Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hmmm he doesn't remember meeting me? Nable thought. No matter. Mable smiled sweetly, "The evening finds me well. Thank you."

"I was wondering how you are finding the domain so far. Is there anything you need to make it more pleasant for you?" Mable always wondered about how others felt here.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Daeva Vice: Wrath
    Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Edward had no idea whether or not Mable was sincere; he didn't know her well enough yet. It didn't matter. His response would be the same either way.

"I could not imagine a complaint, Keeper Wood. My stay has been a delight; everything indicates that I will find this state of affairs enduring. I am in need of nothing." Edward has a small smile, his upright posture undermined by a dipping of the head, but he was frank.

"No doubt this can be left in some considerable part at her Grace's choice in domain officials, few Keepers would be as attentive as you are, Keeper Wood. In all the domains I have travelled, no other Keeper has approached me so."

While a complement, the state also bore a vague challenge, 'Why me? Why now?' but it could just as easily slip away if ignored.

"If it is not too impertinent of me to ask, Keeper Wood, has the domain — in your time here — treated you well?"

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm glad things are going well. Just know I am here if you need anything."

She tilted her head, "I'm surprised no other keepers have checked to see how things are going. Well, I guess in larger domains they wouldn't have time. Plus, being Keeper is about Elysium." She gives a brief shrug.

"Oh, your question is not impertinent. In general things have been great here. Like everywhere there have been ups and downs. But I have been really happy here." Mable answered honestly.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Mable struck Edward as exceptionally direct. But then, that seemed to be a running theme in the domain.
    "Thank you, Keeper Wood, you shall be in mind if a need arises."

Alright, I'll try being direct.
    "It is to my thinking you are owed more credit than that, Keeper Wood, leaving unknowns trailing about in the Elysium seems a poor strategy for keeping the peace of Elysium."

Edward gave a broad smile as Mable spoke to her happiness. It was good to remember things like wellbeing and sanity; although, you'd never hear an Invictus mention it. "That's wonderful to hear, there isn't much more you can ask for. What makes your nights especially happy?"

"Other than service to the domain, of course."
    Edward joked good-naturedly.

Sorry for the delay!

5. Likes Psychangel liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

She gave a nod of thanks to the offer to help when needed.

"Oh" Mable's big brown eyes looked even bigger for a moment as Edward surprised her, "How sweet of you to pay me such a compliment. That is one of the reasons I check on people... to umm...test the waters? Is that the correct saying?" What a charmer he was.

"I love doing so many things. Generally I work a lot. I run a farm and I am part of the Urban Forestry Project. I also have been doing some work with the police. I have been trying to also get a little taste of the local flavor of the city."

"What do you do to fill your nights?"

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

Much better. Edward effortlessly held his positive affectation. This wasn't the kind of courtly interaction he was used to, but that was okay.
    "I think it captures the idea exactly, Keeper Wood."

Edward almost babbled, it came off as an almost direct stream of consciousness: "Work and more work sadly. That's so interesting to hear regarding farming, it has weighed on me how much time I spend withdrawn from the world. My work is done best behind a screen, and it's so easy to think of others as a distraction when your work becomes your world. Farming! It would never have crossed my mind without you. Urban Forestry sounds like a good start, if I'm not imposing on your time, would you tell me about it?"
    He smiled gently, clearly engaged despite his monologue/ramble.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Really? That's interesting to you? as far as the farming, how about if I show you instead. You are more than welcome to come visit the Farm at anytime. I don't mind visitors. I am running it as a completely green farm. And I use the local agricultural college as my workers. They get a farm to train on and I get the work done." Mable was obviously very proud of her work.

"The urban forestry project works at keeping trees in the city. I take care of the tree on the streets and parks as well as in the cemeteries. Also, when the fires are bad I do the checks of the after math. Many tree survive and the ones that don't we replant to help cut down on deterioration of the ground."

"My job gains me access to many areas of the city without any suspicion as to why I am where I am. It frequently works in my advantage when dealing with issues."

"So what do you do for work?"
    Mable was very interested.

Presence
    (Unobstrusive)
    Edward Heinrich

Edward Heinrich Scenes

PRE

"That would be my great pleasure, I'll give you a call sometime to arrange it." He really did need the break from work, and Mable seemed like an easy person to be around.

"That is advantageous! It's so lovely when one's inclinations are matched with utility."

"My work is keeping computers safe. The many clever criminals keep my skills in high demand." He casts a glance at the Prince, "I sense this state of affairs will not soon change."

"The work is satisfying and useful, that finds me content. I would be happy to bore you with the details later, but I fear the night grows late. I should leave you to your duties." Edward takes a step back and giving a short bow to Mable, "A grand night to you, Keeper Wood."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listened with interest. "Please do call anytime."

"I would love to hear more about your work. Security of any kind is very interesting."
    Mable noticed his glance to the Prince, but didn't focus on it at this point.

"I had a wonderful time speaking with you." And she did. He didn't make her feel like an inferior idiot so there was that. "Please have a good night and stay safe." She gave him a nod of respect as he left.

Closed Thread