the secret corridor beneath the circle. They may or might not be linked. But Lucky Strikes weren't produced 4 centuries ago, so it's most likely the doing of the Eye. But let's start with the simple stuff", he closes his eyes for a second, attuning his will to the vagaries of Arcadia, "Casting", he says, before the chorus of high speech that follows.
    Soon they'll be able to see the anomaly in its full splendor.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-23 03:15:18 Winter rolls 5 to Temporal Flow IMP (-2 Target, HS) (10 Again) 5, 3, 5, 9, 9 2 successes

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Clock / Eye of Ouroboros is currently inert. That is to say, inactive. The Resonance given off by the Artefact is still tremendous and even after a year it is still quite solid and distinct. Like standing next to a cooling nuclear reactor and able to see the radiation still pulsing from it.

The Clock stands out to their Sight, quite distinct from the Sanctuary. A superimposed image that does not quite fit.

Its a circular pattern write through the fabric of floor. Stone and tesalated tiles are not so much part of the floor as fabric of the device itself.

The Sanctuary itself is off as well. As if it, too, is a superimposed image that does not quite fit; that snags the fabric of space-time, but from a direction perpendicular to that of the Clock. And it too is aglow with its own background radiation - radiation of a different quality to that of the Clock.

Both Sanctuary and Clock are off kilter when compared to their own aura's.

Any further investigation will require Scrutiny.

8. Likes Vincent liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:
    Things around Pixel become block like before suddenly reverting to their normal appearance, as if the world around him were slowly being rendered in on a crappy cpu.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A singularly?" Beady eyes squint before turning away. "Nah, that's not it."

He pauses a moment but shrugs the thought off. It's then that he looks around and notices that something about the resonance was clearly off track.

"I don't have any sympathy with Aurora to replicate though, and I can't even see through time on my own much less replicate temporal sympathy. What I can do is take a look at the cigarette butts for spatial sympathy, or help you scrutinize why the resonance flowing from the clock and the Circle don't match."

Another pause, another thought.

"Do you think the Eye is still usable? Because we maybe able to use it to fill in some holes in my expertise."

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"A singularity is a mathematical fiction. It occurs when a gravitational field is infinite, a hyperplane - that's it, a vector space - collapses its multiple dimension into a single primitive point and coordinates cease to be useful. What you're witnessing is an intersection point between different planes", perhaps voluntarily the Guardian shares precious little clues about his reading habits and schooling.
    He circles the clock, pointing toward a single inter-spatial crease "Imagine witnessing two trains crashing headlong at superluminal speed. To a stationary observer - you - the faster the trains go, the smaller they seem to appear, lengths contract. For the passengers of the trains the opposite occurs, lengths increase to the point that the distance between two points A and B become infinite. Time effectively comes to a halt. Both observations are correct, it is the nature of the lie", he extends a hand toward one of the texels, "our natural state is to be on board of one of the two coexisting trains. Right here and now, though, you've taken a step outside to change your frame of reference and you're realizing that both realities exist and are truthful. What I need to really check my hypothesis, though, is to get a hold of Auroras sympathetic links to whoever made this clock and potentially dismissed this cigarette. I'll perform my postcognitions and my divinations, and then you'll step in again by assuming those freshly crafted sympathetic threads of mine. In the unlikely case we succeed, we might get a location"
    Was the Eye usable? That was a hard question. His fist grasps at the air surrounding the Artifact, balling where it was supposed to be. "Who knows, I might reactivate it, but should I?", it wasn't something he was ready to play with, certainly not without an in-depth risk assessment.

12. Likes Xander liked this post

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Innocent)
    Pixel

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Winter's education had begun to make itself known already, at least the Warlock thought so. Some people had a knack for conceptualizing larger ideas and thinking beyond the current situation. The thing is, most people don't pick that up on a street corner pondering whose pocket your next meal is coming from. They learn it in a school. Sure, he didn't know the extent of Winter's education, but compared to Pixel? The Free Councilor knew he wasn't speaking with another pickpocket who got lucky. Pondering the law at concilium, explaining dimensional axis, and now sleeper science? Someone either awakened with an education or spent a lot of time peaking the Athenaeum.

"Okay, trains not a singularity."
    He nodded to the Guardian, his more recent conceptualization making more sense to the college freshman. "You do your Time thing then I do my Space thing."

Total rocket surgeon here. Got all the words Winter had said.... this time.

The Theurgist's final question was answered first with a shrug.

"How bad do you want this to happen? As a Voter getting in over my head is kind of the job description, so whether to reactivate the thing is really up to you."

He's playing it calm, but really? Who wouldn't want to be a time traveler?

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He had his reasons for wanting to reactivate the clock, something that he couldn't share. But not YET, the time - or the Times - weren't right.
    "I'll need to give Aurora a call. Until then, let's see if we learn anything new", he says.And then he begins his preparations.
    The next minute is marked by the singsong of a long forgotten language. The Guardian's mind yearns for the knowledge of the Akashic records, asking for the intercession of the Mastigos own Watchtower. But it's the Aether the final destination.
    "Tell me if you need anything before we start the examination",
    he should have given the Libertine a magic boost, but he was reluctant to impose his own will over a fellow mage without authorization. Common decency, really.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 01:22:38 Winter rolls 9 to Gain Skill Occult Rote [Wits + Science + Mind + HS) (10 Again) 3, 10, 2, 8, 6, 1, 4, 2, 5, 9 3 successes
      5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 01:24:04 Winter rolls 8 to Supernal Vision Imp HS (10 Again) 7, 3, 8, 8, 5, 8, 8, 10, 3 5 successes
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-25 01:24:53 Winter rolls 8 to Analyze Enchanted Item IMP + HS (10 Again) 3, 2, 9, 1, 9, 9, 7, 3 3 successes

Spells: Supernal Vision, Time Sight, Analyze Supernal Item, Gain Skill [+2 Occult]

15. Likes Xander liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

(Gain Skill - Occult)Mana 1 Spent
    OCC
    PRE

Bookkeeping

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Winter weaves his spells, their presence felt as a faint weight and prickling sensation on his crown and around his temples.

The ache behind his eyes could be down to his Supernal Vision as he stares at the radiance of the Ouroboros. Even taking into account the muddying effects of the Fallen World - the solid matter: earth, mortar, brick - the Ouroboros still shines with enough detail for his to draw some conclusions.

The Ouroboros' Pattern is closer to that of a spell, rather than an object - but the complexity and inner workings of this spell is vast. An improvised spell - a lot of the radiance from the object isn't the object itself... its the signature of the one who cast it. Beneath that, and interacting with it, is the aura of the spell-artefact itself.

Thats what Winter gets for 3 successes.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread