Ended
Watch

Tales from the Pizza Parlor

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    A
    Allen Brackett

Allen turns to Sonja "So if I get it right, you still choose to... involve yourself, even though it's more than likely something unexpected, and possibly bad will happen?" He asks "You let nothing stop you, do you?" It's certainly not Allen's typical behavior. Still, there is something to be admired about such lust for life.

Using something of a break in his need to respond, the Elodoth buys some more pizza for himself.

He looks actually, genuinely surprised at Madison's answer regarding her new occupation "That is... not the answer I expected. It doesn't mean it's bad in any sense, quite the opposite really - I'm glad there are still people out there who find value in old things, rather than replace them with new ones at their earliest possible convenience" He himself sometimes felt as something of a relic.

The Storm Lord's eyes follow the exotic-looking woman with incredulity. She looks as if just returning from a brawl with a bear, or a date with a sledgehammer, but seems to handle it fine. Still, Allen is worried about what kind of undue attention this might attract.

"Uh, miss?" He addresses the dark-haired one with concern "Are you alright?"

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie looked at Madison was a curious expression, "I could swear someone once suggested pineapple on burgers to me. I just can't remember who or when." She shook her head as if to clear it, then smiled, "Anyway, that sounds totally delicious! I got to remember that!"

Her attention shifted towards Allen, and she nodded at him, "Sounds about right. Bad things make for the best stories." A shrug. "I try not to let anything slow me down, that's true."

The arrival of Circe caught her by surprise, but not an unwelcome one. Grinning, she waved at her fellow Lost as the Fairest approached the table. "Hey, you! Yes, I do believe I am! Stopping in to carbo load?" The Beast paused and realized she should be doing something. What was it? Oh! That's right, introductions. "This is Allen and Madison. I met them tonight at a club. Now we're having pizza and swapping stories."
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Exotic woman seemed to know Sonja. But her appearance left a lot to be desired. Not that the Shaman was one to judge, but who just randomly eats pizza with torn clothes and bruised knuckles.

Blue eyes look to Sonja, then back to the girl, sipping her soda.

As Allen mentions her new job, she had to laugh, “Yeah, it was certainly a 360 from performing. But I like the pace and it’s actually really relaxing. Plus it’s more fulfilling.” And she can only swallow swords for so long before it gets boring for her. “Some things that people throw out blow my mind! Some sandpaper, paint and new hardware and it’s like new life has been breathed into things. I do hope to get good enough to maybe sell some pieces someday.” A shrug, it was a goal.

When he mentions the woman’s state, it was a little hard not to look at her. Really look at her, see how bad she was hurt. But the Shaman knew she couldn’t. This girl was a Sleeper, and it’d be casting magic in front of more Sleepers. Bad move.

Back to Sonja, “No, not on them. But in them. You cut the pineapple up, then form the burger around it, and then grill it! I make these amazing yummy sliders doing that. Throw in some home-brewed beer and you have the perfect meal.” A nod. Oh yeah.

As she was introduced, she offers a wave and a smile, “Hi!”

5. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Despite how rough up Circe looks, or maybe even because of it, she is in a great mood. Clearly a few bruises are not ending her night.

"Oh ho ho ho ho, such a gentlemen ta show concern. I'm doin' fine fer a, hmm, active night," she spread her arms wide with a massive smile that quickly drops, "Though as fun as it was, it was absolute murder. On the suits," she sighs partially at the loss of a nice suit. But also at all the Glamour gained and lost over the night.

Then looks at Sonja Wu, "Ah I see ya been busy tonight too girl. Yes I am, don't want a hangover fer tomorrow's shift. And I'm clearly done with partying tonight," Circe holds up the torn suit jacket, "So no need party names. I'm Mary, and not," she points at the two mundies with finger guns, "Just the mood."

Circe spins a chair around to sit in it in reverse, letting her suit jacket hang over the back rest. A bit of metal, the tip of an old car antenna, seems to be caught in the deepest tear of the jacket, "Did I hear ya are a fellow handy woman miss Madison? Events of tonight aside, I am handy woman." She then looks to Sonja, "Metaphorical craftsmanship not bedroom stuff."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Allen Brackett

Allen listens to Madison describing her new job with interest. Out of politeness, he neglects to mention that technically 'a 360' would indicate her full return to being a performer. They are not in class, after all "Yes, I gather that people can throw away all manner of treasures. So wasteful. Did you have any interesting finds or projects, lately?" Human ingenuity never ceased to amaze, and this woman was an artist to boot.

His eyes narrow slightly at the bruised woman. 'Active night', yeah right.

"I'm sorry to dwell on this, Mary, but unless you really pissed off your neighbor's rottweiler, then something criminal is more than likely to have happened. I just want to make sure there is no... pursuit of any kind going on, and that neither cops nor robbers will crash the party"Despite his concern, the Elodoth smiles. They are in a public location, which would stop the bullets from flying for long enough to talk the assailants down. Hopefully "In any case, it seems you know each other?" His eyes glance at Sonja, then return to Mary.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Sonnie hadn't questioned why Circe was bruised and wearing a ripped outfit. She was the Summer Queen, after all. That seemed perfectly normal to the Beast's eyes. It simply hadn't occurred to her that the pair of mortals would find the Fairest's appearance odd. When they did, Sonnie decided not to get into it. 'Mary' could cover for herself. No, instead, she just ate more pizza.

"Diced up pineapple in the burger? That... is genius!" She nodded positively at Madison, making a mental note to try such a dish in the near future. That truly sounded delicious.

Smirking at Circe, she looked at her companions for the evening, "In case you couldn't tell, Mary enjoys puns and sex jokes." They could tell, Sonnie, they could tell.

"Mary and I have run into each other a few times. She's got a cool car!" The Spring Courtier nodded, then went and bought another slice of pizza, because her first was gone and that just would not stand. This time, it was meat lovers. Sausage, bacon, pepperoni. Mmmmm!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Active night? Of what?

“I would say suits are easy to repair, but not sure in your case.”
    Yeah, she could sew. Not something she advertised a whole lot. But sometimes it was a good way to get a convo going.

“Depends on what you consider handy.” She replies to Mary, “I just refurbish old furniture, nothing fancy.” Picking off another pineapple, “And nothing wrong with that for bedroom stuff.” She replies lightly with a shrug. Popping the pineapple into her mouth.

“Oh they do! Especially things that are so easy to fix! A broken door or hinge only takes a bit to fix, such a waste to just throw out. Though I do find a lot in garage sales and second hand stores too.” Then a slight tilt of her head, “Interesting finds? Hmmm…” a finger taps her lips, “I did find this gorgeous dresser, a few broken drawers, but was walnut wood. Solid piece. Still working on it actually, trying to get the god-awful paint someone put on it off the original wood. But it’s coming along nicely.” She was going to be proud of that one.

“Criminal?”
    she looks at Mary, then back to Allen, “Maybe someone tried to rob her.” A shrug. “Or there is a secret fight club somewhere!” which would be fun to watch. Not participate in.

Nodding happily, “Oh yah! It’s amazing! You need to try it!” she gushed.

“Well, both are great in my book! Keep ‘em coming!”
    encourages the Shaman. “Life’s too short to not enjoy puns and sex jokes.”

At the mention of a cool car, “Oh? What kind of car?”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh ho ho ho ho, Madison yer a girl after my own hands. I prefer mechanical stuff myself. Rare rides need rare parts," and if a little Glamour let her cheat for a little extra cash that was great. "That and coding, I'm diverse in my skill sets."

Allen has a Lost's paranoia. Given how the night had gone it does make Circe laugh, "It was a poodle, I said not ta give it Red Bull, and he liked me. And nah nothing, hmm." Circe rubs her chin in thought and mumbles to herself. "Well technically, wait," head tilted in thought then quickly shaken in negative, "Nope. The patch was ta get it onta the tow truck, not driven, so was legal. Pursuit of the hyper poodle is done and while I think there are plenty of reasons fer folks ta want ta find my literal ass," she gives Allen a wink, "None fer what ya fear buddy." The Fairest was certain a few of the mortals could have been pissed with her but they were very much blackout drunk.

She then laughs at the woman's concern, "If somebody tried ta rob me I'd not have taken this much damage before kicking their ass," then gives Aurora a faux serious look, "First rule is we don't talk about it. Second rule is to set one up. Third rule is no ninja pirate robots allowed."

Circe's pizza slices arrived. A white one with chicken and broccoli to go along with the meat lovers and the bottle of water. Was the staff trolling her? Props to them if so. "That I do Sonny girl, that I do. I also have a less cool car, but I really do prefer the '76 Dodge Charger. Restoration of some parts was a bitch and a half, which ya know makes it fun! Installation I needed help with because I don't own a car lift. But I do know a cute mechanic that does," she giggles at the mention of the mundane grease monkey. Circe takes a bite of the meat lovers and washes it down with some water. She'd need this to not have a hangover.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Allen Brackett

"What does it entail, actually? How does one go about refurbishing furniture, such as the dresser you mentioned? Are there any skills, tools or specific procedures needed? I am wondering if it's easy to learn, at least as far as the basics go" Allen had no experience with crafts of any kind, and frankly didn't envision himself ever needing that knowledge, but his goal here is twofold: first, you never know what expertise will come in handy, and second - it was important to keep people talking about things they enjoyed, it keeps things smooth and pleasant.

Mary did sound confident nothing will come out of her nocturnal adventure, although Allen had no way of telling if the silly hyper poodle jokes and sexual innuendos are there to underline how insignificant this event was, or if they were meant to mask concern and worry. For the moment, however, everything looks under control "I will take your word that everything is a-okay, then. And you sound certain about your ability to... beat people's asses, as it were. Now, Sonja has already admitted her experience with martial arts. Is it something you have in common?" He asks, curious? Maybe they know one another from classes? "And coding? I bet it's a very useful skill, what with how prevalent computers are these days" Another thing he had no facility with. Give him a paper archive any day, though...

The Storm Lord takes a moment before resuming speech, and that time is productively used on eating "Now, as Sonja said, we retired here to trade stories that are best exchanged while slightly inebriated. I believe mentions were made of embarassing ones, or those that include running away from police. Perhaps you'd like to participate?" That last question was again directed at the exotically beautiful woman.

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

Mien:

Mundane Equipment:

Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

With a mouthful of pizza, Sonja merely listened to the other talk for a short while, pausing to slurp from her soda cup. She enjoyed straws.

When she finally was able to speak clearly once more, she did so. "I don't really know anything about cars, but I know cool ones when I see them! And, oh! Are you talking about Emily? I haven't seen her since last year. Halloween, I think. Or was it that girl's night out? I can't remember which happened last." She pondered the timeline of her social life for a few minutes.

She shrugged at Allen, "I actually have no idea what Mary knows in terms of hand-to-hand combat." She knew Circe preferred firepower, but that might not be something the Italian woman wanted to be public knowledge, and Sonnie was aware enough not to go blabbing it.

Meanwhile, she took out her phone and made a note about trying pineapple burgers. This was important research!

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 22

You do not have permission to view the list of names.