Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe looks at Sonja then shakes her head, "No a Caterpup. Hedge dude was sellin' 'em from this, eh, nevermind, close enough Sonja."

And Circe briefly allows Fugly to go off to Seraphina so she can go back to retrieve a warm hamburger patty that she can feed to the hound. And another bag of cotton candy, "Don't pout Sera, I know yer coffee is awesome but save pouting fer yer boy," and tosses the cotton candy bag at Seraphina. Then it is back to Fugly! The fearsome Summer Queen deigned to speak with the hound as she fed it the circle of brown meat, "Here ya go Fugly, whose belly is gonna be wugly with the moo moo meat!" Very regal.

Circe paused in play to tilt her head in thought at Seraphina's fashion advise. "Ya know Sera? Yer make a great point fer taking clothes off." Then grins as she waggles her eyebrows and ears, "And sorry ta interrupt the two of ya. Hope ya got back ta the fun fast."

Oh and there was still that new guy. Circe looks up at John, "Well with the mantles yer gonna get a lot of warmth from us John. Call me Circe," then frowns at his request. Circe sighs now that Fugly ate the patty and pushes him towards Seraphina, "Eh not formal, I ain't dressed fer formal," Circe stands and somewhat follows Seraphina's fashion advice. She shrugs off the shoulders and ties the sleeves at her waist, revealing a Team Fortess 2 t-shirt beneath. The elfin Fairest leans against the food stand, "I am yer host and been tour guide before. So," she spread her arms wide and lets her Mantle blow her hair around her, "Ask me yer questions dude! Fer my ass is wise."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

Like everyone else, she found Seraphina striking a pose difficult to ignore. Fairest just had that quality about them. They walk into a room and all the heads turn.

"Burn the food?" Sonnie's expression towards Sera turned from wonder to one of righteous indignation. "Such a travesty will never stand! Food should never be wasted!" Fugly, released from Circe's attentions, focused solely on getting love from the Nix. He jumped and whined for her attention. This would probably last until that burger patty was ready.

She raised her eyebrows at the suggestion of a home cotton candy machine. "Why must you torture my poor stomach, my Queen? Have I disappointed you? Away temptation!" The Steepscrambler made a dramatic gesture, like a character in a romance novel. Then she resumed eating cotton candy.

Her head tilted in curiosity at the Darkling, and for a moment she didn't seem to get what he was referring towards with his nod. After a moment, she remembered the tee shirt she wore, and laughed. "Oh, ha! Yeah, I got a lot of monkey-themed clothes. And yes, this is the fabulous Fugly," she jerked a thumb towards her dog, a weird-looking mongrel. There was nothing of the fae about him. He was just a mundane, if ugly-as-sin, mutt.

"If it's a rundown of Sacramento you need, we can all pitch in. I can tell you about the best food trucks in town!" she smiled at James, "So, you're Winter Court?"

A nod was given to Bart as he passed by her, understanding her fellow Beast's desire to get at the food while it was still hot. Something she, herself, would already be doing if this stranger hadn't arrived. Her role as Claviger kept her situated between John and Sera for the time being.

Once the Summer Fairest set down the promised burger patty, Fugly was off like a shot and pouncing on the yummy meal!
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Shaking her head, “No, not formal. Just a little something our fine, fine friend Miss Circe threw together.” A nod toward the elf.

Beaming, “My coffee shop, Garden Grounds. Everyone of the Freehold is always welcome for free coffee. Or tea if coffee isn’t your thing, or whatever else might suit you on the menu. With the weather warming up, the patio will be open soon too.” She was excited about that.

“How’ve you been?” she asks Bugul, “Been settling in ok?” always good to make sure everyone was doing ok.

Catching the bag, “It doesn’t work on him. So I have to try it on others to see where it’ll work best.” She jokes with a wink. But it was true, pouting got her no where with Rhodes. Opening the bag, she pulls out a piece. Wait, was Circe talking baby talk to Fugly?!

Shrugging, “What can I say? It usually makes everyone happy.” Not that she thought the Summer needed the encouragement. “And you didn’t interrupt anything.” A shake of her head, “Just thought it was pointless to send two replies. But we can always make time for you.” She assures the other Fairest.

A solemn nod, “It would be a true travesty.” She agreed before reaching down and giving Fugly her attention.

Laughing at the Beast, “I was simply letting you know that there are ones you can get for your house. Then you can have cotton candy whenever you want! Or swing by the coffee shop and I can hook you up.” A wink.

“Fugly is the best boy who will fearlessly defend fair maidens around him from scarecrows and scary clowns. He’s quite valiant.” Looks be damned, he was a good dog.

“It’ll be nice to have a Winter around again.” Sapphires looking to him, “Where are you from?” was he local, or did he travel?

Looking from Sonnie to the food and back, she leans over, “You should get something to eat.” She encouraged with a smile. Things were ok.

And then Fugle left her, and there was a pout, which was quickly replaced by another smile.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

There was a treasure trove of information being offered here, part of the problem was there wasn’t a lot of context attached to it. Just facts to be filed away and attach meaning to later. His eyes darting from speaker to speaker, taking in the useful bits and filtering out the noise as best he could.

“I get a lot of warmth from most, it’s all right I’m used to it. Questions? About the area I don’t even know where to start except for the basics. First one I have is a bit personal, what accent is that? I can’t help but notice it and can’t place it.”

He tilted his head but held his hands up in a disarming gesture, not knowing if he was hitting any sore points and not wanting to set off any landmines this early into meeting new people. Those came later, in the end they all had to confront what had been done to them after all. Had to manage with what had been taken, have to pick up the pieces of their shattered lives.

Seeing B eat and then the dog get food he’d determined it was, in fact, not poisoned and was safe to eat. He went about making himself a cheeseburger with all the fix-ins, he pointed down to the rest of the food as he looked over the other guests.

“Anyone want any while I’m back here? Not a problem at all.”

He listened as Sonnie spoke, not moving from his spot but eating his burger while he listened. Nodding as he took a second to swallow before he could respond.

“A rundown would be great. Who’s who, who to avoid, who to talk to, good contacts, areas of interest, current threats..”

She pointed out he was winter and he nodded giving her an awkward wink.

“Did my award winning personality give it away? No? Yes, you would be correct. I’m doing what due diligence I can, making my introduction and then trying to give myself a mental map of the area so I can best do my job for all our sake's.”

His face was more placid when Sera spoke, the title of Queen didn’t escape his notice. His posture and demeanor changed as he spoke to her offering her deference as befit her station even if it was unasked for or unwanted. Habits were hard to break.

“Well, if you’re open late you’ll be seeing a lot of me I’m sure. To be fair I’m not much of a morning person.”

The why went unstated, most knew.

“Again? Did something happen? I was wondering who I needed to report to after all. I’ve just traveled from Seattle, portents, omens, and visions sent me this way. Fate is a fickle thing and I try to go where my services are needed.”

He looked to Bugul and took a bite of his burger, he was interesting to John but he couldn’t put a finger on why at the moment. Was it because he seemed like an outsider, because he too was quiet amongst the commotion? Or was it that he was looking at John with wary eyes judging him like a predator. John smiled at that, those were instincts to be proud of, to hone.

He looked to Bugul, then Sonnie and noticed they had taken up positions near the Queen. You can’t castle the Queen in chess but it’s the most apt analogy he could think of. He returned Bugul’s gaze for a long second as he chewed before swallowing.

“Are you new here as well? Is there anything I should know?”

Goes by the name: John

5. Likes Origins liked this post

Public: Bartholomew Bishop
    Hob Kin
    Resources
    New Identity
    Bugul

Mien
    Bugul's face is goat-like, as are his ears and short horns reminiscent of the same beast adorn his head. He is covered in rough fur, gray in color. His facial hair is more apparent, with his mustache growing think beneath his goat-like nose and the stubble on his chin growing longer like a billy goat beard. Woody vines grow from his scalp and forearms evidencing that this being is no mere Beast, but something else as well. He looks upon the world with clear blue, goatlike eyes and walks on the earth with cloven hooves.

PRE

Bugul listened to Circe, regarding her shirt, a slight quizzical look as he sifted through fragments in his mind. What was familiar about it?

A moment later, the Goatman shrugs it off. It was a piece from a life that no longer belonged to him. It was best to leave it in the fog, for he had a new purpose.

Returning to his burger, Bugul idly eats as Sonnie speaks, only pausing when Sera speaks to him directly. His gaze levels to hers, with one cheek full of food. A few more chews and he swallows it down.

"I endure," he says, "That is enough. The Thousand provide."

Bugul's life was a simple one. Lately it had neither been good or bad. Then John began to ask questions. Many of them. Though the Goatman did not offer any answers, only watching in silence until John met his stare and asked him about his own time in Sacramento.

"Yes. I came only in the Winter Solstice, when none among the Silent Arrow came to claim the Crown for the season,"
    he said, "Though I know not why they have gone. Or what has come of them."

"You ask much, but bear only your Mantle as a sign of goodwill,"
    Bugul said. However, something told him he needed to explain his wariness. "When I came, I became oathbound. I can bring no harm to these people, lest my fate be twisted by the Wyrd."

A pause held as Bugul considered his words, slowly formulating the remainders of his thought.

"I am curious, John," Bugul spoke, "What would stop you?"

The Goatman's tone was gentle and almost aloof as he relayed his words. He was not combative, but sharing his assets with this newcomer seemed a bit too trusting. Giving hospitality was one thing, granting knowledge was another.

7. Likes Shane liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Verily mighty monkey, unless ya want the crust burnt or something intentionally that is," Circe just quips to Sonja to add to the cooking joke. And then laughs as the lil monkey goes all dramatic. She does tilt her head at the mention of John's court. Winter? That'd be good. Sonja also gets a smile and approving nod from Circe at her offer of aid in tourist guidance. "Hell yes, Winters comin' back would be great."

And when Seraphina says the name Common Grounds this causes Circe to suddenly shout, "Best coffee in town!"

As for pouting not working upon Rhodes? That causes a surprised look to cross Circe's face. Then the expression changes as she gives a nod and shrug to non-verbally say that is fair to Seraphina. "Well just glad I didn't interrupt fun time. I hate it when mine gets interrupted."

Circe then focuses upon Mr Campbell. She lets out a faux shocked gasp. Her Italian accent is the issue, "Oh my, ta think my voice it what attracts yer interest the most," well shock with a hint of flirting. "Sicilian with a few American influences, and yer own accent? I'll have a cheeseburger with tomato and A1 sauce. Its on the right wait," Circe looks over her shoulder eyes narrowed at John, "Yer left."

Who is who? What is where? "Well that is a lot of knowledge. Collectively there probably ain't anything we don't know." She smiles at him, "Though mundy contacts we know depends on yer interests. No point tryin' ta direct ya ta a car dealer if ya can't drive right?" Then her shoulders slump as she looks to Seraphina, "That was a horrible analogy fer it wasn't it? Sera? Ya get a free dope slap on me fer that fail. Anyway John," she looks back to him, "Summer is subtle in dealing with threats and has some illicit contacts. If ya need ID I know a woman who employs, uh, knows folks that can help with that. Or if ya want ta commission shit made from the Hedge I'm learnin' that," Circe puffs up her chest in pride, "The others here have their own contacts but it'd be rude fer me ta just say what they have and I like 'em too much ta be that much of a bitch," she laughs, "Despite being a total one, oh ho ho ho ho! What else did ya want ta know?"

A pause in her lecture as Bugul asks his own questions. Circe scoffs, "The entire Summer Court watching this is one deterrent Bugul. Though swearing in is important," she winces as she looks to Seraphina, "Please remind me ta meet with Rhodes soon since my own is expiring. Or can ya do me Seraphina?"

Then it is back to John as she talks about places, "Public Trods are a thing ya can know until yer a member. Capital Park has what might be the oldest, and we can give ya plenty of insight on the mundy sights like Nox but I ain't to sure about the Courtly digs. Again," she waves a hand at the others, "I not enough of a bitch ta rat out others stuff. High Striker is ta become Summers bastion Thorn Side. Eventually. " The Summer Queen doesn't hide her disappointed tone at this.

As for his questions of whom to report to for Winter? Circe had one reaction to that, "Oh ho ho ho ho! Bugul answered that quick. Personally John? I'd have said if ya swear in ya'd join me in the ranks of default sovereigns. We could get badges!" The Larcenist leans forward towards him with a massive smile on her face.

She was less thrilled about the signs and portents thing. Yeah it was real and all but that didn't mean she liked it. So she thought on something. Like how the Hedge often reflects the Iron Side. "Wait, isn't Seattle like the coffee capital of the planet? Did they have Goblin Fruit coffee there?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Sonja "Sonnie" Wu
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Presence
    (Mischievous)
    Dexterity
    (Nimble)
    New Identity
    (Sonja Wu)
    Mantle
    (Spring)
    Mask:

An alluring young beauty, Sonnie Wu is 5'2" and lean-bodied, with a light, nimble step and eyes that seem to say "Hey, you know what would be fun?" Her reddish-brown hair often seems slightly unkempt, and an amused smile regularly plays on her lips. Sonnie is usually dressed casually or for outdoor activity. She almost always wears a pair of red leather tabi boots.
    Mien:

To the eyes of Fae, Sonnie's feet are like those of a monkey: Toes as long as fingers, with one on each foot being opposable like a thumb. A long monkey tail protrudes from the base of Sonnie's spine, covered in hair the same shade as her head. It appears to be prehensile, and often moves to react to her mood and dances about when she speaks, like people who "talk with their hands." Finally, her brown eyes turn golden.
    Mundane Equipment:

Smart phone, messenger bag, quarterstaff, 2 throwing knifes (concealed), 3 goblin fruit (changes by season), mountain bike.
    Hedgespun

Cloud-Stepping Shoes
    Hedgespun ● +2 Speed

Riyu Jingu Bang (Staff)
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Damage

Coin of the Lucky Monkey
    Hedgespun ●● +2 Defense
    Sonnie Wu Scenes

Dreaming, Cloak of the Elements

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    ••••
    Steepscrambler

"I'm not sure I'd have room for it. My place is kind of small," Sonnie pondered the idea of adding a cotton candy maker to her apartment. "Maybe if I got rid of the bed..." She shrugged. Oh, well. Interior decorating could wait for another day. This day was for food and friends.

Her eyes drifted back to the new Darkling, whom she was friendly enough towards, but still showed signs of caution. "Nothing really happened. Just the Winters we knew seem to be gone. We had a coronation party and none of them showed up." An uncharacteristic frown flashed across her usually cheerful face. "The weird part is we still don't know who threw that party." Who had decorated the Mirror Maze house? Who set out all the food? These mysteries still abounded, and they still bothered her.

She looked between Bugul and James as oaths were discussed, "It's usually Rhodes who does the pledge thing. He's our Autumn King. Maybe he'll show up later?"

The simian Beast looked towards Circe, her head tilted in curious thought, "It's so weird that this dude could just walk in and be a monarch by default. Might be too late to make a difference this winter, though."

Seraphina's suggestion that Sonnie go get some real food made the Claviger thoughtful. She glanced back and forth between the Spring Queen and the fresh, hot burgers. Her stomach growled, and she anxiously bit her bottom lip. Then, suddenly, a solution came to mind. "Fugly! Come here, boy!"

The mongrel looked up from licking the paper plate that had previous held the patty Circe gave him. He gave a curious whine before racing over to his owner. Sonnie smiled and knelt down to scratch his ears. "Okay, listen up, Poochasaurus Rex! Bow wow wow! Ruff ruff! Awoo! Ruff!" Yes, the Steepscrambler made dog noises as she spoke to her pet. Her own tail even wagged back and forth like a dog's. She had no shame in such odd behavior.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2020-02-12 10:04:02 Sonnie Wu rolls 4 to Fang & Talon 1 (Canines) (10 Again) 8, 7, 9, 2 2 successes

The fae magic on her contract took hold and her ability to communicate with the mutt flourished. Fugly seemed to talk right back to Sonnie, "Yip yip! Awooooo! Yip yap yap! Woof!" He then happily took up guarding Seraphina in the Beast's place.

Though, his idea of protecting the Emerald Queen was to run in endless circles around her. Security perimeter!

With a satisfied grin, Sonnie went to make herself a burger or two.
    Spring Mantle (Scent of Flowers and Fruit)

10. Likes , Origins, Shane, Orianna liked this post
    Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Nix couldn’t help it, she had to laugh, light and musical, at the question. But doesn’t say anything, that was for Circe to answer.

“Well, anyone here is a good contact, as is Rhodes. At some point, I can answer questions about the history of the area.” She was the longest resident now, with Sasha gone.

