Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“I couldn’t fix a car if my life depended on it. Change a tire and oil?” a nod, “Yes. Beyond that? Nope. I’d rather leave that to the professionals.” She always thought it was cool that people enjoyed fixing cars. It was just so…messy. “Coding? Like computer coding?” asks the Shaman for clarification.

“A poodle huh? Nasty things those poodles, vicious. Especially if you give them the wrong haircut, you better watch out and sleep with one eye open.” She could play along with that.

“That’s right! How could I forget the first rule?!”
    shaking her head, “But I have to agree with rule three, those ninja pirate robots are nasty. Not a fair fight with them. Sneaky bastards.”

“Sounds like a cool car. I’ll confess, I don’t know much about them. I got my car cause I liked how it looked and the horse power it came with standard.” Only reasons she needed.

Taking a sip of soda, she focuses on Allen, “Well, I assure you, it’s not glamorous or exciting. There is a lot, way too much sometimes, washing and sanding the piece in question. The dresser has taken more work due to the type of stain and paint someone put on it. So it’s been hours of sanding, both by hand and with a power sander. Once I can see the original wood, I have to switch to a different grit sandpaper, to prevent damage. Thankfully, I haven’t had to use a chemical stripper, hate using those.” They stunk! “But then it’s repairing any damage, changing up the hardware, and deciding what finish I want.” A shrug, "See, not very exciting.” But it was in some weird way, relaxing to do.

“The basics are easy to learn. Different grit sandpaper, power sander and the like are cheap enough to get. But I recommend practicing on something you don’t to use after. It can take some time to learn how much pressure and which grit to use to prevent damage.”
    Anyone could do it if they weren’t afraid of work.

“We did say we would exchange more stories! And now we have another person to join in!”
    well, if she wanted to.

2. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Punching an ass that has it coming?" Circe thinks or a moment before answering Allen's questions. And eats more pizza. "Mmmph," then swallows the pizza, "Yes. Ta both. I've had training in pugilism and programming. Very useful skill. I found many a problem that can be dealt with using it." The Fairest didn't specify which skill. She looks to Sonja, "My punches ain't at yer level, but I learned from a boxer or two."

Then it was on to Madison. "Yup computers. Or phone apps too, same code really just different displays. Aaaand I will be setting booby traps fer the poodle," she laughs out, "Not the kind I'd use here and now," chest thrust forward briefly, "I ain't inta that."

"Ooooh story time, hmmm?"
    She tilts her head in thought as she finished the first slice. There was that time her old motley had tricked some mortals into thinking Artemis was a sex god. The mundy buddy vomiting on a cop from a balcony? Car chase in Baja? That one also included puking on cops. "Well I would tell ya about a trip ta Vegas with friends but all I know is that it ended with my hair no longer goin' down ta my hips and everyone of us was dressed like KISS," she shrugs with both hands ups, "Still have no fanculo idea what we did. Though I have plenty of other stories. Making a friend be a sex god, the car race Sonny was in, but how about exotic Baja Mexico," the Fairest nods as she bites into the second slice. And she had to start the story with the best phrase possible.

"So no shit there I was in across the border in Baja,"
    she laughs with a shake of her head, "I can't really tell ya the business details because of an NDA," that was a good corporate term to excuse talking about illegal work. "But it was the after party that was the trouble. Dusk til dawn party of tequila and strippers but it got interrupted. Some coworkers lost their IDs during and one big idiot decided the balcony was an toilet," she paused, "Actually several folks there pissed off it but my buddy puked off it. Oh ho ho ho ho," she inhales then smiles evilly, "Which was when the angry Spanish comes up as the sirens light up below. Yup, he hit a cop," Circe puts down the pizza to laugh, "Hilarious! But bad. Getting busted would have hurt business, maybe lost some sales, so I grab a couple of the boys and use the fire escape. We nab one of their cars and I drive us out of there fast. Buuuut that cops were pissed, so of course pursuit. So," she sings out so, "We played Dukes of Hazards. Well I mean," she frowns, "The ramp didn't get that much air and we did lose a hub cap. Wait," she scratches the side of her head, "No two. But still a couple of stunts."

"And vomit boy I think hit one of the cop cars," she giggles, "With, ya know, exactly what ya'd think. It wasn't quite Bourne levels shit but we did trespass through a construction site. Or demolition? I don't know," she shrugs, "Gate ruined the front of the car. Vomit boy ruined the inside too buuut we didn't get caught because of my driving," and cheating with Glamour here and there too. Dexterous performance seemed to include trying to imitate movie stunts with a car, who knew? "I probably would'a taken less risks if it was my car, and ya know sober, but holy shit was it fun!"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Allen Brackett

He looks to Madison describing her renovating efforts "If I wanted glamour, I'd strive to be a celebrity chef, and if I wanted excitement I'd sign up in the military" He responds to the acrobat with a smirk "It's perfect for me, because I'd be looking for something neither glamorous nor exciting. Talking forms a large portion of my work, I rarely have the opportunity to engage in honest excercise like that. I like it" Running around after rebellious spirits and overly-curious humans doesn't count. It's mundanity he's looking for "The closest I ever got to what you're describing is gluing models and painting miniatures" If only he had more time, more space and more money for materials...

Oh yes, clearly Mary uses a lot of sex jokes. This is not the type of humor Allen normally engages in, but it certainly fits the theme of a casual night, spent with strangers over pizza and alcohol "Pugilism? That's an interesting word, not often used today. I hope it doesn't indicate you've been practicing punches on pugs" Maybe that was how she gained the poodle's ire? A cross-breed dog solidarity?

The Storm Lord listens to Mary's story in its entirety, and it's... wild. Very visceral. When she is done, all he can say is "And here I was thinking people who are into coding don't lead very exciting lives" Granted, the story may have been exaggerated. Maybe it all started as a public disturbance ticket which gradually grew to this tale. Allen has no way of knowing, but the story was entertaining either way.

"My own story of conflict with the law is much less spectacular, but very... instructive. As kids, me and another guy were sent on a dare to steal something from the house of a local upper-class lawyer. Nothing big, valuable or easily reproducible like money, mind you - just a trinket. So using some ingenious tactics we get into the house, but the owner wakes up after we made a noise. By some ridiculous stroke of bad luck a police patrol was passing by, and before long we had to hide from two badges as well. So my friend gets the brilliant idea to hide under the bed because 'it always works in the movies'. I think you know how this ends" Dramatic pause, but probably unnecesary at this point "It didn't work. We were found, and easily"

The story is technically over, so Allen feels entitled to some pizza, but the Elodoth wouldn't be himself if he didn't cram in a moral somewhere "First lesson of the story: don't trust pop culture when your freedom is at stake. Second lesson of the story: check any plan you didn't personally came up with twice" It can be hard in Uratha society, when one often must follow the literal lead of the alpha, but it should be easy enough to do in human society, right?

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"Mmmm," she nodded along as she ate her pizza, finishing it off by stuffing the crust in her mouth, "More stories, yes! Um, who's turn is it?"

Sonnie tilted her head to one side, an expression of curiosity, as she looked at Circe, "How would you know? You've never seen me punch anyone. I don't even remember the last time I actually did that... so maybe you did see me do it and I just forgot." Wait, car race? She was drawing a blank. "Oh, I guess Mary's going next."

She listened in wide-eyed wonder to the Fairest's story, full of the sorts of shenanigans you'd only see in an action-comedy movie. If it were anyone else, if the story came from a mortal, she wouldn't believe it. This, however, was Circe, Queen of the Summer Court, and Sonnie could totally buy her getting into such a crazy situation.

Then came Allen's story, and she could only smirk, "So, how long were you in the clink for?"
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She follows the convo about punching, enjoying her pizza as she listened.

“Never ask me to throw a punch, I’ll embarrass myself horribly!” she confesses. “Though I could carry around one of my swords.” A thoughtful look, “Probably get stopped by a cop or something.” Ok, sword was a bad idea. But the thought amused her still, and she giggled to herself.

“Let me know what traps work best on poodles. In case he has friends and I run into some. Always best to be prepared.” True enough.

“Remember, what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.”
    She had some stories from there that would never be shared.

Blue eyes widen, “He hit a cop?!” laughing, “That never ends good.” Her head shakes in amazement as she listened, “Wow! What a night.” Not one she would have enjoyed, but it was fun to listen to.

“Then I think you should give it a try.”
    She replies to Allen, “And it’s defiantly an exercise, really tones the arms.” A bare arm was held up, fairly well-toned. “I recommend finding pieces to practice on either on the side of the road, or a second hand store, most sell stuff pretty cheap.” It was the power tools that would be the investment. “Painting miniatures? Like those ones that you see in comic book stores? Cause some of those look amazing! Such detail!” yeah, she’d been in a few comic book stores.

“Oh no! Under the bed?!”
    she starts laughing. “Damn.” Shaking her head and still laughing. Hearing it made her glad she was a mage and could turn into a bird or bug.

Nodding at Sonnies question, “Yes, curious minds need to know the answer to that.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gasps as she turns to Allen, "I would never punch a pug. It'd be murder on the bac, uh, I mean they are too cute," laughter follows. Circe eats more of her pizza and just gives Allen a shrug as if to ask what did he expect coding life to be like. Fortunately for Circe she is done swallowing before the bed hiding plan came up. That got more laughter out of her. And what movies had Allen watched as a kid? If hiding under the bed worked in movies nobody would know Liam Neeson.

Though she does nod in agreement, "Lesson 2 very important indeed."

As for Sonja's questioning the Fairest's knowledge of the Beast's pugilism, "Nope, it is 'cause aren't ya like a proper marital artist? I just know that when ya punch ya don't throw yer shoulder too much."

And Madison was into swords? "Depends Maddy. If yer dressed like Joan of Arc, they might think yer from a set. Or crazy and taze ya so," she shakes her head admitting it was a bad idea. "And yes he did. Not quite a bullseye, was it the shoulder? But yeah they were pissed, oh ho ho ho." Then looks to Allen, "Metal working strains the metacarpals and wrists a lot in my experience. Tried forging too and wow does that work everything. But seriously Allen, under the bed? All the ladies wants ta know how ya did time, this one wants ta know if ya got yer friend back fer his stupidity."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Allen Brackett

He considers a smug remark about how 'cute' pugs actually are, but then remembered one among them had a canine that wasn't exactly going to win any Dog Shows, either, so Allen holds his tongue with some food. There's no point in risking the souring of relations.

"Fun fact" He replies to no one in particular "Swords are legal to carry around in California as long as they are in plain view and sheathed" Probably just in case someone feels like playing Tom Cruise from 'The Last Samurai'.

The Storm Lord nods to Madison "Yes, like those, but I'm mostly into historical models and miniatures. There are even conventions for people like me to attend. And if anyone'd consider it 'childish' they're welcome to do so, as long as they do me a favor and hold the excess paintbrushes while I work" You'd think there'd be only one tool to paint everything that size, but apparently that's not the case.

"Curious minds will be disappointed to know that it wasn't very long. A friendly attorney helped change the charge to 'unlawful entry', and our thorough understanding of prisoner's dilemma made sure we spent as little time behind bars as humanely possible" He was still proud of that achievement. Granted, circumstances were favorable, but still "And no, I did nothing to my friend. Why would I? If I'd beaten him, or taken something of his, that'd square things between us. This might sound pretty heartless of me, but I preferred to hang this guilt over his head to collect a favor later. Immediate revenge is so terribly gauche" He's found an unexpected affirmation of that philosophy in the teachings of Winter Wolf. Prudence is the queen of all virtues.