Waving a hand, “Not many are morning people.” But for some Lost, it was more about who they were now. And some just preferred to sleep in. “And we’re open pretty late. The hours will extend more as the weather warms. But stop by anytime.” The invitation warm.

Bugul was a tough one. But that didn’t deter the Spring, “Well, if you need any help with anything, let me know.” And who were the thousands?

And yet, he spoke the truth. There was nothing binding John to be friendly and not bring harm.

The sudden shout surprised her, and she looks to the Summer, “I don’t think I’d go that far.” Amusement in her voice.

“Well, it wasn’t your best, but I have no desire to slap you.”
    She says to Circe. “I’m sure you’ll make up for it with a better one.” it was kind of her thing.

“I’d recommend speaking with Rhodes, as he’s stepped up to rule for the Season. I don’t want to overstep.” It wasn’t her Season. And while she could come up with a Pledge, it was sort of Rhodes thing.

“I know I’m not comfortable discussing what Spring has until a Pledge has been sworn.” Looking to John, “Nothing against you, you seem like a nice enough guy. But I have to look out for Spring, and that means not sharing much right now.” Once there was a Pledge, she’d be a bit more comfortable.

Snorting before laughing, “Sonnie, you need the bed. And it’s actually not that big. Come by the coffee shop and I’ll show you the one I have. Then you can be my guinea monkey for the new coffee.” She winks.

There was confusion on her face as she watched Sonnie…talk?...to Fugly? She did mention she could talk to him, but here? What was she doing?

Sapphires try to keep up with the dog running in circle around her. Mouth open slightly, “Sonnie, what did you do?” were dogs supposed to do that?
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

12. Likes , Origins liked this post

John Campbell
    New Identity
    (John Campbell)
    Rigid Mask
    Trained Observer
    Composure
    (Placid)
    Perfect Stillness
    James Turner

Mien
    Skin pulled back tight against his frame and a ghostly white, eyes and mouth sucking and empty pits that appear to be without end. His shadow a deep black that seems to be driving the body instead of the other way around.

PRE

Whisperwisp

"I'm gonna ask you about The Thousand but that might be a topic for another time."

His fingers steepled and pushed to his lips, the burger set aside and forgotten as he listened, REALLY listened as B spoke of finding the Onyx Court missing.

"Missing or Hidden, neither bode well, each has a reason and purpose. "

His mask broke at the edges, concern in his eyes as fear pumped the blood through his heart. One breath, two, three and then the mask reasserted itself, panic and fear were the enemies, the tools of autumn. Remember your sorrow, remember your duty, your function. Hold to it until your dying breath.

He let out a long exhale and nodded.

"I'm sorry we could not welcome you properly. I will say I'm glad to have met you, to have met all of you. This has been a nice introduction to all of you and the city."

Watching Bugul bring up his concerns, the oath, and then watching the others follow suit made him smile, good, he was glad someone else was looking out for these folks while the onyx court slumbered. Someone had to, someone had to shoulder that burden.

"Has anyone ever told you you'd be a fine addition to our fair court? Because it'd be true, but that's a matter for another time if you're interested. I'd be more than happy to be oathbound, normally I'd swear an oath to my Monarch and then the freehold..."

In that order.

"...as the monarch usually handles such things. It sounds like this Rhodes is handling it in the interim so I'm sure we can come to an agreement and understanding and get it taken care of, but you're right to be suspicious. Smart. Good instincts."

He paused when he asked what would stop him and the default summer monarch spoke up and he nodded his agreement. He pointed to her, then Bugul, then everyone else.

"All of you would. Winter's advantage is in staying hidden, I gave away my advantage by walking up openly. I'm not oathbound but a fist is a fist and a knife is a knife and both are still effective when applied with proper force. Four on one aren't anyone's odds. I wouldn't take that bet."

He laughed and shook his head.

"No. I'm glad you're watching out though, good to keep your eyes open."

He listened to Circe as she spoke and immediately started to assemble her burger, taking a break from his own half eaten one as she spoke, letting her get her time in without interruption as he placed it on a place, bringing his own and rejoining them as he leaned back against the stand near the entrance in case anyone else wanted one.