Finally, his eyes rest on Sonja "I believe it's your turn to share a story?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes
      Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

After a drink of her soda, she looked at Circe and shrugged, "Well, yeah. I'm no Jackie Chan, but I do okay." She grinned, "Also, don't put your thumb inside your fist."

Sonnie lamented her current lack of pizza, looking at the pile of greasy napkins before her. "Hm, my turn, huh? Well, I haven't gotten into any police chases. I was in Vegas one time, though I spent most of it raiding buffets and playing video blackjack. Nothing exciting there, I'm afraid."

She stood and went to the counter, where the Beast ordered her third slice of pizza, this one a veggie. Perhaps to balance out the meat lovers? Once she had secured her new slice, she returned to the table and sat down. "I dunno. Not much comes to mind... except maybe that time I hitchhiked across Arizona, and out on a desert road this trucker gave me a lift in his big semi. He seemed like a nice old man. He told me all about his wife whom he loved very much and he was heading home to see her after being gone for so very, very long."

She ate some of her veggie pizza and chewed thoughtfully. "He dropped me off just outside Phoenix. After I got out, I turned around to thank him for the ride... but the truck was gone!"

Another shrug, "Not very interesting, I know."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“She is right, too adorable! Plus, don’t you remember Frank from Men in Black? They are very stylish as well.” You can’t hurt that.

“Well, Joan of Arc isn’t my typical go to for a costume. But I could see the appeal of it with a sword.” It could be a whole look.

Then a questioning look to Allen, “Do I even want to ask how you know that?” she jokes. “And I have sheathes, and pretty sure they’d be hard to hide.” They were pretty big.

“That’s pretty neat actually. Is there like, something specific in history that you paint models of?” education wasn’t her strong suit, but she’d been working on it over the years. “Childish?” a laugh, “I’m sure there are some people who think that way, but the ones I’ve seen, that takes some top-notch patience. Nothing childish about that in my opinion. So you just keep doing what you like, fuck everyone else.” It was how she got through life.

“I’ve always figured revenge was always a dish best served cold.” Give them time to think they were in the clear.

She blinked a few times, “Wait, is this a ghost story?” cause the Shaman believed in ghosts, she’s even talked with some spirits. “No, it’s interesting! I’ve just never heard of a full truck disappearing like that. We’ve all heard the stories about the ghost hitchhikers that people have picked up. But your story is on a whole new level.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Probably helped extras go out to get coffee on breaks. Why undress when it wasn't illegal? And Circe was aware of the various convention scenes from way back when. Before the worst nightmare, and damn had she been a stupid mafia princess.

The Summer Fairest sighed in disappointment, "Well guess it is good ta have friends in high places, though practical revenge makes fer a boring story." Then looks to Sonja, as despite knowing her tail she'd no idea what tale would be told. The fist advice gets a serious nod from Circe, who resumes eating her white pizza. She stops to add her own joke to Madison's view of revenge. "It is also very sweet. So revenge is ice cream."

She finishes her slice. "Well a sword would let ya put Paul Hogan's knife skit ta shame. Another fun fact on what's legal. From prop resale I learned ya can own a flamethrower in most states without license but in California? Hell no unless. Government agency or big movie studio is the limit," she laughs at the exceptions. "Probably why all the little studios stick ta terrible CGI fire."

And a ghost story now? Or had it been a fae caravan doing the disappearing act? A mean part of her mind decided that Sonja could have seen something shiny, wandered off, then remembered to thank the trucker 30 minutes later. The Larcenist chides herself as Sonja had a better head on her shoulders then did the star girl. "So was he haulin' merchandise fer some boo-tiques? Did he have his sheet belt buckled?" she looks around the table sipping her water, "I can get worse, believe me."

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.