"Sicilian hmmm. I'd be interested in hearing about it sometime, perhaps over coffee. My accent? This bland thing? Midwest standard, rather bland. I wound up in Seattle, you know how it goes.

"A subtle summer, intriguing and you're the de-facto leader? I appreciate your openness with me, I'm no warrior, not really me design. As far as default sovereigns, not much of a leader, I don't know what I'd do with it but...we all have our duty."

That was the Winter Court way after all, every season it's function, ever piece its place and in the machine it all worked. But, one thing out of place, one malfunctioning cog and the entire thing could crumble. Malfunction is what we had to keep an eye out for.

"Yea Goblin Fruit coffee beans actually, was really strange tasted great though, nick pick me-up for those late nights. I might actually take you up on those hedgewears at some point, I might need a thing or two to fulfill my obligations."

He turned to Sonnie, his moment of concern had come and gone and that placid mask had returned, again as she spoke of the court and what had happened his full attention and focus and pulled in for that singular moment.

"Is anyone heading up that investigation? If so please put me in contact with them, I'd like to be of assistance if I can."

He couldn't help but give another laugh when she said anyone here was a good contact.

"Apparently I'm surrounded by Royalty so you're not wrong. I will definitely take you up on that invitation though, thank you. You seem to be close to Rhodes, perhaps you can pass them my contact information or let me know when a good time to meet is."

Yes I'd picked up on that tidbit.

He smiled as she said she'd keep her information close to the vest.

"Little frost on those flowers your Majesty? No, no hard feelings what so-ever, I clearly get it being what I am. Now if you want you can pepper me with questions and then the awkward formal introductions can conclude and we can play fetch with the pooch and have a merry time."

Just for one night.

Goes by the name: John

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's eyes widen as she looks at Sonja Wu before shaking her head, "I gotta agree with Seraphina. And I'd veto ya doing a hammock over any cotton candy machine. That's like an accident waiting ta happen comic." Circe simply nods her head when it comes to the mysterious Winter disappearance.

As for Sonja's concerns over the whole default crown thing that got a laugh from Circe, "Oh ho ho ho! Do ya recall what I told ya was the 2 round grand duel between myself and Donovan was? There is precedent fer the absurd."

"True Seraphina, Yer lack of faith in my puns shant be disturbed," Circe was a Summer so she was truly surprised that Seraphina turned down a free shot. As for the oath that got a nod from the blue Lost. That was totally fair.

And Fugly delivers! Crimson orbs sparkle in their black ocean as the pug patrols golden feet, "Clearly Sonja's bilingual in puppy and told him to circle the golden treasure he pugging loves. Ya should learn another language. Being bilingual is so much fun, ooooh I got one," she coughs in her fist, "Ahem. Dove vanno i gatti quando muoiono? Al purrrrgatorio," Circe heavily rolls the R on the last word, "It works just as well in English!"

Though it may have worked better if Circe actually translated it for everyone else. The Thousand? Circe had no idea what that was either.

The Fairest watches John make her burger and that was a twitchy face he had. The formality from the Winter was unexpected. "Well uh welcome aboard when it gets official." Then she snorts with a laugh as John points at her as a deterrent to trouble. Smart boy.

She accepts the burger from John, "Grazie fer yer flattery. Subtle beats the Hell out of barbarous Summer schtick. Coffee? Always loved that." She smirks at his worry over being a default sovereign. She takes a bite out of the burger and moans at the flavor.

The prospect of magical coffee beans really good her in a good mood. "Ooooh that does sound like a great treat. Totally in favor of finding some fer Sera's place. I mean," she it talkin with her hands and the cheeseburger. "I'd find Hedgespun ta be a fair trade fer magical fairy coffee. Oh hey Sera?" She looks to the Spring with the circling pug, "That'd be great ta go with yer sparkle sugar. I mean it wouldn't be literal fairy dust but dusted fairy coffee, so close." Magical coffee excites Circe.

Investigation? Oh the Winters bunkering down or bouncing. "Well I may be the Queen Bitch but I ain't doin' an investigation. I spend my time killing some monsters and Winters aren't dumb enough ta leave a digital trail, so I'm not exactly subtle. Unless yer talking about Summer standards," Circe laughs, before biting her burger. "Then I am incredibly subtle, oh ho ho ho ho."

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread